Snarkyfishguts : We're Having an Adventure

I think it helps that I've been sick. Not cancer sick, but I had all the tests he had yesterday, so I could mentally prep him for it. He got an IV and I could tell him what the injection felt like for the test. So I feel useful because I can take away the scariness of some of that unknown. I can prevent some shocking moments of "oh crap, this is really happening" and prepare him for the ones that are going to happen.

At some point though, this is going to hit me like a ton of bricks. Probably a few weeks after everything is fine. :)  But that's why this challenge is important to me. It's important for me to keep up with this positive mindset that our group has and to focus on wellness and health. Usually I eat my way through stuff like this, and my dad is really concern about the impact this is going to have on our goals, so if I can show him "Hey, I'm eating well and exercising!" he'll relax and be able to recover without worrying about us. 

And on a selfish level, I feel like this giant "NEXT" sign is hanging over my head. I want to really take charge of my health so if I get cancer at some point, I'm healthy enough that I have a really good recovery rate. At least minimize my risk for cancer. 

Thanks for the virtual hugs, and just the acknowledgment that it sucks. I found so much comfort in that. Its' simple, it's honest,and I thought "Yeah.. It DOES suck, thank you for recognizing that!" :) So yeah. :) You're awesome. Thanks Spooky

It's great that you're able to utilize your sucky sickness experience to help your dad through this tough time. And it's so sweet that he's concerned about your goals too. He sounds like a great father. It's super cool too that both of your goal (his recovery and your health) can complement each other. Way to make the best of a tough situation. 

I don't think it's selfish at all for you to want to take care of yourself. Events like this are usually triggers to re-evaluate of life choices. This is honestly (IMHO) one of the most positive ways you could react to a sucky situation. 

You're so so so welcome <3 <3 <3. I'm glad that acknowledgement that it sucks helped, because you have every right to be upset about this. and acknowledging that suckiness is important. But you should also be proud of how you're dealing with the situation: with grace, and compassion and humor. 

YOU are awesome, my friend <3. Much love and many hugs <3

• Like 3

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Head Flip Bitch (Team French Toast)

"A jug fills drop by drop" -Buddha

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(old) Battle Log

Accountabilibuddies: Doodlies

Embrace the Suck

I am moved by such kindness that you all have shared with me!

I'm really so sorry to hear about your dad.  :( I can't begin to imagine what you must be going through.  :dejection:

The fact that you are participating in the next challenge and not losing yourself to the situation is truly phenomenal. I'll be sending positive thoughts and energy your way.  :love_heart:

Thank you for the positive thoughts and energy! I really appreciate it. Right now, we're all in a period of waiting for the phone call with the scan results, which should be tomorrow. I'm at the point where I'm sleep deprived and starting to doubt the reality of this like. "What? He looks fine. He's fine. Just eat some cake. Everything is fine." 

It's great that you're able to utilize your sucky sickness experience to help your dad through this tough time. And it's so sweet that he's concerned about your goals too. He sounds like a great father. It's super cool too that both of your goal (his recovery and your health) can complement each other. Way to make the best of a tough situation. 

I don't think it's selfish at all for you to want to take care of yourself. Events like this are usually triggers to re-evaluate of life choices. This is honestly (IMHO) one of the most positive ways you could react to a sucky situation. 

You're so so so welcome <3 <3 <3. I'm glad that acknowledgement that it sucks helped, because you have every right to be upset about this. and acknowledging that suckiness is important. But you should also be proud of how you're dealing with the situation: with grace, and compassion and humor. 

YOU are awesome, my friend <3. Much love and many hugs <3

<3

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you get good news from the tests. Stay optimistic. Positive thoughts can't hurt and maybe they'll help. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Be sure to let us know when you know something.

Hopefully tomorrow!! :D Thank you for the kind thoughts!!

• Like 3

Last post for this challenge thread:

We got the phone call today, and it's good news! There is no additional cancer, just traces where they removed the polyp. So Dad will need to have a resection, but the location is placed so that it'll be a pretty simple case without complications. He meets the surgeon tomorrow, and he knows her from a previous surgery so we have a lot of confidence in her ability and his recovery.

This is really GREAT news. He should be cancer free after this surgery!

Today was the day I lost my level headedness. :) After we got the good news, I was just a MESS, letting go of all that emotion that had been storing up inside of me. But two stiff drinks later, I'm feeling relaxed and I'm not sweating anymore. Thanks everyone again for being so awesome.

I gained 6.5 pounds this past week, so a new challenge seems like just the thing! I'll link over to the new one in my signature

• Like 4

Last post for this challenge thread:

We got the phone call today, and it's good news! There is no additional cancer, just traces where they removed the polyp. So Dad will need to have a resection, but the location is placed so that it'll be a pretty simple case without complications. He meets the surgeon tomorrow, and he knows her from a previous surgery so we have a lot of confidence in her ability and his recovery.

This is really GREAT news. He should be cancer free after this surgery!

Today was the day I lost my level headedness. :) After we got the good news, I was just a MESS, letting go of all that emotion that had been storing up inside of me. But two stiff drinks later, I'm feeling relaxed and I'm not sweating anymore. Thanks everyone again for being so awesome.

I gained 6.5 pounds this past week, so a new challenge seems like just the thing! I'll link over to the new one in my signature

Snarky that is SO AWESOME that there is no additional cancer, and that the solution is relatively simple! Plus your dad knows and trusts the surgeon, so that is extra good news :)

Releasing your emotions is healthy, so I'm glad you dealt with how you were feeling even if it was tough. Now relax, smile, and enjoy the great news! <3 <3 <3 

• Like 1

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Head Flip Bitch (Team French Toast)

"A jug fills drop by drop" -Buddha

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(old) Battle Log

Accountabilibuddies: Doodlies

Embrace the Suck

I'm sorry you have to go through this but very glad to here that it was best case scenario.  I think you did a fine job of getting through the week.  Stress will add pounds even if you avoid the cake..... a whole section of pierogies you say?  How fast can I get there?   I could be like your taster only you don't get to eat any of it... Hmmm.. 

I'm glad that you got that release of emotion.  You were being strong for your parents and countering their worst case scenario-ness.  That just shows how strong you are.  See you on the flip side.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4