Catspaw's Head Is The Only Thing In Her Way

catspaw

Catspaw's Head Is The Only Thing In Her Way

thinking_kitteh.png

I need to do some letting go.  Slightly less "intense, 100% engaged Catspaw" who strives for perfection or will die trying, and slightly more "whatever, I'm on the right path and having a good time doing it" Catspaw.  Cuz sometimes that obsessive effort only makes you less likely to get there.

Relax about bulking

I'm partway through a bulk and just passed the number that always gets in my head: overweight on the BMI scale for my height -- which is, coincidentally, also the max weightlifting class line for women.  And though I actually care about neither scale, it always gets me a little cautious.  BUT I've done this cycle four times now, and the weight always comes off, and I'm happier and happier with each subsequent cycle.  I don't look overweight (photo from just now), so I need to juuust fucking deal and not let my head trip me up.

Relax about work

The biggest value that I can bring to my team is shared mission and purpose and an endless supply of optimistic energy.  Are we in a hole?  Yes.  Is the hole on fire?  Sure.  But freaking out about it is not gonna get us out of there any faster.

Relax about lifting

Just follow the program, adjust if you're having a great day or awful day, focus on the big picture and let everything else follow.

.... and with all that "relax" said, work hard, accomplish great things, be awesome.

You know.  The simple stuff.

• Like 2

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Here again, watching the awesomeness. :)

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Hay Lady Hay.

sorry for spamming! awwww fuck! :onthego:

*waves hands*

I see no spam here.

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

*me watches for the being awesome*

Bring a book.  It may be a while.... ;)

sits and waits for blah blah

Don't blink!  That won't be a while.  I should write a book of memoires called "blahblahblah".

Same again.

Hullooooo Jakkals!

giphy.gif

Sometimes you gotta catch and lick your foot.

And sometimes, if you're Nox, you gotta catch and lick my hand which is busy holding a ps4 controller.

And then the licks gradually turn into chewing.

And then the chewing gradually turns into an epic wrestling battle for the fate of the universe.

That's just kinda what happens sometimes.

Here again, watching the awesomeness. :)

Come enjoy my weather with me, Shu!

kitty pics!!!.....and being "overweight" while looking absolutely awesome! plus a solid plan....ha... subbed! :onthego:

Welcome, fearlesscreek!

After lurking for a while and stuff... subbed.

(I have to help it get to page 2 before the end of the day!)

Hahaha these things do not need "help".

Hay Lady Hay.

Miss you! Y WE NO IRL MEETING NE-MOAR?

• Like 1

H,g,h. I MISS YOUR FACE (VIRTUAL AND REAL). 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Miss you! Y WE NO IRL MEETING NE-MOAR?

I MISS YO FACE TOO.

And mainly because Japan ate all of my vacation time and moneys.  So I can't travel to visit Nerds guud.

Any chance you'll be working in Boston any time soon?

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

H,g,h. I MISS YOUR FACE (VIRTUAL AND REAL).

When are we gonna have a Hangouts virtual dinner party?

I MISS YO FACE TOO.

And mainly because Japan ate all of my vacation time and moneys.  So I can't travel to visit Nerds guud.

Any chance you'll be working in Boston any time soon?

Mmmmmmmm probably not until Q4. Very likely I'll be in NY sometime in the next couple of months though.

My manager came in early this morning (~7:30), and rather than being at the gym, I was at my desk playing a videogame.

Him: "Gym?"

Me: "I'm going this afternoon, I have an hour off then, and I'm almost done this game so I just wanted to finish it up."

Him: "Thank you!!  I am so psyched to see you skip going to the gym even once, to make the rest of us feel better."

A fine start to the challenge!  Okay, so first of all, don't freak out.  I'm not freaking out, so you don't freak out.  And secondly, keep in mind that I hate pity.  Pity is, like, the worst.

Alright, with those caveats out of the way... So there's a reasonably good chance that I have cancer.  Skin cancer, specifically, hopefully without spread elsewhere.  I'll know more in a week or two.  It sucks that the word "cancer" applies both to "yeah they're gonna have to remove an inch of my skin and I won't be able to lift weights for a few weeks while stitches heal and I'll bitch constantly about it" through to "there's a tumor in my brain and I'm gonna die in a few months".  This is the former.

"You're very calm about this," my doctor said today. "It's okay to go a grieving process."

That's silly.  First off, I've had worse.  My brain fucking broke in 2011.  And secondly, it's really not that big of a deal.  Sure, there are small odds that things are really bad and I just don't know it yet, but there are small odds that I'm gonna get hit by a car tomorrow and just don't know it yet.  And even if the very, very worst case odds hit, then I'll deal with it.  I deal with things.  This is what I do.

The IC finds my totally pragmatic, unemotional response to be very me , whatever that means.  "This is going to be one of those things where i'm the one who's freaked out and uncomfortable and you're going to be comforting me while you're getting surgery and shit."  Though he did point out to me that if I die, he's getting all my stuff and my apartment, which is why I <3 him.

Okay, so now, like, don't reply to this post with "omg I'm so sorry to hear that :(" or "you'll get through this!" because that goes without saying, without any doubt.  I am 0% freaked out.  Really.  I am however looking up photos of the incisions they make to cut out skin cancer, which I do not recommend that you do unless you are me and enjoy swimming in tons of cool information without regard to squeamishness.  I absolutely love how primitive of a solution it is.  I need to go catch up on episodes of Sawbones, a podcast about antiquated medical practices.

I'm more annoyed about the tactical implications (missing work one day, not being able to lift while stitches heal) than anything else.  Baz Luhrmann should have included those negative repercussions in his speech.  "Wear sunscreen or risk losing your gainz!"

I figured there'd already be strategizing about how you can best use your new cancer card to fuck with people.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

What does it say about me that my first reaction was "WHAT?! NO HYRULE?! That sucks!"

Right?!  I haven't told him yet.  Stitches'll be happening Wed morning and my #1 question will be how long until I can lift heavy things over my head. BETTER GET IN SOME GOOD WORKOUTS TODAY/TOMORROW/WED MORNING.

I figured there'd already be strategizing about how you can best use your new cancer card to fuck with people.

Yeah I was gonna start going around telling cancer jokes, but then realized that some people have serious cancer and so it's probably not funny. Well, maybe a little funny.

Doctor: I'm sorry, you have cancer and alzheimer's.

Patient: Well.... at least I don't have cancer.

• Like 1

My brother's comment when they removed his : "The doctor carved a steak from my chest and now my skin feels as if it is two sizes too small."

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

People here miss your face.  Please make sure the doctors don't cut it all off.

(Also found out my father had skin cancer a few months ago.  He also had the same "Meh, time to deal with it attitude" that you have.  Probably the best way to go about it, honestly.  But I've been told I'm an emotionless robot before, soooo... grains of salt.)

Right?!  I haven't told him yet.  Stitches'll be happening Wed morning and my #1 question will be how long until I can lift heavy things over my head. BETTER GET IN SOME GOOD WORKOUTS TODAY/TOMORROW/WED MORNING.

Yeah I was gonna start going around telling cancer jokes, but then realized that some people have serious cancer and so it's probably not funny. Well, maybe a little funny.

Doctor: I'm sorry, you have cancer and alzheimer's.

Patient: Well.... at least I don't have cancer.

Depends where the stitches are...

I had a friend who was missing part of a finger.  He had a lot of fun in a house full of small kids who slammed doors.  I'm sure they are still traumatized.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker