• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Like this?

van-houtte-coffee-grinds_emag_article_la

(You would not believe the amount of saucy images I saw while getting a picture of "grind")

If this was your first thought, does that indicate you are a coffee addict? (I prefer tea).

I was thinking more along the lines of these:

90c1lh.jpg

5xsole.jpg

I haven't logged anything here for a couple of days and they have been a bad couple of days.

Wednesday night I decided that I would skip my walk/run on Thursday morning to give my right calf a little more time to get back to normal.

So I slept in for a couple of hours Thursday morning and got on with my day as normal. I ate light at work, then walked home (2.83 miles). By the time I got home my legs felt warmed up and fine, so I confirmed what I had already thought, that my walk before running would have loosened my up enough that I could have ran that morning.

I went to get a drink and found that I had emptied my jug of Mio the night before and not refilled it. I hate drinking American tap water (it tastes of chemicals to me), so got a yogurt pouch instead. After that I decided to eat a few tinned mandarin segments, but ened up eating the whole tin. This seemed to set something off in my brain and I just wanted to keep eating, I even ate half a pack of stale lemon puffs (which were terrible).

I did the army crawls that were part of the unofficial mini challenge.

My desire to eat everything kept growing and a little later I went to the local gas station and got a large energy drink (Monster Khaos) and a couple of chocolate bars. I ate and drank everything, followed up by two cherry tip-tops (freezer pops) and felt bad about my pigout, but thought I would at least be satisfied for the rest of the night.

My calories for the day went over my apps suggested total and the total I keep for my challenges, but weren't as bad as they could have been, around 2,000 calories after exercise allowances.

The calories weren't the worst part of the day though. Something I had consumed had set off my intestinal cramps/spasms.

I had my Gall bladder removed a 7 years ago and since then I have occasional bouts of Intestinal cramps. There are no rules to what I can or can't eat, what sets me off one time will be fine afterwards.

Usually what happens is I have cramps for 10 minutes, lie down with a hot water bottle and they slowly subside and I feel normal again. This time they eased off and then cam right back. After easing off a second time I felt tender and slept with the hot water bottle.

Friday

The next day I got up at 5 for my run, I felt fine after last night and didn't want to miss a second day.

After walking 1.5 miles the pain started to return. My stomach wall became distended and hard and some clenching started again. I carried on walking, hoping that it was just a minor flare up and would ease off quickly. By the time I hit the 2 mile mark I knew it wasn't going to stop, so cut my walk short, missing the final mile.

I decided that if I was going to have the ache either way, that I would still run home. That way I would still get my exercise and get home faster to get my hot water bottle ready again.

Walk/run times

Walked 2.01 miles – 29min 5 sec – 4.15 mph

Ran 2.01 miles – 18 min 22 sec – 6.56 mph

I actually felt a little better while running, the ache was still there, but I was concentrating on my breathing and pace, so it left less time to notice the ache. I did wonder as I was running if my time would be faster as I wanted to get home as fast as possible and my times did show that I had sped up from Wednesday.

I sat with my hot water bottle for a while and when I didn't start feeling any better I texted a couple of managers at work, to let them know I was talking the day off.

After a few hours I decided to eat something light, so had a yogurt pouch and a banana with some honey peanut butter. My insides couldn't handle this either and the ache started again, sending me to the bath to soak in some hot water (heat helps ease the pain).

Before the ache started again I was feeling ok and did 2 sets of 100 get ups for the mini challenge.

Poultry used to be my safe food, it was the one thing I could eat and know wasn't going to cause me pain, but now even that has changed. I cooked some chicken breasts to eat later in the day and that set me off too. I ended up lying on the couch with my hot water bottle all night, before finally going to bed early.

At one point I woke up and was feeling ok. I had seen that Saturday's mini challenge exercise was up, so I tried them out. I did 25 climbers and they made pressure build up in my stomach and made me feel like I could throw up. I refilled my hot water bottle and went back to bed.

Saturday

I feel ok again today, but haven't eaten yet as I don't want to set anything off again. I'll have to eat eventually and I guess I'll see how I really am then.

I did 50 more of the mini challenge climbers this morning as I waitined for the kettle to heat the hot water. I felt some pressure build up in my stomach, but not as much as last night and I didn't feel like I could throw up.

I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with the rest of the day, I'll have to see how my body reacts to everything.

All of this reminded me that I need to write into my challenge some leeway for when I am unable to do my exercise because of health reasons. I had no opt out clause in the last one.

Sorry for such a long and rambling post. I wrote all of that for my benefit looking back, not to bore everyone, so here is a summary for anyone smart enough to skip to the end.

TL;DR I've felt shitty for a couple of days and it's had an impact on exercise and diet.

9e12a4c8ccb9abf45b5a54e9961a21d6.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry to hear your stomach has been acting up so severely. Hopefully, you'll be fully operational soon.

funny-pictures-deathstar-hamster.jpg

Love the picture.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be back to normal soon, hopefully for day one of the new challenge. I have minor attacks 4-6 times a year, but I haven't had one that stuck around like this in 4 or 5 years. I still have moments during the day where i can do a little exercise, so I am at least keeping my unbroken daily exercise chain going.

• Like 4

I hope you feel better soon, ElemHH. I'm impressed that you're doing exercise when you can instead of staying in bed all day (which is probably what I would be doing). So you're still sticking with it even when you're sick, great job!

• Like 1

I hope you feel better soon, ElemHH. I'm impressed that you're doing exercise when you can instead of staying in bed all day (which is probably what I would be doing). So you're still sticking with it even when you're sick, great job!

To be honest, I'm not doing much exercise.Just the minimum amount of reps to get through the mini challenge.

• Like 2

To be honest, I'm not doing much exercise.Just the minimum amount of reps to get through the mini challenge.

Every little bit helps.  Glad to hear you are enjoying not hating the mini challenge :)

Subbed for the parkour.  I'm interested in your thoughts on the Tapp Brothers course.  It looks interesting.

• Like 2

Every little bit helps.  Glad to hear you are enjoying not hating the mini challenge :)

Subbed for the parkour.  I'm interested in your thoughts on the Tapp Brothers course.  It looks interesting.

It has been a wake up call, I had no idea I was so bad at so many exercises. Some of the ones from the challenge will be making it into regular rotation from now on though so I can work on my weaker areas.

I did a couple of sessions of the parkour course a while back, the exercises contained were very similar to what a lot of people do here already.

I remember pull-ups with a basketball pressed between your ankles, uneven push-ups, rapid climbers and high knee jumps. There was more going on, but that is what comes to mind right now.

They claim that people who have followed the course have lost weight and got lots fitter by the end. I'll at least be able to tell you if that is true.

• Like 4

Oh god, that all sounds horrible! Good that you're feeling a bit better again. And it's so impressive you did anything. I think I would have avoided all movement except crawling into bed and rolling up in a miserable ball of self-pity. :D So yes, super impressive indeed!

• Like 3

I wrote a really long post and still managed not to cover everything. I forgot that on Friday I had also done some chin-ups (not pull-ups) during some of the time that I didn't feel too bad (10 reps).

Saturday continued

During the day I finished off the required climbers for the unofficial mini challenge. I did 375 today, so hit the minimum requirement. I only seemed to be able to do 50 in each set before my abs felt tired and needed a break.

This was the only exercise that I did today, I didn't even feel like going out for a walk.

Not too long after my first post today I started eating, lightly at first and eventually built up to eating like a mad man. So that is three bad diet days that I've had this week. Monday's weigh in isn't going to be good. Oh well, it is the start of the challenge, so I'll be making improvements again and hopefully haven't sabotaged myself too much.

Fitness-Motivational-Quotes-If-It-Doesnt

• Like 4

I'm not doing so great diet-wise the last couple of days either. I can't seem to stop thinking, well the challenge is about to start so I should eat a bunch of junk. But I did well the rest of the week so I'm not going to worry about it too much. I'm not ever going to get to the point where there won't be days that I eat a bunch of junk I don't need. And I'm not sure I would want to either. I'm just trying to eat healthy most of the time and keep the junk food fests to a minimum.

I'm very glad your stomach is better though, and that probably had something to do with your eating. This was the first day in a few days that you could eat without worrying about it causing you pain.

• Like 4

I'm not doing so great diet-wise the last couple of days either. I can't seem to stop thinking, well the challenge is about to start so I should eat a bunch of junk. But I did well the rest of the week so I'm not going to worry about it too much. I'm not ever going to get to the point where there won't be days that I eat a bunch of junk I don't need. And I'm not sure I would want to either. I'm just trying to eat healthy most of the time and keep the junk food fests to a minimum.

I'm very glad your stomach is better though, and that probably had something to do with your eating. This was the first day in a few days that you could eat without worrying about it causing you pain.

It hasn't been great food wise, but like you, I'm not getting down on myself because of it. I was keeping myself in line for 8 weeks and will be doing it again for another 6 weeks now, so a few days shouldn't have too much impact on that. I can undo any damage i have done and keep moving forward.

I don't think I'll ever give up the bad foods completely either, so I'll just allow myself those few days inbetween challenges when I need them and then get right back to improving again.

Popping in to say hi and wish a fellow yoga buddy luck with the upcoming challenge. I hope you're feeling okay for day 1!

Thank you. Here's hoping we all make the improvements we are hoping for.

Really like this one.

Yeah me too. I was originally going to post a different picture, but this one caught my eye and reminded me that there is a reason to keep pushing at your limits.

Thanks to all three of you for stopping by, good luck with day one of your new challenges.

And good luck to anyone else who stops by too.

This is just a quick post to make a note of my starting stats. I weighed myself and took body measurements.

I am going to reweigh myself tomorrow too. Usually I take a second weigh in if I think my weight is too high, but this time I think it is too low.

After several days of not eating right and not doing as much exercise, I think my weight should be higher, instead it had actually gone down.

After I weigh myself tomorrow, I will take the higher of the two weights as my starting point.

Weight – 197.0lb (Last week 197.8lb)

Fat – 23.5% (Last week 23.8%)

Water – 55.9% (Last week 55.7%)

Muscle – 39.7% (Last week 39.6%)

Shoulders 47.5 inches

Chest 42 inches

Stomach 38 inches

Hips 38 inches

Arse 40.5 inches

Right Bicep 14 inches

Right Forearm 11.5 inches

Right Thigh 24 inches

Right Calf 15 inches

Left Bicep 14.5 inches

Left Forearm 11.75 inches

Left Thigh 23.5 inches

Left Calf 15.25 inches

9tl6oz.jpg

• Like 3

Love this one!

This still wasn't the original pic I was going to post, it was another I found that distracted me from the image I wanted. Maybe my original pic will make it up tomorrow, then again, maybe not.

• Like 1

I don't remember if I posted yesterday's walk time. I walked 5.07 miles @4.36 mph.

I felt like I was walking a little slower than normal, so I was surprised at my time.

I weighed myself again this morning before I went out for my run and was 196.8lb, so yesterday's weigh in was accurate. I don't know how, but I managed to lose some weight during a bad food week.

Today's walk/run was 5.10 miles.

3.07miles walk - 44min 12sec - 4.17mph

2.03miles run - 18min 10sec - 6.70mph

• Like 5

Guh, sorry your stomach issues laid you out last week/weekend. Glad you're in better shape for the challenge start and here to start slaying the slayers. :)

And woo for weight loss during a "bad" week. The scale is a mysterious thing sometimes!

• Like 2