CHRONOLOGICALLY BLESSED

I think I might have gotten through mine... Can't really be sure in my case, but the hot flashes, night sweats, and raging appetite all seem to have left the building. My only useful tip is to drink a lot of cool water before bedtime, because waking up to pee at 4am is easier than waking up to sweat buckets at 4am. Made a difference for me, anyway.

I just went with the appetite. I actually "lost" about 5# while I was eating the paint off the walls (and thought, wow, this is fantastic!)... then promptly "gained" all of it back and then some. And then it leveled out a month or so later, pretty much as if nothing had ever happened.

It was my second or third round of hot flashes and night sweats in the past year or so. If that was the whole thing, then I think I got off pretty easy. We'll see.

• Like 3

balance in mind ... body in motion ... making inertia my bitch

Lv.2 warmonkey | 2 STR, 3 STA, 3 DEX, 5 CON, 4 WIS, 2 CHA

Challenges: Current | Previous

I have been awake on and off since 3am, either boiling, freezing or needing a pee. This is year 2 for me, it gets better for a while then returns.

• Like 1
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Well I gotta ask for some help. I'm struggling with my food spiraling out of control. Combine that with a lack of exercise from the car accident, and I'm putting on a little weight. Only a few pounds so far; but I feel like I need to get this back in line.

I'm reaching for easy carbs and that is triggering cravings for sugar and salt as well. I'm not even eating much in the way of vegetables or drinking enough water. My psoriasis has been triggered now , which is disappointing (I'd been psoriasis free for nearly a year). I'm also not tracking my macros like I had been.

I can get back to tracking with a little accountability, but kicking the carb cravings is harder. I would like some suggestions for either dialing them back or going cold turkey, keeping in mind my limited mobility in the kitchen.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

I would guess that's some combination of side effects from the meds plus your body needing extra fuel for healing? If you like green juice or smoothies, they might be a good choice right now. Carbs with lots of nutrients in them should be good, too, like sweet potatoes, potatoes (skin on for lower glycemic load), maybe beans if you like them. I have recently discovered that I love sweet potato discs baked in the oven via this post. I cut mine about 1/4" thick, and to me they are like little cakes, very sweet with a great texture. Also, I have a recipe for a delicious vegetable soup that I like to make when I'm feeling under the weather. The woman I got it from calls it Miracle Soup because it makes your body feel so amazing. It has sweet potatoes in it. It's easy to make and so yummy (even my teenage son liked it). Let me know if you'd like to have it and I can send you the document.

• Like 3

Level 4 Slayer

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 6 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Battle log

Mantra for 2015: I am here

"Riskless is hardly worth your effort." Seth Godin

Boiled eggs, always a must have in the fridge, when prepping your veggies for any meals put some aside in containers for the fridge. Water, water, water! If you can tolerate them, bananas.

Once you get back to mindful eating you'll get back into the swing of things! :)

Good luck GN.

This is a great idea.  I like hard boiled eggs (or even deviled eggs or egg salad filling, all of which are easy).  Thank you.  And you're right about the water.  I have gotten so used to ignoring the water reminder app on my phone that I don't even hear it any more.  That's something I can go back to listening for and responding to the app to track my water intake. 

I would guess that's some combination of side effects from the meds plus your body needing extra fuel for healing? If you like green juice or smoothies, they might be a good choice right now. Carbs with lots of nutrients in them should be good, too, like sweet potatoes, potatoes (skin on for lower glycemic load), maybe beans if you like them. I have recently discovered that I love sweet potato discs baked in the oven via this post. I cut mine about 1/4" thick, and to me they are like little cakes, very sweet with a great texture. Also, I have a recipe for a delicious vegetable soup that I like to make when I'm feeling under the weather. The woman I got it from calls it Miracle Soup because it makes your body feel so amazing. It has sweet potatoes in it. It's easy to make and so yummy (even my teenage son liked it). Let me know if you'd like to have it and I can send you the document.

Thank you, for reminding me about the meds.  Yes, some amount of the problem could be coming from them.  And possibly some from fuel for healing!  You have some wisdom there, friend.  

I do like green smoothies, yes.  Kale smoothies with mango and pineapple are a favorite, thanks for that reminder.  I love baked sweet potatoes, and also baked butternut squash.  I have two of the latter in my pantry right now and it doesn't take hardly any work to bake them.  That shall be dinner tonite!  I'd also like your recipe for your soup.

I was praying about this yesterday, and I think God gave me the following idea:  That for every carb-laden food I eat, I could eat an equal volume of the non-starchy veggie of my choice.  That will deal with some of my guilt over eating more carbs than normal, and will help reduce the amount of carbs I'm eating because I have to have the same amount of vegetables.  Fruit I have no problem with and eat plenty of that.  

Thanks for your help, girls.  Means alot.  <3

• Like 2

Boiled eggs, always a must have in the fridge, when prepping your veggies for any meals put some aside in containers for the fridge. Water, water, water! If you can tolerate them, bananas.

Once you get back to mindful eating you'll get back into the swing of things! :)

Good luck GN.

Be careful around bananas if you're watching carbs

• Like 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aneralled the level 6 Hound Archon, Warrior-Druid 

STR 11|DEX 4|CON 8.5|STA 10.5|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel,       I don’t compare myself to others,        I know I impact those around me 
  and today is the first day            only to myself from yesterday.            with my actions, and so I must 
  of the rest of my life.                I shall not brag about successes           move forward, every day. 
I shall make no excuses               nor complain about my struggles,    I acknowledge fear, doubt, and
  and hold no grudges.                 but share my experiences and           despair, but I do not let them
I care not where I came from,       help my fellow Rebels.                        defeat me. I pledge my life and
  only where I am going.                                                                              honor for the Rebellion, for 
                                                                                                                         this day and all the days to come. 

Strange about the music volume, my 24 year old son complains about how loud i have music playing which i used to get from my Dad, then again my hearing is not what it was.

• Like 2

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I picked up some eggs for hard boiling, some green bananas (the greener they are, the fewer carbs, and I don't mind them green), I made the miracle soup on Monday to rave reviews. I made myself a promise that for every carby food I eat, I'll eat an equal amount of veggies. Also went back to regularly eating edamame and humus, which help with feeling the need to snack.

I'm not back on track yet, but it's better. Thanks again.

Lastly... Doesn't it drive you nuts when people share posts on Facebook when they haven't checked the facts? And then when you give them the snopes link, they don't care. They'd rather continue to spread misinformation. They get into an 'it's not my problem' sheeple attitude. Yikes.

• Like 4

Thanks for the help, everyone. I picked up some eggs for hard boiling, some green bananas (the greener they are, the fewer carbs, and I don't mind them green), I made the miracle soup on Monday to rave reviews. I made myself a promise that for every carby food I eat, I'll eat an equal amount of veggies. Also went back to regularly eating edamame and humus, which help with feeling the need to snack.

I'm not back on track yet, but it's better. Thanks again.

Lastly... Doesn't it drive you nuts when people share posts on Facebook when they haven't checked the facts? And then when you give them the snopes link, they don't care. They'd rather continue to spread misinformation. They get into an 'it's not my problem' sheeple attitude. Yikes.

So glad you found some things that are working for you!

• Like 1

Level 4 Slayer

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 6 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Battle log

Mantra for 2015: I am here

"Riskless is hardly worth your effort." Seth Godin

Today's sign of age.  I'm not excited about the new, more powerful work laptop I just received....

• Like 3

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Once you've quit gaming it just doesn't seem to matter anymore.

I've never been a gamer
  • Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Once you've quit gaming it just doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Oh yes! At some point we realize that the technology got ahead of us. And we don't care; we don't want to learn the "new".

Today's sign of age.  I'm not excited about the new, more powerful work laptop I just received....

It's been a very long time since I've gotten excited over a new computer.  I've been a programmer for nearly 30 years, to me it's a tool.  I usually buy one generation behind the current standard (because it's got the bugs worked out, I'd rather not be a beta-tester), I don't mess with it, and I replace it when it no longer serves my purposes.  I liken getting excited over my computer being like a carpenter getting excited over a new saw.  Yeah, it's nice, maybe makes my job easier/better, but in the end it's more important that it be reliable than anything else.  When I get called at 2:00 am for a production problem my computer HAS to work.

• Like 2

I suggested last challenge that wildross put this here, then I promptly forgot to follow.

Migraines....mine come from three angles...stress, or weather (air pressure changes) or crap food build up in my gut. Of course, I might skate past 1, 2 means a migraine, and all 3 is the trifecta which means pharmaceuticals.

For all migraines - peppermint essential oil on the back of the neck, lavender essential oil on the forehead. This combo has turned back a migraine for me. There are others, but I keep it simple when I am in pain.

Stress solution - I have two racket balls in a sock...and with the essential oils, I lay down worth that under my neck to provide tension, while I smell the EO to relax.

I've been known to have a top shelf long island Ice tea to relax my shoulder muscles, but not as much now that I'm eating cleaner over all.

That brings me to clean eating. ..if I've eaten crap long enough to get a build up inside, it's a toxic migraine for me. This may be tmi, but I'm already talking about crap...so, I took a chance an gave myself an enema. ..and as I was flushed, the headache left. The key here is to eat clean!

Air pressure. Storm fronts would do it in ohio, but here in florida, that is every day and the east and the west crash right over the spine of florida! The only way to avoid this one is to keep an eye on the other two.

I went through meno pause when I was 29, and that's about when the migraines started. I have also been trained in biofeedback to help with knowing my body.

Otc med - Tylenol based migraine med...exedrine. I have not been good about the dosing on the bottle.

I have tried several prescription drugs for the trifectas, I have had some great Drugs given in the er, and I had a very powerful nasal med that finally knocked out a 6 week migraine. That med was Uber scary!

Ok. ..I'll step down for a while!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Today's sign of age. I'm not excited about the new, more powerful work laptop I just received....

Not only not excited. ...he didn't even all me "is it there yet?"

On the other hand, I know he's looking forward to the new house to create his own lab and to play with some new tools that maybe we can both learn.

The kids got a bit upset one time that I was always getting the new computer and wildross would suffer with my "old" pc. No one asked WR what he thought, but he was always giddy to get my leftovers. It was usually about the time he was fed up with fixing the windows problems I was having with mine, and it was about time that he wanted a new Unix machine! Oddly....I'm not sure we'll be able to retire the desk top this time. Laptops and tablets and phones are going to bury them!

Adventurer by choice

I suggested last challenge that wildross put this here, then I promptly forgot to follow.

Migraines....mine come from three angles...stress, or weather (air pressure changes) or crap food build up in my gut. Of course, I might skate past 1, 2 means a migraine, and all 3 is the trifecta which means pharmaceuticals.

For all migraines - peppermint essential oil on the back of the neck, lavender essential oil on the forehead. This combo has turned back a migraine for me. There are others, but I keep it simple when I am in pain.

Stress solution - I have two racket balls in a sock...and with the essential oils, I lay down worth that under my neck to provide tension, while I smell the EO to relax.

I've been known to have a top shelf long island Ice tea to relax my shoulder muscles, but not as much now that I'm eating cleaner over all.

That brings me to clean eating. ..if I've eaten crap long enough to get a build up inside, it's a toxic migraine for me. This may be tmi, but I'm already talking about crap...so, I took a chance an gave myself an enema. ..and as I was flushed, the headache left. The key here is to eat clean!

Air pressure. Storm fronts would do it in ohio, but here in florida, that is every day and the east and the west crash right over the spine of florida! The only way to avoid this one is to keep an eye on the other two.

I went through meno pause when I was 29, and that's about when the migraines started. I have also been trained in biofeedback to help with knowing my body.

Otc med - Tylenol based migraine med...exedrine. I have not been good about the dosing on the bottle.

I have tried several prescription drugs for the trifectas, I have had some great Drugs given in the er, and I had a very powerful nasal med that finally knocked out a 6 week migraine. That med was Uber scary!

Ok. ..I'll step down for a while!

A former girlfriend suffered from migraines.  Her usual method if dealing was to lay in the dark room with a cold cloth over her eyes.

One time we took a trip to Washington DC, ir was normally about a 4 hour drive for us.  She didn't drive so I had to drive the whole way.  The trip took us almost nine hours because of heavy traffic, and we rolled into the hotel with her having a migraine.  Since I'd just spent 9 hours behind the wheel without more than a bathroom break, I wasn't in the mood to deal with it, so I closed the blinds, had her lay on the bed face down, and took a can of Lite beer out of the mini-bar, put it on the back of her neck, then grabbed a real beer for myself.  She said she never got over a migraine that fast in her life.

• Like 3

Migraines -- for me it depends on why I'm having it, and where.  But I do second the Excedrin Migraine.  If I catch it early, generally I only need one pill.  

Sinus migraines are usually behind my eyes and mean I need to go back to Flonase.  (It usually means I'd been slacking off on taking the Flonase, actually....)  If it's gotten bad, then I need an antihistamine, too.  But usually it'll only last a day if I catch it early enough.

Dehydration migraines I get in my right temple.  Time to get LOTS of water in me, stat!  I don't get these often, fortunately.  But hot weather in the midwest and playing 36 holes of disc golf in open sun can really sap that moisture right outta ya. 

Stress migraines seem to like both temples, so when I get those it's time do do something fun, if I can.  Prayer helps alot with this, too, just to release things to God's hands if I can.  If I catch it early and I don't have the time to slow down and get some play time in, then the Excedrin helps. 

• Like 2

Mark D....sounds like you did the perfect thing for you gf!

I've used bottles of pop in the car. I even have eye shades that block all light!

The kids were quite the team when I got one. ..the boys grabbed blankets and put them over the windows (too big for blinds), I got meds, the girls got ice, oils, or whatever else. Them they'd be so quiet. ...it was time to do thier quiet work!

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice