Momma Honeybadger (5 points)

DlOyVRJ.gif

I want to be able to complete the entire mommy boot camp exercise list, so that requires GOING to my boot camp workouts twice a week. :) I also want to fit in some yoga, so it'd be nice if I can find time once a week to do a DVD while hubby takes on baby for me. Yoga is far less likely to happen, so the points weight falls more on boot camp.

1/12 Boot Camp Workouts (STR 3 points STA 1 point)

8.3%
8.3%

0/6 Yoga Workouts (STA 1 points)

0%
0%

What the hell are Macros? (3 points)

PatrickEating.gif

Read a book about weight training and macros and develop a plan. Taking recommendations! (WIS 3 Points)

Go the Fuck to Sleep (4 points)

19242543114_de4e7d2f23_n.jpg

Establish a steady bedtime routine with baby boy to encourage sleeping well for both of us. Better to do it now than to wait until I go back to work in August. #ThatTeacherLife (CHA 2 Points)

Related, drink less coffee. That 28 oz of coffee is affecting the kid via the boob. I need to drink like 12-14 oz instead. (STA 2 points)

Paleo Noms (3 Points)

19839095136_1e16d39c78_o.jpg

Not just cooking paleo, but getting some paleo canning/preserving underway while the produce is summer-fresh. (CON 3) This will be about finding recipes for fruit and veggie preserves without adding a load of sugar or other refined ingredients.

1/3 adventures in paleo canning undertaken (CON 3 Points)

33.3%
33.3%

Possible recipes to try:

• Blueberry Preserves Made Without Pectin or Sugar This may be my first experiment because Texas blueberries are amazing right now so it's a good time to do it. If a first batch works, then I will make go back and make enough to put away a few pints of it. Because omg, Texas blueberries right now! This recipe happens to have no pectin, which is a fiber taken from plants used to make jellies gel. Pectin seems to be considered ok on the Paleo diet, and I just want to note I chose this recipe for its ease not for the lack of pectin. If anything, the no-sugar is the big allure here. 
    See the attempt here.
  • Like 2

Texas Mom of Boys, Druid Chick

From one Honeybadger to another...love your goals!!!  Here to follow along. I can't wait to hear about canning. I have been wanting to try it out for years but have been a little intimidated. 

• Like 1

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

I bought all the canning gear for water canning, so I just need ingredients and a cooperative infant.

I already fubarred and ate out like 4 meals in three days, so I'm all bloated from restaurant food. I had no energy left to cook after dealing with colic and a constantly hungry baby. Finally yesterday I went googling and was reading up on rice cereal, and I'm putting baby rice cereal in his formula now and that is helping with the fussyness and the spit up, so hopefully I will have some relief and he'll relax a bit and I can cook. I gained back my losses from the week before. Ugh. Time to get into the challenge tomorrow and really focus. What's worse is I gave into having a dessert and now my sugar demon is back, so I'm trying to get myself to paint instead of eat when I feel the sugar cravings. (pending baby will let me get to the easel, but he does love watching as long as I hold him. He gets all giggly, not sure if he sees that I'm painting a picture of him or not.)

Going to boot camp with an infant is hard as he took some of my workout time away from being a fussy butt. However, the night has ended with my body sore and my infant asleep, so all is well. Did not complete the list but worked as much as Ethan let me.

20066084042_7043f3cc05_n.jpg

• Like 1

Poured a second cup of coffee (a big mug, the 12oz one) and then remember that when I skipped coffee entirely yesterday and nursed Ethan in the mid morning, he proceeded to sleep for two hours. Today I gave him a bottle mid morning instead of breast (which would be a little caffeinated) and he slept AGAIN. So yes, as I suspected, my baby who hates to nap is actually just caffeinated.

I actually poured a second cup without thinking, then remembered the naptime, and dumped it. #willpower

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wey5uoN68zU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrrgSbuBoIg

http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/05/blueberry-preserves-made-without-pectin.html

20161947071_98947db6a0.jpg

Easy, and just took a bit longer than expected to cook enough to set properly. Tastes fantastic! I didn't do proper water canning because I only had one jar.

This is something I could triple the recipe and make a bunch of 4oz or 2oz jars for gifting.

• Like 2