• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ok so 3 week update:

Batch cooking is still going solid.  This last weekend I did my cooking on Saturday which was irritating but that's life.  I'm proud that I was able to adjust my schedule and still do it.

Walking and working out is going ok.  I've missed one walking day so far, but I haven't missed a workout.  I didn't give myself any leway on the workouts and it's causing some stress.  But that stress is motivating me to get them done.  The jury is still out whether that stress is healthy stress or not.

My sleep challenge has been just that, a challenge.  Being in bed by 11 is definately much easier than being up at 7, but I'm trying.  I am working very hard on telling peole no so that I'm not out until the wee hours of the morning.  But it's been hard because I start school in September and I want to enjoy my summer.  Last week I had some breakthroughs but it's still a struggle.

As I posted earlier I had to change my life side quest.  So far my savings is 50% filled which is awesome.

My GPA right now is a 2.75 and that's mostly being drug down by my life challenge.  All in all I'm happy with my progress.  I'm hitting that point in my fitness journey where I can't give my health 100% of my focus and so I have to leverage habbits that I've made in the past.  I'm also learning to add my health and fitness into the juggle of my real life.  When I first started this I could donate all of my energy to this journey but now I have to split my focus and that's causing some issues.  But that's life and I'm learning to roll with the punches. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a good week 3!  Way to stay on top of your exercising goal!  It sucks sometimes that getting healthier can't just be done by itself, and you get back to real life after - like going to a fancy bootcamp where you lose all the weight and develop healthy habits and then come back a new person.  But realistically, learning how to manage exercise and batch cooking alongside your studies and other commitments is so important.  You'll never be able to maintain your healthy habits unless they work with your total lifestyle.

Best of luck getting the GPA up, even if your fitness has to take a backseat for a while.  Sounds like you'll still be able to maintain the progress you've made!

• Like 1

I feel like I've been staving off a panic attack for a week.  I have officially hit the point in which I took on too much.  With that being said this will be my last 6-week challenge for a little while.  I need to get back into the mindset where my studies are my focus.  2 of the challenges that I picked lead toward that end, but I'm getting overwhelmed with all of the things I'm keeping track of. 

But onto a happier note.... My sleep challenge is getting easier!  I'm learning to say no to people :)  The batch cooking is really taking a toll.  I think I need to desire less fancy food if I want to keep batch cooking, lol!  And yesterday was the first day that I skipped a darebee workout!  But I have missed a few walks..

Here's where my points are so far

Nutrition - 100% A

Sleep - 84% B

Fitness - 91% A

Life - 72% C

GPA - 3.25 (yayayaya we're getting better!)

Weight loss - 31 lbs so far  (I'm really plateauing here)

Overall, given how I've been feeling, I'm happy with all of this.  I'm stress eating sweets again and that's causing a weight plateau.  That's frustrating but I know acknowleding those frustrations will just make me stress eat more.  I'm trying to maintain my zen, but I'm not sure that will be possible till this challenge is over.  I have a mini vacation this week so hopefully that will help :)

Yay to saying no!  I'm working hard on putting myself first too, and it's really paying off in the sanity department.  Keep it up!  And keep your chin up!  Only 2 more weeks of the challenge and less than 6 more weeks until camp!  

• Like 1

Aw, *hugs* best of luck sticking it through til the end of the challenge.  Totally understandable to cut back on NF to focus on your schoolwork.  We'll miss you, but hopefully you'll be back once studies calm down?  Big congrats on all the progress so far!

• Like 1

Personal victory yesterday and today!  I'm leaving for a mini vacation today and have been feeling a little bit overwhelmed with all of the stuff I need to get done before we leave.  My darebee excersizes for yesterday and today were brutal and I REALLY wanted to skip both of them.  Instead I did them, they took like 20 minutes and 2 minutes respectively and now they're done and I can check that box as done.  VICTORY!  Also I have to clean my house since my mom will be staying over and watching my dog.  That's a to-do on it's own and I really didn't have time for it.  Instead of whining about it, I just started cleaning, and now.... house is clean!  Almost, I still need to vacuum.  But that's where the third and most amazing part starts.  I've been having a hard time waking up at 7 on not work days because well... ugh!  But today, even though I didn't need to be up, and even though I only got like 4 hours of sleep, and even though I have a long day ahead, I woke up at 7 and got to doing!  I did my walk, my excersize, cleanig and even recreational reading ALL BEFORE 8 AM!!!!  What?!  This is the reason that I set the sleep challenge I did.  So I could be productive in the mornings. I'm so happy to see that part coming together.  Now obviously it was easier for me to wake up today because I'm excited for my trip, but I'll take it :)

Happy-Dance.gif

• Like 2

So... Some of my teachers posted our sylabi ahead of time and that has become all consuming.  I'm going to do my best to finish out the week strong, but I'm also giving myself permission to focus on school.  So here's where I'm at. 

Fitness: 26/30 B

Nutrition: 6/6 A

Mental Fitness: 36/42 B

Life: 80% C

Total: 3.0

I'm pretty sure these are the numbers I'm going to be locked in at, assuming I don't fall off the sleep bandwagon.  I'll post the final bit next Monday :)

Welp I made it to the finish line!!  I have just enough time to give a report then I will disappear for about 3 months.  

Here's what happened:

Nutrition - Batch cooking every Sunday 6/6 (4.0)!!  I'm still doing this!  I like not cooking throughout the week, but it's a bit intense spending my two days off (Saturday and Sunday) focused almost soley on food (grocery shopping and cooking).  I've learned to unfancify my food a little to make it easier, but it's still a bear.  Then I think about cooking during the week with school, shudder and smile while I'm batch cooking :)

Fitness - Do the 30 day ab challenge from Darebee and walk daily 25/30 ( B).  I didn't make it to day 30 before the semester started :(  I don't think I'm the type of person to do something physical every. single. day.  That's just suffocating.  But it did motivate me to think about a 3 days routine for the semester!  So that's a positive take-away.

Sleep - Be in bed by 11 S-R and up by 7 M-F 33/42 ©.  I basically only did the waking up when I had to.... not gonna lie....  The going to bed one was interesting.  I did it when it convenienced me, but I definitely had the "omg my life is going to be over when school start" panic attack about half way through this challenge.  That made me want to do all of the things with my friends.  But I allowed myself to do that and I probably missed out on fly school because of this and my life quest.  I'm ok with that!

Life Quest - Have my savings account back to full by the end o the challenge.  F!!!  I totally mismanaged my money this season:(  Oh well!  Hopefully since I'm going to be so busy coming up I wont have any time to spend money :)

Over All GPA: 2.25

Weight Lost: 33 lbs

Stats possible: 3 STR, 3 CON, 3 STA and 1 WIS

Stats gained from this challenge: 2 STR, 3 CON, 1 STA

Stats gained from minis: 3 STR, 1 CHA

Congrats on finishing out the challenge!  Sounds like you learned a lot!  I had the same reaction as you about daily exercising - just not for me!  I think if you stick to 3x a week you'll do just fine.

We'll miss you around here, but have a great break, enjoy your semester, and stay strong!

• Like 1

So I was only supposed to get a new sports bra.... But fabletics had a huge labor day sale so I bought a new outfit.  I'm also going to get a sports bra..... I'm not so great at denying myself stuff, lol!