tumblr_inline_nphbvdsGGu1t4u97h_500.gif

Welcome friends. This is my new challenge.

Main Goal!

My ongoing quest to rid myself of extra, unwanted padding continues.

This quest will see me through the rest of my vacation, and my subsequent trip back home to Korea, where my job will start up again. Near the end should be a fairly stressful time, but I'm planning on being fairly in my habits by then.

I will complete my main goal through three quests.

Quest 1: Run 150 kilometers total

I'm hoping to increase my distance this challenge. In order to do this, I have set out a specific goal number. This also is a good way to keep track of the mileage on my brand-spankin-new running shoes. (DEX 2 | STA 3)

Quest 2: Paleo 80%

We all know we can't outrun our forks. To complete my main goal, I need to take more care with my diet. Going paleo has helped me so far lose 13 kgs. I have gained some of that back, but I know I can get it back off. (CHA 3) 

Quest 3: Wall-free headstand and handstand

This is more of a fun, supplementary challenge than something to work towards my main goal. It's a definite plus in that it forces me to practice my yoga habits more regularly. I like yoga but I find that I don't tend to work it in as much as I should. So, something to complete by the end of 6 weeks. Doesn't matter if it's for 2 seconds or 2 minutes, but I want to be away from the wall. (STR 2 | DEX 2)

In addition to these quests, I have

Life Quest: Complete my Korean vocabulary book

My Korean studies have been lacking in the past 6 months. Dreadful, actually. I'd like to learn it to make my life easier, to be able to help friends, and be more independent in my life, and not rely on others as much as I do. I'm currently in the process of making all of the flashcards. My vocabulary book is the 2000 Essential Korean Words for Beginners, and I plan to finish it by the end of this challenge. In order to do this, I must study everyday, without fail. This is extremely important.(WIS 3)

Bonus Quest: Sign up at local gym when returning to Korea

To keep improving my strength training, it's time to sign up for an actual gym once I return home. Luckily while I'm in the States I can use my mom's gym. (no points awarded)

My journey is about more than me. My goal is ultimately for me, but I am aware that I can pass on some good habits, or at least a good example, to my friends and family members. 

So, join me during this challenge and together we can conquer the world!!!

i__ll_conquer_the_world_by_soracilipi.jp

• Like 4

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout
STR: 7 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

Oh, hello, Crowley. Why, yes, I'll sub!

Good luck with your Paleo - if you have any good recipes, feel free to share!

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

I have got to drop this here ... just got to!

• Like 5

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36
Current Challenge : #37 Strickland5 Keep Working At It

Scout of the Week - Week 6 of Challenge #42
Social Links | instagram | twitter | Athlinks |

Today started off right with a trip to the gym. Did some back extensions, then for some reason decided not to continue strength training today. Did some intervals on a treadmill instead. I'm still recovering from ill-fitting shoe inserts, so took it easy through intervals. Went a bit slower than usual, too. Got 5.79 km done today, which I definitely feel great about starting the challenge with. 

I'm leaving my mom's tomorrow to visit friends, so diet is going to be something challenging and always on my mind. Getting some distance in is going to be difficult too. Not so much the "getting out and going running part," but the measuring accurately part. Plus meeting up with old friends inevitably leads to too many drinks. haha. I'm also quitting smoking (again, for the last time this time), and I'm worried about being around a lot of smokers, but I think I can do it. I'm determined to keep up.

If you followed my last challenge, you'll know I'm trying to rub off some of my good habits on my mom. Well, I'm taking her car on a road trip, so she won't be able to get out for takeout. She also can't get groceries, however. So, to make it up to her for lending me her car for the week, I've spent all day cooking meals for her so she won't have any trouble, nor starve to death. She's even agreed to try mushrooms again, which she hasn't eaten since she was a teenager. She swears she hates them, but I convinced her to try again. If she still hates them, then fine. She really hates them and I'll stop telling her they're the best.

Tomorrow will start with gym time again, and then some lunch with my sister. Then I'm hitting the road and getting out of my mom's for a while. I will really appreciate the break. I love my family, but I haven't spent this much time around them in years and years. It wears one down sometimes.

• Like 1

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

Great start!

Peer pressure, even if it's not on purpose, is really hard.

I stopped drinking a few years ago (it makes me really I'll even after one or two) but people often give you a hard time. I found the easiest thing to do was to get an alcoholic drink and just hold it, then next round ask for a soft drink because 'I was really thirsty' by then people don't notice and you can drink soft drinks all night. I went for months before people realised I wasn't drinking.

Have great time anyway!

So, sorry for no updates. As I said, I'd be travelling and visiting a bunch of people. 

Smoking: got totally K.O'ed. So, starting again. I can do this.

Running: Haven't done much of that while away visiting old friends and catching up. I should have, but I didn't. Time to get to moving!

Yoga: I'm getting better at headstands, which is good. Handstands are so impossible....must do more shoulder strength work.

Paleo: ugh....we're not even going there.

Vocabulary: Actually, doing pretty good on that one. haha. At least I did work on one of these things this last week.

• Like 2

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

Decided to get in a few kilometers this evening. Can definitely tell I took a week off to party and smoke. Booooo....

But I did it. And it's gonna be awesome tomorrow too. Plus, this roadtrip I'm taking with my mom the weekend is basically going to be a bunch of hiking. I'm looking forward to that. Probably not so much on the running front, though. 

Man, I swore that America wouldn't get to me and mess up my plan, but it totally is. Bugger.

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

Different cultures can really mess with you. I got completely culture shocked when I first got to Japan! Just remember it's an adventure!

I love hiking and if you're doing some steep stuff, it can build up some good strength to help you with your running later. Have fun!

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Jodaily.gif

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36
Current Challenge : #37 Strickland5 Keep Working At It

Scout of the Week - Week 6 of Challenge #42
Social Links | instagram | twitter | Athlinks |

Alien! One of my favorite lines, ever,

But Ares, what's going on? Is it that the challenge just blows chunks because we Americans can screw up anything?

Give us a sign you're okay, yo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I'm okay, but needing a serious respawn. Just got back home from America, though, so I should settle into my routine again soon. In order to rid myself of these excess kilos, I'm starting a whole30 September 1st. Need to get my food back on track and back to normal! 

I'm going for a run tomorrow, when I'm hopefully not jetlagged. I've had something like 4 hours of sleep the past 48. 

In other news. I got a Garmin Forerunner 225 and I love it!

• Like 1

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4