An Unexpected Journey/There and Back Again

This week I am starting a new challenge for myself: walk 397 miles from Bag End to Rivendell by the 1st of December. When I reach Rivendell, hopefully ahead of schedule, I will begin the walk from Rivendell to the Lonely Mountain (570 miles) by April 1st, and from the Lonely Mountain back to Bag End (967 miles!) by the 1st of September 2016, just in time for the Hogwarts Express. By my calculations, the first segment should only be about 3 miles a day, which is not so much of a challenge, but I will need to create the hobbit habit of walking every day, so its a reasonable goal to set.  The following 2 segments should be harder, over 5.5 miles a day, every day. But if Bilbo and the Dwarves can do it on their little hobbit/dwarf legs, then so can I. 

When it's all over, maybe I will reward myself with a gold ring, or a sword, or a tattoo in commemoration of my accomplishment. Or, if you have other ideas, let me know! 

PLEASE spam me with support, ask for an update on my progress, etc. I'll try to post about the important landmarks I pass and the adventures I have (trolls, anyone?) as I make this massive journey across Middle Earth. If there are any dwarves who would like to join me on this quest, you are more than welcome to join the company!

post-41933-0-48110500-1437062582_thumb.j

• Like 1

Celestria Nebula (Kimberly)

Lv. 1 Hobbit - Ranger 

My Hobbit Walking Challenge: here

Little by little, one travels far. -J.R.R. Tolkien (supposedly)

This weekend, I spent a lot of time walking around my local Renaissance Faire, since I work there, and I have racked up quite a few miles!

So far, the dwarves and Bilbo (me) have traveled 24 miles and have reached the The Floating Log inn at Frogmorton. We have been traveling east along the Great East Road, having a jolly old time. 

Lv. 1 Hobbit - Ranger 

So far, I have traveled a total of 62 miles, which is 16% of the journey. The company has crossed the Brandywine Bridge, and we are approaching the Old Forest.

Did not walk nearly as many miles as I should have this past week, getting back at it today with a walk after dinner.

Lv. 1 Hobbit - Ranger