• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi!

This is my first challenge as an assassin and I'm sooooo excited!  I'm going to skimp on the bio here, you can learn more about me via my last challenge or my battle log if you're curious. 

I learned a lot about myself, my habbits and what works and doesn't via my last challenge.  I seem to falter when it comes to cascading physical challenges.  I tried strategically un-modifying pushups on the last challenge and it went horribly.  So this challenge I am going to use a darebee program which will cascade for me without me having a say.  My long term goal is to break into the aerial arts.  After speaking with some resident aerial artists here I have decided to do an ab program.  I am currently suffering from a knee injury and have been feeling super lost with my workouts.  I think focusing on achieving a specific goal (being able to fly!) will really keep me motivated!

There is sadly a glitch in this challenge for me.  I will be attending GenCon from 7/29-8/2 and keeping to most of my challenges will be pretty terrible.  So I modify my quests to be attainable for that week.  My real challenge will start 8/3 when I'm home.  I'm also starting school on 9/3 so I'm planning to be done with my fitness program by then! 

Here we go! (*challenges for week of GenCon*)

Major Quest

Lose 60 lbs

This is outside the scope of this challenge, but I'll take any weight loss as a win :)

Minor Quests

Nutrition:  Batch cook every Sunday for the whole week

*Pack food to take to GenCon for week 1 and Batch Cook 8/3 for week 2*

A= 6 Times B=5 Times C=4 Times D=3 times F=1 or 2 Times

Fitness: Complete the Total Abs Program from Darebee walking 10 minutes as my warmup and doing alternating rows/pushups

*Starting on 8/3* 

A= 27+ days B= 24-26 days C= 21-23 days  D= 18-20 Days F= Less 18 Days

Mental Fitness: Be in bed Sun-Thur by 11 and up M-F by 7

*Free days 7/28-8/3 and every Saturday*

A= 38+ days B= 34-37 days C= 30-33 days D= 26-29 days F= Less than 26 days

Life Side Quest

Make 300 repacks weekly and apply all the $$ towards my student loan debt

*Full points for week 1*

Have my savings account refilled by the end of the challenge

A= 100% B= 90-99% C= 80-89% D=70-79% F=Less than 70%

Motivation

Be at a physical level where I can regularly attend and participate in an aerial class. 

To be able to play again.  Run, flip, trick, hike... all of the things I enjoyed in my youth. 

Rewards

4.0: Register for Fall Classes at the FlyHouse and buy a new workout outfit

3.5-3.99: Register for Fall Classes at the FlyHouse

3.0-3.49: Buy a new workout outfit

2.5-2.99: Buy new excersize shoes

2.0-2.49: Buy a new sports bra

0-1.99: Get a high five for trying

• Like 4

what a nicely planned out challenge here. I love how you are planning ahead on your travelling and things and oh, that High Five for trying is brilliant!! Still, am sure you will get at least some of your rewards and will cheer you on for FLYING, whooopeeee

Have an awesome challenge and welcome to the Assassins :)

• Like 1

Soooooooo I was suppose to cook yesterday.  Cleaning my house, packing and inventorying a few games I'm going to auction took about 11 hours..... So I'm cooking today instead!  Normally I'm brutal on myself with challenges, but I'm giving myself a pass on this one.  I've been doing back to back intense challenges and I just kind of want to chill.  So I get a mulligan on the cooking :)

And thanks for all the comments guys.  I'm so stoked to work on flying!  You have no idea (actually I'm sure most of you do...) but I'm finally hitting a weight where I can see getting myself into the apparati!  SQUEEEE!!!!!

55411117.jpg

• Like 1

Yay!  Following along again!   Love your challenge goals too, being an aerialist is so inspiring!

55411117.jpg

*snort*  I felt the same way when I did pole dancing - covered in bruises.  I really want to try aerial silks though... and hopefully they're a little softer???

• Like 1

Yay!  Following along again!   Love your challenge goals too, being an aerialist is so inspiring!

*snort*  I felt the same way when I did pole dancing - covered in bruises.  I really want to try aerial silks though... and hopefully they're a little softer???

I hate to tell you but you WILL bruise a lot with silks. And there is the magical thing known as silk burns which are even easier to get! Bruising would mostly be from drops and then silk burns from....uh, a lot of things but also drops too.

I definately got beat up when I worked with silks!  But I was also a bumbling bafoon while working on them lol.  I had no idea what I was doing :)

Bruises are par for the course. They lessen over time. :)

• Like 1

Hopefully you're heading to GenCon soon. Just remember you have plenty of walking around that convention center. Rest your knee and have lots of fun!

I hate to tell you but you WILL bruise a lot with silks. And there is the magical thing known as silk burns which are even easier to get! Bruising would mostly be from drops and then silk burns from....uh, a lot of things but also drops too.

Oooh silk burn.  I didn't even think about that.   Ouch.

Yup, leaving in about 2 hours. I'm bringing my rice pad for my knee. But you did just remind me to pack my brace!

Have a great time!!  

giphy.gif

Bruises are par for the course. They lessen over time. :)

Until you start trying new apparatus (plural is the same as the singular) and then you get NEW bruises in NEW places all over again :)

Welcome to the flying club....

I'm back!  GenCon was a blast, but man did it take a lot out of me!  I felt perpetually hung over the whole week from living my old life style.  I didn't eat right, my water intake was way down, I got very little sleep and the only excersize I did was walk. 

eb2cf48bf26ce91b33c5da4926b0447c3fbbb8ad

But I'm back and ready to get started!

I did my batch cooking on Monday and boy oh boy was that difficult!  I will definately have to grocery shop on Saturday moving forward.  Grocery shopping on the day I'm batch cooking was waaaayyyyyy to much.  But I did it, and now I don't have to cook all week SQUEEEEEE!

Cooking on Monday definately put a damper on my sleep goal though.  So far I've woken up on time yesterday and today, and went to bed on time last night.  I did not go to bed on time on Monday but that's because I was up till midnight cooking, lol!

The darebee ab workout has been interesting.  A.  My core is in WAY worse shape than I thought.  B.  The added arm workouts are not necessary, a lot of the movements I'm doing work my arms plenty!  So I'm eliminating the arm excersizes and I'm changing the walking to just a walking challenge, not attaching it as a warmup.  My life doesn't always allow for an hour to workout but I can split and still do just fine. 

I haven't made a single repack this week and there's a good chance I wont.  My life is getting crazy busy so I haven't been able to find time.  But the idea of this 6-week challenge was to learn how to juggle being healthy and busy at the same time since I'm starting school in September.  Mission accomplished!  I'm busy and I'm trying to make it work, some things are working and some things aren't. I can't wait to discover more about my new lifestyle, so stay tuned :)

54260983.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome back!  Hope you had a great time!  I was scoping out my friend's pictures from GenCon and it looked like a total blast.  I really want to go next year.

Congrats on all the batch cooking - I'm amazed you had the energy!  I've done those up til midnight cooking kind of marathons and they are exhausting.  Hopefully you'll have lots of time to catch up on your sleep now that your food is prepped.  

I've been doing darebee workouts too and I love it!  I totally get what you mean about not having an hour to workout though, even just doing 3 sets of the exercises runs a little long.  Combining that will a walk really adds up!  Best of luck with week 2!

• Like 2

I actually really enjoyed the weather!  But I'm from Michigan so humidity is a part of my every day life.  The venues were wonderful.  If anything the TCG hall was freezing, so stepping out into the warmer weather felt really nice :)

• Like 1

Progress Report!

So 2 weeks have passed and I decided to take an inventory as of yesterday.  So far I'm rocking out a 3.75 on my challenges.  I have yet to make a single repack.... yet alone 300... I haven't missed a day of my Darebee excersizes but I have missed 1 day of walking (I'll give myself 1/2 credit for that day).  Batch cooking has been a dream and made my life so much more simple.  But.... the sleep.  I cannot seem to get myself to bed on time!  I'm struggling with the timing of all of this.  I choose these challenges because I will be starting school after this challenge is over and I wanted to create good habits for the school year.  But my head is also thinking that these are the last few weeks of freedom I have and I want to induldge.  My inner adult needs to have a sit down with my inner child and set some ground rules.  Sadly they don't seem to ever be in the same neighborhood yet alone room!

But highs and lows aside in my challenge...... I HIT MY HALF WAY POINT!!!   30 lbs lost!  With that in mind I've decided to be nice to myself with my challenges.  I tend to be a perfectionist and give myself no leway room.  So that leads to me being 100% or 0% in challenges like these.  And we all know that being 80% always is better than being 100% now and 0% tomorrow. So I'm allowing myself some wiggle room to work on my positive momentum.

Here's to the next half of my journey :)

Progress Report!

So 2 weeks have passed and I decided to take an inventory as of yesterday.  So far I'm rocking out a 3.75 on my challenges.  I have yet to make a single repack.... yet alone 300... I haven't missed a day of my Darebee excersizes but I have missed 1 day of walking (I'll give myself 1/2 credit for that day).  Batch cooking has been a dream and made my life so much more simple.  But.... the sleep.  I cannot seem to get myself to bed on time!  I'm struggling with the timing of all of this.  I choose these challenges because I will be starting school after this challenge is over and I wanted to create good habits for the school year.  But my head is also thinking that these are the last few weeks of freedom I have and I want to induldge.  My inner adult needs to have a sit down with my inner child and set some ground rules.  Sadly they don't seem to ever be in the same neighborhood yet alone room!

But highs and lows aside in my challenge...... I HIT MY HALF WAY POINT!!!   30 lbs lost!  With that in mind I've decided to be nice to myself with my challenges.  I tend to be a perfectionist and give myself no leway room.  So that leads to me being 100% or 0% in challenges like these.  And we all know that being 80% always is better than being 100% now and 0% tomorrow. So I'm allowing myself some wiggle room to work on my positive momentum.

Here's to the next half of my journey :)

Yay for meeting weight loss goals! And learning to be more forgiving and less perfectionist is SO helpful! I used to be that way and well...I found I just didn't get a lot done even from giving up too often. Now I'm all about the moderation and re-assessing things and adjusting in the moment as needed without feeling any guilt about it. It's worked SO well with both getting more done and also my stress level is lower!

• Like 1

Woohooo!!!  Halfway there dance party!!

giphy.gif

Congrats on all your progress so far!  I totally agree that being a perfectionist (all or nothing) can set you up for failure.  Taking the 80% approach is a great idea.  Best of luck with the second half of your journey, and have fun!

• Like 1

I updated my life side quest because the repack one wasn't happening.  I chose the repack one to earn a little extra cash before the school semester starts but I ended up picking up another day at work each week.  It solved the cash issue, but more importantly I don't have the time to do the repacks now.  So instead of driving myself insane I've decided to just do a money challenge.  I depleated my savings account recently and I want to get it back up to where it's supposed to be. 

I updated my life side quest because the repack one wasn't happening.  I chose the repack one to earn a little extra cash before the school semester starts but I ended up picking up another day at work each week.  It solved the cash issue, but more importantly I don't have the time to do the repacks now.  So instead of driving myself insane I've decided to just do a money challenge.  I depleated my savings account recently and I want to get it back up to where it's supposed to be. 

Thumbs up to this.

Recalibrating in the middle of the process is an important skill to learn. :)

• Like 1