CHRONOLOGICALLY BLESSED

Wow two more sudden deaths near me. Good friend of a coworker (dead in her hotel room) and the daughter of a friend (murdered, we're guessing by the abusive husband )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

oh my! how awful for everyone involved!
Be kind to yourself x

STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

The friend's daughter now appears to have been a semi random murder (ie, not the husband) and the suspect is in custody.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Went white water kayaking on the Peshtigo and Wolf rivers in Wisconsin Fri - Mon.

Hit head on rock while white water kayaking Sunday.  Got caught on a rock at the top of a steep drop.  Manuevered off the rock but into some pretty turbulent water.  Got flipped over and rock hit my forehead pretty hard.  We wear helmets, but the face and part of forehead are exposed.  Wondered at the time how bad it was and whether I should do a quick wet exit in case I passed out.  Managed to flip myself upright and paddled to the shore.  Fortunately all I had was a bruise, a bump, a stiff neck, and a story to tell.  Other than that, I had a good time.  

Kayakers often "hook up" with who ever happens to be around cause we like to paddle in groups.  This time my friend and I joined 2 others at the put in.  I had seen the older guy before.  While we were paddling, I asked him how old he was.  He is 72yrs old.  That is an impressive age to be doing a sport like ww kayaking which involves getting flipped upside down in fast moving water.  He's getting less steady carrying his boat on dry land, but still paddling.  

• Like 5

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Oldie here, 64 year old Londoner on a mission to reverse my physical age lol, seems to be working to a large extent, no falling asleep on the couch in the early evening anymore.

Still do lots of gigs and festivals, growing old is one thing but growing up is a choice.

Welcome Oldie :-) I'm in Bristol and go to lots of gigs - I would love to see Iggy Pop in London in May but it's £84!!!!! And I find London really stressfull, not worth it!

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Went white water kayaking on the Peshtigo and Wolf rivers in Wisconsin Fri - Mon.

Hit head on rock while white water kayaking Sunday.  Got caught on a rock at the top of a steep drop.  Manuevered off the rock but into some pretty turbulent water.  Got flipped over and rock hit my forehead pretty hard.  We wear helmets, but the face and part of forehead are exposed.  Wondered at the time how bad it was and whether I should do a quick wet exit in case I passed out.  Managed to flip myself upright and paddled to the shore.  Fortunately all I had was a bruise, a bump, a stiff neck, and a story to tell.  Other than that, I had a good time.  

Ouch, I've been caught in rapids before and it was terrifying! I'm so glad you are ok!

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

5 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

It's getting cooler here by the day, motivation is waning just slightly! I have put up another Challenge, but was seriously thinking about letting them go for a while and just focus ( if I could GIF, Dwayne Johnson would go here ) ;)

How is everyone going? 

Honestly, not great.

Haven't been to the gym in months.  Allergies are making me nuts (combination of warm winter and wet spring, being North of the line we're getting into Spring now.).  I sat out the last challenge because I just wasn't up for it, now my pants are getting snug again.  

Seems like all I do lately go-to-work-come-home-eat-sleep-go-to-work-rinse-repeat.  Need a vacation.

Thanks for letting me bellyache.

• Like 1
On 5/3/2016 at 1:48 AM, SevenofSeven said:

How is everyone going? 

Not so good here. I had success in January and February, then washed out in March and April. I had reasonably good reasons to be distracted from my challenge, but I'm still disappointed. April was my Birthday Month and I had big plans. I will be better at managing my expectations for May..... if I get around to outlining a challenge. I'm tempted to sit it out and just keep a DBL.

• Like 2

It's getting worse. This is what going throug the menopause, not sleeping (hot flushes) not being able to run because of a knee injury and not being able to lift because of a shoulder injury has done. I am despondent.

The new HRT means I'm getting at least 6 hours of decent sleep now so I can start to address the food - I've been so tired I was using sugar just to get home from town.

I hated how big I was in the Oct 2015 photos, I really don't like what I see now.

I'm not even going to bother with measurements, I can bloat 5 inches in a day, it's meaningless measuring.

Oct6th2015.jpg

May6th2016.jpg

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

10 hours ago, Scumspawn said:

It's getting worse. This is what going throug the menopause, not sleeping (hot flushes) not being able to run because of a knee injury and not being able to lift because of a shoulder injury has done. I am despondent.

The new HRT means I'm getting at least 6 hours of decent sleep now so I can start to address the food - I've been so tired I was using sugar just to get home from town.

I hated how big I was in the Oct 2015 photos, I really don't like what I see now.

I'm not even going to bother with measurements, I can bloat 5 inches in a day, it's meaningless measuring.

Oct6th2015.jpg

May6th2016.jpg

Sorry, hoping that once your hormones get more under control it will help. I know that for me, getting the food under control really helped with all the meopause symptoms. And it does eventually end. 

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry, hoping that once your hormones get more under control it will help. I know that for me, getting the food under control really helped with all the meopause symptoms. And it does eventually end. 

Thanks Elastigirl. It's a bit of a catch 22 - when I can't sleep I really cannot eat properly, I crave sugar and carbs. Sleep is the key to all this. I'm a little bit worried that a common side effect of the HRT is weight gain, because I don't want to get bigger! But, without the HRT I can't sleep at all well.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Today is always the best day to exercise.

So what is everyone doing to get off there azz today?

I will either go to a nearby lake and practice paddling and kayak rolls, or go to the gym and do my core w/o.

I guarantee some is better than none,  

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

3 hours ago, peelout said:

Today is always the best day to exercise.

So what is everyone doing to get off there azz today?

I will either go to a nearby lake and practice paddling and kayak rolls, or go to the gym and do my core w/o.

I guarantee some is better than none,  

Sounds like a fun day. I will take a walk and work in our yard. I have veggies to plant!

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

18 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Sounds like a fun day. I will take a walk and work in our yard. I have veggies to plant!

Heading to the gym, working on dips and pull ups, still working towards my first unassisted pull up. Not there yet but working on it

• Like 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aneralled the level 6 Hound Archon, Warrior-Druid 

STR 11|DEX 4|CON 8.5|STA 10.5|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel,       I don’t compare myself to others,        I know I impact those around me 
  and today is the first day            only to myself from yesterday.            with my actions, and so I must 
  of the rest of my life.                I shall not brag about successes           move forward, every day. 
I shall make no excuses               nor complain about my struggles,    I acknowledge fear, doubt, and
  and hold no grudges.                 but share my experiences and           despair, but I do not let them
I care not where I came from,       help my fellow Rebels.                        defeat me. I pledge my life and
  only where I am going.                                                                              honor for the Rebellion, for 
                                                                                                                         this day and all the days to come. 

Has anyone here read Level Up Your Life.  If so, what did you think.  If you thought it was positive, what improvements or actual changes have you made in your life as a result of it.

Also, strangely enough, my credit score went up now that I took out a loan to buy a car.  It's normally pretty high anyway, around 790 on one of the scales w >800 being the best category you can be in.  Now that I took out a loan, this month (my bank sends me my score every month) my score jumped to around 806.  That seems a little crazy.

Current Challenge 

My 18.5yr old son calls me last night at around 8pm and wants to know if its alright if his girl friend spends the night.  Says her parents are OK w/ it.  I'm like "where will she sleep"?  He says "in his room".  

Now I'm pretty liberal, and I'm not naive enough to think everyones a virgin till they are married.  But I had to say no on this one.  I was really floored that her parents were OK w/ it, though I'm sure there are plenty of parents who think I'm too liberal and her parents are wonderful people.  Guess I just draw the line at my front door.  Same thing went for my daughter.  She's 20.5 and I still wouldn't let her boy friend sleep in her bed in my house unless they get married.

Guess part of me is still a little old fashioned.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

11 hours ago, peelout said:

My 18.5yr old son calls me last night at around 8pm and wants to know if its alright if his girl friend spends the night.  Says her parents are OK w/ it.  I'm like "where will she sleep"?  He says "in his room".  

Now I'm pretty liberal, and I'm not naive enough to think everyones a virgin till they are married.  But I had to say no on this one.  I was really floored that her parents were OK w/ it, though I'm sure there are plenty of parents who think I'm too liberal and her parents are wonderful people.  Guess I just draw the line at my front door.  Same thing went for my daughter.  She's 20.5 and I still wouldn't let her boy friend sleep in her bed in my house unless they get married.

Guess part of me is still a little old fashioned.

Even if you felt it was ok, it'd be interesting to have a conversation with her parents just to verify that "ok with her parents" bit.   

• Like 3

Tally Sheet for 2019

1 hour ago, wildross said:

Even if you felt it was ok, it'd be interesting to have a conversation with her parents just to verify that "ok with her parents" bit.   

Good point.

Current Challenge 

4 hours ago, originalpiratematerial said:

Hello all. I'm here with a nice positive oldie story. Yesterday I completed my first (and quite possibly last and only) half marathon, and I'm just three weeks short of my 51st birthday.

Congrats on running a half marathon. I love positive oldie stories.  Keeps me believing there are still mountains I can climb.  Maybe not the biggest ones, but mountains none the less.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

31 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I think the world could use a bit more 'old fashioned'

Are you an oldie newbie or a newbie oldie?  Whatever that means, welcome to NF and the oldies site.  Haven't seen your name before.

Current Challenge 

Father stuff. It really feels good to hear your children passing on your advice to their children, or their siblings kids. We were with 4 of our kids the last 2 weeks and I heard my voice or their mothers voice from all 4 of them in addressing the next generation. In the case of my son I told him it was funny to hear him give his son my advice. He said.it.felt odd too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Tally Sheet for 2019

9 hours ago, originalpiratematerial said:

Hello all. I'm here with a nice positive oldie story. Yesterday I completed my first (and quite possibly last and only) half marathon, and I'm just three weeks short of my 51st birthday.

Woohoo!!