Glass: Eat, sleep, dream, repeat (#6)

Hey adventurers. I'm an adventurer too. Think this place is perfect for me.  

Back to dreams. Back to basics. From Thinking and Growing Rich: Find your burning desires, and through faith and persistence you can turn them into reality. Fill your mind with ideas of having these things and the results are inevitable. Magnificent Obsession.  

tumblr_nb173qCPUk1qa9ddao1_500.jpg

Here are this person's five dreams, deadline by July 1st 2016.  

Dream #1: Build confidence and social skills  

-Read books, watch TED talks, write in journal, listen to audible, coach.me program, watch netflix documentaries 

Stats: +1 sta, +1 wis, +1 cha  

A: 2 sessions a week, 12 total  

Dream #2: Play Guitar in a band  

-Watch DVD lessons, contact Scotty for guitar lessons, practice scales and intervals on guitar 

Stats: +1 con, +1 wis, +1 cha 

Dream #3: Get Skilled at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai 

-Go to the dojo, research, learn online, cooking, yoga 

Stats: +1 str, +1 dex, +1 sta 

Dream #4: Have a strong support network (Build relationships)  

-Go out with friends, read pdf, read books, spend time talking, meet new people 

Dream #5: Regularly start dating  

-Coach.me relationships, aoc, read books, dance 

tumblr_n7wouuupc91r3rdh2o1_500.gif

:pirate:

• Like 2

tumblr_m1oa35aAAP1qinx4ko1_500.jpg

I'm just gonna start the challenge today. Lol. 

7-20.

-Listened to effective communication skills audible during my drive from the cape to boston. Probably about half an hour, before I got sleepy and decided to wake up to some rocking tunes.

-"Gourmet" pizza, which didn't taste as good as I imagined it would be. Also played some Super smash melee and then went to see Trainwreck, which was terrible at moments and hilarious at the same time. We talked about video games a lot but near the end of the ride back I mentioned starting guitar lessons and he talked about his pursuit of singing a la youtube vids. I brought up learning a song together and it looks like tmr I'll be going through a list to decide which song. Dam maybe its the start of a band or something haha. Happy.

Results: 1, 4

7-21.

-Finished lesson 17! Modes are not that bad :) It goes: Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Myxolydian, Aeolian, Locrian, Ionian. Hell yea!

-Lunch with a friend (two meals in a row -_-) lol and then dinner with dad. Connections! Even if I complain about my job sometimes atleast its stable. Better than dealing with the uncertainty and bouncing around of other jobs.

Results: 2,4

7-22.

-Tried to play Under the Bridge by RHCP, its harder than it looks. Stages of song learning: The composition of the song, getting the right notes in the right order, playing in time, and then the little nuances and playing cleanly. Then remembering it and playing it automatically. Next songs to play: I'm Yours and 22.

-Hung out with Enoch, played guitar while he sang. First time I ever did anything like that.

-A little bit of time with ego defenses on the car ride back from Boston.

Results: 1,2,4

• Like 1

tumblr_nhg3tqvfjz1r6j154o1_500.jpg

WEEK 1 REVIEW

Confidence/Social Skills: 3/2 A

Guitar: 3/2 A

Dojo: 0/2 F

Relationships: 6/2 A

Dating: 0/2 F

Overall: 12/10 A (120%)

-Went out a lot, socialized everyday off I had. And I had 5 days off that week. No time for dojo (classes cancelled that week) or dating, though I got inspired saturday night, so hopefully that will change. This new scoring system might be too easy to get points, I'll test it out and keep trucking!

• Like 1

tumblr_nljtib1Wgj1tdn8jno1_500.jpg

7-27.

-Lets see... Work 8-5. then picked up a shift, worked 6-9. Nothing done today x]

Results: none

7-28.

-Dojo: cardio kickboxing class. No more Muay Thai I guess, they changed it to a class where we do body exercises and punching combinations with some knees. I practiced guarding knees which made me nervous because you hold the pads at waist level, inches from your crotch. Lol. But doing all those punches really made my biceps a lot bigger, vain as it might sound. 

-Watched my first episode the finale of bachelorette. yup i'm embarrassed to admit but it is definitely entertaining. 

Results: 3,5

7-29.

-Researched Chicago and Houston itineraries, technically not any of my goals but will make the trip a lot more fun later on.

7-30.

-Packed a little, cleaned, read Influence.

Results: 1

large.png

7-31.

-Same deal as yesterday, finally got my ear clog out! Turns out it was just impaction from having a lot of ear wax. Doc says I have wide ear canals and don't need to use q-tips, ever. sweet xD Read some more Influence. Had fun talking to people at work.

8-1.

-On board to chicago! 

-Read some Inlfuence and some theories about the power of reciprocation, and the retreat and then negotiate tactic. 

-Chicago hot dogs (hard to like if you dont like onions, relish, pickles, or mustard) and played some 7 wonders.

Results: 1,4

8-2.

-Day 2 of chicago. Day at the navy pier. Some gorgoeus views with good company. 

-More 7 wonders, with all of the expansion packs. Fun game lol, and then dinner. Plans for tomorrow.

Results: 4

tumblr_n8wmckAl671tpfhc5o1_500.jpg

WEEK 2 REVIEW

Confidence/Social Skills: 3/2 A

Guitar: 0/2 A

Dojo: 1/2 F

Relationships: 2/2 A

Dating: 1/2 F

Overall: 7/10 C (70%)

-Busy 5 day week, but got time in on the weekend to read about Influence and hang out in Chicago. Wish I had more time to spend on guitar, but I get it. That's fine. Next whole week is off, lots of friendships and time to read but we'll see what else I can squeeze out of it. 

• Like 1

tumblr_np5q8g1CDP1rs8w78o1_500.jpg

8-3.

-Monday in Chicago. Potbellies.. yum! Checked out chicago architecture and skyscrapers on the tour, shopped at the magnificent mile, played Walking Dead the video game, and ate famous deep dish pizza. The walking dead game and the telltale story style made me really addicted, and made me think alot about conversations.

8-4.

-Tuesday in Chicago. Some more Walking Dead, checked out Museum campus/Lakeshore Drive (fcking beautiful) and the Adler Planeterium. Maybe its because I thought that galaxies and nebulas were beautiful, but the museum itself was kind of a letdown. Only so many constellations you can discover and old scientific astrolabs, armillian spheres, and telescopes before you get bored. After that went to eat ramen (not as bad as i thought) and then a cool speakeasy. I discovered I really love going to speakeasies/lounges.

8-5.

-Wednesday in Houston. Touchdown! First day here and the forecast for next 4 days: 98 degrees and partly cloudy xD Wow. But first day down and I'm already getting used to it. great. Ate some bomb ass food here. First time playing escape the room, and it was great. Lots of fun and cooperation with strangers.

tumblr_n9o28bRYa01qz6f9yo1_400.jpg

8-6.

-2nd Day in Houston. Still 95+ and sunny haha. Ate at perhaps the best bbq in Texas... A place called Killens. I overindulged from the hype, and got pounds of food. At some point more food does not mean feeling good. I'd rather order less eat less and feel more happy. After that went on my first segway tour, so sick flying through the park and even the urban streets. Finished the night with some pho. Next time you go to a pho place get the grilled beef in rice. So good.

8-7.

-3rd day in Houston. Eating and sightseeing day! Special of the day was chicken-fried steak... mmmmMmm. Found out I love taking pictures of beautiful things or cool things, makes me excited and I really enjoy the moment. Also! Fine art museums give you a certain type of mood... of beauty, of curiousity, of excitment, of coolness.. definitely worth going to see fine art museums over contemporary art. After that, Dinner at a taco truck and then went to my friend's coworker party. I felt like I could talk to anyone, almost.

Results: 4, 5

8-8.

-Last morning in Houston. Well, I learned that I like eating meat in breakfast places, I'm not such a fan of eggs and toast and such. If I can get steak then great. Chorizo and ham aren't that appealing to me. Also, there's only so many times you can go to a brewery and have fun. After a while its all the same stuff to me. Read Atlas Shrugged on the plane for like 4 hours, still only 12% into the book >_>. But wow what powerful characters and amazing observations about the people. A lot to learn and pick up here. Just paying attention to how the author artfully describes every character, every comment, every reaction, every thought will help you describe people in the same way and make it more interesting to pay attention to people.

8-9.

-Slept over at a friends house, woke up and went to the gym. Learned about the correct posture for squatting (I was doing it wrong the whole time! Bend deeper until your legs are atleast parallel to the floor). This made my max weight go down, but if its not good form then the weight is worthless... All my weights been down since the last time I went to a gym (1 yr+), of course. Though my martial arts training did make my body bigger and make me feel stronger, it doesn't translate to squat racks or bench presses. Which is fine. I could tell that my endurance and will was a lot stronger though. After that met up with a friend and then ate dinner with mom, drove back. Cleaned up around the apt and caught up on a few things. Listened to communications audible while in the car, helped with theory of small talk and connect talk.

Results: 1, 3, 4

tumblr_nri2w5m8za1tgvpt2o3_540.png

WEEK 3 REVIEW

Confidence/Social Skills: 4/2 A

Guitar: 0/2 F

Dojo: 1/2 F

Relationships: 7/2 A

Overall: 15/10 A (150%)

-This one is wierd because I had every day off, but I was on vacation as well so I didn't have access to my guitar. I'll just let it go above 100% haha. When your challenges are your passions and your passions give you energy, you work on them daily because working on your passions is what relaxes you and is what you do in your free time. Work on your passions daily. 

• Like 1

tumblr_ndzbcwc0z51qc4l4yo1_500.jpg

8-10.

-The long work day. Atleast I got decent sleep! Not much done today, no real time since its just eating and unwinding and cleaning and preparing for the next day. oh well. Actually, got some guitar in. Watched the justinguitar lesson for 'I'm Yours'

Results: 2

large.png

7-31.

-Same deal as yesterday, finally got my ear clog out! Turns out it was just impaction from having a lot of ear wax. Doc says I have wide ear canals and don't need to use q-tips, ever. sweet xD Read some more Influence. Had fun talking to people at work.

8-1.

-On board to chicago! 

-Read some Inlfuence and some theories about the power of reciprocation, and the retreat and then negotiate tactic. 

-Chicago hot dogs (hard to like if you dont like onions, relish, pickles, or mustard) and played some 7 wonders.

8-2.

-Day 2 of chicago. Day at the navy pier. Some gorgoeus views with good company. 

-More 7 wonders, with all of the expansion packs. Fun game lol, and then dinner. Plans for tomorrow.

Did you see the fireworks? I think the pier has them every Saturday night.

tumblr_ndzbcwc0z51qc4l4yo1_500.jpg

8-10.

-

Apricots! Those are pretty.

tumblr_nh2rg3Z9rN1suvno8o1_500.jpg

8-11.

-Another long day. Day off tmr! After work so tired I just played video games for 2 hrs. Oh well. Dailies, and then read a little and then rest up for tmr. 

8-12.

-Day off. Feeling kinda sick so I'm just gonna go with basics.

-Played a little guitar, got my coiled guitar chord (never need to go back to regular cable) and played around a little.

-BJJ class. Worked on drills for rolling, backwards rolling, shrimping, armbar, americana, and balancing on an exercise ball. 

-Reconnected, worked on making fantasy football league.

-Read articles and socialized

Results: 1,2,3,4

8-13.

-Work 1-10. 

-Played guitar, worked on "I'm Yours"

8-14.

-BJJ and Muay Thai class at Gracie gym. Pretty fun, a lot of experts there. but I have to be a lot better to be able to learn from them right? Or maybe their guidance will help.

Results: 3

8-15.

-Long day, but passed by quick. 12 hr shift just napped into sleep.

8-15.

-Even longer day, wow one of the longest ones ive ever done. Dam. Feel like sleeping, but let me get my dailies done real quick.

tumblr_njddkygzuj1rs8w78o1_500.jpg

WEEK 4 REVIEW

Confidence/Social Skills: 1/2 F

Guitar: 3/2 A

Dojo: 2/2 A

Relationships: 1/2 F

Overall: 8/10 B (80%)

-Lets see.... what did i do this week? Got a new mindset on BJJ and classes and learning from going to the Gracie gym. Got ideas on relationships from reading Atlas Shrugged. Got down some rhythm of I'm Yours from Jason Mraz, gonna jam later this week with my friend. Pretty good week, considering I worked about 66 hours. Time for some rest... which means on my days off I work on my passions daily B)

tumblr_nde6ae74eY1rtuwl6o1_500.jpg

8-17. 

-Lots of Guitar. I'm Yours practice. Also gonna keep a journal for guitar, I feel much more accomplished when I have progress of my work on a song, and writing at the moment lets me get my thoughts down and organized and its much easier to focus.

-No BJJ class today, but watched a video on preventing injuries. 

-AOC lesson 6

-Read more books, Atlas shrugged and understanding people. Also talked to people 

Results: 1,2,3,4,5

8-18.

-Went into the grisly details of I'm Yours. I'm talking about second by second, repeating, frustrating, enlightening, heated transcribing frenzy to find out the exact recipe of this song. I didn't practice the whole thing too much afterwards though, I was too exhausted from the effort. I'll try a playthrough on Thursday, plans for 22 tmr. ;)

-"Fitness Kickboxing" class. bahumbug. Sure i sweated a lot, but I just want to do muay thai.... more strikes less cardio please. Gotta talk to the dojo about what I want and maybe switching out. Feel good though.

-Aoc Lesson 7. Learning leaps and bounds errreryday.

Results: 2,3,5

8-19.

-Watched BJJ injury video by the gracies. Most common injuries are lower back, neck, knee, shoulder, cauliflower ear injuries. Don't be too aggressive and since when was the last time a bjj spar really truly mattered? Never, so go easy and dont let your ego get in the way. 

Results: 3

8-20.

-Figured out how to do the detailed strumming for 22. Just like 20 minutes, but it was fun and worth it. Gotta fit it in at night now lol.

So secretive! Lol let me know when the new season of rwby comes out ;)

-squee-

Have you heard about the panel at RTX? I know some people don't want spoilers but mostly it seems that it was just hype-hints more than anything terribly new, like in-progress clips cut out of the non-live feed and some character art or models. 

Have you re-watched V2 for some dating tips from Jaune? :P

Went into the grisly details of I'm Yours. I'm talking about second by second, repeating, frustrating, enlightening, heated transcribing frenzy to find out the exact recipe of this song.

Are you trying to learn it by ear?  Or are you trying to learn how to transcribe?  Are you transcribing to notes, or guitar tab?

-squee-

Have you heard about the panel at RTX? I know some people don't want spoilers but mostly it seems that it was just hype-hints more than anything terribly new, like in-progress clips cut out of the non-live feed and some character art or models. 

Have you re-watched V2 for some dating tips from Jaune?  :tongue:

O gawd Jaune xD Well whatever he did worked I guess :P Ah so they are probably still a ways away from a finished product, if its just hype hints. I'll be here, always waiting... lol

Are you trying to learn it by ear?  Or are you trying to learn how to transcribe?  Are you transcribing to notes, or guitar tab?

I'm a big fan of Justinguitar, I watched his lesson to figure out the chords, chord progression, strumming, and intro, bridge. My ear training is non-existent, I have no hope of listening and being able to figure out which chord, lol. So once I felt more comfortable switching and getting the groove I just played along with the song in time, and figured out what part of what word fits into the groove. Long, slow, painful, and ultimately rewarding work. Just got to play a couple more times until it gets really easy.

tumblr_nrrfnwAuRp1qigaa4o1_500.jpg

8-21.

-Beach reading, 2 hrs of Atlas Shrugged. Excitement, I'm like 25% of the way through lol. Although I might be more scared about what will happen when i actually finish the book. Enjoy the moment, enjoy the book and living through the details. Maybe I can absorb some of the authors creativity in describing observations of people as well as moods and thoughts.

-A little bit of guitar. The same 2 songs.

Results: 1,2

8-22.

-Hung out with friends, played supersmash, went out to eat at a nice restaurant. 

-Listened to some audible lessons on communication, got my haircut.

8-23.

-Started a band! (kinda) Just playing guitar along with a friend singing. Okay, so I know now to practice and learn a song WITH the metronome from the beginning so you can keep time properly. Very nooby mistake, but a mistake I had to learn ;D Very fun, we even recorded and forced ourselves to listen.. o gawd hahah. Really honest though so I love it.

-Dinner at kbbq, and then watched a movie and hung out with friends after. Fun. 

Results: 2,4

tumblr_n190o5iFf81qa944oo1_1280.jpg

WEEK 5 REVIEW

Confidence/Social Skills: 3/2 A

Guitar: 5/2 A

Dojo: 3/2 A

Relationships: 3/2 A

Dating: 2/2 A

Overall: 16/10 A+ (160%)

-Wow, solid solid week. Do stuff everyday, work on your passions daily. Don't commit decision fatigue, just do it unless you really dont want to. Its very important. How far you get in life is just how well you plan and execute priorities. You have limited free time since you're so busy, prioritizing whats important for you and what you really truly want to do with your time every moment day in and day out is what determines how far you get. Whether youw ill get what you desire.