• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dancezwithkittehz

dancezwithkittehz , down the rabbit hole

Aww thanks guys!  I had such an awesome week last week!!! I am determined to keep it up! :)

Yesterday I discovered that replacing a normal screen with petscreen can be a pretty good full body workout;  petscreen is waaaaay thicker so I had to use my whole weight to push it into the frame. And I accidentally cut it too small the first round and had to do it AGAIN. So yeah.. rest day wasn't all rest, but mostly!

WOOO OFFICIAL CHALLENGE DAY 1!!

cheshire-cat.png

• Like 3

Oh oh oh! And I forgot to add that my left calf actually touched the ground when working on splits on Friday! Milestone!!!

Of course I also have giant muscular calves, but still, it touched the ground!!! Just on the left side (my left side is always more flexible than the right hip. I blame the 10+ hours of driving a week!)

• Like 2

Aww thanks guys!  I had such an awesome week last week!!! I am determined to keep it up! :)

Yesterday I discovered that replacing a normal screen with petscreen can be a pretty good full body workout;  petscreen is waaaaay thicker so I had to use my whole weight to push it into the frame. And I accidentally cut it too small the first round and had to do it AGAIN. So yeah.. rest day wasn't all rest, but mostly!

WOOO OFFICIAL CHALLENGE DAY 1!!

cheshire-cat.png

And here i am!!!!

Wooohoooo!!!

Calves on the ground, i so did that when i was younger!!!

calf-thrown-on-ground-2.gif

Enjoy the challenge!!!

• Like 2

Now for some aerialspiration (aerial inspiration) for my corde lisse piece for the showcase:

(Trying to find dark and dramatic aerial choreography. On rope/corde lisse especially but anything to give me character creation ideas!)

• Like 1

DAY 1

Goal 1 - Do the "scary" stuff (aerial skills): success so far. I worked on a drop last night (I didn't quite get it, but baby steps!) I also made progress on getting down crochet climb (for goal of get down one. It wasn't pretty but I did manage to climb up one step!

Goal 2, Choreography! - success! I had to go back to the drawing board for aerial choreo since one of the class groups was already doing a Hunger Games piece. submitted a new idea and crossing fingers she approves it!

Goal 3, coding and ear training - yes! 1/3 for the week so far

Goal 4, Chase rabbits - not yet!

LIFE Goal - Debt Paydown - not yet (payday weds!)

LIFE Goal -re-arrange batcave - baby steps! I'm trying to purge a few things every day. I cleaned up my pile o' projects and stuff on the living room table

I was pretty mopey about not being able to do my original choreography idea, buuuut I think I came up with a good one that will work. My new idea is to do Gravity and use the theme song (well, 2 minutes of it! It's one of those 10 minute instrumentals.) I'd use hammock as the apparatus and the choreography idea would be lots and lots of spinning, both having the hammock spin on it's point as well as have me doing "spinning" type choreography around the hammock. I'm thinking going for a very trapped and panicky feel to the choreography. It's less of a narrative than the other one would have been but I know I will be able to make this one look really cool and weird at least. Crossing fingers she OKs it!

In other news we totally did hip-hop aerial on the silks last night complete with lots and lots of booty popping. Lolololol.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a bit of a rest from challenge-y thing for some good Universal Studios fun with my mom and 16 year old cousin visiting from out of state.

The rides were cool and all but my favorite thing was that you can do a photo op with someone in a Megatron suit and he pretty much heckles all the people taking pictures with him:

I WANT THAT JOB SO BAD!

• Like 2

Yesterday was a bit of a rest from challenge-y thing for some good Universal Studios fun with my mom and 16 year old cousin visiting from out of state.

The rides were cool and all but my favorite thing was that you can do a photo op with someone in a Megatron suit and he pretty much heckles all the people taking pictures with him:

I WANT THAT JOB SO BAD!

That is hilaramaze.

Except the part where it would be soooooooooooooo hot.

• Like 2

Day 4

Goal 1 - Do the "scary" stuff (aerial skills): more of this happening Day 5!

Goal 2, Choreography! - success!

Goal 3, coding and ear training - yes! 2/3 for the week so far. Working through my command line flash cards

Goal 4, Chase rabbits - done!  I ran at lunch around the lagoon. And just when I was going into my cool down and was going to walk I ran into a friend of mine who had 10 more min of running to do so I joined her!  I still can't run straight through the whole loop but my times are so much faster than last time I was trying to run back in January/February! I did two 14 min ish miles and I was maxing out around 16-17 min last time I did this. Improvement!!!

LIFE Goal - Debt Paydown - Yes! I made a few big payments on payday (although a little less than I'd like because my car payment was due, but that's important too!)

LIFE Goal -re-arrange batcave - Progress is being made! I've decided I will also include just any cleaning in general on this. I am working on the adulting PVP and I've gotten at least part of my daily cleaning goals done every day since then! ( I didn't get everything each day, but seeing as I used to do pretty much NOTHING on the cleaning front I am pretty proud that I've wiped down a different bathroom surface every day this week!)

