Krazi3man: Becoming the Black Swordsman...kinda

Krazi3man

tumblr_n8bk4qY72G1qbuiw8o1_500.gif

Hey all! Really excited to have finished my recruit challenge and officially join the ranks :D

Main goal: Lose 30 pounds. I have many main goals, though overall I'd like to lose the weight I gained from last challenge and then some.

Quest 1: Bring my armor and hp to high levels. Take little beatings from attackers. (+3 CON)

tumblr_nd0yvbbWMv1s4k3uqo1_500.gif

To achieve this, I'll replace junk food with healthier snacks. I bombed this last challenge as it was set for breakfast/dinner. I need to start smaller and just eat healthy snacks through the day. I'll keep up with good meal but I'll be focusing on snacks this challenge as that was my downfall. To grade this I'll focus on the times I do cave in to junk.

A: 0-5 trash snacks 

B: 6-10 trash snacks

C: 11-15 trash snacks

Quest 2: Become more flexible and strong (+2 STR +1 DEX)

tumblr_nb68yh8lYj1qk9powo1_500.gif

Increasing my strength and flexibility for handstands and flagpoles are big goals of mine. This challenge, I'll be trying yoga, more specifically, power yoga. I'll spend 30min a day going through videos as well as progressing the crow pose (thank you Nymeria for your help!). I tried crow and I can hold it for a few seconds, so I hope to increase that each week as I get stronger on the holds.\ Since I'll be doing yoga daily, grading goes as follows:

A: 0-5 days missed

B: 6-10 days missed

C: 11-15 days missed

Quest 3: Be more agile (+2 DEX + 1 STA)

tumblr_na15rrzEMy1trjs0jo1_500.gif

For cardio I'll be getting back into an old favorite of mine: Sprints. Oh sprints sprints are a love hate. I'll ease into them since I haven't done them in a while, but I will do them 3x a week, with a rest day between. I will start with sprinting 25 yards, walking 25 yards back, sprint 25, walk 25, rest. This is one set. 3 sets each session. Each week, I'll increase sprint yards by 5 and reduce walk yards by 5. Should I plateau, I'll repeat the current sprint/walk ratio for an additional week, but I WILL complete the 3x a week.

A: 18 sprint sessions

B: 15 sprint sessions

C: 12 sprint sessions 

Life Quest: Keep coding fresh (+3 WIS)

I'm taking a semester off from school to reduce stress this fall. As a result, I won't be having any programming classes. I'll use codecademy to learn some new languages (html/php right now) and refresh my memory with languages I've learned (Java). Since it is summer and I'm taking this light, 30min a day daily. I think I'll do an hour next challenge as I get more accustomed to programming again :)

A:0-5 days missed

B: 6-10 days missed

C: 11-15 days missed 

This challenge will be very exciting! First time yoga, learning poses, coding, sprinting, and ASSASSIN!!! 

Wait....

tumblr_n5jkww8w9n1tyuq8wo1_500.gif

Ummm official greetings now? haha

I'm Krazi3man. You can call me Chris if you'd like. Some goals, aforementioned, are to be able to do handstands and advanced calisthenics like dragonflags, flagpoles, pistol squats. I like watching action anime (naruto, sao, hunter x hunter, etc.) and comidies (HIMYM, Family Guy, etc. Crude stuff) I have a very wide array of humor, though dark and twisted make me laugh the most >.<) I like to read. I can be pretty anti-social but once I branch out and get comfortable, I'm pretty goofy and weird. I hope to be of motivational help to others in here :D

Oh, and I wear black. I LOVE wearing black. 

• Like 2

Level 2 Half-Orc Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 4.7  | WIS 1.9 | CHA 0

CurrentChallenge | PreviousChallenge

"There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps." Peter A. Cohen

Will take measurements monday ^_^

weight: 194 lbs

waist: 39 inches

bf%:  ~25%

Day one measurements:

Hmmm. Pretty annoyed I gained a few inches in my waist and bf went up, though it is to be expected when you spend a majority of your time snacking on cookies and chips, going through boxes of them in a night. Time to get rid of these high numbers!!!

"There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps." Peter A. Cohen

Sweet! The man in black. Love the idea of sprint sessions, a great way to build up strength. 

