• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dancezwithkittehz

dancezwithkittehz , down the rabbit hole

Woooooo!

I ran almost the whole lagoon loop. I should be running full loops by next week or maybe the week after (1 loop is around 1.5 miles). I ran almost all the flats + a little bit of hills, and I walked the stairs and the one little tiny part on pavement. I kept all my walk breaks to between 30 seconds and 2 minutes, and I only took 3! And I ran the whole first 10 minutes without stopping so that was cool!

My pace was around 13:30 min/mile, which is about 30 seconds faster per mile than my fastest split last week. Getting faster! YAY! I really really want to get this sub-12 min and I am on my way there for sure!

Week 2 Round up!

tumblr_no0jlxMKwK1sqqd09o2_500.gif

Goal 1 - Do the "scary" stuff (aerial skills) -   I learned so many new things this past week you guys! SO many things! Including the ankle hangs I got stuck in but HEY I DID THEM! Of the things I can remembered I learned and succeeded at this week that were new: ankle hangs on silk and hammock, rebecca split/arabesque on silk, FINALLY got down arrow on hammock (which I now need to perfect for my choreography for the showcase, ack!), finally conquered candycane to back balance as well

Goal 2, Choreography! - I worked on this a lot this week! I had a kernel of a start for my showcase piece that my teacher helped choreograph, I made the final cut of my music which took oh... 2 and a half hours since I was using a 10 minute song and all the parts I wanted to use were not next to eachother. I gave myself a crash course in audio editing and I think it came out pretty decent considering the most complicated thing I knew how to do was fade in and fade out. I've choreographed my intro and the transition into the dramatic fast part of my music; I may need to add a few things/ make some changes to get the music timing perfect, but the kernel of the first minute or so of my choreography is there! Maybe even a minute and 30?

Goal 3, coding and ear training - I totally failed to get in any ear training this week but I did work on coding three times so, done but not as done as I would have liked it to be!

Goal 4, Chase rabbits - Done! And my pace is 30 seconds faster and I can almost run a whole mile straight. WOO!

LIFE Goal - Debt Paydown - Considering I went out twice this weekend I actually didn't do as much money damage as I was afraid I might. So yay!  More significant work on this next week as paaaaydaaay is a comin'!

LIFE Goal -re-arrange batcave - I feel like I barely did anything on this this week, but I really DID do things just not nearly as much as last weekend so it felt like nothing. My room and the bathroom are both looking so much better! So much farther to go, but yay visible results!

This week was BUSY and my Saturday ended up a non-stop go go go go do all the things fest (followed by a super hangover Sunday. whoops!) I did not do as many of my extra curricular goals and just stuck to these base ones but I succeeded on those and I HAD SO MUCH FUN so it was worth skimping on the extra adulting stuff. I love my life! And my friends! And aerial!

Yaaaaaay aerial last night was awesomeness.

I WILL HAVE YOU SOON, STRADDLE CLIMBS! So. close. I'm able to solidly invert over and get a decent grip on the hand on the inside of the leg. I think most now it's just getting over the fear that when I let go with the other hand that I'm going to fall. My knee hook is nice and high and in the correct place and I'm even putting the non hooked leg in correct placement.

I also apparently have the "flamenco" entry into cross-back straddle down now. Yay! I mean..I love doing the split roll up one but it is LONG (split roll up 2 or three times, and then unroll either once or twice depending on which you did, and then switch which pole your hands are on, grab the one behind you now with your farther arm and step through to crossback.)

I still need to master my teacher's "lawn chair" entry into crossback that has been stubbornly defying me!!!

I also alllllmost have my crochet climb. Much like my issue with straddle climb : I don't feel confident with my grip to let go with the other hand. Once I get over this struggle SO MUCH will be do-able! I "know" how to do a ton of drops and stuff we have been working on that all needs me to be able to do this, so as soon as I get it.... YAY. IT WILL HAPPEN.

Choreography on my piece is going OK. I worked on going over some things last night and intentionally ended class with making myself dizzy. I have to just practice entering the hammock through an open hammock straddle and pulling the excess fabric over my head in some quick like fashion since I am starting my piece in the hammock and even if it's not officially part of my piece people WILL be watching so. Yeah. 

Also, I NEED to get me some wireless bluetooth earbuds so I can work with the music which upside down and stuff. One of my friend's had those and I was like MOST BRILLIANT IDEA EVER NEED NOW!

Oooh, yeah. I've heard of bluetooth headphones and they sound so great for working out -- especially with inversion! Let us know what you wind up getting. :)

• Like 1

Woo! That is some awesome aerial progress! 

I've thought briefly about bluetooth earbuds for aerial, but have yet to pull the trigger. Let me know which model you get and how they work out for you.

• Like 1

I am eye-ing these ones since all the reviews say they stay put really well:

Plantronics Backbeat Fit

Payday is tomorrow and I think I will be picking these up.

