Moved from the muscle boards... trying to maintain!

I dunno because normally I can't see in my mirror. My mirrors are just low enough to get my neck. Don't know why they built my bathroom that way. My girlfriend has to stand on tiptoes to even see more than her hair haha.

I like how your lazy day is more than some people do on a normal energetic gym outing haha. Cracked me up a bit.

That color guard job sounds awesome! Good luck!

Mirrors are motivation! You should def invest in a 2$ one from walmart thats full length :)

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

Thanks again :).

I just got back from a weekend of training with my unit. They told me I'd have a PT test so I took Thursday to "rest", didnt work out fri-sun expecting the test and it never happened so I'm kinda upset about that. Oh well, wouldn't have been able to anyways.

This week I start my new goal/diet/fitness plan of building muscle (screw what the scale says, no matter how scary it gets). This week I am trimming back what excess flab I have accumulated over the couple weeks of bad diet by cutting back on the junk I'm eating, more running, and obviously just working out like I do. The running (that I haven't done regularly in a while) will help millions, and the eating better will help obviously too. Day 1- so far so good!

Next week after hopefully slimming down a good amount, I will increase the amount of food I eat to help with muscle gain. I plan on doing this by adding a second breakfast (shake and omelet, for example), or more food in general; protein shake after the gym and before dinner for example. I'll figure it out more as I go along.

Week 3 I'll monitor my progress and see where I have to go- eat more, workout more, change my routine, ect.

So Week 1 Day 1-

Woke up, ran 2 miles (in 14 mins!)

breakfast- 2 egg omelet, ham and spinach

lunch- luna bar, salad w chicken, eggs, bacon

gym I was feeling so crappy today I almost walked out of the gym 3 times before I got started. But once I got going it wasn't too bad. Needless to say not one of my bests

10 min stair climber warmup

15 closehand pushups x3

30 situps x3

3 chinups x3 (expirimented with overhand/alt grip to start working on pullups)

power clean and press 45lbs x10, 65lbs x8x2, 75lbs x5

leg lifts off a bench x15 + 15 second hold x4

bench step-ups w/25lbs in ea hand x15 x4

deadlift 65lbs x 10, 85lbs x10, 95lbs x 10

one footed bent over rows 20lbs x10 ea side x3

(guy wanted the squat rack bad so I rushed these sets)

random medicine ball decline situps

500m row in 2 mins

called it quits

dinner 3 egg omelet (hehe) chicken sausage, mushrooms, spinach

totals for today

total cals-1222

total burned- 724

protein- 116g

carbs- 62g

fat- 53g

breakdown- I need more protein even tho I had 5 eggs, a protein shake and a bunch of meat. WTHECK. This is gunne be harder than I thought.. Hmmm.. Well I'm not too worried about it for the slimdown process, but when I start eating more its going to mostly be all protein.

onto day 2, hope I can be consistent. OH! And no coffee or monster today!

"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training

Getting enough protein is beasting hard for me at 1 gram per pound of weight I have. It's actually damn near impossible without almost pure meat lol. I'm working on it though. Part of my problem was how I positioned my meals. I wasn't eating enough protein in each meal to make it easy to gain up to that 1:1 ratio. We'll see how it goes!

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Getting enough protein is beasting hard for me at 1 gram per pound of weight I have. It's actually damn near impossible without almost pure meat lol. I'm working on it though. Part of my problem was how I positioned my meals. I wasn't eating enough protein in each meal to make it easy to gain up to that 1:1 ratio. We'll see how it goes!

Its so hard! Protein powder is the way to go. Next week when I start really working on my protein I'm going to have 2 breakfasts and maybe 2 dinners. The 2nd will be a protein shake! I have a feeling I'm going to be going thru alot of protein soon.

What meats do you eat alot of? I'm tight on cash and want the best meats for my buck! haha.

Current challenge
My Training

Yeah eating this much protein is tight on the budget. I have been eating ALOT of chicken. What I generally do is find the cheapest family package of chicken breasts I can find and I just cook it all at once. It saves me money and time that way.

I've actually been buying the frozen ones so that I don't have to go to the store everyday. Of course you're smaller than me and won't have to eat quite as much chicken so maybe it'll be slightly easier for you. I definitely now have realized before I wasn't getting near as much protein as I had suspected. The advantage to occasionally calorie tracking.

