*Parkour drop roll to introduction*... "Hi I'm Ryan"

Hey everybody,

If you can't tell from my username my name is Ryan. I've been doing parkour for the past 6-7 years and martial arts on and off since I've been a kid. Always been really active though I went through a chubby period during my pre teens still not where I want to be with my physicality, but I'm headed in that direction. I'm a bit of a geek/nerd and when I found this place it really spoke to me. Also I'm an active member on www.americanparkour.com and currently run www.jumputah.com (not where I want it to be right now, working on making it prettier).

Like I said before I've always been active and haven't had too much of a problem staying active, but I tend to lose inspiration with my General Physical Prepardness (GPP) or use my injury as an excuse (did the Clean totally wrong with way to much weight, just started rehabing my shoulders with the PT). Which is part of why I like this site, it helps me get my butt into gear.

But I do need to hold off on weight lifting for the time being, once I get my shoulders working in the next month or so, then I will hit my short term goals with bodyweight conditioning.

Stats

I am 5' 6" on a good day. I weight around 175lbs. I have 14.7 % body fat.

Currently my 1RM (One Rep Max) for:

Bench is 225

Deadlift is around 295

Squat (Machine unfortunately) is 285

50 push ups (estimated)

100+ air squats

14 pull ups

Short Term Goals

1000 push ups (standard 50's on all the variations I can find)

1000 air squats

500 pistols (long term goal 1000 each)

500 pull ups (long term goal 1000)

1000 sit ups

I know these seem a little out of my reach, but I know I can do them. Currently I'm increasing my airsquat by 25 each session (every other day) and am at 100 right now.

I plan on hitting a rest week once I hit 450. I'm not touching pushups for the time being as I need to rehab my shoulders.

Long Term

See http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,36101.msg445134.html#msg445134 for more details.

My goal is within 6 months after reaching my bodyweight goals to increase my:

Bench to 300 lbs

Deadlift to 400+ lbs

Squat to 400 lbs

Clean 225lb

Press 225lbs

So yeah I also am on a semi-strict paleo diet (mostly week days with exceptions) and feel that I need to work my endurance and run intervals, but don't currently have any goals specifically for that.

A Few Life Goals:

Build Jump Utah and connect all of Utah with parkour

2 fights amateur MMA

Mission for my Church

Build Utah's Parkour Gym and teach classes

Visit and live in different areas of the world

I'll set down more concrete goals in time. As for leisure I think I'll be building my own personalized lightsaber and beating Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Either way glad to be here and looking for the encouragement to stick to my goals. Hope to be able to return the favor in any way I can.

Glad to meet all of you!

Ryan

Thanks guys glad to be here now.

@awsd00, anyone can do parkour. I'd suggest checking out www.americanparkour.com, Urban Current, Ryan Doyle's Roll Tutorial, and Demon Drills on Youtube as well as the Tapp Brothers tutorials. Its mostly just hard work that is more fun the more you do it.

@Extreme Exercises, I alternate days I do them and have a friend to push me. Its actually not that much of an increase, but if I feel I'm pushing too hard I stick to the last workout amount. I also try to do a lot of warm up before and stretch hard after (plus muscle milk and glutamine and lots of other food stuff to give my body all it needs to heal).

Yeah in a lot of ways its a lot like Tai Chi, though I feel more explosive at times, I think that you do find that inner peace when you do it long enough though.

Awesome stuff with the missions trip, very very cool.

Guest guest4729

Thanks guys glad to be here now.

@awsd00, anyone can do parkour. I'd suggest checking out www.americanparkour.com, Urban Current, Ryan Doyle's Roll Tutorial, and Demon Drills on Youtube as well as the Tapp Brothers tutorials. Its mostly just hard work that is more fun the more you do it.

I was actually looking into the basics the other day. I will most likely be trying the basic rolls as soon as I get the confidence to do it. I have a big fear of injuring myself to an irrational point sometimes. Ha. I also hope that the upper arm strength I'm starting to build will help me work up to Parkour. I have very little arm strength so once I'm stronger I'll be working on fun parkour stuff. (Or at least that' my goal to!) I think it would be a super fun way to get a work out and challenge myself. Plus how is it NOT awesome to be able to throw yourself around, jump all over and do other stuff? :D