Weight lost, routine semi-established!

Okay, so, when I joined the ranks of NerdFitness I weighed about 215 lbs. and wasn't doing anything as far as fitness or exercise is concerned.

Today, I weigh about 208 lbs. and I've been mostly successful in following my workout routine 3 times a week!

I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but then I realized, oh yeah...I hate exercise! So this is big for me! I should've known it was going to happen, since I'm awesome. ;)

This is, in large part, due to the almost immediate support I got from you guys on these forums. The responses here can be quicker and much more uplifting than forums for any MMO I've been on. Thank you SO SO MUCH! YOU guys are awesome!

Now I just need to keep the momentum going and growing.

• Like 3

What say you, people of Meh?

Meh.

Meh.

:numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: We are not roused. :numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: 

Congrats!

Keep going! I've been working with NF routines 3 times a week a little over 3 months now. It's been doing great things for me. I keep a big calendar on my wall and mark my workout days with big red "X"s. So far I haven't missed a full week since I started. I've now got 4 big pages on my wall full of X's and it makes me feel really proud! (I think I'm more proud of the fact that I did the exercise than I am of losing any weight).

Do you still hate exercise? Geting started is still hard for me, but I love the feeling I get when I'm done.

• Like 1

Congrats!

Keep going! I've been working with NF routines 3 times a week a little over 3 months now. It's been doing great things for me. I keep a big calendar on my wall and mark my workout days with big red "X"s. So far I haven't missed a full week since I started. I've now got 4 big pages on my wall full of X's and it makes me feel really proud! (I think I'm more proud of the fact that I did the exercise than I am of losing any weight).

Do you still hate exercise? Geting started is still hard for me, but I love the feeling I get when I'm done.

That's a really good idea, the calendar thing! You get to have a visual representation of your progress. I should do that!

I have to agree with what you said about hating exercise. It's hard to get started, though it is getting easier because of that feeling afterward. Even self esteem is a little better, even if there isn't that much of a visual improvement just yet!

Meh.

Meh.

:numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: We are not roused. :numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: 

Just an update on how things are going for me.

I was able to complete my routine for the first time since starting here!

When I started, I was only able to do the exercises in my routine once. Just once!

I'm not sure how long I've been with NerdFitness. I think something like 1.5 or 2 months now. Anyway, I was able to progress to doing them twice in a row. Today I was able to do the full three times required.

Progress is good.

AND I recently got hired! I'll soon be able to get the lifetime membership here and be able to dig into the material. Things are improving slowly, but so surely.

• Like 2

Meh.

Meh.

You're doing great! I went exactly through the same phases and victories just two months ago. Why not try to join the six week challenge? It's not too late, and it gives a great frame for all the workouts and goals you want to attain :).

I'll definitely give it a look. I won't lie, they've been in the back of my head for quite a while. Just trying to motivate myself. I just started doing the Paleo diet today. Should I tack on the 6 week challenge too or will that burn me out?

• Like 1

Meh.

Meh.

I'll definitely give it a look. I won't lie, they've been in the back of my head for quite a while. Just trying to motivate myself. I just started doing the Paleo diet today. Should I tack on the 6 week challenge too or will that burn me out?

Great to hear :).

To be honest, I won't say it's easy, but you should include the efforts you are currently making IN the challenge. You're the only one to decide what your goals are, how hard they going to be to achieve, and how you reward yourself for them. You can click on the link in my signature, to see an example. The format keeps me motivated and accountable since you report back and interact with people. It's a matter of moderation and balance really, the format itself is short enough to feel "fast" and spontaneous, but longer enough to make habits stick and give you real progress fitness wise.

• Like 1