CHRONOLOGICALLY BLESSED

We originally started this as an accountability group in the accountabilly buddy forum.  But we're old and got tired of recreating it for each challenge.  So we came over here instead.

This is a group for those of us who have a few more birthdays than the average Rebellion member. We love all the young whipper snapper members of the Rebellion   ;) , but it is nice to have a place to chat where people understand some of your cultural references (it was our generation that first loved Star Wars) and  what is like to train when your body is not as cooperative as it once was.

If you are over 50 (or close to) and want to join up to find all the other old  wise people, this is the group for you.

Previous threads are herehere and here, and here and here.  There may be more, since it looks like our numbering may have gotten messed up...

If you haven't joined us before, please add a short intro and link to your challenge thread/workout log/hobbit hole where you hangout on the fora.

• Like 5

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Woot, thank you. My challenge is linked in my signature and ill be focussing on sorting my eating habits out next

• Like 1
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

do any of my fellow oldies get migraines? They are a new development for me, any ideas to stop them much appreciated.

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I'm in, lift a glass to those of us who were nerd in the dark days, before nerds were cool and to raising the next generation of nerds.

• Like 7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aneralled the level 6 Hound Archon, Warrior-Druid 

STR 11|DEX 4|CON 8.5|STA 10.5|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel,       I don’t compare myself to others,        I know I impact those around me 
  and today is the first day            only to myself from yesterday.            with my actions, and so I must 
  of the rest of my life.                I shall not brag about successes           move forward, every day. 
I shall make no excuses               nor complain about my struggles,    I acknowledge fear, doubt, and
  and hold no grudges.                 but share my experiences and           despair, but I do not let them
I care not where I came from,       help my fellow Rebels.                        defeat me. I pledge my life and
  only where I am going.                                                                              honor for the Rebellion, for 
                                                                                                                         this day and all the days to come. 

do any of my fellow oldies get migraines? They are a new development for me, any ideas to stop them much appreciated.

Christartist does.  I do not.  I'll flag her down and bring her over here too.

• Like 3

Tally Sheet for 2019

I'm in, lift a glass to those of us who were nerd in the dark days, before nerds were cool and to raising the next generation of nerds.

One word.  Hollerith cards... ok, that's two words.

• Like 3

Tally Sheet for 2019

One word.  Hollerith cards... ok, that's two words.

Used them for my first couple classes in college.  After that I used them for bookmarks.

Also used Wylbur under MVS.  Currently programming in Cobol, PL/I, SAS and Adabas/Natural.

• Like 2

Used them for my first couple classes in college.  After that I used them for bookmarks.

Also used Wylbur under MVS.  Currently programming in Cobol, PL/I, SAS and Adabas/Natural.

Wow, Wylbur, that sends an old chill down my spine

I learned Cobol and PL/1 using those cards . . . ooh look there goes another gray hair

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aneralled the level 6 Hound Archon, Warrior-Druid 

STR 11|DEX 4|CON 8.5|STA 10.5|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel,       I don’t compare myself to others,        I know I impact those around me 
  and today is the first day            only to myself from yesterday.            with my actions, and so I must 
  of the rest of my life.                I shall not brag about successes           move forward, every day. 
I shall make no excuses               nor complain about my struggles,    I acknowledge fear, doubt, and
  and hold no grudges.                 but share my experiences and           despair, but I do not let them
I care not where I came from,       help my fellow Rebels.                        defeat me. I pledge my life and
  only where I am going.                                                                              honor for the Rebellion, for 
                                                                                                                         this day and all the days to come. 

Posted this in the Christian thread as well, but it applies to all of us with kids who haven't quite followed the path we thought they would/should

Had a really neat experience last night.  Christartist and I have 5 children, ages 33-27.  We're more or less estranged from 4 of them for various reasons.  None of those 4 are really walking with the Lord (IMO).  One of them (son #2) had called me several days ago while I was on a business trip.  I finally got back to him last night.  Subject: Preparing for the end times.  While it veered towards the practical quite a bit, I was able to remind him of the Bible teaching he had as a child.  It was extremely encouraging to hear him thinking about things seriously.  Had a great 90 minute or so talk with him on a wide range of subjects.  The real catalyst behind this:  his current girlfriend (and mother of child #2) is pregnant with child #3 (we knew this) and he wants to be able to keep them as safe as possible.

God works.  In His time.

• Like 2

Tally Sheet for 2019

I'm here because you know grey hair and stuff.

I have I think only had my first migraine a few weeks? Ago. Quite surprising and distressing. It may have been brought on by a good many things I think, but stress was huge at the time.

I've been researching and I found out that triggers can be from a week ago so it's almost impossible to avoid them unless you diaried everything you ate and drank and your stress levels for a few months to identify patterns.

I took ibruprofen yesterday for it and it made a little difference - I have to be nearly dead to take pills for anything. Still have a slight headache and visual disturbances today but better than yesterday. Visual disturbances are not good because I'm a designer, I need my sight.

• Like 2

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Posted this in the Christian thread as well, but it applies to all of us with kids who haven't quite followed the path we thought they would/should

Had a really neat experience last night. Christartist and I have 5 children, ages 33-27. We're more or less estranged from 4 of them for various reasons. None of those 4 are really walking with the Lord (IMO). One of them (son #2) had called me several days ago while I was on a business trip. I finally got back to him last night. Subject: Preparing for the end times. While it veered towards the practical quite a bit, I was able to remind him of the Bible teaching he had as a child. It was extremely encouraging to hear him thinking about things seriously. Had a great 90 minute or so talk with him on a wide range of subjects. The real catalyst behind this: his current girlfriend (and mother of child #2) is pregnant with child #3 (we knew this) and he wants to be able to keep them as safe as possible.

God works. In His time.

I love this. It does a mother heart good.

We've got 5 of the 6 still on this side of eternity, ages 30 - 23. Two middle sons just got hired with a long haul trucking company, and one of those boys had been... Not estranged per se, but we don't pester them to be communicative, you know? We let them interact with mom and dad on their own terms. That way they don't feel like the apron strings are still attached.

So son #3 tells me last night that his lead driver just picked him up for their 28-day long haul. And casually Oh by the way, mom, I got a tattoo.

I don't have objections to ink in itself, but what you can get says alot about you. I kinda let him chatter about it - he was being unusually open, just like your son, and I didn't want to push.

I was mildly pleased to see that he got a decorative cross. And he wants to get Matthew 16:23 under it. If all the ink he could get, he chose this. I'm hoping his soul is similarly branded.

I hadn't seen there was a Christian subforum, could you give a link for that?

Lastly while I'm here (and no double post), hubby and I were hit by another car on Sunday afternoon. He's fine, but I've got whiplash. Our cute little red '98 Ford Ranger likely will be totaled, which makes us very sad, and we're hoping it can be saved from having to relinquish it.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

• Like 2

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

When vehicles are totaled, you can often buy them back from the insurance company for a pittance

• Like 1

Tally Sheet for 2019

• Like 1

Tally Sheet for 2019

Thank you!

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

Edited so as to not double-post:  Here's my challenge thread for the next challenge.  

Oldie here, 64 year old Londoner on a mission to reverse my physical age lol, seems to be working to a large extent, no falling asleep on the couch in the early evening anymore.

Still do lots of gigs and festivals, growing old is one thing but growing up is a choice.

• Like 5

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Oldie here, 64 year old Londoner on a mission to reverse my physical age lol, seems to be working to a large extent, no falling asleep on the couch in the early evening anymore.

Still do lots of gigs and festivals, growing old is one thing but growing up is a choice.

Welcome, Nightside.  Congrats on the overcoming those early evening sleepies. 

I was friends with the head of the Purdue University Computing Center in the 80's and 90's (John Steele).  He admitted to keeping a functioning punch card machine in inventory so he could keep ordering cards to use as note paper.

• Like 1

Tally Sheet for 2019

Welcome aboard.  Like the quote.  What kinds of gigs and festivals?  In the states, that would imply music or dance or acting of some sort.

Tally Sheet for 2019

Welcome aboard.  Like the quote.  What kinds of gigs and festivals?  In the states, that would imply music or dance or acting of some sort.

Its quite eclectic really.

Last weekend it was Human League, Pixie Lott and Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel plus others at a small Essex festival then again I have tickets for, Maximo Park (awesome live) Family (a reformed band from my youth) Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel ( a personal hero).

In the last few years i have seen:

Muse

Primal Scream (numerous times)

Bloc Party

Biffy Clyro

Roxy Music

The Cure (beyond great and a 3 hour set)

Kaiser Chiefs

Human League, again

Maximo Park, again

Manic Street Preachers

Paloma Faith

Ultravox, a blast from my New Romantic days, did I really dress like that.

Paul Weller

Buzzcocks, from my Punk days, lol.

Arcade Fire, several times

British Sea Power

And many many more going back many decades, I doubt that there are many bands and acts i have not seen at one time.

• Like 1

I just celebrated my 50th birthday last challenge. Been a part of NF almost since the beginning, love it, and I feel healthier and stronger than I did at 30.

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I just celebrated my 50th birthday last challenge. Been a part of NF almost since the beginning, love it, and I feel healthier and stronger than I did at 30.

Great to hear, i suspect a lot of us, me included, took our health and fitness for granted. In my twenties i though i was immortal, drinking and partying constantly, then in my late thirties i found out that actions have consequences.

Now I can do almost anything i did when i was young and fsr more than i coulg ten years ago.

• Like 1