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

I used to do the precooked chicken stuff- just got lazy. Then I moved onto making paleo meatloaf with turkey and chicken and would eat that like a power bar for lunch, haha. Its good stuff! I just need to get back into the swing of things, instead of getting muscle milks and protein bars for lunch haha.

Today!

woke up, ran 2.5 miles

breakfast 2 egg omelet ham and spinach, had some walnuts and banana between breakfast and lunch

lunch protein shake coconut milk and whey

gym

15 closehand pushups x3

20 wikid decline situps x3

3 alternating grip chin/pull ups x3

hyperextentions 35lbs x10 ea side x3

box jumps x20 x3

bosu ball kettle bell swings 25lbs x20 x3

jumprope (in which i sucked at today) x100 x3

push/pull/ups w/10lb dumbbells x10 x3

cable crunch 140lbs x10 x3

alternating grip pullups x3 x3

trx pushups x10 x3

chinup holding leg lifts x10 x3

planks with the stability ball till i called it a day :).

much better workout mentality today, which made for alot better workout and more sweat!

dinner is gunna be chicken on the grill w a nice salad and avocado & walnuts (threw those in after calculating my 900 cals total for the day, whoops!)

totals; (again, all of which are estimated off of livestrong/myplate)

total cal 1280

cals burned 830

protein- 116g

carbs- 77g

fat-62g

i'm likin it! got a new book on fitness today and am onto unit 4 of my personal trainer license :). only 16 more! haha.

Current challenge
My Training

Adding in a new thing per diem i will list all of the temptations that I resisted throughout the day!

temptations resisted today

-banana bread in the microwave that mom made

-rice on the stove that mom made w dinner

-the cheese in the salad she made

-getting candy at walmart

-getting a bar of dark chocolate at barnes and nobles

-eating the second half of my power bar after the gym

-getting crappy beef jerky at walmart

-making a cup of instant hot cocoa right now

-

Current challenge
My Training

putting down todays workout now, worked out this morniing and have definitely not finished eating so I'll post that stuff tonight after our training meeting (ugh).

todays workout

10 min sprinting 30 on 30 off warmup

10 decline pushups x2

30 situps x2 (wasnt going to do pushups/situps today but was waiting on the squat rack)

hanging clean and press

45lbs x10

65lbs x5 x3

one legged bent over row 25lbs 10 ea side x3

trx pushups x10 x4

alt hand pull up x3 x3

squats

45lbs x10

65lbs x10

85lbs x10

105lbs x5x2 x2 (wasnt going to max out today, just working it)

torso rotation/lunge w/15lbs dumbbell x10 (holy hard) x3

leg lifts off bench x15 w/ 10 sec hold x4

some more random chinups and such and called it a day. not much of a workout but i was sweating like crazy. i went in the morning thinking it was going to be semi-empty but oh lordy was I wrong! It was so packed!! aand alll of the trainers were working w clients so it was that much more crazy. ugh. i will probably avoid going in the morning on a weekday ever again. i need my own rack in my back yard. saaannnttaaaaaaa? hehe.

onto studying more personal trainer stuff. the book i got yesterday is called the men's health gym bible. it is SO HELPFUL its rediculous. i know its mens health, because the womens health stuff is always too weak and girly for me. i'd rather use the bench than a resistance band, thank you women's health.

I'm trying to find a good book/website on nutrition for optimizing muscle gains. I know its basically moar protein, but i would like some sort of plan i could semi follow/use as a basis for my own plan. i thought i found one yesterday while I was at the book store by men's health, but oh man.. i was reading it and one part of it said "what you eat doesnt have anything to do with how your muscles grow" and i was like whaaaaaaaaaat!? then i checked the publication date.. from 2000. so a good 12 years ago. needless to say i put the book back on the shelf. it should be illegal to have fitness books over a decade old on the shelves still.

anyways enough rambling. maybe i'll post a blog later and reiterate everything i said here just because.

ps- today's my monster day! i get to have 1 monster later on, probably at the training meeting. i'm allowing myself 2 coffees and 2 monsters per week. i know it sounds like alot but its coming from a girl thats had one of both every day for the last 3 weeks.. haha. god coffee will always be my downfall.

Current challenge
My Training

Oooooh monsters. In case of emergency Consume! Those things are evil, in a somewhat good way :)

So what's in the men's health gym bible? I am looking to increase my knowledge of training stuff. You know for fun.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Oooooh monsters. In case of emergency Consume! Those things are evil, in a somewhat good way :)

So what's in the men's health gym bible? I am looking to increase my knowledge of training stuff. You know for fun.

