Princess Pineapple Survives the Zombie Apocalypse Pt 2

Holy Cow...that is incredible!!!  I have been running longer and can't do what you did pace wise, yet.  You are doing amazing and nailing those goals!

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Oh my God! Miss Brahms. I nearly died laughing at that. I should make Mrs Slocombe with coloured hair and a pussy!

I ate about 3000 calories yesterday. I don't care, it was amazing. I'm still hitting my goals for the week.

I woke early for a run this morning and decided to run the course for the planned 5km race I four weeks time.

Rather than run at my usual 7.5 minute/km pace, I pushed myself and ran a bit faster for the first 2km. My first km was in 6:35 and my second 7:14. I slowed to usual natural pace for 1.5km, did an even slower pace for the next 0.5km (because I was really hot) and then upped my speed again for the last kilometre. I completed 5km in 37:37. This is great. I now know that I can run the distance and I have 4 weeks to improve my time and age grade (40.9%).

I'm really happy because my Garmin now shows my fastest mile, fastest kilometre, longest race and 5km record all for today. It will be 11 weeks tomorrow since I first started running. I wouldn't have believed that I could achieve this.

7.5 minutes a KM is pretty damn good and a great achievement  after 11 weeks, congratulations.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

He spoke today about going to the gym when we go home. He said we'd work out a routine so he could go on set nights. I said I'd work around him but in retrospect, I should give him set nights to go so that he can't use the "I'll go tomorrow " excuse.

Although I don't a significant other sadly, I do have coworkers that I am attempting to get running more (I'm a bit of an introvert, but when I find friends, I want to share ALOT!)  "I'll go tomorrow" is used a lot, and it's hard to argue when we work 14 hours a day!  I may have had some success is trading hobbies.  One coworker is considering running with me if I go horseback riding with her.

• Like 1

Level 3 wood elf  Class Scout

Challenges: 1, 2, Current

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

Although I don't a significant other sadly, I do have coworkers that I am attempting to get running more (I'm a bit of an introvert, but when I find friends, I want to share ALOT!)  "I'll go tomorrow" is used a lot, and it's hard to argue when we work 14 hours a day!  I may have had some success is trading hobbies.  One coworker is considering running with me if I go horseback riding with her.

That sounds like a great idea. However I can't see my husband being amused by me offering to be player 2. I am the World's Worst Gamer.

7.5 minutes a KM is pretty damn good and a great achievement  after 11 weeks, congratulations.

You're doing so well indeed! :) I find running can be really rewarding. In terms of improvement and specifically for me - who started out finding a jog to the bus exhausting - just the way you described it, being able to do something you always thought you couldn't.

Holy Cow...that is incredible!!!  I have been running longer and can't do what you did pace wise, yet.  You are doing amazing and nailing those goals!

Congrats! I'm glad you're feeling accomplished... you should!!

Happy elevenweekversary

Thank you all.

It's nice to read that my pace is ok. I haven't worried about it too much until now. I'm one of the slower runners in my group, I've always been happy to complete.

Perhaps this is the fault of the C25k which is about running for 30minutes but implies that it's 5km in 30mins. I always felt that, for a beginner, a 6min/km is unreal. It's going to be a while, if ever, until I'm there!

• Like 3

I think there are different flavours of C25K. The Zombies Run one gets you out running and walking for about 45-50 minutes. I think the speed you're doing is excellent, especially for a new runner. 30 min for a 5k is definitely going to be beyond most people's reach after 11 weeks apart from people who are already annoyingly young and fit before they even start. It's a good next step though - fast but reasonably attainable and not a bad target to aim for after c25k if you want to start increasing your speed.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I think there are different flavours of C25K. The Zombies Run one gets you out running and walking for about 45-50 minutes. I think the speed you're doing is excellent, especially for a new runner. 30 min for a 5k is definitely going to be beyond most people's reach after 11 weeks apart from people who are already annoyingly young and fit before they even start. It's a good next step though - fast but reasonably attainable and not a bad target to aim for after c25k if you want to start increasing your speed.

I wasn't young or fit unfortunately. i'm working on the fitness though.

I did another 5km tonight, and ran it in 36:21. I pushed the first 2km, 6:59 and 6:56, the third kilometre was uphill and I managed that in 7:37, final 2km were 7:35 and 7:14. At the moment I can't see me ever getting sub 30 minutes, but every time I run I think I won't do it!

Runs for this week are Thursday and Saturday. I might go to the gym tomorrow. I've not been for a while. It's not easy with the children off school.

Meals are all planned for the rest of the week. Paleo heaven! I realised that I only had one Blow out day last week and stayed under calories 6 days. I hope it's reflected in the scales! I bought a pair of UK size 10 jeans last week. I can't remember the last time I bought size 10s!

• Like 2

Crushing it! And look - you ran this one a minute faster than the last one, so you're obviously making progress. And smaller jeans are always nice to buy. Excellent work, my fruity friend!

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

That sounds like a great idea. However I can't see my husband being amused by me offering to be player 2. I am the World's Worst Gamer.

Hmm. Well that does make that difficult. Maybe he could coach you! All the games I got good at was though many hours of practice. Maybe reward the gym with some video game time after?
  • Like 1

Perhaps this is the fault of the C25k which is about running for 30minutes but implies that it's 5km in 30mins. I always felt that, for a beginner, a 6min/km is unreal. It's going to be a while, if ever, until I'm there!

I totally agree, C25K sets sort of unrealistic goals - you really have to choose to either run for the time or the distance as a beginner. I'm somewhere between 9 and 10 minutes per km, so I'm really impressed with your pace!

