Spezzy's Everything Zen Challenge

spezzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps317u9Rhl0

Also could be called the spezzy calms down and relaxes challenge, but Catspaw already took that.

This is going to be simple, continuation of last challenge.

1) Lifting - get stronger. Hit PR's on 2's, 3's, and 5's.

• I wrote out programming. I need to follow it. No going off the plan.

2) Rehab - multipart:

• do my ACL rehab stuff. This is not an optional one.
  • BIKING to warm up. (this is part of ACL rehab) D:
  • Swimming and/or Yoga - 2-3x a week
  • Stretching / etc before bed and in the morning
  • Massage every other week at least
3) Diet - lean out.
  • I wrote out a diet plan. Follow it. No going off the plan.

4) Figure out why I'm not sleeping still.

Continue with:

• Electronics off 1hr before bed
  • Reading/ bath before bed every night
  • Try to figure out this meditation thing. Float tank maybe?
  • At least an hour every day for me doing something I want to do (reading, video games, writing, drawing, music... Etc)

5) Productivity

• Use pomodoro timer
  • Use headphones
  • Work at desk
  • Only able to check phone on breaks from working
6) Adulting
  • One adult task per day. No bundling all into one day.
7) Madi
  • Keep on working with her. We're making huge progress, but it's SLOW. Keep at it.

That's it! Not going to overcomplicate.

• Like 7
Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Zen is a good place to be. So is here so I shall.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Hit like for the using the word "Adulting."

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

ha, i like the adulting bit. totally will steal this later!!! :onthego:

My mom sent me ribbons last month for Adulting because I was having a hard time. (Seriously: https://instagram.com/p/3ZCfbHRoEZ/?taken-by=staciardison)

Zen is a good place to be. So is here so I shall.

:)

My current plan is very similar to your rehab plan. Trying to find the money for massages at least every other week to get me through the next couple of months of competition.

The (only) good thing about my ACL diagnosis is now they are a medical expense. Though my doctor thinks "being a powerlifter" should be a justifiable diagnosis for massage work.

Massage...maybe I should try that...  

STOLENZ!

give-it-to-me-gif.gif

Hit like for the using the word "Adulting."

tip to world: when you search for "adult gifs" you do not get "gifs about adulting".

• Like 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

tip to world: when you search for "adult gifs" you do not get "gifs about adulting".

Was this a surprise?  Apparently you expect better things from the internet than I do.

• Like 2

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

This came up when I searched "Adult cat gifs"

200.gif

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Was this a surprise?  Apparently you expect better things from the internet than I do.

I clearly was not thinking at all. :)

This came up when I searched "Adult cat gifs"

200.gif

This came up when I searched for Adult Cat Gifs: http://adultcatfinder.com/

I like the exploding light better.

I like this one:

3e4a57b0c70dd2b17a44f4164a650d08.gif

This came up when I searched for Adult Cat Gifs: http://adultcatfinder.com/

I have much to learn, you internet better than I do.

day 1 update before shutting computer off!

today's workout:

squat - 240 for 4 sets of 3 @ 9 (

)

bench - 155 for 5 sets of 2 at 8-8.5

safety bar squat - 148 for 4 sets of 5 at 8

Single leg hip thrusts

Ate almost my entire bucket of food. But nothing else.

Productivity - kept phone in other room during meetings, kept headphones on, super productive day.

Adulting: I put my laundry away

now off to read and stretch and (try to) sleep!

So both my sports med doctor and surgeon don't believe in partial tears.  If it's torn at all there's a really high probability it'll degenerate into a complete tear over time.  But that said, someone like you has a high chance of being able to function without an ACL given the activities you do and your base strength plus building up quads/glutes/hammies, etc. even more.  I'm sure you already know this, but posterior work is extra important for girls who are already more prone to ACL injuries.

Having been through the surgery on both knees (3 months out on the left), it's not a pleasant experience, but with my leg physiology I really had no other choice.  Here's hoping you can avoid it!

Checking in.

Regarding the ACL rehab, there was some discussion at the end of your last Challenge Thread.  I will assume that you are moving all of your discussion here.  You asked a question:

Sorry to hear about yours  :( Are you fully recovered?

The surgery was early in 2008, seven and half years ago.  I was released from rehab with my right leg weaker than my left leg.  (50% I think.)  They released me at that point because I was a grown person, not a competitive athlete.  I had full range of motion in both joints.

Regarding range of motion:  As far as I can tell, I have full range of motion.

Regarding feel:  It feels like there is a rubber band in my right knee.  From recent reading, this might be because the original ACL has nerves in it.

Regarding strength:  I am just learning to do pistol squats and tried them.  Set 1:  Left Pass / Right Fail.  Set 2:  Right Pass / Left Pass.  I do not know if this is a strength issue, coordination issue, confidence issue, or a combination.  Maybe I should do this more often.  Would a Pistol Squat Form Check Video be useful or helpful?

Two years ago, I had my first "Over 40 Pretending to be 25" injury.  I saw these concrete pillars and was tempted to do single-leg box jumps to the top.  The left side was perfect.  The right side missed by a very critical half inch x_x and I scraped my shin and worked very hard to hide it while walking around a historic park.

It might be very possible I compensate one side.

Regarding measurements:  I will have to check again.  There was an imbalance in the measurements for quite some time.  I am better off having somebody else do the measurements, for better consistency and lack of bias.

You probably have more useful tests and exercises.  I always learn something from your threads!

So based on the above, I would suspect that your standard says I never fully recovered, but I can still work towards a full recovery.

I also suspect that you will pursue a full recovery much more diligently than I did.  Back then, I was happy once I could run again.

It looks like you have made a decision and you are pursuing a direction, but does this help you at all?

One more thing I remember:  Getting this really complicated leg brace that I was supposed to use for athletic activities while recovering.  I never did figure out how to make it work and I have no idea where it is.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

So both my sports med doctor and surgeon don't believe in partial tears.  If it's torn at all there's a really high probability it'll degenerate into a complete tear over time.  But that said, someone like you has a high chance of being able to function without an ACL given the activities you do and your base strength plus building up quads/glutes/hammies, etc. even more.  I'm sure you already know this, but posterior work is extra important for girls who are already more prone to ACL injuries.

Having been through the surgery on both knees (3 months out on the left), it's not a pleasant experience, but with my leg physiology I really had no other choice.  Here's hoping you can avoid it!

Checking in.

Regarding the ACL rehab, there was some discussion at the end of your last Challenge Thread.  I will assume that you are moving all of your discussion here.  You asked a question:

So based on the above, I would suspect that your standard says I never fully recovered, but I can still work towards a full recovery.

I also suspect that you will pursue a full recovery much more diligently than I did.  Back then, I was happy once I could run again.

It looks like you have made a decision and you are pursuing a direction, but does this help you at all?

One more thing I remember:  Getting this really complicated leg brace that I was supposed to use for athletic activities while recovering.  I never did figure out how to make it work and I have no idea where it is.

Copying this from my last thread, because it's relevant to the above and moving discussion here :)

My doctor and I had a very long conversation discussing everything - and went over everything I do / could potentially want to do.  We tried movements. I've sent him videos of me lifting, and I'm seeing him weekly still - it's an ongoing conversation.

I've got a list of things I shouldn't do right now while I do my rehab work.  Long term I should probably not play competitive football or soccer - but I've never enjoyed either of those for even a second, so I'm good with that. But other than that, most movement restrictions are temporary while I help strengthen everything around it. 

I'm not in any pain, and have almost complete stability (I can do one legged poses in yoga fine  - and I've passed the lachman's test with flying colors from 5 different doctors, which is why it took so long to get an MRI.

If rehab and strengthening doesn't work and it bothers me, or I feel limited, I'll totally ask him about talking to a surgeon. But right now I don't feel limited by anything at all.

When I was a trainer in High School we had like 6 different girls on the Varsity Soccer team tear an ACL. In one season.  Hope yours stays healthy.

I can never turn off my brain long enough to do the whole mediation thing. I also blame that for the reason I don't read enough.

Adult GIFs might be more fun than Adult Cat GIFs. Jussayin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Subbing for the cat gifs, adult or otherwise.

I also love the food bucket idea.

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Copying this from my last thread, because it's relevant to the above and moving discussion here :)

My doctor and I had a very long conversation discussing everything - and went over everything I do / could potentially want to do.  We tried movements. I've sent him videos of me lifting, and I'm seeing him weekly still - it's an ongoing conversation.

I've got a list of things I shouldn't do right now while I do my rehab work.  Long term I should probably not play competitive football or soccer - but I've never enjoyed either of those for even a second, so I'm good with that. But other than that, most movement restrictions are temporary while I help strengthen everything around it. 

I'm not in any pain, and have almost complete stability (I can do one legged poses in yoga fine  - and I've passed the lachman's test with flying colors from 5 different doctors, which is why it took so long to get an MRI.

If rehab and strengthening doesn't work and it bothers me, or I feel limited, I'll totally ask him about talking to a surgeon. But right now I don't feel limited by anything at all.

Add basketball to that list :)

Yeah, it took forever for me to get an MRI (like 3 years) as well because I passed about a billion lachman's tests and any looseness they felt they attributed to my "baseline" - except my baseline was already broken.  I only realized there was a real problem when I kept trying to play high level rec basketball and things kept tweaking every three weeks or so.  I was completely stable in all movements except high speed pivoting, and the only thing that ever ached was long downhill hiking, which poles alleviated.

Adulting! 

The Incredible Kimmy Schmidt is ripe with adulting gifs. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12164-1425956694-26

also hi! 

Oh, and hit strawberry squatcake for guided meditation - I'm pretty sure she has an awesome resource.  I think. 

• Like 1

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!