It's truuue.

@Stars -- The recipe is definitely a good one. It doesn't have that full buttery taste, but because it is a salty-sweet combo, it strokes the same palate parts. The texture is a bit more tender than a typical chocolate chip cookie, but not in a bad way. I think of it as coincidentally vegan rather than a VEGAN cookie. It's one of my "fuck, I don't have baking things like eggs or butter, but need to bake something" fallbacks.

...Is that not an emergency normal people have?

• Like 5

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

It's truuue.

@Stars -- The recipe is definitely a good one. It doesn't have that full buttery taste, but because it is a salty-sweet combo, it strokes the same palate parts. The texture is a bit more tender than a typical chocolate chip cookie, but not in a bad way. I think of it as coincidentally vegan rather than a VEGAN cookie. It's one of my "fuck, I don't have baking things like eggs or butter, but need to bake something" fallbacks.

Ahahahaha I think it's an emergency stillskies has.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

You really notice a difference in how much sleep you need depending on very heavy lifting? That's incredibly interesting and kind of cool.

Still continue to be impressed by how much you do, even baking for a friends birthday on the side. Phew. Impressed and slightly jealous.

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

It's truuue.

I'm not sure if it answers your question but it's definitely an emergency I'd have. :)

• Like 1

Obviously they are not equally difficult, but they have to give dance skills some value or no one would want to include them. 

I have no dance skills, I just needed a relevant line to post this:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Level - 3               Race - Vampire               Class - Assassin

STR 6 | DEX 7 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 6

Weight loss ( Highest weight 224lb / Current weight 186.0lb / Goal weight 175lb )

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

Previous challenges = 2 , 1

Fab. 

Ahahahaha I think it's an emergency stillskies has.

I'm not sure if it answers your question but it's definitely an emergency I'd have.  :)

My people! <3

You really notice a difference in how much sleep you need depending on very heavy lifting? That's incredibly interesting and kind of cool.

Still continue to be impressed by how much you do, even baking for a friends birthday on the side. Phew. Impressed and slightly jealous.

Oh, definiiiitely. When I was squatting every workout at near-maximal levels (when I was ramping back up after GORUCK last year) AND deadlifting on top of that, I was just dead all of the time. I HAD to sleep 8-9 hours every night or I would just not even function. My regular routine is not nearly as taxing. 

Buuut speaking of. Every one who tries to touch the sun must fall. My waxy wings melted yesterday.

Day 2.3

As mentioned previously, I did make it over to the Harvard Stadium for November Project. One of my friend's from gymnastics (my OCR-fiending race buddy) also came out for her first time, which I was super pleased to see. 34/37 sections this time. I can FEEL the full tour coming next week. I can feel it. 

Stayed a bit late at work and then met my friend for her fantastic birthday dinner at an amazing restaurant -- the same one we went to for her birthday last year. It was excellent. I somehow managed to snack AFTER I got home, despite not even being hungry. Just hit a weird mood and snacked before bed. Not happy about it.

Bonus Fitness: 1/2 [ _ U _ _ ]

Love yourself: 25/45 minutes

Procrastisnacking: +2 [4 snack, 6 adulting]

Blog: 1/2

Day 2.4

I woke up for work and started to get ready and just... couldn't. 

giphy.gif

I had all sorts of crazy stress dreams from like 5 AM - 7 AM and just decided to throw in the towel on the morning and took a sick day. I slept in until about 11:00 and it felt really, really good. When I got up, I did get some work in, but after that I rolled up my sleeves and actually started on getting things sorted in our living room.

Remember that time we moved... like 2 months ago at this point? Yeahhhhhh, my living room is still not together. With the apartment's layout, it is a room off of the kitchen/hallway rather than a room you have to pass through to get anywhere, so we've pretty much shut the door and ignored it for these past weeks. To be fair, we did only get the new furniture including a couch, table, and loveseat about a month ago, but still. Disgraceful. I spent about 2 - 2.5 hours in there, sorting through boxes, putting things in their proper places around the house, and condensing the remaining boxes. I'd say there is still a good 4-5 hours of work left, but I feel a lot better and way more on target now. I need Hubstron's help at some point to deal with the  misc. cords, cables, and excessive electronic accouterment, but we are on the right track to having a functional living room again. I want to get more work in this weekend! I counted this as like 4 points (1 point per half hour) on my adulting tracker. I didn't actually stop and MAKE anything resembling a meal, though, so everything I ate was technically snacking, which was a hit to the points I had accrued with all my good work. Oh well. :tongue:

I was rejuvenated enough to take on the outdoor xfit and gymnastics practice, but by the time the time to leave rolled around, Hubstron had just gotten home and I realized we hadn't spent any time together alone in ages and ages. We hung out and watched Wet Hot American Summer and had dinner. It was nice and I think it was a better choice. :)

Oh! Also, its the last day for one of our interns this week, so I made some going away treats -- chocolate zucchini cake bars. Not very pretty photography wise, but I'll see what I can do. There is even a lull today so I'll get these posts typed up and queued to post in the coming weeks.

Love yourself: 35/45 minutes

Procrastisnacking: +6 [8 snack, 14 adulting]

Blog: 2/2

Having my last work out at my regular gym tonight, aiming to take on a double practice at gymnastics tomorrow, and hiking with some NF crew on Sunday morning (probably with bricks in tow, but it's been a long time since I've taken on a distance like 7 miles with bricks, let alone hiking it!). Looks like an awesome weekend to come. :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

oooo i love mental health days where you catch up on sleep and chores!

WHAS! i hope it was good. no spoilers!

i'm in the middle of that 100g/day thing so if you bring your delicious baked goods near me, i might have to kick you.

:D just warning you!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

It's truuue.

I have had this emergency, but with cake, not cookies. I'm a cake kind of gal. I'd rather drive across town to the 24hr grocery store than find a different recipe, though, my cake is too good to be subbed out for something else (if I do say so myself :))

I wish there was some NP stuff going on near me. The more I learn about it, the more I think it'd be a cool thing to be a part of.

Also, your link to the NP article you posted, way up there, it didn't work, just said page not found. I plan to poke around the website to see what I can see, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Ok, you can squat like a boss and you hike with freakin' bricks. I am obviously not doing this ' challenge thing' correctly. I'm going to go lift some furniture or something....

Looked into the NP stuff. Nothing in my area but I bet I could get a group going. It would be nice to have that push when the weather starts to suck.

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

oooo i love mental health days where you catch up on sleep and chores!

WHAS! i hope it was good. no spoilers!

i'm in the middle of that 100g/day thing so if you bring your delicious baked goods near me, i might have to kick you.

:D just warning you!

I'll leave the goods at home, you spoilsport. ;)

I have had this emergency, but with cake, not cookies. I'm a cake kind of gal. I'd rather drive across town to the 24hr grocery store than find a different recipe, though, my cake is too good to be subbed out for something else (if I do say so myself :))

I wish there was some NP stuff going on near me. The more I learn about it, the more I think it'd be a cool thing to be a part of.

Also, your link to the NP article you posted, way up there, it didn't work, just said page not found. I plan to poke around the website to see what I can see, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Hahah, one specific recipe as the ONE? I get that. Totally. These emergencies usually stemming from not even knowing what I need to/want to bake until the time comes. Oh, I'll fix the link -- thanks for the heads up. They aren't quite everywhere yet, but they do keep expanding, so who knows? Maybe you'll have a local  group soon. If not, I think the mentality could be picked up and transferred anywhere if someone wanted to spearhead that kind of initiative. 

Ok, you can squat like a boss and you hike with freakin' bricks. I am obviously not doing this ' challenge thing' correctly. I'm going to go lift some furniture or something....

Looked into the NP stuff. Nothing in my area but I bet I could get a group going. It would be nice to have that push when the weather starts to suck.

Haha, nooooo, not at all. It just ain't my first rodeo here at NF, so after you get more and more challenges under your belt, things start to look a bit crazier... And yes! I bet you definitely could!!! 

