• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Briniel

Up for round two - Briniel joins the Adventurers

Thank you! My fridy was alright, I was at work almost all day and not in the mood to do lots of anything afterwards. So I spend a little bit of time playing Catan online, went to see my friends (one of them is leaving for south-america soon so we had a little get-together) and then did my daily yoga stretches afterwards because I had been too lazy to do them before ;) So I didn't do much but I expected that, I never have much energy on work days (I have no idea how I'd manage with a 40h-job O_o ).

Week 5 Day 5

run for it! nope.

more power! nope.

daily yoga! yes!

more yoga! nope.

stay healthy! yes! No problem on that front, although I was tempted by the drinks and food in the evening. But I decided to have water which the waiter somehow forgot about ;)

3 a day! Read for fun on the way to work, for work on the way from work and played with the cats in the evening. All good.

work side quest! Nope.

Plans for today: sleep in and have lots of fruit for breakfast (check!). Do a bodyweight workout, yoga stretches and a yoga video. Get some household chores done, do some light reading and practice singing for my lesson on Tuesday. Do at least 2 hours of office work, preferably more. Go to a sports/welcome event for refugees and help with entertaining the kids, probably doing face painting (hey, this should definitely count as "draw something" for my 3-a-day-quest right? ;) ). Enjoy the beautiful day :D

Go to a sports/welcome event for refugees and help with entertaining the kids, probably doing face painting (hey, this should definitely count as "draw something" for my 3-a-day-quest right? ;) ). Enjoy the beautiful day :D

That sounds cool  :) I think face painting definitely counts for drawing something.

There was no face painting :( They told me to get there whenever I had time but not that the face painting was going to close at 6pm. When I got there, some were already packing up and there wasn't much left to do. So I got a henna tattoo instead :D Apart from that and the singing practice (which I substituted by playing with the cats which is more neighbour-friendly at 10pm) everything went as planned.

Week 5 Day 6

run for it! nope.

more power! yes!

daily yoga! yes!

more yoga! yes!

stay healthy! yes! Though it was a close call with the water, since I forgot to put it in front of me at all times *sigh*

3 a day! Reading for fun, enjoying the summer (the trip to the event and back took about 45 minutes total and definitely counts), playing with the cats

work side quest! 2 hours. Very productive 2 hours :)

Plan for today: I got up too late to go for a run (the sun is out and it's getting way too warm) so I'll do that tomorrow. Or maaaaybe this evening after the concert I plan on going to. We'll see. Apart from that, my to-do list has that singing practice on it, some household chores, some tax stuff and taking some of our way too many towels to donate to refugees (they expect another 200 people to move into the new place in town and asked for donations. Bonus: now all my towels fit into one row in the closet and I don't have to stack them behind each other anymore :D ). I will probably do some reading in bed (this has become a nice habit already) and maybe some for work to prepare for my first day at the new job on Thursday. I might do some office work or do some more enjoying-the-summer but I'm not sure about that yet ;)

• Like 2

Week 5 Day 7

We had 35° C outside (95° F) so I was not in the mood to do much sport. I got up too late for my run, it was already too warm outside, so I stayed inside, did some chores, practiced singing, did my tax stuff, put my feet into a bucket of cold water and played Settlers of Catan online. In the evening I donated some towels to the refuugee-center and went to a living-room-concert of some members of a jazzchoir from my town. It was soooo beautiful. There were several different singers, two paino players and one guitar player and they took turns making the most wonderful music (yes, I did cry once). I'm so glad I went. I had planned to go running in the evening instead of my morning run but by the time I got home it was already dark and I don't have a lamp. I do have excuses, however ;) I went to bed and did some reading, but it wasn't until the lights were out that I realized I had forgotten to do yoga. I briefly considered getting up again to do my stretches but I was already half-asleep. Now I kinda wish I had, since that one round of missed yoga-stretches ruined tainted an otherwise perfect week. Ah well, I have one more week to get these 100%. And even if I don't, I've still had a hell of a challenge :)

run for it! nope.

more power! nope.

daily yoga! nope :(

more yoga! nope.

stay healthy! yes! (I was considering making it a bonus day due to chocolate cravings, but I didn't. Yay for mini-wins :D )

3 a day! I did 4 of those

work side quest! nope, but it was a sunday, so I didn't have to do any.

