• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lightning

Lightning Strikes a Chord (with music videos!)

Hanging on this week. Sunday I gave in to some homemade banana bread but everything else was good. Added some HIIT that day so that was a plus. Monday was too busy for anything. The sugar from the day before gave me some big cravings but I avoided eating sweets. On Tuesday I did the workout I should have done Monday. Going to get my lower body workout in today or do something for the Assassin mini.

My brain is focused on the Anime convention the kids and I are going to this weekend. I have a lot to do/finish before we leave and I'm just really excited. We had friends over on Monday to watch anime and work on our cosplays. Tuesday we ran around getting last-minute supplies and today should be the day we complete all the costumes. Thursday is packing and getting the house ready before we leave. Here is an AMV of one of my favorite animes, Black Cat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IKYPpWsJmRY

Awesome that you didn't give in to the extra cravings! Tenacity! Good luck with everything you still have to finish.

Hang in there :loyal:

• Like 2

When I decided to make the focus of this challenge Motivation I had no idea how spot on I was. I am having a lot of whiny "I don't wanna" moments. Every single challenge goal is an effort every single day. But, I'm getting it done.

In the past, when I have lost weight I eventually lose my way and start slowly putting weight back on. I think I have hit that time frame and this challenge is keeping me on the straight and narrow. I'm making mistakes and seeing some bad habits (grains) start to creep in but I won't let them take over. For now I will continue to focus on my challenge goals and just keep an eye on these bad habits. I certainly know what I have to work on next challenge.

Super awesome news... I bought a stand-up paddle board! I love her and will name her. Paddle boarding is so much fun and even here in the Midwest I should be able to use it for another couple of months. I will post pics of my new baby eventually <3

• Like 4

When I decided to make the focus of this challenge Motivation I had no idea how spot on I was. I am having a lot of whiny "I don't wanna" moments. Every single challenge goal is an effort every single day. But, I'm getting it done.

In the past, when I have lost weight I eventually lose my way and start slowly putting weight back on. I think I have hit that time frame and this challenge is keeping me on the straight and narrow. I'm making mistakes and seeing some bad habits (grains) start to creep in but I won't let them take over. For now I will continue to focus on my challenge goals and just keep an eye on these bad habits. I certainly know what I have to work on next challenge.

Super awesome news... I bought a stand-up paddle board! I love her and will name her. Paddle boarding is so much fun and even here in the Midwest I should be able to use it for another couple of months. I will post pics of my new baby eventually <3

So much awesome here. You're motivating me to tell my own whiny moments to suck it. ;)

So much awesome here. You're motivating me to tell my own whiny moments to suck it. ;)

Just told my "inner toddler" to sit in the corner then I finished my body weight workout :)

• Like 3

I am also struggling and going through the "I don't wanna'" phase, then hubby told me jokingly the other night, that every year around this time I run out of steam and just want to let go of everything. July, August months, or the third term of the year.

As long as we learn from our mistakes, it is good to make them every now and again. You are so tenacious when you start to focus, no matter what that focus is on, food, weight, strength, paddle board... :loyal: Lightning, the Tenacity Queen!

I really think that maintaining weight loss can be as hard as losing. Good for you for keeping up the effort. And yay, a paddleboard. I've never gone paddleboarding, but I really want to try.

• Like 1

GOAL #1 Assassin Mini

Completed 2 WOW for the Away Team and about 500 high knees.  Also added some minutes to the Med Team.

GOAL #2 For Whom the Bell Tolls 

Missed one of my strength/KB workouts so 2/3 this week.

Added about 5.8 hours for flexibility so I'm on target to reach 30 hours by the end of the challenge

GOAL #3 Sugar 

Missed this twice.  5/7

GOAL #4 Popipo (vegetable & water) 

Both goals achieved this week.

fregetable 7/7

water 7/7

LIFE GOALS

#1 Be an assassin ambassador:  

Checked in on about 10-12 recruits.  

#2 Weekly Fun:  

Anime Convention

Overall, a good week.  The anticipation of the anime convention left me with motivation issues and an unusually hectic schedule.  I did miss one planned workout but I did a ton of walking and some dancing as well.  I had some food issues over the weekend because of the convention but I got my fregetables and water in both days.  The sugar mess ups were pretty tame; just a yummy macchiato and a weak moment with a poor-excuse-for-a protein bar.  

I do feel a little squishier since the grains started to creep back into my diet.  But, that is an issue for another challenge.  If I can continue to keep my sugar low then I will wrangle the grains next.

I LOVE my new paddle board.  I'm going to name it Bruce after the shark in Finding Nemo :)  I may find a way to make paddle boarding part of my next challenge.  It's great upper body and core work.  

stockphotowebsite.com-TowerPB5_-_Copy__2

The anime convention was really fun.  My son's cosplay was the Pyro from TF2 and he was a huge hit.  He is painfully shy and the mask that the pyro wears allowed him to sort of hide inside the cosplay and enjoy the attention.  My daughter was Pascal from Tales of Graces (also very popular) and one of many Mabels from Gravity Falls.  We saw some funny panels, bought cool stuff from the artist alley, took tons of photos and went to a rave.  It was a great way to put a cap on the end of our Summer and start gearing up for school.

• Like 3

Seconding that sooooo much!!

Just told my "inner toddler" to sit in the corner then I finished my body weight workout :)

This! Will use this right tomorrow :D

Am way overdue for a proper pole training and/or hoop but struggling with motivation a LOT over the last weeks already. Work, ugh, train, ugh, household, ugh,... normally I love my work and my training too - don't know what is going on right now, but your consistency is inspiring me huge right here right now, thank you!!

Also lost on water intake, ate more carbs than before and less veggies and woops gained a kilo or two... bleh. Turning it around slowly again because this is just not fun and I can do better than that! 

Looking forward to nice numbers on scale again, in fact I often hold on to the bathroom counter a little to lower the numbers to where I want to see them, just to get a taste of it up front :P that IS fun. Ahaha, and when I got lower than ever dreamed of (or dreamed of in the last years that is) I wondered what it was like with the higher numbers but of course could not just make them appear by pushing onto anything :D would have had to hold something heavy and I was not THAT curious. More fun the other way round and also appreciating the journey already taken...

Other than that, you do know the proper way to weigh yourself, surely:

Weight-Post-Upside-Down-Scale.jpg

Apart from scale, can we at some stage see some before and after pics?? Would love to see all the gorgeous muscles you must be gaining!! Your workouts are on fire and you being a total badass beast  :love_heart:

• Like 3

Looking forward to nice numbers on scale again, in fact I often hold on to the bathroom counter a little to lower the numbers to where I want to see them, just to get a taste of it up front :P that IS fun. Ahaha, and when I got lower than ever dreamed of (or dreamed of in the last years that is) I wondered what it was like with the higher numbers but of course could not just make them appear by pushing onto anything :D would have had to hold something heavy and I was not THAT curious. More fun the other way round and also appreciating the journey already taken...

Other than that, you do know the proper way to weigh yourself, surely:

Weight-Post-Upside-Down-Scale.jpg

Apart from scale, can we at some stage see some before and after pics?? Would love to see all the gorgeous muscles you must be gaining!! Your workouts are on fire and you being a total badass beast  :love_heart:

Ok, I am picturing you leaning on the counter trying to get your scale to register the weight you want! That is hysterically briliant! So is the picture. Think I will weigh myself like that from now on :)

I don't have any recent pics but I did post some last challenge that showed the progress from this year.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/65815-lightning-strikes-thrice/?p=1553038

• Like 3

Ok, I am picturing you leaning on the counter trying to get your scale to register the weight you want! That is hysterically briliant! So is the picture. Think I will weigh myself like that from now on :)

I don't have any recent pics but I did post some last challenge that showed the progress from this year.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/65815-lightning-strikes-thrice/?p=1553038

woweee!!!  :love-struck:

who on earth needs a scale with a shape like that!!

• Like 2

Overall, a good week.  The anticipation of the anime convention left me with motivation issues and an unusually hectic schedule.  I did miss one planned workout but I did a ton of walking and some dancing as well.  I had some food issues over the weekend because of the convention but I got my fregetables and water in both days.  The sugar mess ups were pretty tame; just a yummy macchiato and a weak moment with a poor-excuse-for-a protein bar.  

I do feel a little squishier since the grains started to creep back into my diet.  But, that is an issue for another challenge.  If I can continue to keep my sugar low then I will wrangle the grains next.

I LOVE my new paddle board.  I'm going to name it Bruce after the shark in Finding Nemo :)  I may find a way to make paddle boarding part of my next challenge.  It's great upper body and core work.  

The anime convention was really fun.  My son's cosplay was the Pyro from TF2 and he was a huge hit.  He is painfully shy and the mask that the pyro wears allowed him to sort of hide inside the cosplay and enjoy the attention.  My daughter was Pascal from Tales of Graces (also very popular) and one of many Mabels from Gravity Falls.  We saw some funny panels, bought cool stuff from the artist alley, took tons of photos and went to a rave.  It was a great way to put a cap on the end of our Summer and start gearing up for school.

Sounds amazing and you did awesome taking into account you were out of routine, not at home, but still managed to stay on target. Enjoy Bruce ;)

Took Bruce the Board out today!  We had a great time paddling on the water.  Saw a blue crane and a bald eagle!  :cool-new:

441efe1e-4595-4c4a-8e19-4eb911496f70.jpg

Yesterday was a good day even though I did indulge in a treat. I took my Mom to a place with specialty food shops and we came across a French Bakery.  The lemon tart was calling my name so I decided to go ahead and allow myself to enjoy one.  It was totally worth it.  Completed my body weight work out and did a lot of flexibility work too. Also did well with water and vegetables. 

Today was another solid day.  I'm starting to FINALLY feel like I'm into this challenge.  I think the outdoor exercise gave me a boost. I'm sort of looking forward to my body weight work tomorrow, so that's a pleasant change. 

I have started to sort out my next challenge.  It's going to include a LOT of freedom in terms of what I choose to do for exercise. I'm getting excited about that.  On the other hand, it is going to have a LOT of structure in terms of diet.  I've sort of been doing it backwards lately.   :chargrined:

• Like 6

It looks very peaceful out on that lake. Paddle boarding does look like a lot of fun. Good exercise, sunlight and nature, and relaxing all at the same time.

Glad things are going well.

• Like 2

Gentle reminder - small consistent changes, especially with diet. ;)

Totally jealous of Bruce.

Thanks for the reminder :). I think I'm just going to go back to what got me here which is diet first (Paleo-ish) and fitness a close second. Lately I've put more focus on weight training because it's easier than dieting (for me). I also get more of a mental pump from adding reps then I do from losing a pound. But, this shift in focus from food to exercise has left me too much wiggle room in my dietary choices. I've been chasing my fork :) If I'm going to lose that final 10 lbs AND keep if off then I am going to have to tighten up the diet and put my effort there.

I am doing very well with water and low sugar. I'm doing well with vegetables and fruit too although some of them are high in carbohydrates. Where I've slacked is grains and meal prep. Stopped tracking also, but I think adding that back in might be too much. Besides, the goal is lifestyle changes and I don't want to track my food forever!

• Like 5

wowee on your awesome day with Bruce - blue crane and bald eagle, hey, I am sooo jealous!! On the boarding too. You will have to go a lot then, as you have to go for all of us as well :P Just kidding your flexible workout plan for next challenge sounds perfect. I tried that too and found it worked really well for me. Now I am back to more structure and only slowly getting into it again.

Agree on food changes having to go slow and steady and being a life style you enjoy rather than too big a program for in between and then what?

Just wondering how much you really need to lose still, because you are HOT the way you are!!

But that's up to you not me :)

LOVE the workout love, that is the best

• Like 3

I forgot to crown this week with a song!  Since I'm feeling so good right now I'm going with two!  The first is a sassy, slinky little tune and the second is what my husband calls my Theme Song :)

Feeling Good (Muse)

Atom Bomb (Fluke)

Agree on food changes having to go slow and steady and being a life style you enjoy rather than too big a program for in between and then what?

Just wondering how much you really need to lose still, because you are HOT the way you are!!

But that's up to you not me :)

Thanks!  I'm super short so any extra weight really sticks out.  I'd like to get rid of the waddle under my arms and lower my body fat enough to allow my thigh muscles to show.  My inner thighs have always been the bane of my existence but if I lose 10 more lbs and the thighs don't budge I'll just learn to deal with it.  More than 10 and I think I'll start to lose curves and I like having curves.

tumblr_n7bpeau4ii1r9w3teo6_250.gif

I also think if I drop 10 I may be able to finally to a pull-up or at least a chin-up.  The combo of losing say 15 pounds of fat but gaining 5 pounds of muscle ( I know this won't happen over a 6 week challenge!) might be the sweet spot.  I say this because the last time I was able to do a chin-up I was about 10 pounds lighter.  

So, great upper body work out today.  It was so nice to be into it and feel like I was really putting in a good effort.  One of the things I forgot to mention about Bruce the Board is that he is inflatable.  Right now all I have is a manual pump so yesterday I did over 300 pumps to get that sucker up to 12psi.  The last 50 pumps I had to do squats and put my whole body into it.  My trapezius muscles were a little sore this morning. 

anigif_longform-original-20073-141583424

• Like 1