• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lightning

Lightning Strikes a Chord (with music videos!)

Lightning Strikes a Chord
1de5ef68.gif

This challenge is about finding and keeping my motivation. One of the things that motivates me during a workout is music so I thought I'd use some of my favorite bands to help me kick off my 4th challenge!

GOAL #1 Assassin (Muse)

I recently discovered what it means to be a part of something like a team. I gained a lot of motivation from the Assassin Minis! The competitive side of me emerged and the teammate inside of me came out to play. So, for this challenge I will participate in all the Assassin minis.

+2 STA / + 1 CON

GOAL #2 For Whom the Bell Tolls (Metallica)

I made some good progress with bodyweight workouts over the last couple of weeks. But, I get bored pretty quickly and need toys and shiny things to keep me interested. So, I'm busting out my kettlebell and adding them to my bodyweight progression for a little Assassin badassery. Going to try a split workout this time, Upper body vs. Lower body/Abs. The plan is to alternate and do 3 workouts a week so I'm getting lots of recovery.

16-18 workouts STR +2 / CON +1

I have to balance out strength training with flexibility/mobility work. Last challenge I spent time sitting on the floor for about an hour a day. I often used that time to stretch as well so I'm going to add floor sitting and/or flexibility work to this challenge as a Ding to the Dong of my body weight work. :)

30 hours total +2 DEX/ +1 CON
 24-29 hours total +1 DEX

GOAL #3 Sugar (Maroon5)

Nothing strips me of my motivation faster than too much sugar. I have to get a grip on this Boss battle. When I keep sugar way down, I tend to find it much easier to eat a healthy paleo-ish diet. It doesn't take much to get me off track. So, I'm going to limit myself to foods with 5 grams of added sugar or less.

I'm going to spend the first week of the challenge easing into this because I have a 3-day event during that week and have no desire to stress about calories and grams and such. Starting with week 2 I will use MFP or a food journal and do a lot of label reading to make sure I'm following the new sugar rules.

30-35 days +2 WIS
24-29 days +1 WIS

GOAL #4 Popipo (vegetable juice) (Hatsune Miku)

Last challenge I allowed myself to up my carbohydrates to help with muscle growth. The problem was that I slowly used this as an excuse to eat too many grains when I should have been choosing things like sweet potato, plaintains, or an extra piece of fruit. So, I am going to swipe a goal from a previous challenge and incorporate 3 servings of fruit and vegetables every day.

36-42 days. +1 WIS
30-35 days +.5 WIS

This song is also a prompt to get more water into my day. I know water helps keep my hunger down (which makes me a kinder, happier Lightning) and will also make my skin look better. Cellulite is VERY demotivating and water has really helped me with that in the past so.... 4 cups a day or an average of 28 a week.

36-42 days +1 WIS
30-35 days +.5 WIS

LIFE GOAL (New addition to the challenge)

I have to start adding a life goal so that I don't get overly focused on the fitness aspect and forget that leveling up my life is about so much more.  

LG #1:  Be an awesome assassin ambassador:  That means checking in with at least 5 people a week and really doing my best to encourage and help.  

Pass/Fail +1 CHA

LG#2:  Weekly Fun:  Lot's of fun going around the assassin guild and I like it!  So, I'm going to do something fun every week of the challenge.  

Pass/Fail +1 CHA

• Like 5

Those pesky langoliers ate my post again, so starting over...

This challenge is about finding and keeping my motivation.  One of the things that motivates me during a workout is music 

Those are 2 very important things in my quest also, and when i heard Muse and Metallica i was sold, you are being subbed... (oow no, my beautifull gifs were also eaten! Let's see if i can find them again...)

833325.gif

tumblr_ljhzadYdSO1qdog02.gif

tumblr_n2ube1AQJQ1tq4of6o1_250.gif

• Like 4

Those pesky langoliers ate my post again, so starting over...

Those are 2 very important things in my quest also, and when i heard Muse and Metallica i was sold, you are being subbed... (oow no, my beautifull gifs were also eaten! Let's see if i can find them again...)

833325.gif

tumblr_ljhzadYdSO1qdog02.gif

tumblr_n2ube1AQJQ1tq4of6o1_250.gif

My phone is full of Muse and Metallica!  My plan is to find more songs throughout the challenge to use for motivation (and make my thread more fun).  

• Like 2

My phone is full of Muse and Metallica!  My plan is to find more songs throughout the challenge to use for motivation (and make my thread more fun).  

Can I PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE send you my husband's (Metalicca, etc.) cd's to help with this "collection" and motivation? He would like to pass on my country and rock cd's to you for added inspiration ;)

• Like 1

Oooh...a music challenge! 

I was considering that, as well, although my music taste tends to be all over the place, so I'm going with a cinematic inspiration. 

Speaking of Metallica, have you seen this?  If I ever teach trigonometry, I am going to find a way to incorporate it,

cuz...I'm a nerd. 

And subbed for the awesome!

• Like 1

I just found another source of motivation.  ALL of YOU!  I feel so good to have all these kick-ass followers.  I'm getting psyched to start!

Good thing I washed 7 weeks worth of kiss-ass Underroos :D

• Like 1

Oooh...a music challenge! 

I was considering that, as well, although my music taste tends to be all over the place, so I'm going with a cinematic inspiration. 

Speaking of Metallica, have you seen this?  If I ever teach trigonometry, I am going to find a way to incorporate it,

cuz...I'm a nerd. 

And subbed for the awesome!

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool!  I will show that to my kids.

• Like 1

I finalized my challenge and added a flex/mobility component.  Decided today that I need to halt the eating free for all I'm on and start reigning it in.  I don't want to start the challenge with an extra pound or two of "sugar weight".  I'm also trying to be more conscious of my liquid intake and start working on the water portion of my challenge.  Other than that, I'm taking it easy for a few more days.

• Like 2

I finalized my challenge and added a flex/mobility component.  Decided today that I need to halt the eating free for all I'm on and start reigning it in.  I don't want to start the challenge with an extra pound or two of "sugar weight".  I'm also trying to be more conscious of my liquid intake and start working on the water portion of my challenge.  Other than that, I'm taking it easy for a few more days.

I also wanted to reign it in, sort of slow start into the new challenge from this week, BUT it's hubby's birthday this weekend, and he requested carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! Very, very low self-control on my part with regards to the frosting, but I'll stick to one piece of cake (normal size). I have however managed to up my water intake already, so at least there is a positive!

1526614.gif

Good luck!

I decided to focus on water too. I'm getting in more water and make fruit and vegetables a priority. I'm also doing floor sitting/flexibility because that is just something that I should always do. Reigning in the sugar and carbs hasn't gone as well. Had one good day followed by an ok day. I suppose it's good that I'm at least paying attention to my food.

I can't believe I haven't exercised in a week, but I haven't taken a real break since I started NF in February. I must need the rest. I'm going to take a walk today and see what happens. If I feel like running I will but there is no pressure.

• Like 1

I decided to focus on water too. I'm getting in more water and make fruit and vegetables a priority. I'm also doing floor sitting/flexibility because that is just something that I should always do. Reigning in the sugar and carbs hasn't gone as well. Had one good day followed by an ok day. I suppose it's good that I'm at least paying attention to my food.

I can't believe I haven't exercised in a week, but I haven't taken a real break since I started NF in February. I must need the rest. I'm going to take a walk today and see what happens. If I feel like running I will but there is no pressure.

You are super awesome!! You have done so very much awesome improvements to yourself in just these 5 months. I need to up my game to catch up to you :)
  • Like 1

Following because YAY and GRYFFINDARLINGS FOR LIFE!  :)

Yeah! Kittehz is here! I'm looking for all my Gryffindarlings too. It's going to interesting trying to follow everyone!

You are super awesome!! You have done so very much awesome improvements to yourself in just these 5 months. I need to up my game to catch up to you :)

Well I like being called awesome so thank you ;). I'm going to try to RDNottingham Awesome and be an ambassador. I know how much I liked it when the Assassins asked me to join their guild so I'd like to give that same experience to others. Is there Nything I should know about being an ambassador?

• Like 3

In all honesty, it's about making the commitment and the time. But what I learned is that you have to still balance everything out properly. Don't forget about yourself while you help others. Some people will be looking to you to be a guide, a role model, an inspiration. Make sure you can still be that and be hitting your goals. I think you'll do great.

• Like 1

In all honesty, it's about making the commitment and the time. But what I learned is that you have to still balance everything out properly. Don't forget about yourself while you help others. Some people will be looking to you to be a guide, a role model, an inspiration. Make sure you can still be that and be hitting your goals. I think you'll do great.

Thanks. It sounds like being an ambassador may help me keep my motivation up. If I'm going to be a role-model of sorts I want to try and keep this thread positive. Sounds like a good time for me to have a kick-ass challenge.

• Like 4

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED,!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-_uxD3H80&t=17

http://youtu.be/mW1dbiD_zDk

I am ready. Going to start a day early. I will use my Fitbit App to track water and going to try going old school on my freggies and just logging my food. If I feel like I need the data I will use MyFitnessPal instead. I have plans for a lot of yard work today so I'm going to start the body weight work tomorrow. Of course, the Assassin mini won't start today so I will get into that as soon as it's up and running.

The sugar goal is on Ramp-Up this week. One of the biggest Irish Festivals is in town this weekend and my family celebrates it like a holiday. i will. Likely have a treat or two along with my favorite hard cider. Once the festival is over I will be all-in on the sugar battle.

Ready...set...GO!

• Like 4

Gooooooooo!!

Plus, kinda curious what mini theme we're going to get. I've seen Walking Dead, Potter, GoT. Both excited and scared to see what comes up.

• Like 2

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED,!

http://youtu.be/mW1dbiD_zDk

I am ready. Going to start a day early. I will use my Fitbit App to track water and going to try going old school on my freggies and just logging my food. If I feel like I need the data I will use MyFitnessPal instead. I have plans for a lot of yard work today so I'm going to start the body weight work tomorrow. Of course, the Assassin mini won't start today so I will get into that as soon as it's up and running.

The sugar goal is on Ramp-Up this week. One of the biggest Irish Festivals is in town this weekend and my family celebrates it like a holiday. i will. Likely have a treat or two along with my favorite hard cider. Once the festival is over I will be all-in on the sugar battle.

Ready...set...GO!

There has to be time to live your life too!!!

(says the man who hadn't had a beer all weekend, despite having about 4 beer related social events)

Gooooooooo!!

Plus, kinda curious what mini theme we're going to get. I've seen Walking Dead, Potter, GoT. Both excited and scared to see what comes up.

More than a little curious...

giphy.gif

• Like 3