Haha emergency like i-dont-give-a-crap days. They will always be my ultimate weakness.

the gym bible starts with basic what to look for in a gym membership blabla stuff. which is good if you don't already have a gym. then it goes into what your workouts should consist of, structure, intensity, amt of weight vs rest and all that jazz. then after that it has pages apon pages of pictures of different exercises grouped into body weight (broken down into core, chest, arms, lower body ect), free weights/olympic, bench, cable, and stability ball and stretching. like hundreds of exercises! after that it goes into classes you can/should take, different cardio exercises other than running you can do (breaks down what you work when you play specific sports and such, pretty good info) and goes over what each and every little thing in the gym is used for. its super helpful for someone like me that has no friends that go to the gym so no where to learn it all from :).

Highly suggested!

Current challenge
My Training

yesterdays food (it was a rest day)

breakfast- 2 eggs and turkey omelet

lunch- chicken breast salad w oriental noodles and mandarin oranges

dinner- builders protein bar & some mounds candy.. hehe whoops.

total cals- 1129

total burned- (i put in walking hehe cause we walked ALOT) 201

protein- 89g

carbs- 95g

fat- 42g

so i wasn't awesome yesterday, but didn't really eat enough to worry about much. it was a longgg day.

Current challenge
My Training

toooodaaaayyyyyyy

breakfast 2 egg omelet w chicken sausage

lunch muscle milk and jerky

gym

3 pullups!!!! x4

3 alt grip chin/pull ups x4

20 box jumps x4

15 decline situps x4

100 jumprope x4

12 decline pushups x4

suitcase squats w olympic bar x10 x4

hanging clean and press 45lbs x10, 65lbs x5x2, 75lbs x5, 85lbs x5, x3x2 :):)

lunge rotation w 15lb dumbbell x8 x4

leg lifts off bench x15 x4

some more random pull ups!! and chinups and then done

dinner post gym shake, then dinner was sushi w/o rice and half a dove bar.. whoops

totals

total cals- 1286

cals burned- 730

protein- 101g

carbs- 71g

fat- 54g

thoughts- im still hungry =/. i ate half the dove bar till i looked at how much sugar was in it, then hated myself, then threw the rest of it out my window. i'm at a hotel room right now and i'm pretty sure i wont have a chance to get breakfast any time soon so i'm going to walk to the stop and shop across the street. possibly get some more food to hold me over till tomorrow. i'm pretty sure im just imagining me being hungry but regardless its very annoying.

Current challenge
My Training

totals

total cals- 1286

cals burned- 730

thoughts- im still hungry =/. i'm pretty sure im just imagining me being hungry but regardless its very annoying.

That leaves 556 calories for your metabolic processes and whatever activities you didn't log. You're not hungry you're starving.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Thank you sloth-like. I don't realize what I'm doing to my body sometimes. I did end up going out and getting a greek yogurt but that was it for the day.

Yesterday-

sucked.

we had a mandatory honor guard thing in the city that involved an awards ceremony and a small parade. no food was provided. so I ate an egg white flatbread from dunkin donuts for breakfast (at 530am) and then nothing untill 430pm when we stopped at a gas station and i got a builders protein bar (clif) and some mounds. then i didn't eat again until about 730pm at the campground i met my family at and i had chicken breast, corn on the cob, tortilla chips and salsa, and a couple smores.

totals

cals- 1195 (estimated)

burned- was a rest day so no workout

protein- 95g

carbs- 95

fat- 28g (i dont know how that happend)

Current challenge
My Training

Wow, I'd be starving too on that amount of food two days in a row- I know you probably know more about eating/exercising effectively than me at this point, but surely if you want to get stronger you want to be eating above maintenance not below? I mean it doesn't look like you have any weight to lose whatsoever. Half a sugary snack bar isn't gonna hurt you in any way though I do admire your willpower in stopping at half.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Thanks ocelot! I am trying to cut back on everything for this week, and then seeing my progress and such, next week I am going to begin to eat more to try to gain more muscle. I'm trying a new thing, haha, I don't always eat so little.

today

breakfast 3 egg omelet w turkey lunch meat

lunch was about 30 mins after breakfast, haha and a coconut milk protein shake

had some leftover chicken breast

gym

pretty much just screwed around all day at the gym today. no rhyme or reason. it consisted of;

power cleans (max 95lbs!! and a press w it!)

hanging power clean and press's (max 95lbs but only one rep)

deadlifts (max 95lbs, was lazy adjusting weight)

bench (gym was empty so played w the self help one, max 70? i dont know if the olympic bar weighs anything on the assisted bench, if it does then i did 115 lol)

pull ups (sets of 2 and 3)

alt grip chin up (sets of 2 and 3)

suitcase squats w empty olympic bar

t-pushups w 10lbs ea hand (3 sets 10)

setups w 25lbs ea hand (3 sets 20)

and i think thats it. i love having a gym all empty to myself!

dinner salmon on spinach w walnuts and balsamic vinigarette. picked at some more chicken, and had organic peppermint patties after i went to the grocery store.

totals-

total cals- 1241

burned- 547

protein- 137 (score!)

carbs- 33g (prob why im so tired)

fat- 60g (woop!)

i didnt think it was going to turn out to be such a good calorie day, but the way everything evened out was great, even considering it was 1. a weekend (holy crap) and 2. i didn't eat anything really yesterday so i'm surprised i didn't pig out like crazy today.

i actually just started feeling kind of sick. i think its between being super tired and.. yeah probably just the super tired. i didn't sleep well last night, i stayed in the camper even though they didn't have sufficient blankets or a pillow for me, and it got wikid cold and i just dozed on and off and woke up at like 630. oh well. tonight will be a better night :)

now to study more about the science behind a perfect workout in my personal trainer course!

PS- next week i begin my eating more calories and carbs to try to gain some muscle. bare with me, though, i'm a little scared to try it but i'm going to. gunna have about 2400 on workout days, closer to 100 carbs too. i'm going away this weekend though so it may disrupt things a little (ugh i hate when stuff like that happens). but i'm confident that i'm so fed up with yoyo-ing up and down i'm ready to buckle down.

Current challenge
My Training

So i started looking into leangains last night seriously. I've looked into it before but found it way too complicated and time consuming to even bother with, but last night I found some easy to read articles and a calculator and such that made it that much more simple; low fat high carbs on workout days, and low carbs higher fat on rest days, with protein staying the same at about 1g per lb of bodyweight. rather simple. so I think I'm going to start slowly incorporating this into my daily eats and see how/what/if it does anything. oh yeah, and feeding is in an 8 hr window every day, fasting outside of the 8 hour window. this part it easyish for me because i don't usually have breakfast until 9-10am sometimes and then that would give me until 5-6pm to finish eating. the hardest part for me is going to be eating ENOUGH. workout days i'm supposed to be eating 2400 cals (ish), and rest about 1500 (still more than i usually ate anyways). lets do this! (as soon as i figure out how, haha, have never really payed attention to macros while i eat them).

today

woke up, 2.5 mile run untimed

breakfast 3 egg omelet w turkey deli meat and spinach

lunch(ish) coconut milk protein shake, had a banana and peanut butter later on before the gym too (yay at attempt of more caloriessss)

gym was fun today, trying to make my workouts simpler

15 closehand pushups x3

25 decline situps x3

3 pullups x3

3 chinups x3

squat 45lbs x5/ 95lbs x8x2/ 115lbs x5x3

one legged bent over row 25lbs 10 ea hand x4

trx pushups x10 x4

deadlift (romanian) 95lbs x10x2/115lbs x6x3

trx pushups x10 x4

chinups x3 x4

played with the stability ball

elevated plank pull-ins 25 x3

side bridge w up/downs x10 ea side x3

body twists x10 x3

leg curls (uncounted amt) and single leg curls (uncounted, but alot) these things hurt! i dare you to try them!

then called it a day. i upped my deadlift to 115! and my squat evened out at a steady 115 vs just my max rep since the last time i squatted. i'm so excited about my gains lately :)

dinner post gym i had another protein shake, for dinner steak tips, shrimp over spinach w red onion

ugh i tried to hard today to up calories..

totals-

total cals - 1614

burned- 771

protein- 149g (good!)

carbs- 69g (hmm)

fat- 78g (high cause of the peanut butter)

thoughts- this is going to be near to impossible..

i plan on writing out weekly workout schedules for me so i dont go to the gym not having any clue what i'm going to do anymore. anyone recommend any barbell lifts other than cleans, presses, deadlift, and squats? i need to broaden my knowledge in regards to those exercises. im in love with the squat rack.

i need to find someone thats doing leangains and copy what they eat to make my attempt at following that diet. its going to be pretty hard.

Current challenge
My Training