Pat G's battle log. Hammer Bros workout.

Mon 20 Aug 2012.

Squats: 3x5x92.5kgs, Taking 2 mins rest between each set, feeling the strain now.

OHP: 3x5x65kgs, my triceps, right near my elbows are buuurning.

Deadlift: 60, 80, 100, 120, 5x130kg All good.

Gave a guy a hint on his squat while we worked in with eachother.

Foods; big tin of baked beans, protein shake, and a chicken & cheese pide. Still hungry.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

I'm having to rest it, no squatting tomorrow. Pulled up with a bit of pain yesterday arvo, its not my old pain on the side of my knee, i'm now getting it above my patella and underneath it. I think it may be time to find a sports medicine man instead of the general practicioner.

And man... sorry to make you hungry, but i just had 4 eggs scrambled + a bunch of grapes :P

Well you've eaten by now so you'll be right mate.

Wednesday 22 Aug

Rows: 5x5x67.5kg. First 2 1/2 done overhand, then switched. Probably cheating by doing this.

Bench: @90kg: 5, 4, 5. Used a different bench for the 1st two... i now loathe that bench, its low to the ground, and countoured and slightly inclined.... *

Cleans: 4x3x67.5kg All okay, light headed after these.

*Bench rant continued: So i had to Roll of Shame on the 5th rep of the 2nd set... jeeez first time i've had to do this at such a weight. I may upload a pic i took of the red bar line across my sternum. and do you know the reason i was using this other bench? because some other guys were using the one i like as a recliner. He shuffled off to leg press, so i shifted my weights across, gave myself 3 minutes rest.

Called a bloke over to spot, and pumped out the reps so easy i thought he was pulling it up. Mind you... *suspicous eyes* he did have his hands/fingers ont he bar pulling it up towards my neck...

tl:dr have to do bench again on monday COME ON!!!!

/rant

Foods: subway + shake + an Orange + maybe a Cherry ripe.

Friday 24 Aug

Squats: 3x5x95kg. Easy as pie... perhaps a ripe, taxed by the end

OHP: @67.5kg: 5, 4. And nothing. no more

Deadlifts: 5x60, 5x100, 5x120, 5x135kg. Grip starting to fail towards the end.

Note: going to start taking shakes before and after training, seems to help me instead of these half half training sessions these week.

What's goin in your shake mate?

Also missed your propa run write up. Looks like you could actually take a good chunk off just running the thing all proper-like. You can start out a *little* faster than normal pace when you start, but get yourself down to a maintainable pace after about 30 seconds. Shouldn't start up any heavy breathing until around the 1st k done. Pull up your pace over the last 400m, but you can't save a bad run in the last bit.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Monday 27 aug 2012

Squat: 3x5x97.5kg. One of each plate loaded on each side, nice and pretty.

Bench: @90kg: 5, 5, 3. Absolutely putrid.

Chins/dips: 3, 3

Ran out of time, was training a work mate, little to no rest except for queuing him and watching his sets. Didn't get to complete rows OR cleans.

Foods: Chevaps eggs + carrots & water + multiple fruits.

Just ran 400m as calculated by Google maps. There and back again to the end of my street. 1:23 was the time. Not so confident in Google's key on the map as that felt easier than it should have. Now to Google what a decent time is. Taking maybe 5 seconds off for going around a tree.

Edit: Michael Johnson did it in 43 second. LOL. Definitely didn't leave it all on the footpath like he did.

The idea for 400m for ruggers is consistancy. Once you can get under a minute running it like 5 times in a row (with short ~1min breaks), you're golden.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

But i wanted an elephant stamp!

I reckon i could cut that time down by the end of this challenge, this was more a fast lope than a sprint, cold out my front door timed as i ran past my driveway, just to stretch out my legs after being hunched over the laptop for a couple of hours.

WEDNESDAY 29 AUG 2012

No squat day

Rows: 3x5x70kg. Overhand Underhand.

OHP: 3x5x67.5kg Had to get the rage on to get this done. Summoning the angels.

Deadlift: 8x40kg, 5x60kg, 3x80kg, 2x100kg, 5x120kg, 5x140kg. Grip was good all the way.

Foods: pre training shake, post training shake, 5 slices of home made pizza... well i might stop at 4.