Spookyfoot travels around Ooo and finds her inner Fionna/Finn

spooky

Words to live by :

QPsDWWe.png

Inspired by the always awesome Shaarawy I am reformatting my quest by character. I think it will make a bit more sense this way. Also some of these are more like daily guidelines. Still figuring out how to make them actionable. Grading is on a do/do not basis. 

Quest: Finn/Fionna—think less, do more! 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Finn and Fionna are heroes who know who they are and what they want out of life. They avoid mental gymnastics. I strive to emulate their straight forward attitude and ability to deal with REAL problems. 

“ I don't need to feel like I'm waiting to be noticed. I know who I am and I'll know what I want if and when it ever comes along.†-Fionna, "Fionna and Cake"

“I’m all about stupid!†-Finn, "The Real You"

giphy.gif

-Actionable step: Go for a morning walk, connect with my physical self

-Goal: Stay in the moment, don’t overthink things. 

Actionable Step: Believe in myself because I am awesome! Decide at the beginning of every day, in writing, that it will be a good day and that I choose to believe in myself

-Actionable Step: Weight training 2x a week, Pilates 2x a week, 1 rest day 

giphy.gif

Quest: LSP—Love myself

LSP is awesome. She is full of self confidence and sass. 

giphy.gif

• Goal: no physical or mental picking

• Goal: using food as self love but in a positive healthy way.  showing myself I care about myself by making good food choicesgiphy.gif

• what this means:

• 3 meals a day/ no snacking 
  • primal/low carb (50-100 grams a day)
  • one salad a day (visiting veggie village)
  • food is fuel (no emotional eating) 
  • 3 cheat meals per week (thanks Snarkyfishguts for the inspiration)
  • Savor my food- eat mindfully
  • happy cooking time!

giphy.gif

Quest: Magic Man— some people are just jerks!

giphy.gif

For those who don't watch the show, Magic Man is a magic dude (well, duh) who is a huge jerk. In his first episode on the show teaches Finn that some people are just jerks. Then in a later episode it's revealed he was banished to Ooo because he "used to be cool" until the love of his life died and he become a bitter jerk who turned all of the water on Mars into hair (and when the Martians tried to drink it they went bald). (yes I watch this show way too much because I wrote that whole paragraph from memory)

ANYWAYS, he could have come back to Mars "If you had just learned to care about living things again," but "Instead, you bummed around Ooo, acting like a jerk for 200 years." 

Goal: Accept that some people are just jerks and don’t let it bother me because I am awesome! And it is good that I care about other people(but not necessarily their opinions).

Actionable steps: Practice letting go at any opportunity. Get mad? Let go. Accept what is. 

Quest: Marceline- Creative Outlet

Marceline is a killer musician (heh) and I've always wanted to do music. I've sung for a long time but have always been too afraid of people judging my voice of my music. This is me taking back my creative space. 

giphy.gif

• Goal: Having a creative outlet. Balance the sad and the happy and create awesome art! 
  • Actionable Steps: This one is easier to measure because I have to do ONE creative thing per day. Doesn't matter how long or how much, just do SOMETHING. Write a sentence, practice guitar for one minute, paint, draw, ANYTHING. Try to get immersed in creating, let go of judgment and have fun!

Quest: Jake the Dog- Eliminating Desire

Jake is pretty much always relaxed and goes with the flow. During my first challenge I experienced this type of zen and it was amazing. I would like to get back to that place. I know I can. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

“What are you doing?†

“Eliminating desire from my heart, it helps pass the time†-Finn and Jake, “Marceline’s Closetâ€

giphy.gif

“Sucking at something is the first step towards being sort of good at something†-Jake, “His Heroâ€

“Listen to your melon heart!† -Jake, “The Towerâ€

giphy.gif

Goal:The Jake quest is about trusting my intuition, continuing with meditation, and letting myself be in the moment. Being okay with my journey as it happens. Letting go of trying to control everything and just being

giphy.gif

Goal: Each day is an experiment, approach the day without judgement or emotional baggage

​Actionable Steps:Daily meditation sessions, Daily journal using 2 hour blocks system. 

Actionable Steps: Have Fun!!giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Quest: Ice King - Embracing Sadness

Ice King is probably the saddest character on Adventure Time. He is a portrait of depression and anxiety. I would like to try embracing the difficult parts of myself and feel comfortable with them. 

giphy.gif

â€œThat's right. M.M.S. Runs through all magic users.I hung out with scores of them, all displaying varying degrees of magic… Madness... And sadness. Studying these symptoms could lead me to their underlying cause, and then I'll control the forces that hold sway over Simon.†-Betty, “You Forgot Your Floatiesâ€

Goal: Embracing the sad. I want to embrace sadness that passes or even embrace my depression as a part of me and not try to “fix†being sad but just to let myself BE sad. This is not an everyday thing, this is only when sadness occurs naturally. 

Actionable steps: Really feeling sad when it naturally arises

MORE GIFS: 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 11

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Head Flip Bitch (Team French Toast)

"A jug fills drop by drop" -Buddha

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(old) Battle Log

Accountabilibuddies: Doodlies

Embrace the Suck

Maintenance goals: 

• Meditation daily
  • Gratitude
  • Daily Inspiration
  • Water
  • No Smoking
  • Reading
  • Shower
  • Calorie tracking
  • Like 2

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Battle Log

(old) Battle Log

Embrace the Suck

AHAHA we are total theme buddies this time around - AT is my theme too!!! WOO WOOOOO!! ♡ I have some tweaking to do, but mine will be up tomorrow!

Love yourself each day, like LSP! I love it! XD

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

AHAHA we are total theme buddies this time around - AT is my theme too!!! WOO WOOOOO!! ♡ I have some tweaking to do, but mine will be up tomorrow!

Love yourself each day, like LSP! I love it! XD

YES THEME BUDDYS!!!!! So excited to be theme buddies and to see how you format your challenge <3 !!! 

LSP knows whats up  :D

• Like 1

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Battle Log

(old) Battle Log

Embrace the Suck

I'll be following from the start this time. Posting now so I can see your new posts show up under "My Content"

• Like 1

Level - 3               Race - Vampire               Class - Assassin

STR 6 | DEX 7 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 6

Weight loss ( Highest weight 224lb / Current weight 186.0lb / Goal weight 175lb )

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

Previous challenges = 2 , 1

Following along again!

Yay! Happy to have you along for the ride! :D

I'll be following from the start this time. Posting now so I can see your new posts show up under "My Content"

Yay! Happy to have you here! :D

I came for the Daily Inspiration, and I'm staying for the Adventure Time!

<3 LSP.

YES! Daily Inspiration and Adventure Time for the win! :D

LSP is a self-love goddess <3

Oh, exciting! :) Cannot wait for this to start! (Although this means no week 0 for me.) Great theme, too. :D

I'm excited for it to start too (or maybe just happy the last challenge is over)! Yes Adventure Time for the win!! :D

Following. 

(following you is easy, keeping up is very, very difficult. :) )

Yay! Happy you're here! Not going to lie, sometimes I have difficulty keeping up with me too (wait what?)  :tongue:

Following.

Looked up Adventure Time. Looks interesting.

Yay!  :D

Adventure time is awesome, I just love it (clearly)

Following for awesomeness! 

Yeahhhhhh deftona is here!!!  :D

• Like 2

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Battle Log

(old) Battle Log

Embrace the Suck

I will be retreating to my battle log for the break week so this challenge feels fresh and shiny come July 27th! 

• Like 3

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Battle Log

(old) Battle Log

Embrace the Suck

Hi Doodlie, following :)

Love your goals. Gives me inspiration for mine.

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Hi Doodlie, following :)

Love your goals. Gives me inspiration for mine.

Hello Doodlie! Thanks for following along! Glad my goals gave you some inspiration! I have a feeling I'll be looking at your goals and doing some inspired editing later  :D

I really like your exercise "now with more rest!" goals :-D Following! Looking forward to seeing your success unfold! No pressure or anything (SUCCESS UNFOLDING!)

Welcome! Happy to have you along for the ride :D Your comment made me giggle and I LOVE your Princess Bride theme :D

Following! I'm looking forward to seeing what positivity unwinds in this thread. :)

Yay! Happy to see you here! Positivity for the win :D

• Like 2

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Battle Log

(old) Battle Log

Embrace the Suck

I especially love the "no mental picking or physical picking" goal – that is something that everyone should aspire to, yet it seems so difficult to achieve!

Looking forward to seeing how this develops. :)

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

I especially love the "no mental picking or physical picking" goal – that is something that everyone should aspire to, yet it seems so difficult to achieve!

Looking forward to seeing how this develops. :)

Thank you! I think that is probably my hardest goal but the one that will get me the most results/happiness (isn't it always that way?). I decided on that goal about halfway through my last challenge when I realized the physical and mental picking were self sabotage. Happy to have you along for the ride  :D

• Like 1

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Battle Log

(old) Battle Log

Embrace the Suck

I am feeling pretty terrible right now I am copy pasta'ing from my battle log but I thought posting it here in a spoiler (because potentially triggering) would maybe get me more of the support I need right now 

Trigger warning: Ugh I just picked at an open emotional wound. Here it is. There was (is) this girl I went to high school with who was in the same friend group that I was always RIDICULOUSLY nice to and she didn't like (hated?) me. I really have no idea why. This has ALWAYS bugged me. I went out of my way to be ridiculously nice to her (like one year for her birthday I made her a dessert every day for a week because she was turning 16 and her mom didn't get her anything because she got a car) but she just was always subtly making me feel bad about myself (well I guess I let her) and not including me in things as a way of making me feel like I wasn't really part of our friendship group. I think I always knew that she didn't like me but I kept trying and being nice to her anyways because, well, self esteem issues. Which she obviously played on. I know I need to let go of the past because I can't change it and honestly she was kind of (more than kind of) an asshole for picking on my emotional insecurities. 

Anyways I went on the Facebook and the first thing I see is this article of her being interviewed about her art in Nylon and UGH IT JUST MAKES ME MAD AND SAD AND ANRGY. Like why did I have to even click that article knowing that it would make me feel bad. And in it she talks about people forcing happinees and optimism down girls throats and about embracing sadness and i'm like okay I can embrace being sad but that doesn't mean i should reject happinees or optimism if it works for me.

It was like she was judging me again through the computer. And its hard to see her being successful when I am still struggling just to get back to school. I mean I know I've come a long way (don't discount your own progress Sydney (my name btw)) but UGH. I am feeling frustrated and like I am not enough and sad and like she is questioning my life choices through the computer even though I KNOW being happy and calm works so much better for me. 

BLARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I am hoping writing this out and sharing it will help me. BLECHHHHHH. 

Also it is amazing how much my mood can swing. Seriously wondering if I'm bipolar (which is what my mom thinks but again so sick of relying on other people's opinions). 

It hard because I've always wanted to be a writer (and this girl, A, that's what she is also working on in addition to her "social media art" or whatever) and I have always felt like my art was fueled by my sadness. I really am confused about how to balance taking care of myself with what has fueled some of my best writing. SJDFA;WOEFNLSFOIWHEFON.

and then again I also know that one of the BEST stories I've ever written came from me letting go and just writing for myself. It is such a  hard balance embracing the sad part of myself, the part that want to compare myself to others, which I know is a useless endeavor because I have my own story and such but not letting that sadness rule me or define me. And clearly I was triggered a lot by this. That is why I got off of Facebook in the first place, because it was so easy (too easy) to compare myself to others which just makes me feel sad an frustrated. I want to feel motivated instead!!! Clearly I am struggling with this. 

Sorry for spamming up my thread with sadness. I am feeling dangerously close to wanting to disappear, which I my sad place where I don't actively want to kill myself but I just kind of wish i could wink out of existence. 

• Like 2

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Battle Log

(old) Battle Log

Embrace the Suck

Big hug from me. I can't say I've experienced the same situation but I've felt many of the same emotions you're describing (especially the comparing myself to others when it comes to being creative thing).

Please do let it all out. It's better than letting it fester inside... At least for me it is.

I'm around if you ever want to PM me for anything.

*hugs*

• Like 1

Saera Windrunner, Level 1 Centaur Adventurer

STR 1 | DEX 0 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Current Challenge ~ 1st Almost-Challenge

Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Accountabilibuddies!

Be like Batman:

29.05%
29.05%

Beware the Carb Monster: 

40%
40%

Saera vs. the Frying Pan: 

33.2%
33.2%

"For anyone stuck in that terrible place between 0 and 1."

"How bad do you want it?"

I am feeling pretty terrible right now I am copy pasta'ing from my battle log but I thought posting it here in a spoiler (because potentially triggering) would maybe get me more of the support I need right now 

Trigger warning: Ugh I just picked at an open emotional wound. Here it is. There was (is) this girl I went to high school with who was in the same friend group that I was always RIDICULOUSLY nice to and she didn't like (hated?) me. I really have no idea why. This has ALWAYS bugged me. I went out of my way to be ridiculously nice to her (like one year for her birthday I made her a dessert every day for a week because she was turning 16 and her mom didn't get her anything because she got a car) but she just was always subtly making me feel bad about myself (well I guess I let her) and not including me in things as a way of making me feel like I wasn't really part of our friendship group. I think I always knew that she didn't like me but I kept trying and being nice to her anyways because, well, self esteem issues. Which she obviously played on. I know I need to let go of the past because I can't change it and honestly she was kind of (more than kind of) an asshole for picking on my emotional insecurities. 

Anyways I went on the Facebook and the first thing I see is this article of her being interviewed about her art in Nylon and UGH IT JUST MAKES ME MAD AND SAD AND ANRGY. Like why did I have to even click that article knowing that it would make me feel bad. And in it she talks about people forcing happinees and optimism down girls throats and about embracing sadness and i'm like okay I can embrace being sad but that doesn't mean i should reject happinees or optimism if it works for me.

It was like she was judging me again through the computer. And its hard to see her being successful when I am still struggling just to get back to school. I mean I know I've come a long way (don't discount your own progress Sydney (my name btw)) but UGH. I am feeling frustrated and like I am not enough and sad and like she is questioning my life choices through the computer even though I KNOW being happy and calm works so much better for me. 

BLARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I am hoping writing this out and sharing it will help me. BLECHHHHHH. 

Also it is amazing how much my mood can swing. Seriously wondering if I'm bipolar (which is what my mom thinks but again so sick of relying on other people's opinions). 

It hard because I've always wanted to be a writer (and this girl, A, that's what she is also working on in addition to her "social media art" or whatever) and I have always felt like my art was fueled by my sadness. I really am confused about how to balance taking care of myself with what has fueled some of my best writing. SJDFA;WOEFNLSFOIWHEFON.

and then again I also know that one of the BEST stories I've ever written came from me letting go and just writing for myself. It is such a  hard balance embracing the sad part of myself, the part that want to compare myself to others, which I know is a useless endeavor because I have my own story and such but not letting that sadness rule me or define me. And clearly I was triggered a lot by this. That is why I got off of Facebook in the first place, because it was so easy (too easy) to compare myself to others which just makes me feel sad an frustrated. I want to feel motivated instead!!! Clearly I am struggling with this. 

Sorry for spamming up my thread with sadness. I am feeling dangerously close to wanting to disappear, which I my sad place where I don't actively want to kill myself but I just kind of wish i could wink out of existence. 

I've been there before. I can't stand people who bully and ignore people like that. I had a friend I met at art camp that I ran into at college years later. We both joined the same society (other colleges call them sororities, but my old one called them societies) and had a lot of the same friends. Every time I talked to her, she acted like I had the plague and unfriended me on FB. She got a degree in graphic design and I was forced to change majors since I wasn't "good enough." It sucks when someone gets your dream job and rubs it in your face.

But I have found/am learning that just because someone is being an obnoxious jerk about things doesn't mean it has to get you down. Find your happy place and don't let anyone push you off of it. If they do, climb your way back up to the top. Also, pick a song, verse, poem, or quote that you find encouraging and hang it up where you'll see it every day. Things like that help train your mind to be positive. And when all else fails, remember you have friends that care about you that have got your back.

*hugs*

white-and-red-kitten-hugging.jpg

• Like 6

Level 6 Druid

My Journey:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Battle Log Photo Album Character Twitter

Carry the sun inside you, and reach out for the dreams that guide you. You have everything you need to take you where you want to go. -Douglas Pagels

Big hug from me. I can't say I've experienced the same situation but I've felt many of the same emotions you're describing (especially the comparing myself to others when it comes to being creative thing).

Please do let it all out. It's better than letting it fester inside... At least for me it is.

I'm around if you ever want to PM me for anything.

*hugs*

Thank you so much for you lovely message, I really appreciate it. Comparing myself to others leads nowhere good, I know this yet I still do it. That is why no mental picking as part of this challenge. I can see it is much needed. 

I agree that letting it out is much better than letting it fester, I have done the festering thing and it didn't help at all. I really appreciate the PM offer too, and will keep it in mind when (not an if, I will get sad at some point) I feel this way again. Hugs right back to you!

• Like 1

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Battle Log

(old) Battle Log

Embrace the Suck