[whitewineandcathair] turns left

auntdinosaur

HELLO. I'm Cody. Since I'm a first-time Druid, allow me to re-introduce myself. I started yoga about two years ago to offset the strain of my job as a baker. Yoga definitely soothes my sore muscles, but I'd hit a bit of a wall, as far as strength and stamina. I've since added Pilates and bodyweight exercises, and am starting to feel a lot better. My first challenge was designed to increase my strength and stamina by increasing my workout lengths, and by tracking my food to make sure I'm getting enough fuel.

Currently, my challenge is similar, but I will not be pushing forward as much as I had expected, and will instead be working on maintaining the habits I had started to develop last time. While I passed my first challenge, I had enough of a lifestyle shakeup during those six weeks that I think now is a better time to focus on building a routine, rather than push myself to my limits.

And so...

0fsMQFjl.jpg

Strength of the Bull, Grace of the Cat [+ 2 STR, + 2 DEX]

Unlike my previous challenge, I will not be pushing myself for longer workouts this time around. I am still aiming for three sessions per week, but am giving myself a more lenient "45ish minutes" goal. My workouts consist mostly of yoga, with some Pilates and bodyweight strength training. Head over to my Battle Log for full recaps of my workouts. 

A = 16 - 18 sessions

B = 14 - 15 sessions

C = 12 - 13 sessions

Phgq7NW.gif

Feast of the Gods [+2 CON, + 2 STA]

While tracking my food intake as well as my exercise, I had recently discovered that I am not eating enough to properly fuel my body through my physically-demanding job, my walk to/from work, and my workouts. I was especially lacking in protein. My goal is to pay closer attention to what I eat and make sure I'm giving my body what it needs on a daily basis.

I'll be carrying over my goal from last time, which was 70g of protein per day. I'd like to push the number closer to 100g, but it was incredibly difficult last time around, so I am grading on the bare-minimum for now. My non-graded goal is to also get around 2,600 calories per day. 

A = 38 - 42 days

B = 33 - 37 days

C = 28 - 32 days

vmcdJJOl.jpg

Call of the Pack [+ 3 CHA]

I have recently found myself living alone, and don't have many (any) friends outside of the internet. Normally, I don't mind having work friends, internet friends, and my partner... but, remove the last one and, well... 

My goal is to get out and do something among the people at least once per week. I have recently started to volunteer at the local food bank's community kitchen, and hope to continue each week. I would also like to try to get to a yoga class a few times during this 6WC, and find a book club to join.

A = 6 or more outings

B = 4 or 5 outings

C = 2 or 3 outings

AZD9jytl.jpg

Breaking the Spell [+ 2 CON, + 2 WIS]

While I would like to keep my original goal of meeting or exceeding my Goodreads challenge during this 6WC, I have realized time and time again that the biggest issue I have with not doing the things I want to do (reading, baking, crafting) is that I tend to scroll the internet for ages doing absolutely nothing. I would like to put a stop to that. (Plus, I'm re-reading Harry Potter right now and "challenging" myself to finish 3 - 6 seems a little indulgent.)

I've installed an internet tracker, and I will be limiting myself to one hour of non-productive internet time per day. Non-productive internet time includes, but is not limited to; Tumblr, IMDB, Cracked, Facebook, link bait, endlessly checking in on and refreshing NerdFitness, Googling random thoughts I have while reading or cooking, that thing where I read reviews of books and movies to see if anyone agrees with me, looking up fanfiction just to see if a genre exists (it does,) planning vacations I do not intend to take within the next year, reading comments on news articles just to find someone who is wrong, internet stalking the guy who works at the pet food store before remembering that LinkedIn logs visitors, determining how much it would cost to replace the Lego Pirates sets from my childhood, and consulting Dr. Google about every sensation in my body.

A = 38 - 42 days

B = 33 - 37 days

C = 28 - 32 days

Grading: In order to "pass" this level, I need to get a C or higher on each of my goals.

Reward: I Love Me mug. Because I Love Me. (Must pass with A's and B's.)

HbXiqUy.jpg

Progress:

Week One 

Week Two 

Week Three

Mid-Challenge

Week Four

Week Five

Week Six

FINAL REPORT

• Like 1

Googling random thoughts I have while reading or cooking

Well that one can be solved with a paper notebook or a whiteboard and just determining if it's worth looking up during a binge.

I use the internet to distract myself from something.  Perhaps you should ask yourself why you spend so much time noodling around.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

determining how much it would cost to replace the Lego Pirates sets from my childhood

I've been looking at these and the castle ones... I also want to get the large star wars AT-AT and star destroyer. Why do all of these sets have to be over $100 a piece...

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"  - Conan

Quests

Hey! Endlessly checking in and refreshing NerdFitness isn't non-productive, it's a contribution towards a new and improved you!

Or that's what I keep telling myself anyway. ;)

Following along. Good luck!

It's very hard to justify staying off NerdFitness because of a NerdFitness goal. :)

I've been looking at these and the castle ones... I also want to get the large star wars AT-AT and star destroyer. Why do all of these sets have to be over $100 a piece...

My Legos are the one thing I regret giving up in my teens. I had most of the Islanders, several of the Pirates, and a few Imperials(?) I haven't seen a non-PotC pirate in a long time. BUT THEY'RE BACK AND I WANT THEM.

• Like 1

My Legos are the one thing I regret giving up in my teens. I had most of the Islanders, several of the Pirates, and a few Imperials(?) I haven't seen a non-PotC pirate in a long time. BUT THEY'RE BACK AND I WANT THEM.

I had the BIG castle that came out in the 90s as well as the BIG pirate ship (which that exact set now costs about $300 on Ebay) What I really wanted was the space shuttle set. A friend got that and I was jealous for quite some time of that!

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"  - Conan

Quests

I had the BIG castle that came out in the 90s as well as the BIG pirate ship (which that exact set now costs about $300 on Ebay) What I really wanted was the space shuttle set. A friend got that and I was jealous for quite some time of that!

A friend had the big pirate ship. I just had the smaller boats and catamarans and things, but I always wanted that damn ship. I had the huge island set, so I can't complain too much.

I started buying the Winter Village sets, and I have most of them. Legos are just awesome.

• Like 1

My mom still has all of my Legos and K'nex. I had two HUGE tubs of legos and one of K'nex it was AMAZING!!!!

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

Quests

I hear you all not he browsing NF. I am trying to be more active in the forums, but that is turning into me checking in every 10 minutes, so now I am trying to do a round of followed posts in the morning and one in the evening. ^^

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Wandered over from the yoga accountabilibuddies and found Lego!  Yay!  Following.  I feel you on the too much internet stuff.  I am forever distractanetting or procrastanetting. 

I'm also trying generally to get out and meet more real life people and make new friends.  I'm finding meetup really good at the moment.

Good luck! 

Night Elf Assassin

Level 2

WIS=1 STR=1 STA=2

Current challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/68806-regenerating-scorpia/ with the Adventurers!

Weight loss goal 28lbs

0%
0%

Wandered over from the yoga accountabilibuddies and found Lego!  Yay!  Following.  I feel you on the too much internet stuff.  I am forever distractanetting or procrastanetting. 

I'm also trying generally to get out and meet more real life people and make new friends.  I'm finding meetup really good at the moment.

Good luck! 

I've joined a few Meetups. The Sci-Fi/Fantasy bookclub I was most looking forward to just disappeared, and I'm pretty bummed about that. If I had even the $10/month to run it, I would. 

I hear you all not he browsing NF. I am trying to be more active in the forums, but that is turning into me checking in every 10 minutes, so now I am trying to do a round of followed posts in the morning and one in the evening. ^^

That's what I've been trying to do, too. But then I just end up endlessly checking in...

• Like 2

A friend had the big pirate ship. I just had the smaller boats and catamarans and things, but I always wanted that damn ship. I had the huge island set, so I can't complain too much.

I started buying the Winter Village sets, and I have most of them. Legos are just awesome.

I had a friend when I was young who had all of the legos. He had an entire room dedicated to holding and storing them. He had so many that he got bored with them that he designed an entire RPG wargame around them and started customizing them (like making ogres & orcs) using paint & glue, etc. Realizing now how expensive legos are, I never felt like I had a TON of legos... but replacing the collection that we sold at a garage sale for $100 would probably cost between $1,000 to $2,000 today.

But legos are super awesome & I spent so much of my childhood playing with them. Ah..... memory lane.

Never had any pirate legos myself though. :miserable:

Hey! Endlessly checking in and refreshing NerdFitness isn't non-productive, it's a contribution towards a new and improved you!

Or that's what I keep telling myself anyway. ;)

Following along. Good luck!

Yay for endlessly checking in!

I have actually made it a personal goal to be more active on the forums this time around because I find that it helps with my motivation for self-improvement. Go team NF!

• Like 1

Level 14 -- Yeti Ranger -- STR 30.25 | DEX 12.00 | STA 21.00 | CON 14.75 | WIS 18.00 | CHA 7.50

Current Challenge -- Previous Challenges -- My Epic Quest -- Album of Holding -- About Me

I have actually made it a personal goal to be more active on the forums this time around because I find that it helps with my motivation for self-improvement. Go team NF!

Me too, but there's a difference between being active on the forums and lurking around trying to find something interesting to read instead of doing my workout :P (this post counts as being active. Yay!)

• Like 3

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

That is exactly how I feel. I need to find a good time to get on and post/reply, probably twice per day, but stay away otherwise.

Either first thing in the morning or first thing after breakfast, and then once or twice in the evenings.  That's a bit of NF time every twelve hours and it's enough.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I just changed my "get up early" quest to "mindless browsing only before 8am and after 8pm". That way I can sleep in if I like but it means I won't be able to be on fb etc. until the evening. I think I'll hate myself for this down the road  :D

That could be the best motivator for me to wake up early, if I ever decide to do that challenge. :D

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

I've been taking a break from tracking my food, and I still haven't gotten back to the mat. I think this possibly qualifies as the most bizarre month of my life, and I'm looking forward to finding a new normal.

I'll be working a bit of over time in the coming weeks... for the last two weeks I've worked six days. It's great because I need the money, but it's not-so-great because I'm missing my full weekend. I don't think this should affect my workout goals, but it will be putting a strain on my energy levels. 

I've volunteered at the community kitchen for the last two Thursdays. It's been a nice experience, and because I've just had the one day off, it's meant spending every day for two weeks working in a kitchen. (Not at all a bad thing.) I'm looking forward to establishing that shift as a weekly routine. 

This Wednesday, I'll be meeting some women from Meetup at the cafe across the street from my work. It's a 'girlfriends' group that does book clubs, lunches out, movies, etc. They seem a little older than I am, but I've always preferred the company of slightly older folks.

• Like 3