Minis (Please Follow)

Teros

I've been doing some walking meditation so far this week. :) 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Mini#1 is proving very helpful. Besides my 10 minutes meditation every morning, I am adding a little while to reflect on my challenge. I've seen one of my goals was pretty badly designed, and I'm focusing on improving it to really make things happen. Great idea, Teros!

• Like 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Took a few minutes after yoga this morning to think deeply. All I did was run Quentin Tarantino movies through my head.

Well there's this passage that helps me in troubled times to meditate. Ezekiel 25:17...

• Like 2

Aaaand once again I forgot to follow this thread. Whoops!

I've been doing a sleep meditation via the Calm app when I've had issues falling asleep. Today I will need a different type of meditation as I'm running on 4 hours of sleep, which of course my child is a little hellion today. Only one more hour until she (and I!) go to bed.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

This was a good one this week for me. After yoga (actually lets say yogaish since I am so unbendy) took 5 minutes to just lie on the floor and,think about what was I going to do today to impact my health? I think I will keep this practice for the rest of the challenge.

• Like 6

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

So, last night, I was brave, and I answered the phone. I haven't seen my mother in 4 months; we don't have a good relationship, and just talking can be really hard. We caught up for half an hour, most of which was positive, and we have dinner plans for next week. Hopefully that will be short. I can't spend a ton of time around her.

• Like 3

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

I don't know if this can count for the meditation mini, but today during my parkour session we were doing wall sits until failure and my teacher told me to, first of all breath, picture myself doing my moves perfectly in my mind. To pick a place that I have thought of doing several moves and and do them over and over in my mind perfectly. It totally worked. I didn't do it really on the first and second wall sits, but on the third one I did and I stuck it out for longer than the second one and it took longer to hurt. However, once I noticed it hurting my concentration flew out the window and I was thinking about how I wasn't supposed to focus on the pain (which only caused me to focus on the pain more), but before when I was just breathing and concentrating on my visualization it was pretty cool. I also got a little done at work in between customers. So, I don't know if this will count towards the mini, but I thought it was pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Meditation, check. Bravery... Ugh. I don't have time to be brave this week. x_x maybe something will pop up before next Monday.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ok, I'm in for second mini. I've been thinking these last months to make this technique game for my students, but haven't yet sit down to put my ideas on paper. I think I'll start with general ideas of what I'd like to do and then I'll try to give it some form. 

If anyone wants to help with ideas it would be appreciated. It is the first time I prepare a game as complex as this one for my students and I am scared to death because I really want them to like it and hold on to it. The baseline is a board game which needs to be hanged in the walls of the class. There will be several technique teams, with people of different levels in each one. They will earn points for their group as they improve their technique with the exercises proposed. There will be bonus points for people volunteering for more exercises (maybe those extra points shouldn't be for the group but for the individual?). I am not sure about the theme, because they are of very different ages, so tricky to find a themed good for people of 8-9 to 20 something... Maybe I'll just leave it to the flute itself (oh, I almost forgot, it's a game for flute lessons in a conservatory). Anyway, ideas are welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you, Teros! Great mini. Hope I will make the most of it :)

• Like 3

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Mini 2 - Bravery. I absolutely hate confrontation, I'm terrified of it. I also struggle terribly with opening up and getting honest. Over the last four days, I've had to force myself to do both. The opening up and getting honest part, during my mentoring session, and the confrontation part as an end product of that, with two members of my immediate family.

I'm almost certain more opportunities for 20 Seconds of Courage will present themselves this week. I'll make it my aim to be vigilant in seizing those.

• Like 4

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Great second mini-challenge! I'll be going to the gym today for the first time in a while; I've been avoiding it due to the return of my anxiety, but I think I'm ready to go back. I've also been neglecting a few personal matters, so I'll see what I can do with those, as well.

• Like 3

Level: 2  Race: Wood Elf  Profession: Adventurer

| STR 3 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 3.3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3 |

Twitter | YouFood: RaskolRebel

Already completed the current mini. silly as it may be im not a big fan of going and going out by myself, but this past week I went out and explored dc by myself, not a big deal to most, but its a start for me

Hey, that's great! I'm not good at going out by myself either, but earlier this year, I flew alone to Phoenix for a show. What did you explore in DC? The mall? Any museum you enjoyed?

• Like 1

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Urg... so I failed hard at week 1's mini (only mindfully did it once, b/c of being disctracted by all the busy & fun of Gencon, which also resulted in me missing a workout). So week 2 here I am going to recommit to doing the week 1 mini every day (and making up an extra workout & hopefully an extra Racquetball session to maintain the twice a week average).

I am not sure what to attack with week 2's bravery mini. I am very anti-confrontational. However, last week Monday I visited my wife (who moved out 2 weeks ago) and talked to her about filing for divorce & actually went to the court on Tuesday to do just that (I hate bureaucracy / the legal system...) Anyway, I am not sure of what else I have been putting off b/c fear, but that was the big one that had been on my mind for several weeks. I will use week 1's meditation here in week 2 to try to come up with what else I can throw courage at in the upcoming week.

• Like 2

Level 14 -- Yeti Ranger -- STR 30.25 | DEX 12.00 | STA 21.00 | CON 14.75 | WIS 18.00 | CHA 7.50

Current Challenge -- Previous Challenges -- My Epic Quest -- Album of Holding -- About Me

Well I just forgot this thread exisited last week. But this week I'm heading in full force. While I'm seen as a technical asset to most of my co-workers, me and my boss have developed a largely adversarial relationship. We share the blame I admit. In the past few weeks I really turned things around, I even started back on ADHD pills to keep this job. Coz I really like my work. I'm always about a week from getting fired according to him while senior staff keep putting me in charge of things. There's a class I want my job to reimburse me(which is part of my employee perks) and I finally got up the nerve to hand into him today. No response yet but honestly I been dreading it as the moment he finally decides to let me go.  We'll see what happens. 

• Like 3

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Instagram

"...You must always keep the star in your heart
shining strong to defeat the dark and evil souls." - Queen Serenity

Week 2 Mini:

Thanks Teros. I have now resurrected my OkCupid profile. I was planning on joining a dating site NEXT challenge. Mostly because I'm scared. So I'm doing it now, and will even get a paid subscription on payday. 

• Like 7

- Sarah

"I am the beauty of the green earth and the white moon among the stars."

My Epic Quests:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/143011

So the week before the challenge started I got up the nerve to sit down and tell my boss I was not happy with my job and wanted his support to make things better. That took a huge amount of courage and I am still suprised with myself that I did it. To me that covers this weeks mini, but this week I also am waiting on a bride to recieve her sample invites I made and am terrified she is going to hate them. This is the first wedding besides my own that I am making invites for so I am nervous for sure to face the critique of a bride I have never met, but has been pretty critical so far in the process.

• Like 4

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll

Current Challenge

Typos? - I blame the phone

So the week before the challenge started I got up the nerve to sit down and tell my boss I was not happy with my job and wanted his support to make things better. That took a huge amount of courage and I am still suprised with myself that I did it. To me that covers this weeks mini, but this week I also am waiting on a bride to recieve her sample invites I made and am terrified she is going to hate them. This is the first wedding besides my own that I am making invites for so I am nervous for sure to face the critique of a bride I have never met, but has been pretty critical so far in the process.

I'd like to hear more about this! Papercraft always looks so interesting to me, but I don't have the focus or the knack for it. Lots of fiddly bits and details and the like. Do you design fonts/typefaces? Are there fancy papers and lots of colors to choose from?

• Like 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!