• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Calibre

R.D. Nottingham Explores The Three Secret Gates

You aren't kidding. Day is just barely half over, already hit our prescription quota verses last year, and still have four hours to go.

When the time comes I have my scratch pad to get some last ideas down for Goal One then let them go all Hunger Games against each other. Victor becomes my new goal :D

• Like 1

You aren't kidding. Day is just barely half over, already hit our prescription quota verses last year, and still have four hours to go.

When the time comes I have my scratch pad to get some last ideas down for Goal One then let them go all Hunger Games against each other. Victor becomes my new goal :D

Whatever you decide upon, definitely build in some forgiveness, given the nature of your work being so intense lately--it shouldn't be counted against you if you literally have no time to do anything but eat, shower, and sleep. 

You can always save some for the next challenge, and the next... ;)

Like a To Do list, lol. 

• Like 1

OK my friends, finally (with only an hour to go) I've figured it out. Goal One is going to consist of learning new things. Now I know, it doesn't really sound like a SMART goal but I think it can be. I know there are lots of e-learning sites out there where I can pick up new skills, developing ones I have already (like a damn nice voice :D ) and expanding my mind. 

I love and appreciate all the suggestions and ideas you all brought!! I may be using them at a later time. :)

For now, I think I need to rest then tomorrow will be a VERY busy day of chores and prepping for the challenge. Thinking of a few things I might finally be courageous enough to do for the WHOLE challenge. Time will tell.

• Like 4

OK, last minute updates before Day One:

Added some stat points for my goals!!

Going to be visiting my parents later this week for a "get my mind back in order" mini-vacation

Having an early morning tomorrow but hoping to have some extra goodies done and posted before I start working

Everyone sleep well and rest up for the start of challenge!!

• Like 1

FALSE START!!!

Day One of the challenge and I'm already taking a flailing misstep!! 

Horrible night of sleep plus making a foul mistake with my schedule equals a very rough start to this challenge. No healthy food this morning, no exercise tonight likely, wanted to get some progress pics done. So far all are a bust. It's gonna be a loooong day.

Guess what book my brother gave me for my birthday on Friday?

Ready Player One.

HAHAAHAHAHAH. This is going to be fun!

YES!!!! That's what I'm talking about!! I think it's a good read and just playful and also a big 80s flashback!! I hope you enjoy!!

• Like 1

FALSE START!!!

Day One of the challenge and I'm already taking a flailing misstep!!

Horrible night of sleep plus making a foul mistake with my schedule equals a very rough start to this challenge. No healthy food this morning, no exercise tonight likely, wanted to get some progress pics done. So far all are a bust. It's gonna be a loooong day.

May be a good day to try that meditation goal. Might help you get a better night of sleep.

• Like 4

May be a good day to try that meditation goal. Might help you get a better night of sleep.

Honestly, it was! I did take some of my time before work and tired to just relax and control my breathing even with possible outside distractions. While I didn't get 15 minutes, I did relax my body and felt a little better despite the day's shortcomings :)

• Like 5

Day One Recap

While the day was, for the most part, was a bust, a few things positive came of it. I did get a hold of my breathing and started working on the meditation. I managed to get better sleep than the night before (though not much more). I discovered that there are several immutable things in this universe and at least one of them I have to contend with. 

So far this morning has me up early but not without a small minor victory and the excitement of having 6 days off after today! I need this down time to get some mental recovery going. 

• Like 6

I know I posted a link to the video just before the challenge but I just wanted to put this out there as well. The song I put up I remember as being in the opening credits of the early 90s Michael J Fox film Doc Hollywood. I think many of us, myself included, feel that we have to live up to the expectations or vision others have for us. This song's lyrics reminds me that we are each our own person.

THE ONE AND ONLY BY CHESNEY HAWKES

I am the one and only, oh yeah

Call me, call me by my name
Or call me by my number
You put me through it
I'll still be doing it the way I do it

And yet you try to make me forget
Who I really am
Don't tell me I know best
I'm not the same as all the rest

I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
I am the one and only
You can't take that away from me

I've been a player in the crowd scene
A flicker on the big screen
My soul embraces
One more in a million faces

High hopes and aspirations ideas
Above my station maybe
But all this time I've tried
To walk with dignity and pride

I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
I am the one and only

I can't wear this uniform
Without some compromises
Because you'll find out that we come
In different shapes and sizes

No one can be myself like I can
For this job, I'm the best man
And while this may be true
You are the one and only you

I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
I am the one and only

Happy Tuesday my friends! Remember, just be you! :D

• Like 3

Day Two

Today was a better day than yesterday so that's always good! Actually slept more, relaxed more, made two sliiiiightly better good choices today but together I'm only counting them as one as far as my goals go. I plan to take my starting progress pics in the morning, hopefully have a good breakfast but then off to my parents for some R&R (though I'd rather be elsewhere).

It's going to be good have days away from work, one of my major stressors. Hopefully I can have some of that pass out of my system and get me on a more even keel. I could be going anywhere but going to chill with my folks, take some time down by the river/seeing Canada across the way. I just need to take a break. But not from here! I'm still here for all of us!!

See you tomorrow and remember, "No matter where you go, there you are." (Buckaroo Bonzai)

• Like 2

@One and only

I never realised how serious this song was. Great choice.

You had a rough start into your challenge, but you seem to have made the best out of it. I hope the rest of the week will be good for you and you can be satisfied with yourself. We don't think this way, but sometimes I get the feeling you are your worst critic.

• Like 1

Your R&R sounds like it'll be very relaxing. Just watching a river is great mediation, for me at least. And letting the stress drain away will definitely help keep up motivation for your other goals too!

• Like 2

Day Three

Ok, honestly not the greatest day but then again, always could be a lot worse (this opening is starting to sound repetitive.... Quit it!!). Anyhow, got myself up to Michigan (Port Huron area) and here with my folks. Not much relaxing yet but that's expected after driving through Detroit traffic. I am looking at picking up an online course for my learning this week, either that or really starting to learn more about Paleo cooking to possibly add in a meal or two like that each week. Now I know it sounds like the scenario when the person who gets a large combo meal and drinks the diet soda (trust me, that was the first thought to pop into my head) but I think Paleo may help MUCH better than drinking a diet Coke. 

Planning on getting a decent night's sleep, exercising (the basement isn't used much here so that's a bonus) then either hanging out with the family or getting some time down by the river. Brought the camera so pics will be coming :)

Honestly, I'd rather be at GenCon right now but that wasn't in the cards for me this year. Kinda bummed out about it so that could be weighing on me a little too. 

Sleep tight my friends!! Tomorrow is another day, better than the last.

• Like 2

I always feel bummed out when I miss a convention, as if that somehow makes me 'less of a fan'. But that's bullshit and I know it. But emotions are tricky that way.

Keep your chin up and take some kick ass photos for us.

Also, Paleo is a lot of fun to cook and not tell people that their getting grain free. It's like when I cook a vegetarian meal and just forget to tell my hubby he's eating vegetarian. If he knew, he'd hate it. But since he doesn't know, he loves it. Preconceived notions right?

• Like 2