Plan for today: I already did a 7am run with a friend of mine, who has a slightly faster pace than me and pushed me to run 6km in 45 minutes. I managed, even though my Kreislauf didn't like it. (I just learned that you can't really say that in english. There's no expression in which the circulatory system is referred to as an entitiy that can feel good or bad. You could say I felt a bit faint (and lay down with my legs up, so maybe a little more than a bit) but I like the german version much better. That way, I can blame my stupid Kreislauf for not keeping up with my running :D ). I will do yoga today (both the stretches and a video) and 2 or more hours of office work. I will practice my singing and prepare for Thursday. I will probably go grocery shopping and cook something and definitely play cards with friends in the evening. I will also bring the tax stuff to the post office. If I have lots of time I will do some laundry and start sorting through the mess at my desk, but that's a bonus. Busy day for a start into a busy week. It's the last week of the challenge, folks! :D

• Like 1

Week 6 (woot!) Day 1

It's still warm, but I manage better today. As I said, there was a 6k morning run with a friend of mine, doing the laundry and dish washer, singing practice and yoga (but no preparation for Thursday yet), grocery shopping and cooking (making salad counts, right?) and 2 hours of office work. I'll go to play cards now and take the tax stuff with me, so that's all settled, too. It was a very successfull first day and I really really want to rock it to 100% this time.

run for it! yes!

more power! nope, will do tomorrow

daily yoga! yes!

more yoga! yes!

stay healthy! yes! (I ate very little today and it was all save. I made up for the meager eating by drinking 3 liters ;) )

3 a day! again, I did 4 of those

work side quest! 2 hours logged. I can't seem to get further than that but with my new-found speed (thanks to some excel-magic) I don't really mind.

Plans for tomorrow: I won't have to work tomorrow so there'll be plenty of time for a workout and yoga. I will get up early to get this done before the heat hits. I will prepare for work on Thursday (for realz this time) and practice my singing a bit more (I have a concert with the choir coming up on saturday). I will also clean up my desk (again, for realz). If I stick to that and get my yoga and office hours in, I think I'll have a very productive day ;) (note to self: don't put more on your plate than you can chew. This is plenty.)

• Like 2

Briniel! This has been such a great thread to read through, because you're doing amazingly!!!

What are your thoughts on the "30 days" yoga videos? They look interesting. I might have to include them in a future challenge!

Also, thanks for helping the refugee community there - the more welcomed they feel, the better!

Yay running with friends and going a bit faster! :D

I know! We're running again tomorrow morning, so more yays! :D

Briniel! This has been such a great thread to read through, because you're doing amazingly!!!

What are your thoughts on the "30 days" yoga videos? They look interesting. I might have to include them in a future challenge!

Also, thanks for helping the refugee community there - the more welcomed they feel, the better!

Your comment makes me happy, I sometimes feel like I don't write interestingly or eloquently enough (not being native and all). So thank you!

The 30days with Adriene videos are nice! I like her energy and positive mindset and the poses are challenging, but manageable. She also often offers ways to adjust a pose (up or down) and reminds us not to worry if we aren't flexible enough (yet) for some of them. I don't have a comparison because her's are the only videos I've looked at (well, and the NF yoga wrist mobility one, but I don't feel like that counts ;) ), but I'd definitely give it a try if I were you :)

I'm sad I couldn't join the facepainting, I would have really liked that, but there's be other opportunities to help. I'm thinking of getting together with friends and visiting the refugee playce to make some music together but I haven't formulated any real plans yet. It's weird, even though I do lots of stuff quest-wise I also feel like I have more energy to be politically active. Or maybe it's that I feel like I have the rest of my life under control, so I can "afford" to spend time on that kind of stuff? I don't know.

Week 6 Day 2

It started raining last night and only stopped in the late afternoon. So I opened all the windows to let the cool air float in and had a nice, relaxed morning. I did everything I planned for this morning (although my workout was a bit later in the morning, but that's okay; the desk is also only half-tidy, there's just too much of a mess to clean up in one sitting) and also added another 20 push-ups for this weeks mini-quest. I've moved to 90+% in some of my goals, which feels great :D I won't get 100% with all of them (due to the sunburn incident and some forgetfullness) but I'll be close. I'll post a screenshot of my spreadsheet at the end of the challenge, if you care for it. I'll also take progress shots tomorrow (the 12-week mark) and depending on the outcome, might post them here, too... don't know yet.

run for it! nope, will do tomorrow

more power! yes! It also went really well, I think I'm over that hump that got me frustrated the last few times and back on track, even managed some personal records. *phew*

daily yoga! yes!

more yoga! yes!

stay healthy! yes! (I had some whole-grain-spaghetti with tomatos, feta cheese and pesto for lunch. nomnomnom)

3 a day! another 4 of those done. Seems to be the new habit ;)

work side quest! 2 hours logged.

I'm so tired now, but a good, warm kind of tired. I feel like going into corpse post for the rest of the evening :D

• Like 1

Ooooh, almost forgot, plans for tomorrow:

run in the morning and do yoga afterwards

get the rest of the desk and adjoining sideboards in order

prepare something delicious to take with me to work on thursday and friday (preferably something that also tastes good cold) ... any ideas?

read some more stuff to be prepared on thursday

2 more office hours, lots of pushups, healthy eating and one more thing from my 3-a-day list

... sounds like a busy day again :)

Oh wow, a busy day indeed. I like to take lentil salad to work (or chickpea salad with tomatoes, cilantro and cumin...). But I don't know how that works for several days. :( 

Hope it'll all work out great for you though. (And you can do ALL the things! :D)

Hope it'll all work out great for you though. (And you can do ALL the things! :D)

Apparently, I can't. Today was a crazy day, I went running in the morning and decided to take the circuit tour across the bridges. I posted about this on the 21st of July over at my woot post... there are several bridges around here and one of the tracks is 6,4km (about 4 miles) long. When we ran 6km on monday my running partner suggested to run the bridges track next time and I was like "yeah right, as if", but this morning I thought "why not?" and decided to try it (with the option to walk instead of run up the bridges). We were a little slower than monday (53 minutes for the whole circuit) but I wasn't exhausted at all. I guess I need to go faster next time. It was really nice, especially the view of the sunrise from the top of the bridges. I think I'll run this route from now on, it's much nicer than just going back and forth on the same track. Next target: run the other bridge-circuit across the southern bridge which is about 9km long :)

I did my yoga directly after the run this time and then 3 hours went by where I don't recall what I did. Suddenly, it was noon and I worked 2 hours on office stuff, then went shopping and did my cooking and then it was time for the open mic event I had wanted to go to. I wasn't half done with all my stuff (no cleaning up the desk area, no preparing for tomorrow) but I still went. Which was a mistake, because it was awful. Apparently, there's noone to check the quality of the acts and I literally cringed at times. I left early and will read up some more things on the train tomorrow (it's a 2 hour commute, so there'll be plenty of time). Luckily, I called some people today and did the cooking stuff, so I only have one thing left to do of my 3-a-day-quest which will be some light reading before bed. I also did lots of push-ups in between everything. I'll have to do lots more on the weekend to reach 200, but I think I'll manage.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to check on how you guys are doing, but right now there just don't seem to be enough hours in a day.

Week 6 Day 3

run for it! yes!

more power! nope, planned for saturday (or maaaaybe friday evening if I have energy left after work)

daily yoga! yes!

more yoga! yes!

stay healthy! yes!

3 a day! broke the speel and only did 3.

work side quest! 2 hours logged.

• Like 1

I dunno Brin, to me it sounds like you just did ALL the things, even though it was a crazy hectic day.

Thank you :) Maybe I'm too harsh with myself... it was a crazy day (where did half my morning go!?) and today wasn't much better.

Week 6 Day 4

Today was the first day of my new job, which went well, all in all. It was mostly similar to what I do at my regular job, just with more people at the same time ;) Buuut to get there on time I had to get up at 4.50am. Urgh. I object to getting up when the first digit is a 4 (or a 5, for that matter), but the commute took 2 hours so I didn't really have much choice. I got back home at 6pm so it's been a loooong day. I packed frittata and some weird couscous-chickpea-broccoli-raisin-feta-salad which was a bit dry but tasted nice. I even did some yoga in the evening but right in the middle of the 30-days-video my cat did something to the cables of my TV and the screen went black. I took this as a sign that I've done enough for the day and postponed the rest of the video for tomorrow ;)

run for it! nope

more power! nnope

daily yoga! yes!

more yoga! yes, well half of one, anyways

stay healthy! yes!

3 a day! nope. I did some reading for work on the way there, so that's one and I might do some light reading in bed, but I didn't aim for three with that kind of schedule (I reached my goal of doing 100 things for the challenge already, so I think I can allow myself a little slack ; )

work side quest! I did lots of work, but it wasn't the office kind. More of that on saturday.

