therealkat is Divergent

thekatisalie

This challenge ends during my next convention, so it lines up pretty perfectly with some of my goals to get back in shape and make progress on costumes. Here we go. Let's do this. For real this time... cause something has to work, eventually, right?

FactionSymbols.jpg

large.gif

Dauntless – I Am Brave

We believe in ordinary acts of bravery; the courage to drive one person to stand up for another.

I am going to be less hard on myself. I always say I will do “x†program for this challenge. I’m getting a little workout ADD, so I want to just say that I will workout 30 minutes or more 5x a week. It can be biking, yoga, running, one of my many home programs, WHATEVER. My goal is to work toward doing push-ups on my toes, so I will try to incorporate push-ups every day, but the focus will really be on just MOVING 5x a week and increasing my strength.

Candor – I Am Honest

Truth makes us transparent. Truth makes us strong.

I’ve been unwise with money this year. I’ve paid off my credit cards only to hike them back up again. I have $1,500 to pay off and I need to pay it off fast. I want to be done with credit cards because it is becoming more and more obvious to me that I can’t use them responsibly. They make it too easy to spend money I don’t have because it doesn’t seem tangible. Money isn’t a thing anymore, it’s the swipe of a card and a worry for tomorrow. As I try to get more into the mindset of setting myself up to start a family, this can’t be the case anymore. My goal is to pay my debt down by half by the end of this challenge. That’s $750 between three cards. I can do that. If I do more, great… but the goal should be realistic and attainable, so we’re starting with just half.

Erudite – I Am Intelligent

Knowledge is the only logical solution to the problem of conflict.

I know that I need to slow down my social life and focus on getting ‘me’ things done 3x a week. I will have two tasks under this category and every time I work on either of them, I will count it as a success. I want to make progress on my cousin’s baby blanket (knitting). I want to complete my Princess Bubblegum gown in time for MetaCon on September 4th. These things are stimulation for ME. It’s me time, and time for my brain to recoup and regenerate without feeling like I’m being pulled in 100 directions to do other things.

Amity – I Am Peaceful
Trust, Self-Sufficiency, Kindness, Forgiveness, Involvement.

This portion of my challenge will explore yoga and stretching 5x a week. Let’s be honest. I am not flexible – especially in my hips. It may sound crazy but sometime in the next 18ish months, I’d like to think I’ll be squeezing a tiny human out of there, so it’s time to suck it up and work on the hips and hammies. I plan to combat this by working through stretches that prepare the body for doing splits. I have several places of reference for making my hammie and hips more flexible:

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/How-Do-Splits-3551904#photo-3552999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZTGgEWPbLk

And Cheech’s famous Hip Openers http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50130-side-quest-3-put-your-hips-into-it/

http://www.yogajournal.com/article/practice-section/hip-enough/

Abnegation – I Am Selfless
I will become my undoing if I become my obsession.

This is going to be a stretch, but for Abnegation, I am going to be selfless by treating my body like a sanctuary again. I’ve gotten back into processed foods, lots of coffee, and quick meals out, but I need to practice more discipline or I will be my own undoing. For this challenge, I am allowed ONE meal out per week and ONE cup of coffee a day. If I don’t use it, it doesn’t pile up. If I don’t use it, it’s gone. This, in theory, will stop me from stockpiling them to have one week where I just slack off and eat out every day.

• Like 12

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

Dauntless – I Am Brave
We believe in ordinary acts of bravery; the courage to drive one person to stand up for another.
18/30

60%
60%

Candor – I Am Honest
Truth makes us transparent. Truth makes us strong.

200/750
27%
27%

Erudite – I Am Intelligent
Knowledge is the only logical solution to the problem of conflict.

14/18
77%
77%

Amity – I Am Peaceful
Trust, Self-Sufficiency, Kindness, Forgiveness, Involvement.

12/30
40%
40%

Abnegation – I Am Selfless
I will become my undoing if I become my obsession.

1 Cup of Coffee Per Day:

Week 1 Pass/Fail - Extra coffee at the cabin... cause LOON CALLS and relaxation!
Week 2 Pass/Fail - Vacation pass.
Week 3 Pass/Fail
Week 4 Pass/Fail
Week 5 Pass/Fail
Week 6 Pass/Fail

1 Meal Out Per Week:

Week 1 Pass/Fail - 4 meals out, due to a visit to the cabin.
Week 2 Pass/Fail - Vacation pass.
Week 3 Pass/Fail
Week 4 Pass/Fail
Week 5 Pass/Fail
Week 6 Pass/Fail

stalking err I mean subbed!

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"  - Conan

Quests

Subbed! Those are some solid, attainable goals you've got there. :) 

• Like 1

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I'm trying to be less strict to see if maybe that gets me on track better. "Run 10 miles" always seems awesome, and then life happens and it storms for 6 weeks straight in MN... so we're trying more flexible goals!

• Like 1

I'm trying to be less strict to see if maybe that gets me on track better. "Run 10 miles" always seems awesome, and then life happens and it storms for 6 weeks straight in MN... so we're trying more flexible goals!

W00T for flexible goals. I have noticed this is a fine line to walk. If you are too flexible you can run the risk of talking your way out of accountability, but if they are too strict you run the risk of being overloaded and saying eh f@#k it. finding that balance between the two extremes is the key.

• Like 2

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"  - Conan

Quests

Subbed for awesome Divergent references!

• Like 1

Saera Windrunner, Level 1 Centaur Adventurer

STR 1 | DEX 0 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Current Challenge ~ 1st Almost-Challenge

Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Accountabilibuddies!

Be like Batman:

29.05%
29.05%

Beware the Carb Monster: 

40%
40%

Saera vs. the Frying Pan: 

33.2%
33.2%

"For anyone stuck in that terrible place between 0 and 1."

"How bad do you want it?"

I am looking forward to watching those progress bars crawl as you start to crush your goals this challenge!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

It will certainly be an interesting challenge… It has become pretty clear I am working at fighting off a bout of depression and loneliness (how can someone be lonely when they are so busy, one may ask?.. Oh it is more than possible), and hoping some regularity with diet and exercise might help both.

• Like 1

It will certainly be an interesting challenge… It has become pretty clear I am working at fighting off a bout of depression and loneliness (how can someone be lonely when they are so busy, one may ask?.. Oh it is more than possible), and hoping some regularity with diet and exercise might help both.

I hear you every couple of months I get a random onset of depression which will last between two and several weeks...

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

Quests

Those sound like great goals! I struggle with the balance between "too strict" and "too lenient" too, but your goals sound like a good in-between. I hope you are able to get through your bout of blues... And I wish you every happiness in your quest for parenthood! That's awesome!

Love the Divergent theme! Subbed. :)

• Like 1

"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." -Uncle Iroh

This is a question/concern that comes up regularly for me. Hoping a challenge focused on some self-awareness and reflection will give me some answers (along with working on diet an exercise).

Sending you lots of positive thoughts!

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Thanks, guys. I struggle with hiding my depression a lot – almost to a point where I think I’m doing just fine until something slaps me in the face and is like “hey, you’re just stuffing it… figure your crap outâ€. I’ve got to have a creative outlet, or I am miserable. Goals help, too… so hopefully this challenge, by design, will help me out a bit.

It's hard, it really is. I hope the structure of your challenge gives you some stability to lean on. And hey, we are right here rooting for you and ready to help any way we can! :) ~internet hugs~ I'll be praying for you.

• Like 1

"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." -Uncle Iroh

Dauntless – I Am Brave

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/which-divergent-faction-do-you-actually-belong-in

http://divergentthemovie.com/aptitudetest

I even tried really hard to not be Dauntless... but then I was Dauntless.  Four freaking times!

Looks like the writing is on the wall.

44a21995a537e2df7ebc24c7a258d017-1.jpg

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Cool challenge you have here! I used to have TERRIBLE workout ADD so I know whatcha mean :) The fact that you make your costumes and cosplay pretty much sums it up for me. I want to follow along for all the shiny things! And to help prevent any sort of loneliness, we can't have any of that!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Lawl - I was right about me.

RY5BXG6l.png

Wow.  That quiz is bang-on accurate, hey?  Cool.  :pirate:

• Like 1

I want to follow along for all the shiny things!

Speaking of the shiny -- I was a yard short on my PBubs costume fabric. Dang it! I know I don't need to officially start sewing until next week, but I wanted it all cut and prepped... BUT we found a place to go wear our Star Trek corset costumes again... there is a release party for a beer by Summit Brewing called Make it So and they are having a Star Trek costume contest on Wednesday. I want to win all the things. It also sounds like we will be re-making those corsets, too... just to up their game a bit before MetaCon.

You all rock. Thanks for the early support :3

• Like 5

SCORE for resuable costumes!!!!

What is the line up for the next Con and will there be any progress pictures for said costumes?

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

Quests

Absolutely there will be progress shots! Right now MetaCon will essentially be a repeat of CONvergence. It's a con that is, like, half the size of CONvergence (7000 people at CVG, 2500-3000 at Meta). My biggest task will be the remake of Princess Bubblegum. I'm planning PBubs as my day costume, and then Star Trek one night and we are deciding between repeating Batman (Pinup Harley for me) or doing something else. If we do something else, I am pulling together Launch from Dragon Ball. We all want to get more use out of our costumes, but we want new ones, too :D Plans for next year's CVG line up are already starting. Sounds like League of Legends as a group and Marvel as a group so far.

• Like 1