The Journey continues.......{KrystalWolf}

Hiya!

My name's Krystal and this is my first challenge in the Adventurers Guild. I completed my first challenge as a Recruit, and decided that as I am still working on getting some good habits in place, I'm a bit of an all rounder regarding exercise at the moment, and a couple of my Accountabillibuddies are part of this guild, I'll join up here!  Plus, who wouldn't want to be an Adventurer.....just the name inspires all sorts of fantastical and exciting notions :)

I’m still looking to lose a bit of weight (10kg down so far, 8kg or so to go) and improve my general health and fitness levels. Last challenge was great, as I proved to myself that I can control my food choices and caloric intake. I can exercise 4 times a week, and I can do it for 6 weeks! This time I'd like to focus on incorporating a little bit of discipline. 

I will be carrying over two Quests from my Recruit challenge, however I wont be (officially) scoring them. Calorie logging, and Greenhouse time. I need to maintain these in addition to the new Quests, as they are beneficial and somewhat essential to my success overall. I feel my habits have started solidifying, and its good to keep momentum going with them. 

As per last time, my challenge is all written up in my spreadsheet and pinned to the noticeboard in my study for extra reminding/recording purposes, so here goes:

Master Quest:

To reach the weight of 71kg or less by the end of 2015. I will do this by increasing my general fitness, monitoring my caloric intake and making healthier food choices, including better hydration, and taking care of myself.

SMART Quests:

1.       Exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes, 4 x a week. My Recruit challenge was to exercise 4 x weekly, which I accomplished, however I didn't quite manage the intensity in my last couple of weeks. This time I'm aiming for a more structured week, to encourage the beginnings of discipline for if/when I decide to follow a more focused pathway. My goal is to complete 2 x BBWW (one may be swapped for a PT session), plus 1 x interval cardio, and 1 x free choice (dancing, yoga/pilates, walking etc, it all counts)

2.       Hydration is key! I can do this, I know I can. Two bottles of water a day (not including any H2O consumed while exercising), totaling 1.5 litres (minimum). I used to do this, and then I got out of the habit. Time to get back in it. Hydration is so important, and I cant not do this.

3.       Stretchy feet. I need to stretch my feet and calves every day. Twice a day. At least. I am notoriously slack at this, and suffer greatly as a consequence. I need to stop the pain, and take care of my feet. They're at the bottom of everything and it's time I gave them the attention they deserve.

Life Quest:

1.       Spend a minimum of 30 minutes, 3 x weekly, writing creatively. This is something I always want to do, and never get around to it. No pressure on myself to write a novel, or even a short story, or even a paragraph that will contribute to either of those things, just to write. 

Motivations:

My motivations remain the same from my Recruit Challenge - they are all the different activities that I’d love to try, without having to worry that my weight and lack of fitness will hold me back from giving it a red hot go. I think after this challenge I might be ready to take on one of them. Now to decide which one!!

I want to get the most I can out of these activities when I attempt them, as due to my location and budget, these are special occasions for me. So, I’m using them as motivations – things I can attempt once I make some headway with my health/fitness goals:  Rockclimbing, Circus Camp, Skydiving, and Swordfighting are on the list, as are Trampolining, a Burlesque make-over/photoshoot, and getting back into Fresh Meat Roller Derby training. 

My second motivation is my sisters wedding in November. She has asked me to be her Matron of Honour, and it's important that I feel comfortable in the dress she's picked out. I want to be able to look back on the photos and see confidence and happiness, not self doubt and unhealthiness.

Lets go Adventuring!!

• Like 4

Level 2 | Adventurer | Lycan

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

How the story begins..     Doodlie Buddies

Challenge 1   Challenge 2

Str: 1      Dex: -       Sta: 4       Cha: 1       Con: 5       Wis:  4

I love your goals! Will you be posting what you write somewhere? I'd love to see it. :)

Thankyou!  I'm not going to commit to posting them, but who knows. I have no idea what'll eventuate, so maybe I will do something I really want to share. Will have to see what happens :)

So I haven't been overly productive in my pre-challenge week so far, but I'm not overly worried. It's nice to have a bit of a break before the next one, especially as it's still all very new to me. I've relaxed my food intake a little, not stressing about exercising if I don't feel like it. I feel it's more beneficial for me to have a break :)

I have seen a few other spreadsheets on the forums and wanted to share mine as well  :)  I needed a way to track my challenge as a whole, not specifically including sets/reps or food macro's. I designed this Spreadsheet, where I can mark off the days I complete each challenge, and keep a running tally. It's pretty simple, but it worked awesomely for me last challenge, plus it's coloured. I like it to look pretty lol. Anyhow, I have it printed out on my noticeboard so I can just cross off the boxes. Fingers crossed the link works.

• Like 4

Oh wow, I admire the detail in your spreadsheet!

What is really cool is that, as you do more challenges, you can just add more tabs and track your workouts all the way into he past! :)

I really should do one as well. Tracking went fine last time, but could be massively improved…

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Oh wow, I admire the detail in your spreadsheet!

What is really cool is that, as you do more challenges, you can just add more tabs and track your workouts all the way into he past! :)

I really should do one as well. Tracking went fine last time, but could be massively improved…

Whoaaaaaa Very nice spreadsheet!

Thankyou :)  I use it in conjunction with a food diary and a workout log, and it all fits into an A4 binder on my desk. 

Hello fellow Doodlie! I am here to watch you crush your awesome goals!!! Love that you're working on just doing any kind of writing, that is one of my goals this time around as well  :). You're going to rock this!

• Like 1

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Hi, fellow Doodlie!  Following along with your progress.  Weddings are strong motivators.  I wasn't even in my sister's wedding last month, but I spent the first five months of the year losing a bunch of weight for it anyway. :D

Your goals are great, and I love your spreadsheet!

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Another doodly reporting in.  

Get your stretch on

cat-stretch.jpg

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Pretty spreadsheet. Go for it, especially on the creative writing. You can always use more of that in your life.

Thankyou. Yes, I always put writing last, or do a heap of prep (usually getting distracted) and then procrastinate about the actual writing. It's time to see what I can do. 

Hi, fellow Doodlie!  Following along with your progress.  Weddings are strong motivators.  I wasn't even in my sister's wedding last month, but I spent the first five months of the year losing a bunch of weight for it anyway. :D

Your goals are great, and I love your spreadsheet!

Glad to have to aboard, and thankyou! Yup, even if I wasn't in the official bridal party, I'm still going to end up in a ton of pics, and I'd rather not be the 'big' sister in any way other way than age lol. 

• Like 2

The challenge starts tomorrow, and I think I've gone through a whole range of feels about that. I'm looking forward to it, but it's also been veeeery nice having a slightly slothful week in regards to food and exercise. I haven't been logging religiously, and haven't really motivated my butt to exercise either. I know that exercise this first week will be harder than I remembered because of slacking off, and my weight will most likely have gone up a bit, but I'm not worried. I'm actually a bit excited to feel the burn and push harder. This challenge is about focus and getting sh*t done, and I'm pleased I had a break in the middle. 

I've prepared a little in advance this time too. I have my scheduled workouts written on my calendar for the first three weeks, plus allocated writing time. My work is still up in the air so I may have to vary my schedule. I'm also being fitted for orthotics this week, so I hope they don't have too much impact on what I have planned. I am a little worried about that.     

For this challenge, my Life Quest is to write creatively. Because I am very good at finding reasons not to do things, I am going to use this plan to help keep me on track. In the past, I have avoided writing with using tactics such as distraction (why hello there, Facebook), procrastination (I'll do it after I just finish doing this one, three, ten other things......) and poor planning (oops. I don't seem to have any information on that topic- I guess I'll visit the internet to do some research and oh, Hello Facebook).  I'm posting this here for accountability more than anything else, as I have this feeling that I will try and dodge this part of my challenge as much as possible. I know the reasons why, and I think approaching it head on is the best way to resolve the issue. I'm really looking forward to battling this demon :)

All in all, I cant wait for tomorrow. I'm excited to be setting off on this Adventure, and really want to see what I'm capable of by the end of it.

Tally ho!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 3

You are well prepared for an adventure.  Let's do this. 

tumblr_ms3tfrXwoW1r9hlt2o5_r1_250.gif

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Are the feet feeling nice and stretchy yet? ;)

They are feeling much better, thank you for asking! I have completed the majority of stretch/treatments so far, plus was fitted for my orthotics this week so am breaking them in too - all of which seems to be helping the pain :)

I will miss an exercise session and lower the intensity of my last session this week, just due to adjusting to the orthotics, but that's ok. Hopefully next week will be closer to target!!  

• Like 5

Week one is done, and it wasn't the best start I could have given myself. I'm still counting it as a pass, as I did complete the majority of my goals successfully.

Exercise was hindered from the start of the week, as I didn't get started until Wednesday, then went a little hard in my workout, and so was still quite sore for the remainder of the week, and only managed one low intensity session afterwards. I think it has been harder to motivate myself to complete both my exercise and my creative writing goals as I have been spending a lot of time at the computer applying for jobs, and that's quite mentally draining and has sparked up some anxiety/mood issues. I guess it's an extra challenge to work through.

The good news is that I have been pretty consistently doing my feet exercises and stretches, and also drinking more water. Also, despite falling off the calorie wagon this week (husband away for the weekend, which roughly translates to "brie cheese and crackers for dinner?"), I still lost a bit of weight. 

This weeks mission is to be mindful of the anxiety, and to use the tools I have to deal with it, and get through it, little by little. And complete my other goals. Properly. 

Today is a new day, of a new week. Lets do this. 

• Like 6

Feeling more positive today :)

Have done the first of the week's workouts, plus the first of the week's creative writing, and I'm on track with hydration, stretchy feet, and my unofficial calorie count. I think my motivation must come in cycles, so when I recognised that I was approaching the point where the thought of exercise didn't instantly get a "get stuffed" gut reaction, I mustered up 20 seconds of courage, got changed, grabbed my shoes and made a beeline for the treadmill. And then I rewarded myself with a banana smoothie that still fitted under my daily target. Nom nom nom.

And now, mentally, as well as physically, I'm soooo much better off for just doing it. Wahoo for endorphins.

Off for a lovely hot shower, and then some reading time -if I can decide on a decent book to read. I have hundreds, both normal and e-format, and do you think I can find one I want to read!! It's the bane of my existence sometimes lol. 

• Like 4

Yay for that 20 seconds of courage!  Sometimes when you're not motivated or you are down you don't want to do the thing but doing the thing is somethings just the thing to get you feeling better.  

• Like 2