Alocin is setting sail

Alocin

Yep scouts would work.  Not everyone there is a runner or into distance.  

Salad sounds tasty, not sure about seagulls though.  ;)  We are hanging out with our niece and wonderful husband tomorrow.  They are teaching our kiddo and me D&D (how nerdy right?) but mostly we are visiting because they are fun.  Anyway they want kiddo to have the full experience of pizza, junk food, soda, and D&D.  Working out how to manage that one.  You did amazing though. 

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Jumped on the scale this morning... Challenge start weight is 92.2 kilos.

About to get up and do day 8 of my yoga challenge.

The getting to bed to sleep by 10 is going well. I suspect it may be the most beneficial bit of the whole challenge?

• Like 1

I will lose 28 kilos (from 94 kg to 66 kg)

10%
10%

Mini challenge:

Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?

Yes.

Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

My quests all align. I do have sub quests but I think they are all do-able and again, aligned. My exercise quest will be the toughest.

Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

I'm tracking on the metrics, not the quality or progress made for my exercise. Just getting myself on the mat, on the treadmill and to the pool. And am using my fitness pal for the eating one. I have gone for a bit of shock and awe on this challenge.

How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

I have a system to grade myself, and I still am rewarded for doing better even if the scale doesn't shift.

What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

I am not grading one weekend away even though I am going to track calories and try to do one long walk to make up for missing a c25k session. Same if I get sick.

Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

No and no.

Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

Yes. Less time on the sofa and getting out of bed earlier will work wonders.

Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

Building good eating, exercise and sleeping habits is my quest :)

10%
10%

Have to say - feeling better for eating more fruit and vegetables. Today I've eaten strawberries, some banana, an apple, kale, beans and sweet potato, and by the end of the day, onion, peas and asparagus will be consumed.

• Like 1

10%
10%

Just about to get on the mat for day 12 of yoga. Terrible night's sleep last night. Took forever and I kept waking up... But I didn't cave and watch telly in the middle of the night.

Oh, and I'm trying not to focus too much on the scale, but I jumped on this morning and I'm 91.1kg, so 1.1 kg down in wk1 of the challenge. Feeling very pleased with myself this Friday morning if a bit tired :)

10%
10%

@awesomesue I listen to a Sleep With Me podcast every night to put me to sleep - specifically their Game of Drones episodes which riff on Game of Thrones. So I put that back on and drifted off again. I just needed to do it a few times :)

@wanderingcavegirl thanks!

• Like 1

10%
10%

I had my big blowout weekend in Melbourne. I knew it was coming, and I enjoyed every single moment of it, particularly the charcuterie plate in a gorgeous Yarra-side bar and eating Peking Duck and salt and pepper squid and spring rolls and drinking far too many glasses of sauvignon blanc (let's not mention the 2am greasy pizza slice). I did do a lot of walking - I did at least an hour each day I  was away of incidental walking with two very tall, long-legged friends, so I needed to really leg it to keep up!

But it's time again to get into the challenge mindset. I pondered grabbing a greasy bacon and egg roll on the way to work for breakfast, but instead I had oats. I pondered grabbing a chocolate bar for morning tea, and had a mandarin instead. So, I think I'm going to get back on track just fine.

I did have a bit of a miss in that I didn't do yoga this morning but as long as I do it this evening I'll still be on track for my challenge. :)

But, disregarding the weekend's shenanigans, it's time to grade week 1, from July 26 to August 1.

Report card: Week 1

Quest 1.1 (calorie tracking)    1/6 weeks tracked and goal met (on target for an A)

Quest 1.2 (no fast food, no solo binging)    A

Quest 2.1 (30 days of yoga)  12/30 consecutive sessions (on track for an A)

Quest 2.2 (3xC25K sessions)    A

Quest 2.3 (2xswim sessions)    A

Quest 3 (sleep by 10pm on a school night)    A

Life Quest (inviting friends around for more meals)   0/3 (but friends invited for Sunday lunch this coming week)

• Like 1

10%
10%

Hmmm. Having a rocky start to week 2. Today has not been a good eating day... chocolate and cheese and croissants. I feel a bit sick, actually.

Need to rein it back in for tomorrow. Big time...

I have after-work appointments and plans to head out with friends later in the week, so fitting in exercise is going to be tricky. But, it can and will be done.

• Like 1

10%
10%

Sigh. Last week was a fairly abject failure. Ds all round - so much crap I've eaten, yuck! - except for the having friends over life quest. It may be my only A this challenge.

Complete plot loss all the way around really.

Back on the horse this week.

10%
10%

Sigh. Last week was a fairly abject failure. Ds all round - so much crap I've eaten, yuck! - except for the having friends over life quest. It may be my only A this challenge.

Complete plot loss all the way around really.

Back on the horse this week.

A bad week dorsn't mean a failed challenge. Just try to stay in the saddle. Don't give up now. There are only two weeks left. Just remember how good you felt after week one. :)
  • Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!