Jakkals se tyd

Jakkals

It is still winter here, and it will be cold for another month, I deliberately kept things low key for the last two challenges, and as much as I want to explode and do awesome things I know me and winter do not play nicely together. So I am going to keep my head down for the next challenge and do small things.

I am not going to do a normal challenge, but are going to concentrate on time management and bookending my day properly. Playing around online before work like now is not a good thing.

Things to be adjusted and moved around during this before challenge week. 

Morning bookend

5:30 - Alarm and stand up

Let dogs out

Bathroom

Breakfast

1x2 smile

Website

Work

Do paperwork first.

Checklist:

Boundaries

Personnel

Timesheet

Machine check

Teatime

meditation

Noon

Work on knives

Lunch

Read for 10 minutes

1x2 smile

After Work

Get home, take Vonk for a walk

Spend some time doing stuff in the garden

Make bed and sort out bedroom

Shower

1x2 smile

Hands and grooming

Evening

Check email, respond and delete if needed.

Do typing practice

Codecadamy

Internet.

Write down what I want to do first.

1+1 One page open and one tab only.  

Evening bookend

Computer off at 9

Take Vonk for a walk

Clean stuff away

Take out clothes for tomorrow

Write in diary

Bed at 10

Read

Sleep

Sunday rest day.

• Like 5

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

What do you mean by boundaries on your checklist?

Part of my daily routine is to walk along the boundaries of the workshop's premises to see if the security is fine and everything looks ok. It doesn't take long and it gives some peace of mind. If I don't do it there are spots I do not see in weeks.

Very busy day today, I didn't get time for knives. (True, but bugger)

Things to add to my list. Exercise, Reaching out.

Suddenly I've got plans for Saturday.

1+1 is verrry, verrrry difficult.

• Like 2

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Here and looking forward to the challenge!

Want to see what you end up with on those knives...

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Subbed!  Also, writing down what you want to do online before you open the browser is BRILLIANT.  I may definitely need to steal that.

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Part of my daily routine is to walk along the boundaries of the workshop's premises to see if the security is fine and everything looks ok. It doesn't take long and it gives some peace of mind. If I don't do it there are spots I do not see in weeks.

Very busy day today, I didn't get time for knives. (True, but bugger)

Things to add to my list. Exercise, Reaching out.

Suddenly I've got plans for Saturday.

1+1 is verrry, verrrry difficult.

Speaking of stealing, I misinterpreted your explanation of the perimeter check and think it's an awesome idea to deal with invisible clutter.  Go around the space and specifically "see" what's there so it doesn't turn invisible.

I could not even imagine sitting down and just reading one webpage.  You're a trooper for managing it at all.

• Like 2

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Subbed!  Also, writing down what you want to do online before you open the browser is BRILLIANT.  I may definitely need to steal that.

It is a fabulous idea. I really should start doing it myself.

Took lots of walkies with the black dog today. Spend most of the afternoon trying not to cry and not always managing it. This evening ended up with much too much time playing freecell, which explains why I am sitting here in my work clothes at 10 o'clock at night.

Feel crap and tired.

Note: Add gratitude to my list.

Jupiter Dag 9

Started the grinding process. There are lots of debate under knifemakers if the hardening should be first and then the grinding or the other way around. I am doing the grinding first. I've got exactly one spare belt, and I do not want to use it on hardened steel.

So I started, tried a bit, got out the book , read a bit and restarted. Still a long way to go, hollow grinding is not part of my skills yet.

Time for today 1:30, total time 10:45

11745471_10153082805276589_2197949523482

11781849_10153082805261589_6096338156981

And since we were busy taking pictures. That jersey was comfortable when I weighed 120kg. It is very oversized now, and 20 years old.

11262280_10153082806851589_5978242191594

• Like 6

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

You look good. Your smiling practice is paying off.

Hear hear!

Hear Hear, Too! Mooi so Jakkals! I love those knives in the making. Hubby has a little kit that you have to set the angles for the cutting edges to sharpen, but of course he doesn't make knives like you do. The boys are asking for toy metal swords :nightmare: ... Sometime in the future, when they won't accidentally hurt each other I will have to come knocking on your door for hand-crafted weapons.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I just devoured your old thread and am looking forward to seeing where this one here is going. 

Is your checklist something you plan on doing every day, or is it more of a guideline?

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

11262280_10153082806851589_5978242191594

THIS.  This is fantastic!  As everyone has said, the smiling practice is really paying off.  And everyone needs a few comfy oversized sweaters!  Great to see the Wizard Blacksmith in his natural habitat...

• Like 2

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Will do a proper update tomorrow.  I woke up this morning at 3 feeling awful, and spend most of the day in bed. A slight headache but mostly fever. I did manage to have a decent sleep this afternoon, after taking Vonk for a walk. He was very patient today but half past two he came and sit on my chest and licked my face.

I've got the idea that yesterday's depression was a starter for today's illness.

• Like 2

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Stopped by to let you know - oh Wizardly, Warrior Blacksmith - that the Renaissance Rebels are back! Spread the word...

And I agree with everyone else. You have a great smile!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Feel better!  I hope Vonk takes good care of you :P

• Like 1

Sometime in the future, when they won't accidentally hurt each other I will have to come knocking on your door for hand-crafted weapons.

Child-proof swords. That will be some challenge. 

Is your checklist something you plan on doing every day, or is it more of a guideline?

I am already doing most of it every day, I am just trying to get some more stuff squeezed in. But ideally I want to do all of it every day. No rest for the wicked.

THIS.  This is fantastic!  As everyone has said, the smiling practice is really paying off.  And everyone needs a few comfy oversized sweaters!  Great to see the Wizard Blacksmith in his natural habitat.

I just need a good voice over narrator and we could make a documentary. 

- that the Renaissance Rebels are back! Spread the word...

Ooh nice. 

• Like 2

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

And I spend the whole day at work wishing I wasn't there. 

There are no pills for stupidity, this was because I had to. Things have to change, I just do not know how to change/implement things. It is on days like this that the loneliness is killing me.

I once watched a TED talk on business development, and the guy said that at workshops they had people count the words "I"  and "we" in the first few pages of Richard Branson's autobiography. And he never use the word "I".

Jupiter Dag 10

Some grinding late afternoon today. Things went really well, I was worried when I started, but I put on a new grinding belt. "Use abrasives as if someone else is paying for it."

This is a preliminary hollow grind on a 200mm wheel, 60# belt.

Ready now to start heat treatment.

Time today 30 minutes, total time 11:15

11760203_10153086628866589_4285427704843

And my mother had this cheap fish knife she picked up on the beach on holiday 10 years ago, and it's plastic handle finally broke, so I made a new handle. Rosewood with stainless and mosaic pins. Rough and quick on the machines, no fancy finishing.

11694774_10153086628921589_1581776643368

• Like 5

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Beautiful knives.

The only thing I know about owning a business is that I don't want the headaches. My previous X-ray job was with a small company and sometimes when I was on call boss would let sleep in his basement/office. He or his wife would have to sneak in in the middle of the night to restart the main server and all kinds of other stuff. How many people can say they saw their boss in his undies at 2 am? (in a non sexual way, thank you.) On the fun side, I scared the be-jeebers out of Mrs. boss one night when he hadn't told her I was there. The two of them got very little sleep.

Hope you get this figured out. Best of luck to you.

• Like 2