The cord between them moves but the part that stays on your ears is supposed to grab really well on your ears. I don't foresee a cord by my neck being an issue except in very very rare circumstances? Maybe if I was hanging by my head but I don't foresee that coming up anytime at the moment!  I'll let you guys know how they work out!

(I looked at a lot of the totally wireless just ear bud ones but none of them had as good of reviews or sounded as stable. And most people weren't even talking about stability for hanging upside down just for running sooo if they had issues with something when upright then yeaaaaah... lol)

200.gif

Goal 1 - Do the "scary" stuff (aerial skills)Kicking butt on doing scary things and at least trying new things. Last night I tried the other ankle hang you can do from a hammock and OWW OWW OWW OWW. And I thought the other two ankle hangs were unpleasant! And this is the one that if you point your feet you will get STUCK. My classmate did that without realizing that was what would happen and then we had to get some mats for her to climb up on while the teacher unraveled her. Like the other ankle hangs I tried this week I just don't quite have the strength to get myself out of it. UGH. Knee hang sit ups for me. ALL the knee hang sit ups (those I can at least get out of!)

Goal 2, Choreography! - I ordered those bluetooth wireless headphones so I can work on choreo with my music easily. YAY. I've been making myself spin a lot this week! And it helps that we are spinning a lot in the choreo for the group piece I am in. Spin spin spin spin spin. I feel like I didn't quite feel as much like I was going to puke after the spinning last night? So yay?

Goal 3, coding and ear training  - 1 out of 3 so far for the week. The section I am working on on Code Academy has made me have to review some math things I totally forgot about, fractional exponents. I watched some Khan academy videos for review which reminded me that I heart Khan Academy and I should see if they have any programming/coding specific videos to supplement my other things! I am also slowly but surely memorizing all the command line stuff that I am supposed to memorize before moving along in the Learn Python the Hard Way lessons. I am learning slowly but I am happy with my progress. I would rather slooooowly build and get things in my long term memory than move quickly through a ton of material and retain nothing! I've also been reviewing sections a lot and taking notes and repeating repeating just for the practice!

Goal 4, Chase rabbits - I think?? I can do this tomorrow. Normally Thursday would be my running day, but I have a date after work so I don't want to get all sweaty and gross at lunch.

LIFE Goal - Debt Paydown - Made a nice payment towards my credit card. With the last payment for Camp coming through it's not going to be nearly as big of a chunk as it would be otherwise, but now that camp will be paid off I can start having more progress on this! (I knew this would be the case when I decided to go to camp. SO WORTH IT.)

LIFE Goal -re-arrange batcave - Yeaaah not so much yet for this week... I haven't had a break at all to even think about it (funny how Wednesday off night turned into Aerial until almost 9 night. We get caught up working in choreography!)

I AM SO SORE. I am excited that today is a rest day exercise wise and hopefully guy I am meeting up with for date ends up being cool. We shall see! :)

• Like 1

Fun times and much beer was had. I'm not sure how much I like him or if I see it going anywhere but fun times for sure!

Week Wrap up in short and lazy format:

Success on all goals except for running because we had a major heat wave and I didn't feel like cooking myself. It is cooler ...ish? so far this week so I plan to get in a little run before it's supposed to get hotter again on the weekend. Ugh.

I have a bunch of stuff on my plate this week and I didn't get enough sleep due to heat and UGH flea infestation. My house is currently completely covered in diatomaceous earth, as are the cats, which they are WAY not impressed with. I covered all the carpet yesterday (which is a lot. Three story house.) I think we should be good now except for the monumental task of getting all that powder out of the carpets without killing all of our vacuum motors..... Shampooing the whole house is in order I think and my mom is WAY too awesome and helping with that since she is retired and I am stupidly busy right now.

So anyway, between massive flea battle and all the other hoards of things I am doing I am feeling a little overwhelmed and overbooked. I definitely need to hermit up and keep my schedule back to a minimum for this week/ until I am feeling less stressed. I want to get my entire showcase piece choreographed as well as I need to get a presentation ready for Wednesday morning....somehow.... (did not realize this presentation is RIGHT during the time when I am busy with a ton of other things and I just don't have time for it.)

• Like 1

you are killing it all!! No wonder you need a breather in between, do take it and savor it as much as you can.

Aerial sounds hectic, great fun and I am so glad to read you are looking out for yourself to be safe. Always love your spirit that embraces life with such passion  :love_heart:  :cheerful:

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about the fleas! That sucks!!

Definitely simplify where you can. Sounds like aerial is where you have the most fun so hope you have the time to keep that going.

Your spirit is infectious :)! Love reading your posts!

Fleas are seriously the bane of my existence right now UGH! We have WAY higher humidity than is normal for So-Cal right now and I think it's just making the situation worse. Operation ALL THE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH seems to be working although I am not loving the white powder EVERYWHEEERE. Stuck to all my shoes and even still stuck to the flooring in places where it was mopped and shampooed. Ugh.

In other news aerial last night was sad-making. I just could. not. invert. Or when I did rather it made me feel nauseated?!?! I think it might partially be because I did not eat anywhere near enough yesterday because work was craziness this week and I have a ton of deadlines coming up all today and lots of panicky new students that can't get into any classes. (Have I mentioned how much I hate that our school totally screws over incoming transfer students? Transfers have LESS time to get things done and yet we don't save spaces to make sure they can get into classes they need??? Anyway. End rant.)

Do you get dizzy or nauseated with allergies?  I have trouble going upside on a good day but with allergies I will get vertigo a nausea when I try.

Hmmmmmm I haven't had an issue with it before but it's totally possible! I hadn't thought of that.

I do think it was at least partially lack of food on Monday. This whole week has been not enough food for me because meetings keep cutting into my EAT ALL THE THINGS time. (I should bring snacks!)

Also, I have many interesting bruises from playing around with lyra (aerial hoop) on Saturday morning! I have an awesome bruise on my stomach from doing a hip balance, on one on my outer thigh from I guess also working on going into the hip balance? Maybe? And I have the bruises on the backs of my knees from knee hangs.

In other news, although I felt like crap on Monday in aerial and couldn't really do anything, my teacher conveniently taught the EXACT drop I was going to ask her to review that I want to use in my showcase choreography. So convenient! She read my mind or something. I also think I have solidified how I want to start my choreography and I think rather than start the piece in the hammock I am going to like. "space walk" over to the hammock maybe with some gesturing/ touching the hammock like it is space gear I am working on or something and then pullover to open hammock and start it that way. I think! Still brainstorming. I am also considering putting my teacher open hammock sequence she gave me towards the end of the choreography.

• Like 1

Love how your choreo is taking more and more shape, the "space walking" sounds great - lots of space for dramatic expression. Squeee so excited to see what it'll all turn into!! 

You know, you inspired me totally, so I am now trying to put together a pole choreo to a song I love. It's really tricky to do and will be a long way to go, but every step so far is exciting and that's why we do it, isn't it?!

Yes, too little food is never a good idea on any aerial sport :o You HAVE to have enough fuel, really important!! Maybe all the flea powder made it worse, could be, but food! Make sure you eat it!!

Hope you're rid of the fleas soon, have only had headlice with my kids before and that was already nightmare enough. Ah, but it does make you appreciate the simplest things afterwards :)

Sending some fairy dust to help you sort out student schedules ...

tumblr_m9hy0etEd31rw0hlu%25255B3%25255D_

• Like 1

Love how your choreo is taking more and more shape, the "space walking" sounds great - lots of space for dramatic expression. Squeee so excited to see what it'll all turn into!! 

You know, you inspired me totally, so I am now trying to put together a pole choreo to a song I love. It's really tricky to do and will be a long way to go, but every step so far is exciting and that's why we do it, isn't it?!

YAAAAAY! I find choreography so rewarding! I hope it is for you too!

Also, I think I have determined with FLEA MADNESS that we really need to get a shop vac because normal vacuums + diatomaceous earth is just...ugh. If I could also go back in time and have made sure I didn't get lazy on keeping Advantage on the kitties and make sure roommate didn't get lazy then we would have stopped this before it happened. Grr. I HATE YOU FLEAS!

My plans for the weekend:

Clean-All-the-Things.png

I am so excited about sleeping in tomorrow. You guys don't even know. SLEEPING YESSSSSSSS. It's been a long week; what can I say?! R & R weekend plus CLEANING shall be mine!

Tonight is back to back aerial and I am hoping I have lots of energy! Wednesday group choreography class we didn't really do an intense amount of actual skills/ hard stuff so my body should be plenty recovered by now.

I ran Wednesday! So I got that checked off for the week. It was a little shorter run than I have been doing but since I have been so tired this week I didn't want to push it. Yay self-care but still getting things done!

Oh, and we had a sub for Wednesday group choreo and I LOVED working with her but I think the other 3 people in my class were not enjoying it so much. Since she couldn't continue the choreography since it isn't her piece we instead cleaned the choreography, and she was being a total super precise hard ass on us about every tiny gesture. I LOVE working with people like that sometimes because they push you to be better than you think you can. She reminded me of this one dance teacher I was terrified of working with for years and then I finally did a show with and learned SO MUCH (admittedly when I was younger and less confident a teacher like this would have utterly crushed me though); she was super precise and would flat out just tell us if it looked like a mess and we just drilled the first 30 seconds or so of choreography part by part over and over until we had it all nailed. She also gave me some tips on how to fix the few parts I was struggling with and gave us really good notes on how to pull things in the right parts of the body to make the illusion of floating and ALSO actually ended up making things easier once we were doing them right. Awesome!

• Like 1