Captain's Log - Traversing the Sea of Life

Ahoy!

This is my battle log. And hopefully I'll be able to keep track of my food as well as my own workouts. (I'm doing 1/2... Now to do 2/2!) This is going to be important to me since I'm now going back home and I'll have to learn how to cook finally! My dad's been pushing for me to learn for quite some time now and now I have a real good reason to do so!

Anyway, a bit about me. I'm an aspiring computer engineer, who loves to play video games and watch anime in my spare time. I just recently accepted an ROTP program in the Royal Canadian Navy (something similar to ROTC, Canada style), so I'll be finishing school first before heading off to serve for my country. It wasn't until two months ago I decided to pull my head out of a hole and start directing my life into something better. Hopefully this log will help me remind myself of all the struggles I am going through to become a better me.

I was also overweight, borderline obese in the last few years. I thought this was normal, especially since most of my family are obese (or overweight). I'm going to change that and I'll be a better person for it.

My Challenge Log:

Challenge 1

Challenge 2

Here's my progress photos since the completion of my first challenge here:

http://imgur.com/a/SAven

I'll be hopefully adding on as the time goes on! I'll make sure to give myself a photo every start of the month and uploading it to the album there! I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

• Like 1

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa

July 19, 2015.

I just finished my first round of duty today. It's basically patrolling the base. Lots of walking around. No biggie. I'm following the Leangains 16/4 intermittent fasting plan, so I had my dinner at 5:30. No other meals.

Today's meal consists of:

A full breast of chicken

A cup of baked veggies.

1 1/2 cup (I'm guessing. I took a big clumpful) of spinach, a spoon cucumbers and four cherry tomatoes.

A cup of grapes.

Two glasses of water

I finished everything but the grapes. I was getting full, but I was also in a rush to finish eating; I had to replace the other guy at the gate so he can eat. (I ended up not having to, but ok.) I found myself snacking on a cookie though (D: BAD ME. ;-; ) and two oranges. I think it's because I haven't curbed my sugar craving with the grapes. I also started drinking lots of water to try to alleviate that; it was SUPER HOT today. I went at least for 3 walks lasting for half an hour each on patrol. I don't think it'll be too bad, I'm still at a calorie deficit for eating one meal and a cookie. I was so glad that when my replacements came over, they hid the box of cookies. THANK GOD. I DON'T WANT TO BE TEMPTED AGAIN! ;-;

I'll be up again at 4 in the morning. Welp.

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

Just dropping by to say hello! I'm also from Canada but I study computer science.

I also find junk food really tempting. The temperature has been so hot lately I drink soda more often than I would like to...

I know the feels. D: It's really dry, but I know better and start upping my uptake on water. I still go nuts on some of the cravings though. My guilty pleasures are beer, chocolate and ice cream.

Anyway, I'll be editing this post with my full log as well.

July 20, 2015.

I felt a lot better after sleeping after my shift today. @.@ Gonna head out in a bit to workout, so I'll post my numbers. I'll be switching the order of my workout than doing as usual: Deadlifts first, then OHPs then Bodyweight squats. I've decided to do bodyweight squats right against the wall so I can learn proper squatting technique. Hopefully it'll pass over once I start using the bar again.

Today's lunch:

3 ounces of maple-coated salmon

1 1/2 cup of Spinach,cucumbers and baby tomatoes (2:1:0.5? for the ratio? Sure.)

1 cup of cheese-covered cauliflower (Cheese != paleo, I know. I wanted to see how my tummy handles cheese... but then again I've been eating ice cream before. At least I know it's safe to reintroduce once I am satisfied with my BF %.)

0.5 cup of brussel sprouts (Guy at the counter gave me half of what I wanted... But then again I didn't finish. :x)

EDIT: New stuff:

Workout:

Deadlifts - I felt a pinch in my spine while doing warmup sets. I have to stop. I'm gonna lay off doing deadlifts until I get my back checked. Fortunately I have a friend who can help me out on this. She suggested that I do bridges in the meantime.

OHP - I've finally been able to hit 50 lbs! YAY! My sets as of right now: 5, 3, 2. I'm gonna work until I can hit 5 on all three sets!

Squats - 3 sets of 20, making friends with the wall and hands behind my head. I'm still not comfortable doing them against the wall. Looks like I'll be staying in this position until I figure it out.

Dinner:

One 3 oz slab of meatloaf

A cup of peas and carrots

A cup of Grean Beans (Peas and green beans are borderline paleo though...)

A cup of leafy spinach

An orange

2 glasses of water

Pretty much my day. I was just super sad about not being able to do deadlifts though :(

July 21, 2015.

Last day in Victoria. I'm super excited, I'm going back home to Winnipeg (today!)! I'm ALMOST done packing. I can't sleep.

I celebrated my last day here by getting a full pound of pulled pork for my only meal. Clearly paleo. However, I also go 2 sodas, an ice cream float and an ice cream sandwich (most of which were craft root beer (Phillips Root Beer and the ice cream sandwich was locally made (+1!) while Boylan's soda wasn't.)).

I'm pretty sure I shot over my calories, but today, once I wake up from my airplane stupor, I'm hitting the gym! It's back to business as usual!

July 23, 2015.

... I didn't made it to the gym yesterday. It turns out I was too tired from the flight. I walked my two dogs (not much challenging than i thought, they loved to pull at times but they were behaving) and talked to my Granny. She wanted me to go home and rest when she noticed that I was falling asleep as we were chatting.

I only had KFC Chicken for dinner.

Today, was much better though. At least I ate more this time... I also worked out.

Today's light lunch(snack): 3 Bananas

First meal: 3/4 large plate of Spare ribs (with mixed veggies)

Second Meal: 1 lbs of Chicken wings

Yeah, I need to start making my own meals rather than going out, although these two times were with friends. That cost me a lot of money. I did go to the gym though:

Numbers:

Wall Squats - 3 sets of 20 with hands behind my head... Still not comfortable and still kissing the wall, but I think I'm ready for the broomstick now.

Bench Presses - 5 x 70, 4 x 70, 4 x 70

Bridges - 10 x 25 (3 sets)

Back is still stiff, especially when I try to stretch it. :< My friend is actually interested in trying paleo out now! I think the fact that I told her I actually lost 15 lbs in the first month of dedicating myself to it actually convinced her! Yay!

July 24, 2015.

Derp, I'm falling back and forth from recording this. Woops.

I didn't do anything today, the only thing I ate was leftovers from Thursday.