• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lightning

Lightning Strikes a Chord (with music videos!)

Quick update... Took my friend paddle boarding. It was about 90 degrees and we were out on the water for about and hour and a half. I'm exhausted. Didn't help that I hadn't eaten more than an apple beforehand. Kind of ruined my plans for doing a BBWW but I will get one in tomorrow.

Starting to feel like I'm back on track with Paleo. I actually follow the Primal diet which is a version of Paleo and a whole lot like Banting which I learned about from my Gryffindarlings. I'm getting more healthy fats in and haven't had any bad carb cravings. New recipes are helping. Made a delicious cauliflower dish with cream cheese, green onions, bacon and shredded cheddar. It was so delicious I didn't care that my family was eating pizza without me!

• Like 2

The cauliflower dish does sound pretty good :)  I follow the Primal Blueprint also because....  Aged cheese and dark chocolate!  Yogurt and Keifer are also important parts of my plan.

Now that you have mentioned paddleboards, I've been seeing them everywhere.  

• Like 1

The cauliflower dish does sound pretty good :)  I follow the Primal Blueprint also because....  Aged cheese and dark chocolate!  Yogurt and Keifer are also important parts of my plan.

Now that you have mentioned paddleboards, I've been seeing them everywhere.

Yup, grass-fed aged white cheddar is food of the gods. Real Greek yogurt is another happy food.

• Like 3

Quick update... Took my friend paddle boarding. It was about 90 degrees and we were out on the water for about and hour and a half. I'm exhausted. Didn't help that I hadn't eaten more than an apple beforehand. Kind of ruined my plans for doing a BBWW but I will get one in tomorrow.

Starting to feel like I'm back on track with Paleo. I actually follow the Primal diet which is a version of Paleo and a whole lot like Banting which I learned about from my Gryffindarlings. I'm getting more healthy fats in and haven't had any bad carb cravings. New recipes are helping. Made a delicious cauliflower dish with cream cheese, green onions, bacon and shredded cheddar. It was so delicious I didn't care that my family was eating pizza without me!

that sounds so good. WIsh I could eat cheese!

• Like 1

Early Week 6 Wrap Up (Challenge wrap up later...)

Feeling like things are really clicking this week.  In fact, I don't want to take a week or two off before the next challenge because I'm on a roll.  Eating more healthy fat has helped (a lot ) with food motivation.  Taking some of my workouts outside and finding a new hobby has been a motivational boost too.

Goal #1

Did one WOW for the Assassin Away Team and 2 BBWWs for the Engineers.  Will likely do more before the week is over.  :tickled_pink:

Goal #2

Tried out a new KB routine and also did the BBWW twice as a substitute for my planned strength work.  3/3

Flexibility Goal for the challenge has been reached!  Continued to do some floor sitting and stretching.  :triumphant:

Goal #3

Sugar has been perfect this week. PERFECT!  I have managed a couple of sugar craving issues (stress induced) and am feeling like I'm in control.   :victorious:

Goal #4

Water and Fregetables have also been perfect.  Can't say either have become habits per say but having them as goals has been a huge success.  :watermelon:

Life Goals:

Fun- Took my BF paddleboarding.  Also going to watch football with friends this weekend.

Ambassador- Did a teeny-tiny bit on Monday.  Going to go do more now so I can count it as a win!  :star:

Oh, oh, oh.... Wanted to mention that when I took my friend paddling I wore my bikini.  My friend said she was proud of me.  I thought she meant proud that I was confident enough to wear the two-piece but she said she was proud of my trim abs.  

tumblr_mw6m5dbz4c1qat9xro1_250.gif

• Like 3

Glad you had a good time with your friend.

I also found that the good fats kept most of my cravings at bay. I am so going to try this cauli-dish this coming week.

• Like 1

Early Week 6 Wrap Up (Challenge wrap up later...)

Oh, oh, oh.... Wanted to mention that when I took my friend paddling I wore my bikini.  My friend said she was proud of me.  I thought she meant proud that I was confident enough to wear the two-piece but she said she was proud of my trim abs.  

So many wins this week! :loyal: I agree, if you're on a roll, then keep at it, don't stop now. :onthego: WOOT! WOOT! for wearing the bikini and showing off the abs!

Applause_Congralutions.png

• Like 1

Lightning Strikes a Chord WRAP-UP!!!!!

This challenge was about finding and keeping my motivation. Since music often keeps me going during my workouts I decided to add a little musical motivation with some occasional songs and videos.

GOAL #1 Assassin 

Participate in all the Assassin Minis because helping my fellow Assassins reach a goal is very motivational.

I added the Away Team with weekly HIIT workouts of varying degrees of insanity.  Also added some points to the Med Team and the Engineers.  I participated in the pop-up minis with step-ups, cooking (won best dessert!), and something else that I don't remember. :playful:  

100%
+2 STA / + 1 CON

GOAL #2 For Whom the Bell Tolls

The plan was to complete at least 16 strength workouts that included kettlebells.  Towards the end of the challenge I started to lose interest so I changed up the workouts but made sure to incorporate a kettlebell (because they are fun).  Completed 16, so... 100%   STR +2 / CON +1

I have to balance out strength training with flexibility/mobility work. So, flexibility was also a goal.  Had to reach 30 hours total for 100%.  I surprised myself and did just over 35.
 +2 DEX/ +1 CON

GOAL #3 Sugar

Sugar wrecks my dieting motivation so the goal was to limit myself to foods with 5 grams of added sugar or less.  I let myself ease into this for the first week because I had a big 3-day weekend already planned.  30 days total was the cut-off point and that is exactly how many days I battled and won against the Sugar Demon.  :pride: 
30-35 days +2 WIS

GOAL #4 Popipo (vegetable juice)

Simple one here, eat for fregetables and drink more water.  I rocked this part of the challenge.  100% on both.  +2 WIS

LIFE GOALS 

A late addition to the challenge, I decided that having some fun and getting more involved with NF would be great ways to keep myself motivated.  

Be an awesome assassin ambassador:  That means checking in with at least 5 people a week and really doing my best to encourage and help.  100% +1 CHA

Weekly Fun:  Do something fun every week of the challenge.  Lots of success here.  Irish Festival, Anime Convention, Paddle boarding, Fancy dinner, more Paddle boarding...

+1 CHA

• Like 1

So yeah, I 'm super happy with the challenge.  I worked really hard to push past the slumps and find things to get me moving and eating healthy even when I didn't want to.  The support of this amazing community certainly had a lot to do with my successful challenge goals.  And I learned SO MUCH.  I discovered how easy it is to exercise when it is something you completely enjoy.  I learned to incorporate water into my daily routine and to use food prepping to ensure I had lots of vegetable options at my fingertips. I learned how to fine tune my diet also and am excited about cooking again. 

All of these things will be carried over into my next challenge and will hopefully let me reach new fitness goals.  I'm not going to take much of a break inbetween challenges this time.  I don't want to lose any of the momentum I built over the last couple of weeks.  

Don't Stop the Party (Black Eyed Peas)

• Like 2

One of my goals for the next challenge is to spend more time reading and commenting on the challenges of my NF friends. I felt a lot of support and want to be sure I give it right back. It's hard when there are so many wonder people to get to know. â¤

• Like 3

BAM! You killed it! :D I am really pround of you for all the training and good eatin' you've done. I know it myself how hard it is to keep strength training interesting.

Also, yay on the abs comment. I can imagine how awesome that felt :D

• Like 2