CHRONOLOGICALLY BLESSED

8 hours ago, Rebe_J said:

Wow. That sounds miserable.

Diet has been the best thing to control my hot flashes and other menopausal crap. When I stick to a Whole30 meal template most of the time, I have few, if any symptoms. Sleep is a big factor, too.

I have to remember to drink a lot of water and avoid sugar and alcohol. Sugar and coffee are challenges for me. Once I start with the sugar, watch out. None is better than one.

Good luck!

Whole 30 makes me miserable, but I can certainly cut out sugar. I don't drink much coffee and I've cut down a lot on alcohol. Thanks for the tip.

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Agreeing with Rebe. I'm better when my diet is dialed in. Too much sugar and caffeine is a big trigger for me. I am so sensitive to caffeine now, it's just crazy.  Have you tried any of the natural supplements for sleep, like Valerian or melatonin? Also sleeping in a super dark room, make sure all electronic are off or lights are covered. We bought  blinds that are blackout so no light gets in.  When I go to bed I have just one blanket on, or maybe just  a sheet, so that I start out a little cool. Walking really helps my sleep. I find that if I walk 10,000 steps, I sleep much better. We also got an in window air conditioner which I love. I get the room super cold before I go to bed, and then turn it off. My husband thinks I'm a bit crazy to be using it now that fall is here, but having the room cool helps so much.

Not even heavy duty knock out sleeping pills work - the hot flushes wake me up through anything. Melatonin has been great in the past for resetting bad sleep schedules but it's not going to work for this.

I have blackout, I have good sleep hygene, it's the hot flushes that wake me up all the time and nothing seems to help that. I sleep on my own mostly which is a blessing!

STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

13 hours ago, Scumspawn said:

Whole 30 makes me miserable, but I can certainly cut out sugar. I don't drink much coffee and I've cut down a lot on alcohol. Thanks for the tip.

Not even heavy duty knock out sleeping pills work - the hot flushes wake me up through anything. Melatonin has been great in the past for resetting bad sleep schedules but it's not going to work for this.

I have blackout, I have good sleep hygene, it's the hot flushes that wake me up all the time and nothing seems to help that. I sleep on my own mostly which is a blessing!

Instead of having sugar before you go to bed, have a carb that is a bit more nutritious. For the most part, I no longer have hot flashes (hope I didn't just jinx myself) but I do wake up in the middle of the night with insomnia. I go through times where having a small carb like half a banana, or some sweet potato before bed helps.  

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

23 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Instead of having sugar before you go to bed, have a carb that is a bit more nutritious. For the most part, I no longer have hot flashes (hope I didn't just jinx myself) but I do wake up in the middle of the night with insomnia. I go through times where having a small carb like half a banana, or some sweet potato before bed helps.  

I'm using the sugar crash to get me to sleep during the day, when I'm so wired I can't sleep to catch up at all, I don't usually eat after 7 and my last meal of the day always has carbs. The sugar problem is more mid day when I'm not functioning but can't sleep. I have noticed that if I have too many carbs that brings on a hot flush too, guess it's them converting to sugar?

Ate well today, no sugar apart from some honey and some grapes, no crap anyway.

Thanks for your support everyone. Fitness tracker is back on my wrist, I did some squats when i was brushing my teeth...... baby steps

• Like 2

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

23 hours ago, Mark D said:

Just curious, has anyone seen Granny Nogg around lately?  

I haven't.I wonder how she is doing?

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I've messaged with her. Moving her grandmother introduced a new dynamic. As of early summer, she was doing well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

On 7/13/2016 at 8:40 AM, megnaripd said:

Too damn busy, need to carve out time for the important things like updating NF. I really need to get back into the challenges they were fun. 

Still hitting the gym regularly. The trainer I work with has me doing a TRX routine, not bad so far. Any opinions? 

Are you still doing TRX?  Wondered what you or anyone else thinks about it (that have actually used it, not just those with an opinion on anything and everything).  

Saw some posts about "when NF would die".  I used to be on a site called PeerTrainer. PT was one of the first fitness blog sites I think.  Apparently used to have tons of members.  Now it has at most 3 members that post at best every day.  A couple more that might post once a week.  It was interesting to watch its demise.  People like fresh and I don't think that site changed anything from day 1 of its inception.  

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

12 minutes ago, peelout said:

Are you still doing TRX?  Wondered what you or anyone else thinks about it (that have actually used it, not just those with an opinion on anything and everything).  

Saw some posts about "when NF would die".  I used to be on a site called PeerTrainer. PT was one of the first fitness blog sites I think.  Apparently used to have tons of members.  Now it has at most 3 members that post at best every day.  A couple more that might post once a week.  It was interesting to watch its demise.  People like fresh and I don't think that site changed anything from day 1 of its inception.  

Yes, still doing TRX, I like it. Doing more advanced exercises and including the RIP bar that was ingesting. One handed squat rows are serious effort. 

I alternate TRX with weights, so it's basically TRX night, then free weights, then a recovery day and repeat. 

So far so good

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aneralled the level 6 Hound Archon, Warrior-Druid 

STR 11|DEX 4|CON 8.5|STA 10.5|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel,       I don’t compare myself to others,        I know I impact those around me 
  and today is the first day            only to myself from yesterday.            with my actions, and so I must 
  of the rest of my life.                I shall not brag about successes           move forward, every day. 
I shall make no excuses               nor complain about my struggles,    I acknowledge fear, doubt, and
  and hold no grudges.                 but share my experiences and           despair, but I do not let them
I care not where I came from,       help my fellow Rebels.                        defeat me. I pledge my life and
  only where I am going.                                                                              honor for the Rebellion, for 
                                                                                                                         this day and all the days to come. 

4 minutes ago, megnaripd said:

Yes, still doing TRX, I like it. Doing more advanced exercises and including the RIP bar that was ingesting. One handed squat rows are serious effort. 

I alternate TRX with weights, so it's basically TRX night, then free weights, then a recovery day and repeat. 

So far so good

Can you list the exercise you do in your TRX w/o?  Since I let the gym go, I've been thinking of checking this out more.

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Hey, Minna thanks for waking us up. Looks like  we've forgotten to post here  in a while.

I'm ready to start the new year. I ramped up the sugar eating over the holiday, and I need to get that back under control. If I let it get to out of control, not only do I gain weight, it messes with my hormones, mood, and even my joints start to tell me about it.

What I have been doing good this last couple weeks is making bone broth. It's been cold here, and the broth has been really tasty.  

Ugh, sugar. I've never really done a long enough sugar fast to see how it affects me, but now that I'm on the high side of 45, my joints are complaining (and so is my scale). 

I'm aiming to make good healthy crockpot recipes in the near future - if you have one you particularly like, let me know! :)

• Like 1
Level 10 Ranger | Respawned
Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Peers: Chronologically Blessed
1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We all died of old-age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speak for yourself, dude. I plan to go out in a blaze of ... something. 

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance

Still here.  In fact, trying to figure out why my hip and shoulder joints are so darn sore regardless of all the self-care I do.  Just old age I guess.
Uncle Arthur has stayed away this far

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tally Sheet for 2019

I'm still here. I may frequently be looking for misplaced reading glasses, but I can still do more pullups than my son, so I figure it's all good.:)

• Like 1

I'm still here. I may frequently be looking for misplaced reading glasses, but I can still do more pullups than my son, so I figure it's all good.[emoji4]
You see the video of Jen thinks doing 25!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tally Sheet for 2019

Half here. I've spent the last year rehabbing torn rotator cuffs. I still can't get a sports bra on without that being a major workout.

So, no lifting and nothing that involves jumping up and down has meant I've gone up another dress size.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%