Teros XVII - (Project Pheonix)

Teros

I am seriously in awe of all you have accomplished in such a short time...you're awesome ;)

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends :)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE in 2022

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 65

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Awwww ;) just own it, you've worked hard and deserve some credit!

• Like 2

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hey buddy, just getting caught up.

1. Will try and PM you soon, haven't even had time to update MY thread lately.

2. I've never smoked weed in my 41 years, lots of times I could, but I hear you on the control thing.

3. I kind of feel for your buddy Brian, it can be hard to be "brave" sometimes, you know that as well as I.

4. Sounds like dropping that course was the smart move, I had to do the same thing in my second year of University.

Can't wait to see your pic's!!!

• Like 3

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

What time is it? After 1? Holy balls.

Ok, I'm taking a break.  So far today:

-Returned/disposed of a ton of paint cans at Lowes

-Bought a small terra-cotta pot for something

-Boxcut the bedroom carpet and made it fit all nice-nice

-Moved more furnature

-Went food shopping

-Cooking food currently

-Load of laundry

-Emptied the closets

-Organized some piles of random crap that was left

-Moved the bedroom things

Still to do:

-Fun shopping (the dogs go to bed at 8pm so I'll walk them and then they can sleep while I get all the goodies I'm looking for. Got a small list.

-Paper sorting/organizing.  It's an overflowing shoebox full of stuff that desperately needs to get dealt with. I think my car insurance is due in there...

:::This paper sorting will probably lead to more errands like cashing some checks (snapping necks), bills, etc.

-Order final school books

-Assemble Furniture

-Paint (Waiting on this)

-Media sort (Friend will come over to help with this tomorrow)

-Cord run

Ok, I gotta keep moving.  I've been slick with sweat for like 4 days straight because of how much I'm pushing myself.  Second batch of chicken thighs are done.  Beef chunks are stewing in stock, veggies(peppers, onions, carrots), and seasoning in the crockpot. Now I need to boil some eggs so I can make egg salad, and dice some red onion and roasted garlic for it.  Then it's on to either paper or furniture assembly.

*pant pant*

• Like 7

Damn, I've been working all day and haven't got this much accomplished. . . Need a nap after reading it!

Happy for you though! :D

• Like 3

Spoiler

OH YEAH!  Getting some serious stuff done!  I was waiting on sending pictures because the two lights in the hallway blew out and one in the living room as well.  My phone does NOT have flash, which means it would have been dingy and crappy looking.  However, the light issue has been remedied.

I know that I'm running on fumes, but I also know that I'm super close to getting this place where I want it.  I've drafted a list of about 20 'mini' projects; but they are all aesthetically-based. I wanted 100% functionality (like working kitchen, lights, ect) along with all major projects that would take 5+ hours or more (vinegar washing, priming, painting, etc) to be done.

So what did I get done today? Well at about 9pm I passed out last night so I didn't get to do my late night shopping.  Woke up at 3am but errrrr nothing is open then so I tried to get back to sleep. Couldn't.  Tossed and turned a bit and then my alarm went off.

ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS!

-Walked the dogs for a bit

-Showered

-Went to Lowes to get the black socket covers that I need (you know, the framing pieces around wall plugs and stuff)

:While there, they didn't have one that I needed so I had to special order it and have it delivered, so I took care of that. I should get it Thursday-ish

-While looping back around, I saw a Salvation Army.  Figured, 'why the hell not, there's some things I need.'  I got some cool owl salt+pepper shakers (one black porcelain, one white).   At S.A. I bought a metal baseball bat for like TWO DOLLARS!  Fuck Yes!  You might be wondering, 'he never mentioned baseball'.  True true, it's not for baseball though.  My mom and sister like using the sledgehammer to hit the tire, however theyre both pretty weak and can't swing the 10lb hammer. So its been in the back of my mind that I should get a metal baseball bat for them.  So it was more of a purchase for them than myself.  Now we, as a family, can beat the shit out of tires.  C'mon, that's cool.

-Went to target for my shopping.

:Bought a laundry basket. OMG a LAUNDRY BASKET!

super-excited.gif

'Teros, why you freaking out, man?'

BECAUSE!  My ex's cat is gone.  Alright, so I don't know what the cat's deal was, but she loved the smell of...me.  If I missed the hamper when throwing clothes in there and they were on the floor, she would rub herself on them and roll around.  I don't know if maybe there's some sort of manly musk (cat was a female), but she ALWAYS did this.  She never did this to my ex's clothes, ever.    You have no idea how fucking exciting having a wicker laundry basket is for me.  For the past 2-3 years, my ex's crappy cat used to jump in our hamper and piss inside it all the time, making all of our clothes smell like cat urine before they would get washed.  I honestly think that there was still some residual smell even after washing.  That laundry net hamper thing was still be used until last night - there was still stink inside it. Now?  NOW!?  No more clothes with a hint of cat piss on them.  The old ripped blue hamper is already in the trash. 

Ok, I got sidetracked...

So I was at Target and got the laundry basket *squeeeee!* and I also got a black stick-lamp with one of those little side swivel lights.  Forgot to put two things on my list when I got home. UGH.

-Swapped the three broken light bulbs

-Put together the stick lamp

-Moved the endtable from the storage closet into the bedroom

-Moved clothes into the endtable. I now am not living with a bag full of socks and bag of shirts on the floor as my hobo version of a bureau.

-Cleaned up some various things; like putting carpet scraps into a rolled up bag and storing them in the closet, moving all the paint cans that still have paint in them (mini projects- various touch ups in corners).

-I finished sorting through a ton of papers.

-School books ordered yesterday. Forgot if I mentioned that.

-Media/bookshelf relocated to the other closet (for another mini-project)

-Ran the cord through the ceiling. I now can officially do more than ONE thing at a time in the kitchen. No more having to unplug the fridge while the toaster is on.  Yes, that is how gangsta I was living while trying to get this done. So many things to do...

----

Phew ok. So what else today?

-Put together furniture

-Have someone come over and help sort out the game media stuff for the entertainment center (so many wires...)

-Store the rest of the important papers in the shoebox I have.

-Screw the plastic plates on the wall sockets.

-Put some of the closet things back.

-Compile official list of mini projects that I would like to get done.  Each will take a morning to start and finish, but none are mandatory so it's a matter of getting a small thing done each weekend.

---That's everything that I would like to get done today.  Tomorrow I will post the mini, answer PMs, and start doing homework because there is stuff assigned ALREADY.  Sunday = 1 class homework.  Monday = other class homework once I get out of work.  Then classes start Tues+Wed.

In about an hour, I'll be getting back to it.  I need to eat something right now.  After I put together the last things - I should be able to take pics.  So excited.
  • Like 7

Can't wait for the pictures! I'd volunteer for the media project but you'd be done by the time I got there

• Like 4

Spoiler

Smart move on the class!

You are doing so much in so little time, I get tired just reading all that stuff!

Keep the good work!!

See you in a month!

*waves* :onthego:

-----

I'm calling it a night. It's 8:30 and I've stopped for the evening.  I took about 6 pictures. However, I'm unable to upload them.  I frigging LOVE this place.  Let's see what I was able to get done with the rest of the day:

------------------------------

-Put together furniture  95% *Check*  I need to drill a couple holes to put the last piece on so it's literally 5 minutes until done once I get the right drill bit

-Have someone come over and help sort out the game media stuff for the entertainment center (so many wires...) NOPE - he was busy. Coming over tomorrow evening instead. No biggy.

-Store the rest of the important papers in the shoebox I have. *Check*

-Screw the plastic plates on the wall sockets. NOPE - Again, something that will only take a few minutes but my back is hurting. I'm surprised at how much the furniture assembly took out of me.

-Put /clean some of the closet things back. *Check*

-Compile official list of mini projects that I would like to get done.  Each will take a morning to start and finish, but none are mandatory so it's a matter of getting a small thing done each weekend. Partial. I have a list going.

-*bonus* Sorted through most of the wooden chest that has been rotting outside.
-------

So some of it was out of my hands, but most of this can get done within like an hour or so tomorrow.  Now I need to walk the dogs, eat dinner, and laundry should *ding* within the next 30 minutes so I can throw a sheet on the bed and be asleep before 10pm.  I'm hoping I get the last few things done that I wanted to today, along with my smaller list tomorrow.
  • Like 6

Today:

-Woke up a bit too early. Not mega early, so I consider that progress. 

-Walked the dogs for 2 miles

-Came home and did some pushups. WOW I lost a lot of progress these past 8 months. I'm not going to dwell or feel bad.  All I can do is fill up the awesome meter again.  Why do we fall, Master Wayne?

-*Mystery thing (step#4) that accompanies a picture later today*

-Started getting into doing SuperMan showers again.  F*ck, that was refreshing.

-Put the 9 socket/switch covers on.  #10 will be delivered Tuesday.

-Ate a hearty meal. The crockpot meal that I put on two days ago has been simmering.  Wow it was good. Beef stock with a package of beef chunks, two diced onions, about 3/4 cup of minced garlic, a red pepper, and a green pepper.  It was all melty-soft.  And I made a sweet potato and mashed it on the plate, then poured this deliciousness on top with some cracked sea salt.  Glass of apple juice with a straw. A STRAW.

16a71e45e5b31fb52c382eae550671f7.500x224
If people remember, I wasn't really eating or sleeping because I was getting stuff done.  This... it felt like a feast.

-Answered about 5 PMs. NF socializing ftw.

-I was about to start reading, but the books ordered and the book in the email don't match up. Luckily the instructor said in the email that we can 'cram' all of it by next week so worst case scenario is that I have a few chapters to read this upcoming weekend.  Unless I'm a total derp and this is all correct but I'm reading it wrong.

---

So let's recap. I got some exercise, socialized, and ate healthy and hearty.  I'm sitting here and looking around. I'm content.  For the first time in maybe....ever in my life.  It feels weird to have this peaceful feeling.  I've been going beastmode for 3 weeks solid and I can finally crash and I feel fine.  Just gotta write the mini.  Anyone want to suggest one for this final week?

Tonight, the media stuff should be done.  When I went for my walk, I started compiling the mini-project list.

Small Projects:

01) - Carpet trims Living room

02) - Carpet trims Bedroom

03) - Couple things left to buy

04) - Acetone heater Living room

05) - Acetone heater Bedroom

06) - Hang up decorations

07) - Small corner paint in Bedroom

08) - 5 Doors paint

09) - 6 Doorways paint

10) - 1 Window paint

11) - Half-wall paint

12) - Short half-wall paint

13) - Spray-paint light

14) - Sand and paint endtable

No particular order.  Each of these should take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.  So, if I was insane I could do them all in one grueling day.  But honestly, I'm feeling good and I would rather have a tiny goal to work on when I feel bored.  Something to look forward to.

However....

BIG *Mystery* Projects:

1) - BS

2) - PR

3) - BR

4) - PB

These?  These will most likely be the focus of the next challenge.  Also next challenge, I'll have a breakdown of the first few steps. No spoilers; but everything will be more organized, instead of a frenzied GET IT DONE NOW mess like I've been.

Waiting for a response from a friend about uploading the pictures. Once he does, I can upload about 7 pictures.

*sigh of relief*

I feel good.

• Like 5

I'm sitting here and looking around. I'm content.  For the first time in maybe....ever in my life.  It feels weird to 

This is probably the best thing I've seen today..

<3 this...and you

• Like 7

Spoiler

Pictures uploaded thanks to Eric.  Without further ado, I give to you my progress with step #2.  Keep in mind that I have those 12ish mini-projects to finish everything.  The bulk is done. This has been my 3 weeks of nonstop, beastmoding:

29oIw4xEVbeZydXhRvFo0sVyLuh72U3TcyhCg3du

Carpeting.

JupjOYiQHXBti_FVJIXflDclD9RMAlwIlw9EGePL

Sideways Kitchen shot

44CzRraHzPc6Y9FiVrrNsgCMWE57jwB40RxgC2Hu

Some kitchen decorations.  That's my little owl salt and pepper shakers that I bought.  Also, a plant that reminds me of someone special. :redface:

9usjoRrD-GEqkQQ-IeqY1Z7drpiwY2Qu8b0aD45p

Bedroom with matching green lamp.  Still need to get sheets.

88XpMcxndQ37Xu09tFvUAiDbEar5nkMfAjvFblKh

Back of living room

Q862DU9KxsoyhUWlfXz6II1RDPrUeCyBj5AnqqXT

Front of living room. This is already outdated - everything is all neat and organized. Extra plugs and cords taking care of.

lYxP-V4g0JVo_zOvyPeF4sYyPfV3dM7niPDERzGP

Side view from kitchen/hall into the living room. I love these barstools that I put together.  The 4 suits of cards.  This half-wall is primed currently. It will be painted black and then I'll put a shiny clear coat over it.  It's like a tiny bar/kitchen table.

1SsqUvGb--wjlZkPfEeI1sLwDVHbG3o1VHRWlXin

Here's a shot from the front door area. The kitchen is to the immediate right of where I'm standing. Notice my pups sitting on the space rug and wondering wtf I'm doing.

R-1Y8D3k5zA-X9DrrCseOI080apx6GlUv5-iJL5c

Once the smaller projects are done.... It's time to see what can be done in the 'southeast corner'.  For now, it's cleaned up, but nothing new is...built.  That's an old sign for:  No Trespassing Police Take notice. However, I scraped off the 'Pol ce', so it looks like 'I' notice.

And lastly, the start of step #4...

3t_ajshVvSKG6wp5NGG6ji3NjjWT9KX0840Ytvd4

• Like 11

Looks amazing! I'm so proud of all you accomplished and in such a short time!

Step 4 I will reserve judgement on till I know for certain what it is...

• Like 3

Spoiler