You're not trying to lose 30 pounds in six weeks right? 

• Like 1

Level 5 - Assassin

STR 7, DEX 13, STA 9, CON 15, WIS 11, CHA 4

Challenge #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

“We are funny creatures. We don't see the stars as they are, so why do we love them? They are not small gold objects, but endless fire.â€

- Henderson the Rain King, Saul Bellow

Great fitness goals. Like the branching into yoga for combining strength and flexibility. Seemed like you killed most of your last challenge,so I bet we'll see the same this time.

Sent from my TOUCHBOOK7.0 3G using Tapatalk

Zacsmith3 Level 2Orc Assasin
STR 4|DEX 0|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 2

Challenge 1 | 2

Main Quest: 290lbs to 200lbs 

11%
11%

I can't wait to see you crush the crow pose and then move on to harder, more fun balances!  

If you're a math nerd and want some good exercises to practice programming, you might want to check out Project Euler.  Several of us in the guild are playing around with it to practice programming.  You can use any programming language.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Wow, this page is looking amazing! I can't wait to see how it goes - and I can't stop admiring the amazing SAO gifs. Aah. Ooh. Anywho, I'm following. Wishing you the best of luck! :)

• Like 1

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

Nice goals :D i heard codeacademy was pretty cool.I want to learn python and ruby myself. Good luck and welcome!

Give it a try! I hear python is a good start to learning code. I wasn't aware of this at the time I learned haha

Great fitness goals. Like the branching into yoga for combining strength and flexibility. Seemed like you killed most of your last challenge,so I bet we'll see the same this time.

Sent from my TOUCHBOOK7.0 3G using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'll try my best 

I can't wait to see you crush the crow pose and then move on to harder, more fun balances!  

If you're a math nerd and want some good exercises to practice programming, you might want to check out Project Euler.  Several of us in the guild are playing around with it to practice programming.  You can use any programming language.  

I'll give it a look through. Though I love math, the last math I've focused on was calc like 4 years ago XD I need to get back into that...

For the crow pose, I feel like I'm putting a lot of pressure on my arms where they meet the leg. My legs seem to want to V outwards instead of being parallel to my arms. I can hold for 3-5 seconds at the moment so that's progress from last week already! Great tutorials by the way :D 

Wow, this page is looking amazing! I can't wait to see how it goes - and I can't stop admiring the amazing SAO gifs. Aah. Ooh. Anywho, I'm following. Wishing you the best of luck! :)

SAO is awsome! I may continue to post more gifs through the challenge. We'll see lol Thanks I'll be following you too of course, keep up with your strides! 

So I've grown my beard for about a month now (mind you I like the clean shaven face, maybe a 5oclock shadow here and there) from pure laziness AWESOMENESS and I this pretty much sums up what I do whenever I look in the mirror now. Though it's not even close to that XD

tumblr_n52wtzBYfB1sy9h8yo1_500.gif

• Like 1

For the crow pose, I feel like I'm putting a lot of pressure on my arms where they meet the leg. My legs seem to want to V outwards instead of being parallel to my arms. I can hold for 3-5 seconds at the moment so that's progress from last week already! Great tutorials by the way :D

Best form is to keep the legs parallel, but I did check with my yoga teachers a few years ago, and it's still perfectly acceptable to have the knees flare out when doing the pose.  Mostly, you're working on the wrist and forearm strength and stability, so the knee placement doesn't matter that much.  When you become better with the pose, try pulling up with your core so that your legs aren't resting as strongly on your arms.  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Best form is to keep the legs parallel, but I did check with my yoga teachers a few years ago, and it's still perfectly acceptable to have the knees flare out when doing the pose.  Mostly, you're working on the wrist and forearm strength and stability, so the knee placement doesn't matter that much.  When you become better with the pose, try pulling up with your core so that your legs aren't resting as strongly on your arms.  

Thanks for the advice! 

Looking through things, I decided I'll start with basic Sun Salutation and work on core poses such as plank, dolphin plank, chaturanga. Then follow through to my crow progressions. 

I think it should be mentioned that even though it's not part of my 6wc, I'm continuing to work on my pullup progression 3x a week. I have it set and a solid habit so it's not needed for the challenge.