Day 2.5

Hit the gym after work for my final workout at that place. My card didn't beep when I tried to swipe in so I think I technically shouldn't have been able to work out at all but no one said anything sooo I just went about my business. The back squats I did on Tuesday irritated my funky hip, so I stayed away from them and may continue to do so and just focus on front squats + split squats for a bit.

Warm-up 1.5 mile bike

Stretches

Front squats

5 x 45#

5 x 95#

5 x 115#

3 x 135#

3 x 5 x 145# 

3 x 7 x 135#

3 x 10 Good mornings w/65#

3 x 8 Single leg KB deadlifts with 35#

Bench

5 x 45#

5 x 65#

5 x 85#

3 x 105#

3 x 4 x 110#

3 x 7 x 95#

3 x 30 leg lifts lying on the bench

3 x 20 bench dips

Did not do the Away Team HIIT workout, but I did walk the 2 miles home. Tidied up a few things and snacked 0 (! yay!). Foam rolled my calves some MORE as well as my quads and IT band. Weirdly enough, my lats were sore this morning I think it might be from the front squats? Intriguing.

Love yourself: 45/45 minutes

Procrastisnacking: +8 [8 snack, 16 adulting]

Blog: 2/2

Day 2.6

Obviously the day is not yet over, but I stayed for double practice this afternoon and it was so good! I actually went to all the events for one -- even vault, which I generally avoid like the plague because of shin-splints, but hey! None today! No real reason to go over everything I did BUT, big exciting news! I did front handsprings into front layouts on the floor (onto a 4" mat) for the first time ever. Camp was onto a resi mat but this was the first time onto the floor and they weren't terrible. Omg new thing! Woo! 

Then on bars, I was able to grab the high bar FOUR TIMES on my toe-to-highs (hiccups), which I had never done before either. TWO NEW SKILLS. MWAHAHA. Obviously I have a lot of work to do before either are you know, presentable. But woooo! It's been so long since I learned new things and these two are both things I didn't do as a child gymnast so they aren't even RElearned, but brand new for me. :D

Plus round-offs on low beam were not terrifying and were surprisingly solid. More progress!

tumblr_lpbj42ex0a1qjykxzo1_500.gif

• Like 6

Raptron, alot assassin

I approve of those overhead raises - I should put something like them into my workouts when I go back to heavy-object lifting in the Autumn... I don't do anything that requires that strength yet (on bars etc.) but I'm sure it would be a useful strength gap to plug. Would be useful if I ever want to try planche moves....

It's definitely true - the body is like "hey I'm trying to repair shit like crazy, I can't do that if you're trying to be awake at the same time..." Leg days are the worst for those because they involve more muscle mass. There's also the weird dreams effect from extra cortisol, extra thirst because the muscles swell up a little... so many random effects haha.

And FHS->layout on floor is insane, I'm super impressed by and pleased for you there :D

• Like 4

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Two things; 

- front squats are way more awesome anyway

- so glad you got that 'sick' day to get some sleep and stress relieve :) looking at your next posts, sounds like it did you a world of good \o/

• Like 2

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Thanks guys!

I approve of those overhead raises - I should put something like them into my workouts when I go back to heavy-object lifting in the Autumn... I don't do anything that requires that strength yet (on bars etc.) but I'm sure it would be a useful strength gap to plug. Would be useful if I ever want to try planche moves....

Yes! Definitely! 

Two things; 

- front squats are way more awesome anyway
- so glad you got that 'sick' day to get some sleep and stress relieve  :) looking at your next posts, sounds like it did you a world of good \o/

I'm really enjoying them now that my shoulders aren't bruising as noticeably anymore. And yes, I was kind of kicking myself for not going to practice on Thursday night, but not going led me to staying for doubles on Saturday and kicking ass, so no more regret. :D

[adorable otter]

Hi Bats~! 

All the nerds and the hiking and much jealousy...

It's true, we did a thing.

Day 2.7

Courtnie Marie and I PMing about good weekends/places to go hiking turned into a pretty big hiking day for a group of local NFers + their SOs... on 8 AM on a SUNDAY MORNING at that. Who would have thought?!

b88faa619ff3d6bf2e0de9d86615587b.png

We hiked the Skyline trail at the Fells which their site calls a 6.9 mile trail, but everyone's GPS readings clocked closer to 8-9 than to 7, so who really knows. I did wind up bringing my bricks (for a~30ish lb ruck weight), which I think was a good choice because the weather was really nice and the pace we were setting was pretty casual. Hubstron (top right!) was a total trooper about it, as this was the longest hike we've done together so far and definitely the longest he's done since he left the military. Big ups for him. :D

Week 2 Summary

Goal 1. Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent

*Get out and do at least two fitness things each week that aren't just lifting or gymnastics. (Must be in different categories. Bonus points for getting a full set of 4!)

-Hiking, rucking, going out of the way to walk for errands (at least 2 miles) √

-November Project, GymnasticsWOD workout √

-Outdoor crossfit, circuit workout of some sort 

-Yoga class, outdoor yoga, yoga video at home 

2/2 

Goal 2. Love yourself

*5+ minutes of self-care (sun salutations, nail-painting, callus maintenance, foam rolling, etc.) per day -> 5/7

*45+ minutes per week -> 45/45 √

Goal 3. 5 Gs, Please

*Defeat the procrastisnacking habit of doom with a basic, visual points system on the fridge 

+1 point for every adulting task done between getting home and eating dinner -> +21

-1 point for every snack eaten between getting home and eating dinner eaten at home other than 1 "dessert" -> -9

*Try to get more points than the previous week √

Total for this week = +12 with a 2.3:1 ratio on adult:snack --> score counts as a GOOD!

Goal 4. Back rolls?!?! (Cinnamon rolls!)

*Revive the blog beyond the Bundt Bakers Club posts

*12 posts to the blog before the challenge ends --> 1 cookie bar, 1 chocolate zucchini cake this week

*Only 6 desserts can count toward this challenge goal -> 3/6 desserts so far

*5/12 for whole challenge

tumblr_n43snlgJSI1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Pretty solid week for my goals. My workouts felt a bit light through the week, but I got in two lifting sessions, 1 stadium workout, double gymnastics practice, and a nice long, weighted hike on Sunday. I also picked up two new skills at gymnastics, caught up fully on my sleep, started to tackle the monstrosity that is our living room, and had a good time with some of the local NF crew, so big ups there. :)

This week is a bit hectic schedule-wise....

M - Gymnastics

T  - CSA pick-up + new D&D group 

W - November Project stairs

Th - Ice Cream & Craft Beer Fest (Yassssss)

F - Lifting

S - Gymnastics practice + subbing to teach intermediate class

Su - Lifting + subbing to teach beginner class

I'd love to try to get in SOMETHING on Tuesday and/or Thursday, but I find trying to get into the gym before work really really stressful, plus this would be my first week working out at the Y, so I'm really not sure how long it will take compared to my old place and when the busy times are. That said, at home workouts/circuit workouts are definitely an option... We'll see!

• Like 7

Raptron, alot assassin

Oh, also, this isn't me but this is a front handspring + front layout for context:

I think I posted a video of a toes-to-high somewhere previously. Now I just have to get ME doing them. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

That's quite a gathering of NFers.  I'm glad you had so much fun, and I'm really impressed that you carried an extra 30 lbs on a 9 mile hike.  

You're going to an Ice Cream and Craft Beer fest?  That sounds both incredibly awesome and incredibly dangerous, all at the same time.  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

hubstron did awesome! so glad he came and i hope we did scare him off future events :D

good looking week ahead - totally jealous of the beer/ice cream fest!

Oh, also, this isn't me but this is a front handspring + front layout for context:

I think I posted a video of a toes-to-high somewhere previously. Now I just have to get ME doing them. :)

you do this?! you're amazing. also i didn't realize you taught gymnastics sometimes too! that'd be a cool thing to offer at camp.

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Looks like you guys had a totally awesome hike!!!! Mad jelly!

A great end to a great week!

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads