Heyo!

I'm Storm (or at least I wish that was my name, because it's awesome)

I am starting my focused storm of fitness and health on Monday. Clinical for FNP is ended for 6 weeks, so it's a great time for me to focus. Although I still have work and other homework I think it will be a good time.

Over the years I have been up and down on my weight. I'm about 5'7 after nursing school and marriage I went form 150 to 180. I have never been "sporty". I have spent most of my life in the band in high school, playing video games, doing homework, watching and reading nerdy things. but after a few years of odds and ends I am back down to about 155-157. Now I am gonna start focusing on being healthy and find in the exerciser in me.

I will post some big and smaller pictures of me sometime or another.

Been posting a little here and there. Done a 6 week challenge that ended not as well as I expected, clinical kinda threw some hurdles at me that I didn't overcome. So here's to starting again with more focus.

More to come about me and my storm of fitness!!!!

Okay well I will be starting everything tomorrow. My weeks start on Monday pretty well because I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday night shift. When I wake up on Monday I will weigh in. Should be around 155lb if I had to guess. I am going to try to go by the Nerd Fitness Academy guide on food. I am at Level 3 of the diet. I don't drink any liquid calories except for a big of creamer in my coffee (Only about 15 cal). So I am gonna start with eating eggs or yogurt for breakfast and having my coffee. Plus I'm going to try to drink tons more water. Get a water bottle out and fill it up and make myself drink the whole thing by the end of the day. I am not going to try to do it all at once and eat nothing but grilled chicken and salad for a few weeks because that doesn't stick. Going to try to go with the nerd fitness academy way and do the levels.

So a little bit more about me and my journey to where I am today.

I have never really been obese. My highest weight was about 180lb, I'm 5'7 so its not too awful bad. I have been on and off diets since about 8th grade. My mom was obese and she was always dieting so I followed along and tried weight watchers in 8th grade. At the time I wasn't even considered overweight. But I just knew I was bigger than some of the other girls. I have struggled with comparing my body to others all my life. Throughout high school I would skip plenty of meals and barely eat. My weight never got below 150 but thats because I would just rollercoaster on what I ate. Dieting and then failing at it. I was never happy with my body

So then I went to nursing school and met my husband, gained 15 lb. Then I got married, started my first nursing job, gained 15 more. My husband got up to about 250lb! We done some dieting together over the years. He got down to 180 in less than a year. I lost maybe 20 lb  in that time, then aout 5-10 more throughout the years to now.  I done some Zumba back home, it was great because it was a good community and I loved it. I moved here to Asheville from Kentucky last year. I have a gym membership. I haven't gained a lot of weight but I am really wanting to focus on getting healthy and more fit. Like I said I have never been an active person.

I have some issues with diet due to just all the dieting through the years. If I count a lot of stuff, like calories, carbs, pounds. I get really anxious. I start weighing myself every day, feeling guilty. I eventually starting hating myself, hating my body. Ended up in therapy along with other problems that go along with that kind of guilt and hatred.

But this time is going to be different.

Here are a few pictures of me and how it has went so far.

post-40456-0-06838100-1437337974_thumb.j

This is me at my heaviest on the left (180) and the other pictures is from some time last year. My hair has grown out quite a bit now, but my weight hasn't changed too much from then.

post-40456-0-19908100-1437338036_thumb.j

This is my husband and I at our heaviest in Disney World (I'm a huge Disney freak by the way). Heaviest of 250 & 180. Then the right is a picture of us at Disney World a few years later. His lowest around 180 and me about 150 or so. That was a few years ago. Maybe 2013, but I look pretty well the same.

Well this is me and my journey. I will post my weight and plans as I go. Only gonna weigh every 2 weeks. Dont wanna get in that habit again and let that take me over.

Thanks for reading :-)

• Like 1

Well so far so good. Need to go to the grocery store so no yogurt or eggs for breakfast. Had a banana. Went to the gym and done the body weight workout on the academy. Walked uphill at 10.0 incline for 10'minutes. Plus done the warmup and cool down. Went to Jason's deli for a salad after.

a65c3d9e853589cc6f5b0f5ffcc40a54.jpg

Tried out a cycling class today. Liked it pretty good.

Had a banana for breakfast with some coffee. Had a lunch able. I know that's not good for you but I had like 10 from our last grocery trip because they are only a dollar right now.

Then I went to the gym and Jason's deli again. Salads there are amazing.

I would call that a good day. But I'm sure I will eat something else today. Still on a night shiftish schedule. Probably won't go to bed until about 3am or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well last week wasn't so bad. I done 3 days of the academy exercise. Went to a cycling class one day. However. This week not so well. I start my weeks on Mondays because I get off work Monday morning. I slept practically all day, got up and got my new tattoo. It's on the top of my shoulder so there was no way I could do my exercise. The thought of doing a push-up with a fresh shoulder tattoo makes me want to cry. I have t done any exercise yet his week and I have eaten terrible. Well yesterday afternoon I got panera bread. The chicken poppyseed salad is so good, so I suppose that's not to bad. But I had pf changs master that nightt. We eat out a lot because we don't like to cook or really know how to cook.

So I done great one week but I just never can seem to stay on track. It has been this way my whole life.