• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dancezwithkittehz

dancezwithkittehz , down the rabbit hole

This looks comfy.  Minus the bare knees (get skintone tights).

Or go all out "space" with a black spangly unitard for stars?

Ooof. Good point with the knees. I am doing a ton of knee hangs. Likewise I hate the look of nude tights under shorts. Must think about it! I feel like I really like this costume idea to give people a hint of what movie I am doing too. I might be willing to sacrifice comfort for the dramaaaaa or something. :) It's just ...one and half weekends? lol.

I feel like too spangly might be too much bling for the choreography. Hmmmmmm. I was originally considering like..shiny black or something.

Yay!!!! That sounds awesome. I'm glad it went so well for you.

Costume---so many ideas....

What color is the fabric you'll be performing on?

I haven't decided yet. We have a bunch of hammock colors to pick from. If I do the black unitard I will probably use our silver/grey ish hammock. If I do the shorts and tank I think I will use our black hammock.

(We also have a few burgundy hammocks and a teal hammock and some pink ones though the pink ones are teeny tiny and yeah I don't see pink being great for this piece! HAhahahaha)

Omg so awesome to get that amazing feedback! Go you!

Applause-harry-potter.gif

I wouldn't know about your costume, but maybe you can accessorize with jewelry or head wear to get more in the theme?

Glow in the dark sparky stars,!! I know NOTHING about aerial other than it looks wildly cool. But, I can see you all sparkly and glowy !

So happy for you. You deserve to be uber-proud.

Too busy to write a full write up but in spite of super busy-ness right at the end of this one I was getting all my core goals done (my adulting PVP not so much! Woops!)

Challenge accomplishments:

• I can do a real chin up!
  • I can do band assisted pulls ups! 5 of them in a row even! (I had to jump to do negatives before this)
  • learned a ton of new skills in aerial
  • choreographed a whole aerial number!
  • DID DROPS! in aerial. and they are in my choreography
  • my brain is getting better at switching into math mode and working on the super basic Python lessons in Code academy. I keep repeating things and going back and repeating and I think this is working great for trying to get this into my long term memory vs the opposite of bingeing on info I am not going to remember!

Things still challenging to me:

• running in heat. UGH. or running in general but this stupid sweltering heat and HUMIDITY!?  WTF?! Humidity?! (we never have humidity like this) is definitely slowing progress here. Assuming it cools down I'd like to have another running goal next round.
  • I've hit a bit of a hiccup in ear training and I think it may partially just be because my brain is just too occupied with too many things right now but the lessons where I have to differentiate between major and minor seconds I can't get consistently. I am improving sloooowly but especially ones where it's descending? notes I think my brain is just like "whut why? uhhhh"  (the program I have wants me to pick whichever has the bigger difference in interval between notes and it plays a minor second and a major second with a shared note between each set. sometimes I totally hear and figure it out fast and sometimes I just don't. Yay ear training!)

I am sure there are more things but that is all the things I can think of right now.

Yay must start planning next challenge....It may have to be a challenge where I start super minimal and then add things after my aerial showcase and CAMP YAY CAMP because those two are super imminent and I don't want to overbook myself (more than I already am. Hahahahaha)

• Like 2

I'm so excited for your showcase! Yay for the private and all the praise and help working through the sticking points in your piece -- must be awesome. You accomplished a TON this challenge! Drops, too!  Dang!  B)

You can do a chinup! Awesome! Very impressive feat of strenght! And the choreography work... That must have been so fun! Did you already perform it too, or will that happen later?