I'm really tired now so it'll be another day of not checking any NF. Tomorrow is a regular work day and I have a badminton session cheduled in the evening, so I'm going to be very busy, too. I will do more yoga, though, but I won't make any plans apart from that. Oh, I also did 100/200 pushups for the weekly mini-quest already :) I think I'll actually make it, even though I'm not sure about doing one real push-up by the end of the week...

• Like 1

Wooooooo, sparklepoints!!! Love those, thanks :D

Week 6 Day 5

Another long day, I got back home from work (and a pretty emotionally draining last appointment) at 6pm and left at 6.40pm to go play badminton. I got back from that at 9pm, drenchend in sweat but happy and did my daily yoga stretches (a short, quick version, but I did them). I was not in the mood for a 30-days-video (not even half of one) but let my boyfriends brother take a look at my left knee instead which feels a bit wobbly during workouts and has been making weird noises when squatting. It's nothing serious but I'm supposed to work on my posture (damn you, flat feet!). Guess I have found another goal for next challenge ;)

run for it! nope

more power! nope

daily yoga! yes!

more yoga! nope

stay healthy! yes!

3 a day! nope. I didn't do any of these, I was just too tired.

work side quest! again, I did lots of work, but it wasn't the office kind.

Plan for tomorrow: sleep in, do a workout, practice my singing, call my grandma, read something for fun, do 1.5 30-days-of-yoga videos and my daily stretches, eat healthy, do 2 hours of office work, rock that jazz-choir concert. I think that's plenty ;)

• Like 1

Scenic running routes are always the best. Congrats on running it without getting exhausted.

Also, yeah, I think that generally Open Mic nights are open, so nobody checks the quality beforehand. This means that they can be hit or miss.

Scenic running routes are always the best. Congrats on running it without getting exhausted.

Also, yeah, I think that generally Open Mic nights are open, so nobody checks the quality beforehand. This means that they can be hit or miss.

Thanks! My usual running route has a nice view, too, but I liked that I have one continues track and don't have to turn and run back the same way again :) I'll go running again tomorrow morning, and I plan on being exhausted in the end ;)

God! Where do you find the energy to do ALL THAT? 

Thank you :D I don't know, I just try to do less stupid things. And since today's schedule is crazy again, I just wanted to hop in quickly and show you guys something...

LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED!!!

gallery_40695_1890_45266.jpg

I WEAR MY HAIR IN A BRAID NOW!!! :D This made me so happy! Do you see that biceps peaking out in the right picture? It's still shy but it's definitely there ;) I'll get back to being busy and making awesome stuff happen :D Two more days!!

• Like 6

You've changed a lot!! You are thinner, and your muscles are starting to build!! Wow!! Congratulations! That is a job well done! Keep it up!

Thank yoouuu!! I get so giddy looking at these pictures. I know I have changed, I see it on the scales, on my measurements, on the way my clothes fit, on people's reactions, but it's still different to see it with my own eyes. I'm so glad I found NF :)

Week 5 Day 6

Today was a busy day, but a good day. I slept late until 10am, read a little bit in bed, made breakfast (scrambled eggs on whole-grain-bread with ham), did my daily yoga stretches and the second half of yesterday's video, took my measuremtns and pictures and called my grandma to tell her about the first day at the new job. Then I left for choir rehearsals at 14.40, had a nice performance on a street festival (it was raining and although the stage had a roof, I got rained on... stupid wind) where, despite the bad weather, we managed to draw quite the crowd (200 people maybe?) and advertise our real concert in october. When I got back home I did 2 hours of office work and took a break every 50 entries to do 5 push-ups. I think I'll stick to that combination, it's quite effective - the count is 170/200 :) I still want to do an additional yoga video today so that there's only one more left to do tomorrow :)

run for it! nope, scheduled for tomorrow at 7am, with the running buddy again :)

more power! yes, last one!

daily yoga! yes!

more yoga! 0,7/1,5

stay healthy! yes! I still need to drink about 0,5 liters, but that's manageable

3 a day! Read for fun in the morning, called my grandma and practiced my singing, so that's three :)

work side quest! 2 hours logged. Which means I completed my challenge and can spend half of the money earned on lingerie awesome things!!

Plan for tomorrow: run in the morning, stay healthy, do my yoga (stretches and video), do 3 things of the 3-a-day-list. That's it. I'm done. Pheeewww....

• Like 1