CHRONOLOGICALLY BLESSED

I'm still here too, though not active on NF. I've lost my job, gained a ton of weight and been consumed by the kind of Sarlacc-pit depression that digests you for thousands of years. I'm also reading Jenny Lawson's book Furiously Happy, so that one day I might be able to write really depressing sentences like the last one in a witty, self-deprecating and mildly hopeful way.

Level 10 Ranger | Respawned
Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Peers: Chronologically Blessed
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:07 AM, Scumspawn said:

Half here. I've spent the last year rehabbing torn rotator cuffs. I still can't get a sports bra on without that being a major workout.

So, no lifting and nothing that involves jumping up and down has meant I've gone up another dress size.

1 hour ago, Minna said:

I'm still here too, though not active on NF. I've lost my job, gained a ton of weight and been consumed by the kind of Sarlacc-pit depression that digests you for thousands of years. I'm also reading Jenny Lawson's book Furiously Happy, so that one day I might be able to write really depressing sentences like the last one in a witty, self-deprecating and mildly hopeful way.

Sorry to hear it's been so tough for you guys. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I thought this was a great article on how to age gracefully. 

http://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/how-to-age-gracefully

Anybody else seen some good articles  on how to exercise  when you are a bit older than 20?:)

I thought I would see if I could resurrect this thread. I think there are several of us on here that are older.  I think @wildross listed the age as 50, but   feel free to join in even if you haven't quite met that grand landmark

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I just pinned this so newcomers can find it more easily. I acknowledge I'm underaged here, please note I have stayed on the sidewalk to make this announcement and have not actually set foot on your lawn.

*backs away slowly*

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I just pinned this so newcomers can find it more easily. I acknowledge I'm underaged here, please note I have stayed on the sidewalk to make this announcement and have not actually set foot on your lawn.

*backs away slowly*

i supposed since you are dong a good deed we don't need to shake our canes at you ( or only a little warning shake at least:))

16 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

i supposed since you are dong a good deed we don't need to shake our canes at you ( or only a little warning shake at least:))

I say we give him a good, firm, syrupy, "bless his heaarrrt!" That'll show 'im!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I just pinned this so newcomers oldtimers can find it more easily. I acknowledge I'm underaged here, please note I have stayed on the sidewalk to make this announcement and have not actually set foot on your lawn.

*backs away slowly*

giphy.gif

• Like 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

*backs away slowly*

Maybe make the thread title larger and bolder text too so we don't have to strain to see it? :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

I think this will relate here more than anywhere else, just talked to a co-worker who I've been running with for the past 10 years about an upcoming Halloween run which falls the weekend before the normal Halloween parties, so I'm super excited "We don't have to miss any of the Halloween parties at the fire house etc etc...." him "Yea I don't have to worry about that anymore my kids are Sophomore and Jr  in high school"  me " :o " I remember him telling stories about his kids growing up this project that project field trips the whole nine yards I just can't believe that time moves this fast, better enjoy life now than waiting until the end. 

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

So.... after 2 years rehabbing frozen shoulders I'm going back to the gym tonight.

I know I'm going to have to restrain myself and stop striving to be better all the time, that is how I hurt myself in the first place.

Any tips on that would be very welcome.
Also, I'm probably going to have to start with very light weights and few reps. It hurts to get a sports bra on still so I won't be doing any jumping around.

I'm 50, fat and very unfit.

• Like 3
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Was a good runner took time off got fat, tried to hurry back hurt and burned myself out, took my time coming back this time so far so good. So my advice is take it slow at first and make sure you are improving but you don't/won't get back to the shape you were quickly it takes time. 

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

43 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Was a good runner took time off got fat, tried to hurry back hurt and burned myself out, took my time coming back this time so far so good. So my advice is take it slow at first and make sure you are improving but you don't/won't get back to the shape you were quickly it takes time. 

Thank you, that is helpful. I'm not expecting to run again, I'm way too heavy and my knees would suffer.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

22 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I think this will relate here more than anywhere else, just talked to a co-worker who I've been running with for the past 10 years about an upcoming Halloween run which falls the weekend before the normal Halloween parties, so I'm super excited "We don't have to miss any of the Halloween parties at the fire house etc etc...." him "Yea I don't have to worry about that anymore my kids are Sophomore and Jr  in high school"  me " :o " I remember him telling stories about his kids growing up this project that project field trips the whole nine yards I just can't believe that time moves this fast, better enjoy life now than waiting until the end. 

Ah, yes , I haven't seen someone's kid in a while and I ask how they are, and in my mind I'm thinking the kid is maybe 10, and then I find out he's 20:redface-new: Time seems to go faster the older I get.

8 hours ago, Scumspawn said:

So.... after 2 years rehabbing frozen shoulders I'm going back to the gym tonight.

I know I'm going to have to restrain myself and stop striving to be better all the time, that is how I hurt myself in the first place.

Any tips on that would be very welcome.
Also, I'm probably going to have to start with very light weights and few reps. It hurts to get a sports bra on still so I won't be doing any jumping around.

I'm 50, fat and very unfit.

Yay for going back to the gym. Just take it slow, listen to your body. Better to go a bit too slow, and be uninjured than to push it too hard and reinjure yourself. Also, stretching  will really help

• Like 1

The gym is great, I'm doing 4 exercises only! 12 reps, 3 sets, super light weights. Pull downs, some sort of thing like a push up only sitting down, leg presses and gentle cycling. Once I've got them sorted and not broken myself more I'll add something else.

• Like 4

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I love  Virginia Macoll's Instagram.She is Jessie Graff's(ANW fame) mom. She did her first pull-up when she was 63

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj50-6aFc78/?hl=en&taken-by=ginnymaccoll

• Like 2

So I'm getting married in 11 days. I just find it entertaining that my wife wont be welcome here. I'm robbing the cradle <G>

I'm 50. I thought I was going to die alone. I was fat, unhealthy, and miserable. I blinked and I'm not fat anymore. I'm in love, not lonely and I'm getting married???? All of this because of NF.

Am I nervous? Oh hell yeah!

• Like 7

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

1 minute ago, Dilnad said:

So I'm getting married in 11 days. I just find it entertaining that my wife wont be welcome here. I'm robbing the cradle <G>

I'm 50. I thought I was going to die alone. I was fat, unhealthy, and miserable. I blinked and I'm not fat anymore. I'm in love, not lonely and I'm getting married???? All of this because of NF.

Congrats!!! That is an awesome life level up. As far as your wife not being welcome, well we aren't really checking people's birth certificates.;)

Congrats!!! That is an awesome life level up. As far as your wife not being welcome, well we aren't really checking people's birth certificates.[emoji6]

Congratulations!

No birth certificate check, but we’ll hand her a newspaper and if she doesn’t know what it is or can read it without her cheaters, she’s out of here.
  • Haha 3

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

1 hour ago, Dilnad said:

Congrats, well done, good luck, enjoy, have fun

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aneralled the level 6 Hound Archon, Warrior-Druid 

STR 11|DEX 4|CON 8.5|STA 10.5|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel,       I don’t compare myself to others,        I know I impact those around me 
  and today is the first day            only to myself from yesterday.            with my actions, and so I must 
  of the rest of my life.                I shall not brag about successes           move forward, every day. 
I shall make no excuses               nor complain about my struggles,    I acknowledge fear, doubt, and
  and hold no grudges.                 but share my experiences and           despair, but I do not let them
I care not where I came from,       help my fellow Rebels.                        defeat me. I pledge my life and
  only where I am going.                                                                              honor for the Rebellion, for 
                                                                                                                         this day and all the days to come. 

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Congratulations!

No birth certificate check, but we’ll hand her a newspaper and if she doesn’t know what it is or can read it without her cheaters, she’s out of here.

Ayep. She's 35. No cheaters yet(I'm at 2.0x)

I had a rule I broke for her. I always said for me to date a woman, she has to be old enough to remember that the VHF dial has to be put on U before you can adjust the UHF Dial. Karri has no clue what that means but she pursued me so it's her fault ;)

• Like 1