The end is upon us!

Abel Nightroad - Power Output 3/3

Walk:       NA

Squat:     NA

OHP:       NA

BP:          NA

Deadlift:  NA

Chins:     1x3

The hit parade: bending down to pick up laundry is uncomfortables due to thighs of stiffness

The minute i realized I'd forgotten to do chins yesterday, I did them today. Otherwise, today is pretty quiet on the power front.

Esther Blanchett - Persistent Dedication 6/7

Calories (2150-2650) - NA

I'm currently sitting at 1500 calories as of writing this, I anticipate clearing the quota since we're going out to eat someplace more familiar this time.

Tres Iqus - Service and Maintenance 7/7, 4/1

In Bed - 10:00~

Wake - 9:30

Rating - 5

I got in bed early last night, didn't turn the light off for a while because I was reading, then I finally rolled over to go to sleep and...didn't for a long while. Ugh. Sleep fail. I'm feeling okay in spite of this so far. There are a lot of lessons to take away from all of this...analysis incoming.

Foam roll - 4/1

Extensive rolling of thighs and glutes with PVC and foam, just to make sure the extensive part of the rolling doesn't result in bruises and additional soreness, lol.

WEEK 6 DEBRIEF

Abel Nightroad - Power Output 3/3 - A

Walk:      3

Squat:     136 > 139

OHP:       52 > 60

BP:          75

Deadlift: 182.5 > 185

Chins:    1x3 - 6 days 

Some crazy gains in the OHP department, otherwise some pretty reliable increases that I shall not take for granted--for who knows how long they'll last? Deadlifted in flat Converses and I liked it.

Esther Blanchett - Persistent Dedication 6/7  - B

AVG Cals/Day - 2250

This is somewhat of an estimate given Day 7 is a projection. I will return and edit as necessary. All the same, not terrible given my Saturday stumble.

Tres Iqus - Service and Maintenance 7/7, 4/1 - A+

Typically In Bed - 10:40PM

Typically Wake - 6:00AM

AVG Rating - 4

Such a strong week in the energy department overall, even considering I modified my wake-up time during the weekday, which is super painful for me to do. The bed's still working well for me so far and I'm hoping a new bed frame will happen soon....

Foam roll - 4/1

Crushed the rolling. Crushed it.

Week 6 was all set to top Week 5, but then Saturday happened. I killed my lifts and foam rolling, rocked steady energy most of the week, no napping, and no wonky sleeping patterns during the work week at least. 2400 seems to be holding me at 112lbs....as long as I actually, you know, hit 2400 calories. In spite of the minor stumbles, overall Week 6 deserves an...

A

Challenge Wrap-up and Analysis incoming!

CHALLENGE WRAP-UP!!!

tumblr_m4akmyEclF1rq210co1_500.gif

This was a really, really powerful challenge, and I'm so glad it's finally done!

Before                                            After

Weight: 110.4 lbs                           Weight: 111.4 lbs (+1 lb)

Waist: 24.5"                                    Waist: 24.5" (NA)

Hips: 33.6"                                      Hips: 33.3" (-.3")

Biceps(L/R): 10.3"/10.5"                 Biceps(L/R): 10.3"/10.5" (NA/NA)

Thighs(L/R): 20.8"/20.9"                 Thighs (L/R): 21.5"/21.1" (+.7"/+.2")

Calves(L/R): 12.4"/12.3"                 Calves(L/R): 12.3"/12.1" (-.1"/-.2")

I was actually kind of surprised at the results at first, but then decided my slashing calorie target by 100 is the reason for this--I can lose weight like it's going out of fashion. An interesting speculation to carry into the next challenge. I don't have pics today, because my photographer was gone in the morning.

Anywho, analysis time: Increase in weight was the goal of the challenge until Week 6. Hips shrank due to bloat disappearing, more than likely, but my waist size didn't move. Huh. Well, guess most of the weight I gained went to thighs...*shrugs*

Abel Nightroad - Power Output - A,A,A,B,A,A

The Facts:

Here are the numbers, I think they speak for themselves:

Squat:     122 > 139

OHP:       45 > 60

BP:          72 > 75

Deadlift:  162.5 > 185

Chins:     2x5 on smith machine > 1x3 at home pullup bar

I have obtained new gear, I tore a callus for the first time, my knee issues resolved themselves, I went to Texas on three of the four lifts, and saw some crazy gains all the way around! A very eventful quest, I must say.

Lesson(s) Learned: 

Holy cow, so many lessons learned here.

1. The proper equipment for the job is indispensable--lifting with a belt feels stronger than not, squat shoes don't help deadlifts at all, and a pullup bar is good for grip and overall upper body strength training (see OHP numbers)

2. Proper form is rather important--knee position prevents knee pain,a "looser" grip positions the bar more on the fingers for deadlift, which avoids improper callus formation on palms

3. Texas Method is great!

Esther Blanchett - Persistent Dedication  - A,A,A,A,A,B

The Facts:

Average Calories Per Week - 2443

Given I changed from 2500 to 2400 as my target on Week 6, this is pretty darn good!

Lesson(s) Learned: 

1. Bulking time is over, now is the time to begin finding my maintenance.

2. 2400 calories = 112lbs BW, more or less

3. Less milk is more

4. Chocolate makes a good shim for caloric goals, bad to do often

Tres Iqus - Service and Maintenance - A+,A,A+,A,A+,A+

The Facts:

Weeks 1-3 were spent fighting major sleep dysfunction, Week 4 slightly improved on the previous weeks, and Weeks 5 and 6 saw improvements by leaps and bounds. I typically got 1-2 foam roll sessions in a week, with 4 on Week 6.

Lesson(s) Learned: 

1. Melatonin is your friend, especially on Sunday

2. Milk is not to be drunk after 8, water after 9

3. Your mattress and/or bedframe sucked

4. Coffee?

5. Lotion is good to prevent dryness and itching, who knew? Seriously, 2xday moisturizing keeps these things at bay.

6. Getting out of bed at 6:00 won't kill you and will help you get to work with less traffic drama.

I had a few stumbles here and there, but overall this challenge comes up Aces!

LEVELING UP!

STR+3, DEX+3, STA+0, CON+2, WIS+6, CHA+1

AM Bonus stats: STR+4*, STA+1,CHA+1

*Edited because I forgot I get 3 stat points for helping Weapons and Shields out

Level 7

STR:29 | DEX:6 | STA:7 | CON:20 | WIS:26 | CHA:21

See you all in the battle logs!

• Like 4

Thanks, guys! This really was a good one for all of us, we learned a lot with each of our challenges, and can't wait to start the next one. 

• Like 1

LOVE THE GAINS! Love the lessons. I squealed in delight at that recent workout with PRs across all three lifts.

Conversation on the last page re: stereotypes is already over cause your challenge is done, but I will say the Boston stereotypes are surprisingly accurate pretty much all the time -- accents, sports love, drinking, general assholish-ness, horrible drivers, etc... ;)

• Like 1

LOVE THE GAINS! Love the lessons. I squealed in delight at that recent workout with PRs across all three lifts.

Conversation on the last page re: stereotypes is already over cause your challenge is done, but I will say the Boston stereotypes are surprisingly accurate pretty much all the time -- accents, sports love, drinking, general assholish-ness, horrible drivers, etc... ;)

ALL OF THE GAINS. ALL OF THEM. It was a pretty strong finish for the lifts, yes? Maybe if I tried harder, this would happen more...hm....

I think we all have a story about things that are/are not true re: stereotypes. A single city stands a better chance of being portrayed correctly by a stereotype than multiple states lumped together, methinks.