Teros XVII - (Project Pheonix)

Teros

I think you're my favourite.

16307619923_18fb9ac41b_b.jpg

WHERE ARE MY PICTURES?

WHERE ARE MINE!?

Which pictures did you want, anyway?  Should I upload Round #2 for something?

You leave me no choice

is-that-it-life.jpg

Joke's on you.  I just made spaghetti squash and mashed up an avocado to that...  (It takes me approximately 10 hours to scoop and mash a single avo.  I'm grossly inefficient.) 

*SMILES!?* *YAAAAAAAAHHHH!*

Enjoy.

---------------------

Ok, so challenge WRAP UP!

tyler.jpg
1) Starter: Fod
2) Starter: Red
3) Starter: Wal
4) Starter: Sep
-
batman_wallpaper_by_noisekick91-d5dqsig.
1) PP
2) W
3) P
4) C
5) C?
6) SP-CO
7) SO
8) IM
9) STR/BLD

All done.  I have my entire challenge (and the subsequent 3-6 challenges) already figured out. It's time to hit the [Cruise Control for Awesome] button and ride this fucking wave like a boss.

Let me break this down a little bit.  I can explain some of these terms.  First off is the 'Starter' original 4 options. Those were the basics that I needed to focus on and keep my challenge on the back-burner until Project Phoenix was in full effect.  Fairly easy steps: Food, Reading, Walking, Sleeping.  Basics.

The rest:

1) PP = Project Phoenix; the first step of purging my life.  I purged emotionally by writing the entire story down. I purged physically by having a bonfire and burning the majority of my stuff to the ground and rising from the ashes.

2) W= Whole 30.  I have started this and I'm eating better.

3) P = Painting.  As you saw by the photos; I got that shit on lockdown.  The smaller projects will be done as the next challenge progresses and I find pockets of time.

4) C = Cooking.  I went outside of my comfort zone and bought about 8 new spices to experiment with.  I also have a new cookbook that I've been leafing through in order to get ideas.  Once I feel comfortable with my whole 30, I will be trying to 1) Try new foods/flavors. 2) Upload pictures of said successes or failures in such cooking.

5) C? = Change the self. As in, I didn't know if I would do a sort of makeover.  As you saw by the round 1.  Yes, round 1 of the hair cutting; that this is in full effect but will not be done until probably the next challenge, so pictures for said makeover will happen then.

6)-9) = These are still works in progress and will be 'unlocked' as future steps for Project Phoenix.  You've seen the first couple steps and that's it.  There's 10+ steps that are happening over the next few challenges. I said this would be the catalyst/the domino effect for change and I fucking meant it.

----

Now, on to today:

Went for a 2 mile walk with my dogs. Did my pushups. I used my sledgehammer on the tire to get out some frustration. Showered. Round #2 of hair.  I started cooking for the week. And finally, those barstools have been fixed and are usable. There was an issue with the screws not going in correctly because of the hole spacing int the bracket.  That has been rectified.  It's almost 2pm and I was going to do some reading for school and create a better weekly schedule for myself because the one I have currently is it too much of a block form.  Efficient, but not effective.  Big difference.

Although this starts the week off, I will be on here still until the new forums are up and I can explain more of the Phoenix Project, the steps, and the subset pieces that comprise those steps.  All nice and laid out.  I can take a breather, but I can't take a break.  Gotta keep moving.  I have momentum now. Stopping for a few days would only ruin shit for me.

Oh yeah, I leveled up. All the points without a single doubt.  I did more in the past month than in the past 6 challenges combined.

• Like 7

Which pictures did you want, anyway?  Should I upload Round #2 for something?

5) C? = Change the self. As in, I didn't know if I would do a sort of makeover.  As you saw by the round 1.  Yes, round 1 of the hair cutting; that this is in full effect but will not be done until probably the next challenge, so pictures for said makeover will happen then.

Something tells me she's asking for these pictures...

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Something tells me she's asking for these pictures...

Well it's just because I was going to take a picture after everything was done - not some in-between. That's all. In-between pics for the satyr-cave was totally fine.  Worst case scenario is that some will get leaked pretty soon...

• Like 3

You suck for leaving us hanging!

Ok. If you keep posting more pictures of the Rock, my cover boy, than I will lay off pictures of you.

This is what leads me to my conclusion (and I know how her Scorpio mind works ;))

Worst case scenario is that some will get leaked pretty soon...

*looks around to see who I need to bribe to see these pictures*

• Like 2

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

WHAT'S THAT?  ROUND #2?

087.jpg

L5YsyQas3kEgk582sYnio08fQEvIjfIKY2tRVzlH

More?  MORE!
---

Everyone, I would like to take the time to publicly thank someone: KingLeeroy. I've been talking to this person for a long time.  I consider us to be pretty good friends.  I was sent a gift, which I got in the mail the other day. I was waiting to mention this because I wanted a picture uploaded.  There was also a handwritten note, which, I will admit, I totally teared up reading.  Thank you.  Really, I mean it.  Little things like this mean the world to me.  I've gotten other gifts from people and each time I am amazed.  This... this makes me feel so loved.  Here is it:

1EXbXcXnt4arCbDJovCKaHexCC8t-i8eO50WNhK7

It is a 'phoenix down' - which is a Phoenix feather that is an item used in Final Fantasy to revive someone.  It was fitting as I've burnt the foundations down and I'm starting from scratch - also the whole name of this project coincides with it.  Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I swear I'm not going to water my beard.
  • Like 9

This... this makes me feel so loved.  

Dude, you ARE

• Like 5

Spoiler

Indeed

I want to hug all of you.

---

Not much to report today.  Had work, came home, had something to eat, and did  little bit of homework.  I should do some more. It's just that the material is really dry, but splitting it up is seeming to help.  I'm a bit freaked out about next week's writing assignment and us needing an essay topic. On what? Don't even know yet. I don't like having to wait to understand and think about things. 

I think that's the worst part of school - the impending frustration of pacing with the work entailed.  It usually goes too fast, ends up getting rushed, not much is learned when it's all crammed, and then there are periods of decompression and slacking.  All the bits of information that I learned in school wasn't when I had to read X chapters in a week. It was when the class had a discussion and the material was treated with a certain amount of respect, rather than a standardized benchmark.  Why is there never a very streamlined version of learning; where someone can learn leisurely?  I mean, it must be proven somehow that 'rush rush rush rush stuff everything in your brain so you can forget it all in a month' is a BAD idea, right?

Been also kicking around thoughts in my head about the butterfly effect and how to learn from good and bad experiences.  Also been thinking about Love. Yes, capital.

I have been accused in the past months and years; of not knowing what Love even is.  Now granted, the accusers of this are all people who have admitted in my time knowing them; that they are emotionally walled off and don't trust people.  Being aware of that information, gleaning knowledge from people like that is like trying to play a game with half the deck of cards not on the table.  If you can't play with the full deck and only have partial information; nothing will really get worked out except a warped and skewed version with bizarre instances tethered together without much logic or reason.  Still, as part of my satyr trickster self, I like to play devil's advocate for a lot of my life.

Love, to me, is all encompassing.  Saying you love someone is telling them that you understand and appreciate all of their good qualities. You want them to foster those positive things.  Cultivate them like a garden of plants that grow. It also means that you can see where their imperfections are and be able to accept those once their reasoning makes sense.  I've talked to a lot of people on here and I have mentioned a couple of times that I like learning about people. I find people to be interesting and fascinating. I like understanding how they are like other people. How they are different. How in the same situation, which defense mechanisms they use or what they used to cope in the face of tragedy or loss.  People are afraid of their dark side and they think that they should be ashamed of the faults that they have and run from them - keep them locked up.  They shouldn't. 

People fear what they don't understand. If you can understand your faults, they aren't quite as scary anymore.  In fact, knowing them means that there's a chance to actively do something about them.  There's a...certain phrase that has cropped up quite a few times in my hundreds of page's-worth of PMs.  I'm not going to utter it here.  But it's not a trait - it's a perception.  Love for me in wanting that mirror to be shone to them and to see their dark side face-to-face; in order to know and therefore defeat it.  Self-actualize. Be the best you can be.  I know my dark side. Knew it.  Love is wanting to fulfill potential.  When it's about basking in the good, shining a light on the bad, and then having that vileness be smitten, purifying a person just a little bit; how can Love not be considered all-encompassing force?

I know what it is and I'm glad I do. I don't think many do; or they need quite a few hard lessons hammered into them for the wiseness from a lifetime of mistakes to figure it out.  In saying all of this, I want to say that I Love all of you.  I have been going through a hard time - still am in totally different aspects, but I'm getting through this thing called life.  I'm proud to know all of you.

:redface:

• Like 8

Just looked up something.  I'm super close to reaching an amazing, and I mean AMAZING benchmark.  However, I don't want to jinx myself.  I have a goal for this off-week of the challenges. I might be able to reach it before the next challenge. Wish me luck and lots of determination.

I'm so excited I could scream.  Not even joking.... ;)

• Like 7

You don't need luck and you have determination ;) you've got this...believe that

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends :)

• Like 3

Spoiler

You don't need luck and you have determination ;) you've got this...believe that

" Focus". It is all coming,together. I could not think of a single person who deserves happiness and love more.

Thanks!  I know if I stick with a schedule this week, I have a very good chance of doing this.

--

Taking a break from homework.  I'm reading an article that basically takes a sh*t all over therapists because they are not deemed as social workers.  A lot of the information on here seems biased, especially the quotes from other sources that put the spin on therapists that they want to create an entire personality change to cope with a shitty world; while social workers are the ones that want to enact the world change.  However when they start talking about individually helping clients on the social work front, all of their information runs parallel with therapists.  The roughly 30 page article is splitting hairs and semantics to make therapists seem like people that only want to rake in money from the middle class, while social workers are justice heroes that are fighting for the rights of the poor. It's very unnerving that there is such a seeded dislike of people that are all in the same boat with trying to help others reach their full potential.

I think a better dividing-line and splitting of semantics should specialize as 'Individual social working' vs 'Policy social working'.  Individual is lumped together as any type of 1 on 1 interaction with the point being to better the quality of a person's life, which has various case workers and therapists.  Policy should be the ones that have a more legislative role in trying to change politics to divert or raise funds to help the lower and middle class; making them have more opportunities to have a better quality of life.  Individual should inform and spur the person to TAKE the opportunities while Policy should MAKE the opportunities.  Unspecialized social workers should be the ones that run various organizations, like learning centers and such.  That makes the realms: 1v1, 1 within all of society, 1 within an established helping group.

Guess I just had to get that out of my head. I don't like the divide and read-between-the-lines bit of spite that there is in this article...

• Like 4

I found this when I did my training. Half of my training was in the field of counselling and the other half was counselling psychology and as you can guess there was a very distinct enemy each time but this flipped depending on which field I was training in. 

Except for psychiatrists. Everybody seemed to hate the psychiatrists. Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

The Sarcastic Computator

I mean look at this shit:

"The caseworker has good reason to be beguiled by the lures of psychotherapy, to seize upon the points of similarity and to skim lightly over the gulfs of indifference, particularly if the practice of psychotherapy is unwisely and unthinkingly accorded undue prestige values.  As if the practice of casework did not suffice!  As if doing psychotherapy made the caseworker a better and more valuable person!"

lemur-24432709090.jpeg

Ok, chill the f*ck out, please. There are no quotes in this article from therapists (interestingly enough...), yet this is blatant putting words in people's mouths.  What therapist said that casework wasn't enough? Or that they are a better person than a social worker?  SW sounds like they're bratty little children that want more recognition.  Having indifference to suffering?  'Lures' of therapy?  What an evil idea to be pulled away from the noble and selfless bleeding heart social worker and not be tied down by bureaucratic bullshit policies and thinking that talking to an individual as an equal and not a case# in a huge workload is somehow blasphemous.  I don't get it.  We're all helping people for f*ck's sake!  SW is not > Therapist.  Therapist is not > SW.

*deep breaths*

It's fine. Just finish the article.

• Like 4
55344001.jpg

"In fact, it is arguable that the growing influence of private practitioners within the profession has contributed to the tendency of the profession over the past 20 years to use more of its political clout to push for liscensure and vendorship privileges for clinicians than for services to the needy or for better working conditions for public agency social workers."

WELL THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING, SOCIAL WORKERS?!  Where's your 'political clout'?  The therapist is suppose to push to help your job out while you simultaneously put them down? Why the hell aren't you helping your own job? Don't you have your own agendas? Why are you calling out your professional cousins and denouncing them for wanting to further their influence? Shouldn't you be doing the same? Where are your policy-makers? Why the hell aren't there social workers in your field trying to stop the outsourcing of jobs to china, so we can have more jobs here which will elevate the poor into not needing hand-outs; but instead becoming more productive members of society which will overall put less of a drain on the economy? FOR F*CKS SAKE!  Get you're heads out of your collective asses and do something about it instead of bitching that therapists are all money-hungry and have lost sight of helping people for 30 f*cking pages.

cup_of_rage.jpg?w=627

The fact that I'm this bothered about the whole situation shows just how passionate I am about this.  I want to do a bit of both - I want to work in a social work field with an organization to help the lower class, and I want to be able to have a handful of clients.  What then, both sides of the fence?  Am I spineless pushover goody-two-shoes do-gooder for the poor with a chip on my shoulder who wants recognition for being a goddamn hero (which, by the way, gloating for the attention and praise might be just as bad as doing it 'for the money'...) or am I money-hungry scumbag that wants to pamper the more privileged?  Ass-hats.

Thank God I finished that article.  If I didn't exercise and shower before work today, I'd be beating the shit out of a tire right now with my fury.

• Like 4

That you are so passionate about this shows you are on the right path...

Beating up the tire might not be a bad idea though...

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends :)

• Like 3

Spoiler

4879712+_223a230a67dc356772704c0565d7a73

Social Worker's Societal Values:

#4) Altruism

#8) Maximal opportunities for all persons to use and extend their personal capabilities and potentials.

#12) Maximal opportunities for all persons for satisfying, constructive, and salutary relationships with family members  and others in accordance with their own needs and preferences. 

tumblr_m9q289S1bf1qhfadgo3_500.gif

Looks like Spect&CourneyTm should read their core tenants again in the other article I have due...

tumblr_inline_nbpu2yg5sB1t0xgex.gif

• Like 1