Tavern (Q's & Chat)

Teros

Though I have never in my life heard the word Backpfeifengesicht except in lists of weird words that cannot be translated into English. Sorry.

Sad faaaaaaaaaace. I'll start a petition to bring this into daily vocabulary.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

My cat would only approve if the meat is still furry, squeaks and tries to run away. :D Then he plays with it till it doesn't move anymore, puts it in front of our door and begs for food. (Maybe he's a bit messed up.) 

He's not messed up. Mine used to do the same. First time he did that to a sparrow I cried like a little child.

They are cute, but they're psychos.

reverse-1327515999_creepy_cat.gif

• Like 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

He's not messed up. Mine used to do the same. First time he did that to a sparrow I cried like a little child.

They are cute, but they're psychos.

reverse-1327515999_creepy_cat.gif

:D

They truly are. I remember him playing with a mouse on the terrace we had back then. He always brought them there so he could let them run away a bit but they couldn't hide.

I just find it messed up that he doesn't eat them but comes back for food instead.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit." (Wodehouse)

They truly are. I remember him playing with a mouse on the terrace we had back then. He always brought them there so he could let them run away a bit but they couldn't hide.

I just find it messed up that he doesn't eat them but comes back for food instead.

Yet the fake ferret on a ball toy terrifies them...

• Like 1

mine eat them, all apart from the heads, then they come back into the house and puke it all back up somewhere awkward. Like on the top step of the stairs where you can't see it until you have stepped in in....

• Like 1
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Just saiyan what's up? I did my last challenge with the warriors, but you guys seem more fun. Looking forward to training with you guys.

11738-ssj_goku.jpg

We are.

ohyes.gif?w=490

mine eat them, all apart from the heads, then they come back into the house and puke it all back up somewhere awkward. Like on the top step of the stairs where you can't see it until you have stepped in in....

One of the cats in the duplex (Rufus) ate everything except the mouse butt.  Guess he's not a fan of Sir Mix A Lot.

• Like 4

Oh....usually is pinned in the instruction thread for accountabuddies. I don't see one for this challenge either. I will let the "powers" know and,hopefully someone will put it up. You don't need to use the sheet to join and accountabuddies thread. Just post in the thread you are interested and they will let you know,if they are already too full.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Oh....usually is pinned in the instruction thread for accountabuddies. I don't see one for this challenge either. I will let the "powers" know and,hopefully someone will put it up. You don't need to use the sheet to join and accountabuddies thread. Just post in the thread you are interested and they will let you know,if they are already too full.

Yeah, it's more of a formality.  If you want then I can ask some higher ups about it.

Sad faaaaaaaaaace. I'll start a petition to bring this into daily vocabulary.

Sorry, not going to happen. However, I learned two new words yesterday, Smombie (a smartphone-zombie, we use the same words in german so no translation needed) and my absolute favorite: Alpha-Kevin. I don't know whether it's the same overseas but here Kevin is pretty much synonymous for stupid or simpleton because the name seems to be liked in some social classes more than in others (sorry to all the smart Kevins out there). So the Alpha-Kevin is the leader of the bunch, the perfect way to insult someone without them getting the insult. (This sounds really mean when I type it out :( )

• Like 2

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I need some strategies folks :-)

I'm taking my 12 year old to Berlin for 3 days next week and I'm worried about staying on track with eating. I'll let myself have the odd ice cream or beer but I don't want to totally lose the plot.
We have a hotel that has breakfast and I can veer towards protein based stuff, lunch will probably be be bread ( :-() and cheese or something cheap from a supermarket and we will eat out at night. He is a pizza and pasta type child that doesn't eat meat. I'll eat anything, which is why I'm fat.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Hm actually I am pretty sure you can find anything in Berlin (I think a friend told me about a paleo restaurant too?). So what I'd do is probably just plan ahead a bit. Look up restaurants (and their menus) and try to find something I'm ok with. Oh and possibly book tables in case I really, really wanted to go to a specific one.

Not sure if it's the best option. But it's what I sometimes do when I go out for dinner anyway.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Sorry, not going to happen. However, I learned two new words yesterday, Smombie (a smartphone-zombie, we use the same words in german so no translation needed) and my absolute favorite: Alpha-Kevin. I don't know whether it's the same overseas but here Kevin is pretty much synonymous for stupid or simpleton because the name seems to be liked in some social classes more than in others (sorry to all the smart Kevins out there). So the Alpha-Kevin is the leader of the bunch, the perfect way to insult someone without them getting the insult. (This sounds really mean when I type it out :( )

I would like to present to you The Legend of Kevin.

• Like 3

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Hm actually I am pretty sure you can find anything in Berlin (I think a friend told me about a paleo restaurant too?). So what I'd do is probably just plan ahead a bit. Look up restaurants (and their menus) and try to find something I'm ok with. Oh and possibly book tables in case I really, really wanted to go to a specific one.

Not sure if it's the best option. But it's what I sometimes do when I go out for dinner anyway.

It's not so much finding things that are better to eat - it's more a matter of keeping my mindset in the right place - still on track, not eating everything I can see just because it's new.......

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

It's not so much finding things that are better to eat - it's more a matter of keeping my mindset in the right place - still on track, not eating everything I can see just because it's new.......

Hm, planning your meals ahead in time doesn't help with that? It does for me. Sometimes I even log them before (changing them later because I ate too much rubbish isn't all that nice). 

But nah, otherwise no clue. When I traveled for work I noticed it all gets pretty boring after a while as well, but I guess that won't help for one trip. 

What keeps me motivated in general is competition. :D Maybe something like this could help? Maybe some PvP or a dietbet or... other things.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Oh my god, thank you. I haven't laughed this hard in days. Now I feel simultaneously hilarious and bad. (can one feel hilarious? or is something hilarious? is there a better word?)

I believe one can feel a sense of 'hilarity'. One might also feel merry or mirthful or joyous; all are good synonyms.

• Like 1

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

I need some strategies folks :-)

I'm taking my 12 year old to Berlin for 3 days next week and I'm worried about staying on track with eating. I'll let myself have the odd ice cream or beer but I don't want to totally lose the plot.

We have a hotel that has breakfast and I can veer towards protein based stuff, lunch will probably be be bread ( :-() and cheese or something cheap from a supermarket and we will eat out at night. He is a pizza and pasta type child that doesn't eat meat. I'll eat anything, which is why I'm fat.

I can't talk about options that are available there since I've never been.  However when I am at a hotel, I tend to....stock up on extra breakfast since I paid for it and having that be a big enough meal usually counts for 2/3 of what I eat.  Also, if I'm planning ahead then I would hit up a supermarket for something to cook at the hotel.  Even something that's not a big hassle like some tuna fish packets with mayo and carrot sticks and red pepper strips is enough for me as a side meal without going on track and getting tempted at all.    For example, I made 4 cans of tuna and mayo, and diced up carrots and peppers before I traveled.  I kept it in a small cooler (like lunch-box sized) and threw that in the hotel fridge.  When I was hungry at 10pm, it was a lifesaver.

• Like 1