• Like 1

Day 7/ Week 1 Summary

tumblr_myz3dsm1Ct1to2ewvo2_500.gif

Goal 1 - Do the "scary" stuff (aerial skills): I'm going to count this as done even if I didn't do much in Saturday class (worked my butt off on both classes on Friday!) I tried lots of new thing even if I didn't succeed at all of them (curse you candy cane to back balance to archer. Why do I keep not quite getting that final turn right?) We also learned a really interesting new way to pull over into the hammock (you put one arm out straight on one side, and then pull the other corner around your shoulders like you are putting on a shirt, then you put your weight on the ended arm/ grab with the hand that pulled the bit around your other shoulder. If you are successful you tuck up high enough to double knee hook your legs onto the side with the extended arm. You pull out that arm and grab on both edges of the opening and flop out with your full body into the open hammock.

Goal 2, Choreography! - success!

Goal 3, coding and ear training - Done! I only did 3 days this week and not every day. (2 days coding work, 1 day ear training)

Goal 4, Chase rabbits - done!

LIFE Goal - Debt Paydown - progress!

LIFE Goal -re-arrange batcave - More progress! I did a lot of cleaning yesterday and some decluttering (although not as much as I planned. More today!

Yesterday was meant to be a cleaning day, but my brief excursion for hair cut and then "swinging by" the gay bar next door to see my friends turned into a nearly all day long drunkfest and shenanigans. So many shenanigans! I won a limbo contest! And didn't stay completely soaked the whole day (just mostly.) So glad I swung by the beach party day and saw lots of dear friends I don't see often enough these days!

• Like 3

Oh oh oh. Totally forgot!  My dancer footlocks are getting so much better! I think the motion is finally in my muscle memory now. And that's also part of why I was too tired to do any normal footlocks on Saturday because I did dancer footlocks like 10 times the day before! Wooo! (It was in a beginner class so I wasn't allowed to climb up and do them. That will happen tomorrow hopefully!)

• Like 2

so many wins!!! 

Your enthusiams is awesome and now I want to aerial silks of course, haha and ropes and ALL the shiny things *very happy sigh*

Congratulations on a smashing week 1!!!! 

DOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIT!!  :D   You do pole, right? YOU MUST TRY AERIAL! :)

Day 8 (Week 2, Day 1!)

tumblr_m8h5qy5rsI1qeveb1o1_500.gif

Goal 1 - Do the "scary" stuff (aerial skills): In progress/ success for Monday classes!  I finally made myself do an ankle hang you guys!  I of course also ungracefully could not get myself back up out of said ankle hang without a friend helping because my abs were mush >.< but I DID IT. And I did double foot locks up in the air. (Not dancer foot locks, which I meant to get around to, but nonetheless.) My inverted straddles are getting so much better! And I am finally getting a solid invert and then hooking the leg up high enough that I should be able to actually climb soon!

200.gif

Goal 2, Choreography! - Success! I started working on my new choreography idea for the showcase. The teacher approved my idea do to a hammock piece and to use the movie Gravity as my movie choice. Which means lots and lots of spinning. SO much spinning. ALL THE SPINNING. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (I love spinning, but my tummy does not.) My agenda for the next month is to work on intentionally making myself dizzy every day in order to survive spinning for 2 minutes during the showcase.

Goal 3, coding and ear training - In progress (1 out of 3 so far)!  I worked on coding some on Monday.

Goal 4, Chase rabbits - not yet. Run is planned for Thursday!

LIFE Goal - Debt Paydown - still counting this as done. I can only actually make actual payments on this biweekly and I did last week so yay.

LIFE Goal -re-arrange batcave - I did so much organizing on Sunday! I'm proud of my progress on this, but still so much farther to go!

200.gif

Goal 2, Choreography! - Success! I started working on my new choreography idea for the showcase. The teacher approved my idea do to a hammock piece and to use the movie Gravity as my movie choice. Which means lots and lots of spinning. SO much spinning. ALL THE SPINNING. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (I love spinning, but my tummy does not.) My agenda for the next month is to work on intentionally making myself dizzy every day in order to survive spinning for 2 minutes during the showcase.

Hats off to you, girl.  The very thought of this is making me nauseous.  GOOD LUCK.

• Like 1

Hats off to you, girl.  The very thought of this is making me nauseous.  GOOD LUCK.

The slow spinning I am doing pretty OK with these days but fast spinning...blaaaargh! Just need to build up my tolerance or something. I'm going to try to build fast and slow spins into the choreography (and the bit my teacher just threw together for me has both!)

• Like 2

You are tearing through this challenge!  Every time you post you have some new, amazing skill that you have learned and/or mastered!

m

I cannot even fathom the idea of intentionally making myself dizzy.  I really do feel a little sick imagining all that spinning.  Maybe you should grab some friends and go to an amusement park for "practice".  Or find a place that rents those hamster balls for humans and get inside one of those! :)

Kids-in-hamster-balls-small.jpg

tumblr_m1au6nuaiE1qezw8jo6_250.gif

• Like 1