Ninjakitten's Quest for Tuna

Starting tomorrow I need a space to dump collect everything in between my first and second challenge (and possibly other following ones?), so a battle log it is. Posting seems to help me a lot with staying on track.

Quests in the first challenge were:

1) Drinking at least 2 liter a day.
2) Working out... at least 30 minutes 3x a week.
3) Reducing the amount of snacks I consume to 2 or less.

I failed my sidequest of trying to cook one new meal per week, even though this seemed to be the easiest at first. Snacks were a bit of a challenge, too (I apparently get a „bit“ hangry at times). Otherwise it went way better than I expected. … I even get thirsty whenever I drink less? I don't think this ever happened before.

So for now I will try to keep up with this and figure out what to do in the next challenge.
Plans are to stick to a calorie limit and track my intake. Follow some workout plan (undecided if I pick pilates or maybe some bodyweight routine).

I don't know about the rest yet either. Maybe continue to learn Italian. Reading. Meditation. Or eating less carbs as a separate goal. Or just plain old walking? Eh. So much to pick from.  

And I need more GIFs for everything.... who wants to use words when they can use ridiculous AND animated pictures instead.

uUfa2Or.png

• Like 1

Followed. :)

Yeah, diet and food intake can be tricky – my worst challenge by far was the "only 5 slices of bread a day" one. I think I only actually went over twice, but I just kept forgetting about it and failed to actively remind myself.

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Cannot wait to see what you'll come up with for the next challenge! :) 

Diet is my archenemy. :D I think I usually made too many changes at once and couldn't stick with them for long. Because no willpower. Now I actually changed my diet gradually. I still suck when it comes to portion control - that's why I thought tracking will help me. It did before. I just... stopped... and undid all my hard work. Eh. I know. 

• Like 1

Unless I have a bad case of grazing this evening I already reached all my goals for today. 0 snacks so far, 2.4 liter of water (+ lots of rain, does absorbing rain count? I bet it does) and I did a bodyweight workout. And I tried a wall plank, because being able to do a handstand again would be awesome - but my pudding like arms are keeping me back.

Rest of the day was a bit annoying. I hate it when things at work are badly organized and... I should be better at that, but I still don't like to handle complaints for the work others have messed up.

W8Jfg4k.png

:D

Maybe meditation would be good. 

• Like 2

Found ya :)

I've decided to just keep posting in the challenge thread for the rest of the week instead of starting a new battle log.  

I'm really excited about the next challenge, quests are probably going to include increasing difficulty on the NF Beginner Body Weight Workout, Kettlebells (swings and get ups), and breathing/meditation. That should help level up body and spirit, the mind is just going to have to tag along for the ride :)

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Found ya :)

I've decided to just keep posting in the challenge thread for the rest of the week instead of starting a new battle log.  

I'm really excited about the next challenge, quests are probably going to include increasing difficulty on the NF Beginner Body Weight Workout, Kettlebells (swings and get ups), and breathing/meditation. That should help level up body and spirit, the mind is just going to have to tag along for the ride :)

I wasn't trying to hide (although two logs can be confusing). If I had known it is just one week, I might have done this as well. :D 

Sounds like some good goals. I'm sure the mind will tag along indeed. 

• Like 1

Today wasn't exactly my best day. I don't remember that I ever broke so many things before? I drop everything. 

I was bored, but usually I use that to do more sports - but I didn't do today. I was bored and did nothing. Nothing useful at least.

So to sum it up: 2.3 liter water, 40 minutes cardio, and 1 snack. 

I don't know... not happy with the whole day. 

• Like 1

Isn't that what kittens do when bored?  Break things :)

• Like 2

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Hi, Ninjakitten!

I know how hard it is to change your eating habits. But something I learned: you do not need to starve! If you just eat a little, because you want to lose weight, your stomach will drive you crazy from hunger and you'll go back to the start. There are many kinds of foods that have too little calories to get troublesome, so you can eat them as much as you want. Some of them: green leaves, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, garlic, eggplant, cucumber, chayote, pepper, turnip, light gelatin, coffee, tea...

The secret is to eat lots of these things until they fill your stomach. I've been eating like this for a long time and I've been getting good results, while not feeling that much hungry.

For example, look at a meal I had another day:

lunch

A huge plate of salad, some meat and a few carbohydrates.
  • Like 3

Not bad at all! :D (Can you prepare meals for me? :lol: I'm lazy lately.)

I'm one of those idiots who know what to do... and then don't do it. (When it comes to food at least.) And I tend to overeat on high calorie healthy stuff, too. Like avocado. 

Today was quite decent. Still all excited about the fitbit thing. I'm lazy and now people can see it, I don't know if that's good. But a new toy - that part is awesome. 

No sports today, 2.6 liter of water (lots of coffee too) and two snacks. 

I didn't drop things either! (Yay!)

• Like 2

Not bad at all! :D (Can you prepare meals for me? :lol: I'm lazy lately.)

I'm one of those idiots who know what to do... and then don't do it. (When it comes to food at least.) And I tend to overeat on high calorie healthy stuff, too. Like avocado. 

Hey, if the problem is laziness... how about preparing simple things that can fill a stomach? For example, do you like gelatin? There are many kinds of gelatin that don't have any sugar or calories, so you can eat as much as you want, and they're really easy and simple to prepare. Also, have you ever tried these kinds of gelatin with natural peanut butter? It really fills your stomach! You can also try adding table cream (Nestle ones have zero carbohydrates) to make it different or to turn it into a yummy mousse (just add table cream and a zero calorie powdery juice).

• Like 2

Hey, if the problem is laziness... how about preparing simple things that can fill a stomach? For example, do you like gelatin? There are many kinds of gelatin that don't have any sugar or calories, so you can eat as much as you want, and they're really easy and simple to prepare. Also, have you ever tried these kinds of gelatin with natural peanut butter? It really fills your stomach! You can also try adding table cream (Nestle ones have zero carbohydrates) to make it different or to turn it into a yummy mousse (just add table cream and a zero calorie powdery juice).

Hm, I might try this! Thanks. :) Today actually worked quite well though, I think that I finally drink enough helps a lot with feeling less hungry as well.

(Peanut butter gelatin? Never heard of that one, but it sounds amazing!) 

You're still keeping it up over the break! Great job!

THANKS! :D I cannot wait to see your new challenge! You rocked the last one, I'm sure it will be brilliant this time as well. 

Summary for the day: 2.3 liter of water (and lots of coffee, oops); 40 minutes cardio - I don't know, I was in the mood for cardio, but it happens rarely enough so I thought I might use the opportunity; 2 snacks. 

I also tried out some of the new goals: painted (this times side quest), managed a bit over 10,000 steps, and tracked my food (a bit over 1200 calories), my goal is around 1400, but I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to eat - except for a whole bag of cookies maybe. So I didn't. 

• Like 1

1200 Kcal is very good.

What do you eat?

Hm depends on how much you need I guess? I usually aim for around 1400. 

I can write down what I some day last week as an example, but I did eat a lot of rubbish too. (I usually do aim to also eat healthy mostly, but I do fail on a regular basis because ... cookies and cake.) Also still tons of carbs. So I'm really not a great example food-wise.

Breakfast: 

2 pieces of toast, cranberry jelly (i made myself), tomato bruschetta spread (homemade too), milk (for my coffee)

Lunch: 

whole-whea pita, yoghurt, boiled ham, sriracha chili sauce, salad, tomato

Dinner: 

grean-leaf salad, balsamic vinaigrette, a small(ish) steak

Snacks: 

an apple, a cookie and I tracked more milk (2x) for my coffee. 

That's it really. And everything measured so it fits into the calorie budget.