• Like 2

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

I need pineapple jeans in my life. Right now!

I need some help. I am so unmotivated today.

Running is ok. I'm on target for that.

Strength training is ok too, but that's pushing it. I copped out of the gym last night and didn't do any at home. (Counts as a rest day then). I'm considering a personal trainer to motivate me a bit. If I've got an appointment with someone then I'm committed, aren't I?

But food...ARGH!!!! I want to eat everything. I've planned my main meals really well. Lots of nice paleo meals, lean meats and vegs. I've tried new recipes and they've all been good. Although Last night's chicken was nice but not work the prep, I should've just roasted it. I'm craving all the other times though. I'm not hungry or thirsty, I just want food and I don't know why. I'm eating cold meats, fruit, salads, high protein yogurts and the old bit of nut butter through the day and hitting just under 1600 cals. I don't know what else to do.

I need pineapple jeans in my life. Right now!

I need some help. I am so unmotivated today.

Running is ok. I'm on target for that.

Strength training is ok too, but that's pushing it. I copped out of the gym last night and didn't do any at home. (Counts as a rest day then). I'm considering a personal trainer to motivate me a bit. If I've got an appointment with someone then I'm committed, aren't I?

But food...ARGH!!!! I want to eat everything. I've planned my main meals really well. Lots of nice paleo meals, lean meats and vegs. I've tried new recipes and they've all been good. Although Last night's chicken was nice but not work the prep, I should've just roasted it. I'm craving all the other times though. I'm not hungry or thirsty, I just want food and I don't know why. I'm eating cold meats, fruit, salads, high protein yogurts and the old bit of nut butter through the day and hitting just under 1600 cals. I don't know what else to do.

avocados and olives

tasty things that add calories when you need them -- excellent with everything or stand alone

were you a snacker before implementing paleo? sometimes reintroducing a snack or two helps subside some of the craving to eat -- or adding in a tea or coffee just for something different to drink (if you do not already)?

disclaimer -- I do not eat paleo, but I do try to eat clean (less processed and sugar ridden) 

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Drink more water. If you can drink a cup or two of water (I think cold works best, but IDK), it can help with immediate cravings. It has a great ability to make you feel your stomach's mass. It's like water doesn't stretch the stomach. Maybe it does, I have no clue. But that's how it feels to me. Perhaps water will work for you!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I'm always worried about using words that the U.S. Contingent might not understand or use in a different context.

Imagine all the terrible things that words could mean.  I was a supervisor at a camp, and at the time "ginger" was considered pretty offensive, but this Irish lifeguard called everyone gingers!  She didn't mean anything mean, but a few people were a little angry....

• Like 1

Ginger? What? Seriously?

But yeah, reminds me of when I was a camp* counsellor in South Dakota and there was a German guy there who had learned a lot of his colloquial English from watching American movies and he'd somehow formed the idea that "fuck you" meant "be quiet". The first time he told one of the kids to be quiet it caused quite a stir...

*=and to clear up any possible misunderstanding, that's a noun, not an adjective

• Like 5

avocados and olives

tasty things that add calories when you need them -- excellent with everything or stand alone

were you a snacker before implementing paleo? sometimes reintroducing a snack or two helps subside some of the craving to eat -- or adding in a tea or coffee just for something different to drink (if you do not already)?

disclaimer -- I do not eat paleo, but I do try to eat clean (less processed and sugar ridden) 

Drink more water. If you can drink a cup or two of water (I think cold works best, but IDK), it can help with immediate cravings. It has a great ability to make you feel your stomach's mass. It's like water doesn't stretch the stomach. Maybe it does, I have no clue. But that's how it feels to me. Perhaps water will work for you!

Thanks both! I think I was just having a whinging day. I can control it and just need to tell myself I'm not hungry or thirsty when I know I'm not.

Wednesday I stayed within calories, but yesterday I totally blew it. No regrets as we were celebrating my eldest son's exam results. he did really well.

I also did a short run yesterday morning. It was 30 minutes but not as far as usual as I went with an old friend who is much slower than me. It was nice to catch up with her as I haven't seen her for a few months. I came home and did my strength training too.

• Like 1

Friday was a good day. Under calorie goal and a BBWW at home.

Today is an amazing day!!!

It's a no calorie count day so I have a massive curry planned with all the trimmings tonight, which the husband is cooking. What a sweetie! I bought some scones and clotted cream for later. I will probably suffer later.

I went on my first ever Parkrun today. They are 5km runs set up by volunteers and run every Saturday at 9am. They are held all across the UK and spreading internationally from what I can gather. My main goal was to finish and complete without walking or stopping. I managed that and finished in 34:33. I am so happy!

• Like 6

I went on my first ever Parkrun today. They are 5km runs set up by volunteers and run every Saturday at 9am. They are held all across the UK and spreading internationally from what I can gather. My main goal was to finish and complete without walking or stopping. I managed that and finished in 34:33. I am so happy!

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

Good job! I follow a lot of UK / New Zealand running blogs and they all rave about Parkruns. There aren't too many in the US yet, sadly... 

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

It's a no calorie count day so I have a massive curry planned with all the trimmings tonight, which the husband is cooking. What a sweetie! I bought some scones and clotted cream for later. I will probably suffer later.

Wow you are continuing to do a fantastic job!  So inspiring!  Congrats on you for first parkrun

• Like 1

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Instagram

"...You must always keep the star in your heart
shining strong to defeat the dark and evil souls." - Queen Serenity

You are totally kicking butt!  Nice job!

• Like 1

Follow me on Strava or Garmin Connect

"My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already."
--Milton Berle