"Well I was fat before I got pregnant, so your argument is invalid."

Because now that I had a baby, my friends are like "Don't say that, you're not fat. You just had a baby!" 

Um, you seem to have completely forgotten what I looked like before I got pregnant? It's about the same. I'm totally "back to my pre-baby body" because I'm still fat, lol! I lost body fat while pregnant, my kid was eating me alive and my doctor was like don't do any diet, but don't start eating spoonfuls of nutella either. I was the same 190 lbs for 8 weeks while kiddo was growing in the third trimester. I think I was 191 at 40 weeks? After he was born I went down to 175 but have floated back up to 180 the last few weeks. At first that was the water weight and puffiness going away, and then I got too comfortable and eating ice cream and sugar like I was still pregnant. So I gained some weight back. I hadn't stuck to paleo over the school year, because my doctor wanted me to get dairy and I was so tired from a work day with a short (25 minute) lunch break I was eating whatever I could regardless of it was dairy, sugar, or (non gluten) grains.

So let's just start fixing that. Let's make me a good example for my son who is going to grow up in a very plugged-in world where its way too easy to be sedentary and never leave the house and still feel like a well socialized human being. I want to show him, from a young age, that its great to move and go outside and play.

I also want to maintain milk production. Right now I breastfeed my son Ethan and supplement with a special formula when I don't have enough. It's hard to keep up with a growing boy. I would love to exclusively breastfeed him right now but his appetite keeps outpacing me, then when I catch up he gets a growth spurt and he outpaces me again. He's growing like a weed! I need to get enough calories and water to make milk. So I need to make sure I don't under-eat and trust the extra 500 calories a day that breastfeeding consumes to help me lose. I also need to drink a ton of water and some days I manage more than others. I have a hospital cup that holds 32oz, and I need to try to drink the whole thing 3 times a day. That's 96 oz of water. I'm tracking calories just to make sure I get ENOUGH calories (aiming for 1800.)

So I'm starting back on paleo TODAY, and starting a boot camp exercise twice a week with some local moms TODAY. It's in one of the gals' back yard with equipment we all bring, and its free. The gal running it is experienced after doing them for years so she's leading us. :)

Summer goals:

• Kick the sugar and (most) dairy back out my diet. 
  • Kick the pasta (It's gluten free, but still not paleo. My body cannot handle gluten.)
  • Lose 10 pounds before the school year starts.
  • Learn more about weight training, because I know nothing. (Jon Snow) (I'm sorry. I had to.)
  • Drink at least 3 fills of my 32oz hospital cup for water, daily.

Long-term goals:

• Become able to do a pull up (per Spezzy's challenge in the women's specific training forum)
  • Lose 50 pounds
  • Get the flap off my arms.

Current Photos:

(no underwear or semi revealing before photos on public websites, because teacher. Last thing I need is students finding pics of me poorly covered. It would actually be a real problem and a threat to my job.)

post-18810-0-56606800-1437062744_thumb.jpost-18810-0-65969100-1437062745_thumb.jpost-18810-0-69695200-1437063068_thumb.j

Texas Mom of Boys, Druid Chick

Thursday 7/16

Mostly paleo, getting off on a good foot. 45 minutes of boot camp exercise where I couldn't finish everything but I made the best effort I could. Met my 1800 calories (app says 1895) and drank about 110 oz of water.

19781208401_f0a6c994bc_n.jpg19750384666_a8278cd727_n.jpg19750384846_e37d5fc8c7_n.jpg

Made "cereal" by toasting coconut flakes, adding a tiny bit of honey, and serving in almond milk.

It can be awkward when friends try to make you feel better by saying something you know isn't true. They mean well, but it probably isn't the kind of support/encouragement to change that you really need in the moment. Luckily, it sounds like you're finding some support with other moms as well as on the message boards. You're off to a great start! 

I would caution you to not load yourself up too heavily with time sensitive goals. Having done the new mom thing I know what a crazy time of change and exhaustion it can be, and if you're feeling at all down on yourself, you need some victories on your side. Of course you know yourself far better than I do. So if big changes are motivating and not a recipe for disaster for you then by all means full steam ahead!

Current Challenge, 8765, 4321

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."

- Stephen King

19789861705_729b0c7aff_n.jpg

Saturday I was definitely under calorie, under watered, and had udi's bread. We had very short moments to eat anything between hours of price negotiating at two car dealerships. On the bright side we may be able to get a 2015 civic lx for $199/month, 4k down, 1.9 apr. :D

It can be awkward when friends try to make you feel better by saying something you know isn't true. They mean well, but it probably isn't the kind of support/encouragement to change that you really need in the moment. Luckily, it sounds like you're finding some support with other moms as well as on the message boards. You're off to a great start! 

I would caution you to not load yourself up too heavily with time sensitive goals. Having done the new mom thing I know what a crazy time of change and exhaustion it can be, and if you're feeling at all down on yourself, you need some victories on your side. Of course you know yourself far better than I do. So if big changes are motivating and not a recipe for disaster for you then by all means full steam ahead!

You're a sweetheart to be concerned, but I totally got this. :) If I don't make the whole 10 pounds, then it is what it is. Not losing sleep over it. :)