Minis (Please Follow)

Teros

Week 1 meditation went really well for me.  I'm hoping to continue working it into my challenge goals, either on morning walks of after yoga.

Still thinking up an act of bravery, but it's almost the end of the week and I haven't thought of anything yet!  I'm just been drained and exhausted all week and keeping up with my own challenge goals is hard enough.  >_<  May have to just skip out on the bonus points and instead keep this one in the back pocket to pull it out later in the challenge.

That's perfectly fine. These are icing on the cake. Never compromise your 6wc for a mini; but if you want to 'save' it for later then you can totally do that.

• Like 1

Is the bravery thing a one-and-done kind of deal, or can it be an ongoing thing? I wasn't going to use moving to a new city (because I kind of had to move for school regardless) but holy shit now that I'm here all I want to do is hide under my blanket instead of paperwork/shopping/learning to navigate a living space shared with people I'm not related to. 

If it's lots of bravery things then yes, it counts.  By the way, bummed you couldn't meet up the other day. :(

• Like 1

As I mentioned in another thread, I built up the courage to open up more to one of my best friends, something I struggle to do with my in-person friends. It's terrifying to be so vulnerable sometimes, so I'm glad my friend was so receptive!

• Like 3

Level: 2  Race: Wood Elf  Profession: Adventurer

| STR 3 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 3.3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3 |

Twitter | YouFood: RaskolRebel

If it's lots of bravery things then yes, it counts.  By the way, bummed you couldn't meet up the other day. :(

Many braves. Yes. Anxious flea is anxious and unhappy.

I was so pissed on Wednesday. Fucking traffic everywhere.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

If it's lots of bravery things then yes, it counts. By the way, bummed you couldn't meet up the other day. :(

Many braves. Yes. Anxious flea is anxious and unhappy.

I was so pissed on Wednesday. Fucking traffic everywhere.

We will all just have to figure out another way to meet up then :)....I've always wanted to visit D.C.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

What would you do? This is about mini challenge 2

I've done 2 plane journeys without alcohol or valium and climbed up hundreds of scary steps with little protection from the drop below to a cathedral viewing platform. I did it.

But since then which was Thursday and it's now Sunday, when I try to sleep I wake up every hour or so with a jump, remembering how terrifying it was, it's like 6 mini nightmares every night.

How can I stop this?

STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I've done 2 plane journeys without alcohol or valium and climbed up hundreds of scary steps with little protection from the drop below to a cathedral viewing platform. I did it.

But since then which was Thursday and it's now Sunday, when I try to sleep I wake up every hour or so with a jump, remembering how terrifying it was, it's like 6 mini nightmares every night.

How can I stop this?

So are you having nightmares tied in with being brave?  What do you usually do when you have nightmares?

• Like 1

So are you having nightmares tied in with being brave?  What do you usually do when you have nightmares?

I don't generally get nightmares that have any sense of reality about them, so I can just write them off as nonsense and go back to sleep - these are little moments of reliving the horror, I've not had it before.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

If anyone else wants to chip in, then do so.  Honestly, although I'm usually very anti-meds; maybe some nyquil for a couple of days.

Thanks, I'm allergic to antihystamines and cold medicines tend to have them in so I have to avoid but if this keeps on I'll go to the Dr and get a few days of sleeping pills or something.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Have you tried Lavender oil (put in a spray bottle with water and spray around your bed) or chamomile tea is great for relaxing. If you like tea (and have a Davids Tea shop there) get 'Mothers Little Helper'. It has Valerian Root in it (which helps with anxiety and insomnia).  

• Like 3

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Have you tried Lavender oil (put in a spray bottle with water and spray around your bed) or chamomile tea is great for relaxing. If you like tea (and have a Davids Tea shop there) get 'Mothers Little Helper'. It has Valerian Root in it (which helps with anxiety and insomnia).  

I have valarian root I can make tea out of, I forgot about it, thank you. And I have a lavender filled eye mask I use when I'm listening to my sleepy meditation. And I generally take a cup of chamomile tea to bed.

• Like 3

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

So I completed week 2's mini. I was brave at work experience and spoke to people, even though the anxiety made me sick.

I also went swimming as my fun activity during the week and that was less traumatizing than I thought it was going to be.

Now to eagerly await week 3's challenge :)

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

How can I stop this?

Your brain is trying to process those new experiences, give it time. It's a huge change for your self. In the meantime, help yourself with lavanda or valerian, as WritingWeaver said. And be proud!

• Like 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Your brain is trying to process those new experiences, give it time. It's a huge change for your self. In the meantime, help yourself with lavanda or valerian, as WritingWeaver said. And be proud!

that makes sense, thank you

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

While we all still have that fresh new challenge smell on us; it would be a good time to tackle some bigger game.  This week's mini is about being brave and facing something that you don't want to face. It could be going somewhere new, trying something new, experimenting with something, deciding to tackle a project that has been put off. Anything.  If there's something that's been held off for a while or something that elicits a sort of fear; then be brave this week and face it. 

I did this! I applied to be a group instructor at another gym, one I already work at just as a childcare worker. It's a bigger gym than where I teach, so a scary leap for sure. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

For the week 2 mini, I drove down to my BFs (about an hour drive) to surprise him.  Normally I talk myself out of doing spontaneous things.  I also socialized a lot and kept myself pretty busy over the weekend.  Normally I become a shut in and find excuses not to hang out with people. 

• Like 2

I wrote a bit about myself last night to try and pinpoint some thoughts and feelings in regards to fear so that I could conjure up bravery. I didn't make an exact list of things that make me cringe, but I did realize that trying to find yourself and find who you really are as a person can be pretty scary. What if you can't find your identity? What if you're stuck being this person that you've made yourself to be because it was what made others happy?

It's safe to say that one of the things I really need to work on and find the courage to do is be the real me. The difficulty there is finding out who the real me is. It's just the tip of the iceberg, but it's a start!

I don't know if this is helpful, but something I heard once was something along the lines of "instead of trying to find yourself, create yourself."  The comfort is that you don't have to be stuck as someone you don't like if you are taking a hard look at your choices and habits.  Something to think about.

• Like 1

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Needs to update her skills

STR 5 | STA 2 | DEX 1 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 6

Trained Skills:

Perform:  1

Climb:  2

Current Challenge

Mini 2:

I just sent an email to a band member who has been incommunicado for a couple months as far as the planning goes.  I had been meaning to do it for a while, but was procrastinating because....well, awkwardness.  I think what I wrote was pretty decent, once I actually did it.

• Like 1

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Needs to update her skills

STR 5 | STA 2 | DEX 1 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 6

Trained Skills:

Perform:  1

Climb:  2

Current Challenge

For week 2, I drove the car. It doesn't sound like much, but I haven't been driving for the last 8 years or something (and only 1 year before that), most of the time because we didn't have a car, and now that we have one, I feel anxious about driving. It feels unsafe and I worry I will hit something. But when we went for lunch last week I decided on the way back to take all the courage I have and drive the way back (I was this - close to chickening out of it). It went okay (one close call with a parking car ;) ), now I need to make a habit out of it to drive when I get the chance. It's still initimdating, though.

• Like 2

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Went to a huge waterpark and wore my swim suit and,swam. Haven't worn a swimsuit in public in a long time. Week 2 mini complete

No pics?  ;)

For the week 2 mini, I drove down to my BFs (about an hour drive) to surprise him.  Normally I talk myself out of doing spontaneous things.  I also socialized a lot and kept myself pretty busy over the weekend.  Normally I become a shut in and find excuses not to hang out with people. 

Maybe in due time you won't have the moniker at work, eh?  :P

• Like 2

I'm boycotting the week 3 mini because you didn't use the Glee cover of the song.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi