♫ starsapart plays her fight song ♫

starsapart

Good on you :)  Stroganoff over SS sounds pretty good.  It's been a long time since I've had stroganoff.

Those areal workouts sound very intense, and I bet they feel great when you hit them just right.

It's awesome when I finally nail a trick that's been giving me trouble.  Seriously rewarding!!!

And stroganoff is a great reward. ;)

I explain the more calories you eat, the faster your metabolism runs and you lose weight as a result.

Ahahahahaha I may someday get to the "eat as much as I want" comfort zone, but I'm not there yet.  I eat a ton and STILL I'm hungry all the time!

That does sound good!  Utterly yummy and I completely agree!  Good for you for fighting against food shame cause food is meant to be enjoyed!  Especially after a PAINFUL sounding aerial session!  Yowch!

Man I hope your arm is okay!  That sounds really annoying and it's definitely good that you're taking it easy and doing stretching :)

VACATION!!!  Oh man so soon!  Enjoy!

My aunt is the typical Russian lady of her generation, worrying that young women will get fat and lose their value to society.  Which is idiotic, because my value has nothing to do with my waist size.  I had value when I was overweight, I still have value now that I am not.  Being thin is not the only thing that matters, ugh.  But that is a rant for another day.  Fighting cultural norms is HARD.

VACATION IN TWO DAYS!!!! :D

I'm just catching up after being AWOL for a few days due to moving halfway across the country. I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. That is always hard.

Thank you. :love_heart:

Yesterday was interesting.  Went to core class, but only one other person besides me showed, so the teacher decided to do an all-over mini training session.  Which would have been fine if not for my freaking ARM.  I modified things as needed to keep the pressure off, but still, this isn't what I signed up for. <_<

Good news front: arm feels completely normal today, so far so good.

Managed to get two loads of laundry done last night, as well as spend some time with Achaedia who is kindly taking care of our kitties while we're gone.  Made us a tasty dinner.  Remembered my love of buckwheat.  Do you guys ever eat buckwheat?  13g of protein/170 cals per serving, low glycemic index (it's technically a seed related to rhubarb, I think, as opposed to a true "grain"), pleasant nutty flavor, really filling, AND you can make it in your rice cooker and freeze leftovers.  Who could ask for more??????

Managed a short singing session while I waited for the last load of laundry.  Was trying to keep it quiet as stillskies crashed early, so I got to play with dynamics in the stratosphere some.  Not where I want it to be yet, but pretty at pp up to A, so good work anyway, plus now that quest is done for the week!  Still need two more stretch sessions though.......

Anyway!

Today is for barre in the afternoon and open gym in the evening (will be taking it easy on my arm for suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure though).  Planning on fitting in the stretchy somehow.  Either before I leave for open gym (if I get home and manage the chores early enough), or truncating my time at open gym to ensure I get it done.  After that, only one left, I can do it tomorrow while taking a break from packing or something???

Also, good snacks are a go once again - I carved up a watermelon yesterday, plus I have the last of my carrots.  AND I am one single peanut butter bar away from having zero snack food in the house (not counting dried fruit and nuts).  YEAH!  After vacation, I'll go on my single allotted snack food grocery run.  I may already be making mental lists..... :D

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Buckwheat! I must do this! I seem to recall eating it a lot of it with beef when I was a kid. I must do that again.

Thank you! :)

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's a Polish staple - it's a Russian staple, after all. :D

I bought a bag of it at the Chinese grocery store, of all places, but they carried a good brand so.... why not?  Anyway, delicious goodness.  Now that I remember that this exists, and now that I've figured out how to cook it in the rice cooker (stovetop kasha = hell no, too much hassle), I will be eating this A LOT.

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's a Polish staple - it's a Russian staple, after all. :D

I bought a bag of it at the Chinese grocery store, of all places, but they carried a good brand so.... why not?  Anyway, delicious goodness.  Now that I remember that this exists, and now that I've figured out how to cook it in the rice cooker (stovetop kasha = hell no, too much hassle), I will be eating this A LOT.

Of course it's a staple :D Granted, I didn't care for it when I was a kid because it was... I dunno, it has weird texture and almost too much flavor. I think it will be just perfect for the adult me. I'll have to look into it. My project for this week is to check out my local Korean store, so maybe I'll get lucky? :tongue:

• Like 1

Of course it's a staple  :D Granted, I didn't care for it when I was a kid because it was... I dunno, it has weird texture and almost too much flavor. I think it will be just perfect for the adult me. I'll have to look into it. My project for this week is to check out my local Korean store, so maybe I'll get lucky?  :tongue:

Really?  I've always liked it..... my mom usually served it with kotlety, and with the gravy she made, it was soooooooo yummy.

I'll have to try buckwheat. I've had buckwheat crepes, but that's the sum total of my buckwheat experimentation. Millet is a favorite of mine, but I'd like to try some other grains.

It's pretty excellent, definitely recommended!

I've had buckwheat noodles before, those were pretty good. 

They are!  But call it cultural - I prefer it in "grain" form, the way I always ate it as a kid.

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

IT IS ALMOST TIME.

And yeahhh! Buckwheat! <3 it. I need to restock my misc. grain-ish supply.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Oooooooooooooof I feel like I got run over by a truck.

Barre was weird.  With itty bitty dumbbells, my hand tingles came back.  WHAT WHAT WHY.  I can already see that I will be visiting the doctor after vacation, UGH. :(

Anyway, after work, I had a serious case of the fuckits.  Because it's my policy to ALWAYS work out ESPECIALLY when I have the fuckits, I went to open gym despite arm worries.  Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich maybe wasn't the best life choice as my arm proceeded to go numb to the elbow!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Maybe I should have listened to inner lazy voice and stayed home.

SIGH.

I even took it pretty easy!!!  Mostly I worked on less arm-intensive things.... hands-free helicopters, prettying up my bicycle climb, double footlock sequence, etc.  Did a bit of review of cat's cradle into belay, got tangled once (whoops, more on that below).  Also did more teardrop sequence review for video, though I stupidly decided LET'S DO THE OTHER SIDE! without thinking about the fact that my right hand would end up in wrist lock.  It was subsequent to this that my arm went numb, SIGH.

Yeah, yeah, I'm an idiot.

Got a video, though.  A few struggles at the tail end but maybe just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle less awkward than last time, minus the exit:

You can tell something's wrong, though.  Sigh, damn it, arm, what gives!?!?!?  Taking a week off is probably well-timed.

Oh!  I.... got a compliment from Teo!?!?!?  That's the guest artist who wowed me at the instructor showcase for the festival.  He was hanging out with some of the advanced girls doing something or other on rope, and apparently he really liked my cat's cradle and said it was really pretty?  I was so shocked that I messed up my wrap and got tangled up in the air after he looked away, hahahahahaha!

Spent the last half hour stretching, so flexiness session achieved.

Then went home and ate all the things, but apparently not enough of the things, as I still feel like crap.  Today is lifting day. :(  I already know better than to try anything that requires pulls or cleans, but other than bench (which doesn't impact my arm at all usually), how do?????  I guess I can do core???  I'm really displeased about all of this.

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

IT IS ALMOST TIME.

And yeahhh! Buckwheat! <3 it. I need to restock my misc. grain-ish supply.

Have an AWESOME time in Mexico. :)

I MAY BE COUNTING HOURS.  VACATION IS SO SOON.

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Holy crap please be careful with numb arm.  The last thing you want is a pinched nerve, or to work it too hard and have something irreparable happen, IDK much about anatomy and how it all jumbles together but that would make me cautious as all getout!! ;______;

VACATION SOON I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOOOOOUUU!!!!!  <3 <3 You guys deserve a lovely trip, seriously, after all the crap you've been through and dealt with, time to just chill and take it eeeassssyy!

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

i am always impressed with the vids of your aerial work, and it's great that Tio agrees :)

Have a blast on your vacation.  Enjoy all the things :) 

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Everytime someone says 'numb arm', I immediately think 'Narm' and it makes me chuckle cause what a funny sound.  Anywho; definitely take it easy during the lifting the today; yesterday I was feeling a stabbing pain in my left forearm so I'll have to be taking it a bit easier today (though like you, I tend to say 'fuck it' and do workouts anyways...like kickboxing.  Just need to watch my jabs and left hooks...).  Core wouldn't be a bad focus I think...

Awesome that you got a compliment from the awesome quest artist!  That's a big confidence boost!  The video is as amazing as always :D

Man vacation!  I am so jealous!  Have a great time :D

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

I've also had arm tingle and numbness issues, though mostly on heavy press and deadlift type days. It's almost definitely nerve-squeeze related. If you are still having troubles when you get back from vacation, it's definitely worth looking into. I'd guess some shoulder PT to realign things would probably fix it. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Holy crap please be careful with numb arm.  The last thing you want is a pinched nerve, or to work it too hard and have something irreparable happen, IDK much about anatomy and how it all jumbles together but that would make me cautious as all getout!! ;______;

VACATION SOON I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOOOOOUUU!!!!!  <3 <3 You guys deserve a lovely trip, seriously, after all the crap you've been through and dealt with, time to just chill and take it eeeassssyy!

It's sort of stressing me out even though I have a fair idea of what it is, I won't lie.

Hopefully a week off of aerial and a lot of relaxation will help......................  :moody:

i am always impressed with the vids of your aerial work, and it's great that Tio agrees :)

Have a blast on your vacation.  Enjoy all the things :)

Thank you! :love_heart:

I randomly have appendages or parts of appendages go numb after silks work sometimes... it's a bit unnerving, but never lasts long so I usually don't worry about it much.

This is perhaps too casual of an attitude to take...

When it's random and passes quickly, I ignore it, too.  It's happened to me off and on as well.  But this is persistent and has been going on for weeks, flaring then fading then flaring again....... ugh.

Everytime someone says 'numb arm', I immediately think 'Narm' and it makes me chuckle cause what a funny sound.  Anywho; definitely take it easy during the lifting the today; yesterday I was feeling a stabbing pain in my left forearm so I'll have to be taking it a bit easier today (though like you, I tend to say 'fuck it' and do workouts anyways...like kickboxing.  Just need to watch my jabs and left hooks...).  Core wouldn't be a bad focus I think...

Awesome that you got a compliment from the awesome quest artist!  That's a big confidence boost!  The video is as amazing as always :D

Man vacation!  I am so jealous!  Have a great time :D

Thanks so much!  I am so ready for this vacation, you have no idea.

I've also had arm tingle and numbness issues, though mostly on heavy press and deadlift type days. It's almost definitely nerve-squeeze related. If you are still having troubles when you get back from vacation, it's definitely worth looking into. I'd guess some shoulder PT to realign things would probably fix it. 

Yeah, I'm assuming it's a nerve squeeze issue as well.  We'll see if a week off of aerial (I do intend to lift at the resort gym) will help..... but probably back to the chiro I go.  I was having him work on it and it was getting way better for awhile, and then this week (just as I'd canceled my appointment because of course the timing was perfect), it flared up again. :(

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Gymmed today!  Managed not to screw up my arm more by doing only one lift (bench) and then a lot of core.  The rundown:

• 10 minute walk @3mph, 15% incline
  • Bench: 4x5x76, 1x4x76
  • "Girly abs": 3x10
  • Decline bench sit-ups: 3x15 w/20lb dumbbell
  • Single leg Swiss ball glute bridges: 3x10 each leg

Felt good minus the arm!  One rep short on bench but I think I'm being overly cautious because of the arm.  I'm sure the resort won't have fractionals, so I'll be back to 75 for next week and will rock the socks off 76+ when I get back!

Short stretch session followed.  I think I'll be doing my last flexy session tomorrow sometime..... or maybe tonight as I laundry, we'll see.  Week 3 wrap-up is coming soon (early tomorrow morning????) whichever way, because I will NOT be fussed doing that on Sunday, ha!

Tonight is date night, which in this case means pretty pedicures (very timely for the beach!) and rare but wonderful delivery for dinner (SUSHI).

Also, all signed up for a rope sampler the Tuesday after we get back and a lyra sampler that Thursday.  stillskies will come to lyra with me!  And my co-worker M will be joining me for rope, wheeeee!

Feeling a lot less mopey than earlier today.  Probably because the clock is ticking down to vacation time........................

• Like 6

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

I really liked the video. Particularly the spinny bit at roughly 1:40

HAPPY VACATIONING!!!!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

HAPPY BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!! [emoji178] [emoji259] [emoji227]

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

You better be having a great time ya'll!  WOO!

tumblr_lpsxhletts1qep8ay.gif

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans