All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking... [July 26 to Sep 6]

I have had no internet for 11 days. I've been dying.

But I just (finally) updated  and have hit titanium! Woo!

Fantastic!!! Congratulations! :applause:

I just hit Titanium tonight too. Yay! I'm setting a stretch goal of 185 miles by challenge end. More miles for the team!

• Like 4

balance in mind ... body in motion ... making inertia my bitch

Lv.2 warmonkey | 2 STR, 3 STA, 3 DEX, 5 CON, 4 WIS, 2 CHA

Challenges: Current | Previous

So, I'm curious. How do all of you titanium walkers fit walking into your days? Do you wake up early to walk? Just spend a lot of time in the evenings walking? Go on extra long walks on weekends?

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

So, I'm curious. How do all of you titanium walkers fit walking into your days? Do you wake up early to walk? Just spend a lot of time in the evenings walking? Go on extra long walks on weekends?

I park in a structure that's 1.5-2 miles away from my building at work, depending on the route I take, and I have a favorite lunch haunt that's another half mile round trip. If I have a conference call or get a phone call that will take a while, I put it on Bluetooth and walk around the block while I'm on it. I walk to the grocery store if what I need is not heavy or perishable. And if all else fails, I walk for up to an hour or so in my neighborhood after dinner. We have a treadmill too, which is my last resort when it's too hot, stormy, or sketchy outside.
  • Like 1

I walk my dog in the mornings, then I'm on my feet for about 3 or 4 hours and I do some walking in the afternoon for a workout unless it's a strength training day. I shoot for 12,000 steps a day (except Sunday), so if I haven't gotten there yet I'll do some more walking in the evening, even if it's just pacing around the livingroom while I watch tv.

And congratulations bim! I had been toying with a stretch goal but I wasn't sure how far to make it. I may just steal yours!

• Like 1

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Thanks AthenaMM! At the rate you're going, I bet you might crack 200 miles.
I have to fess up to making laps around the kitchen island between 11:45 and midnight on several occasions too. Fitbit numbers are highly motivating. :D

And NeverThatBored, that's another factor to consider. Those of us who use pedometers aren't just counting our purposeful walks; we're also counting all our trips to the fridge, the bathroom, and so on. That's why Endor told pedometer users to aim high.

• Like 1

Week 4 Summary

Medals:

Copper  :peaceful:

bedheadqueen (Walking) 

Nnimn (Walking) 

Bronze  :onthego:

jcsimmons (fitbit)  

Matsurika (strava) 

Tasha (fitbit)

Silver   :pirate:

Endor (Walking)   

Elastigirl (Walking)   

Snarkyfishguts (fitbit)  

Leli (pedometer) 

NeverThatBored (Walking)  <-new this week

Gold  :tiger:

ninjakitten (fitbit)  

PMyrrh (pedometer) 

Titanium  :victorious: 

AthenaMM (fitbit)   <-new this week

bim (fitbit)   <-new this week

Kasey (fitbit) <-new this week

EveningEmma (fitbit)   <-new this week

Team miles: (average 93 miles each)

1354 / 1767

Whoooah! ALL the walking! 4 Titaniums in week 4 is unheard of , congrats you big walkers! Nice work NeverThatBored on another medal too :encouragement: With this crew we might have to resurrect the Walk to Mordor quest next challenge :)

2 weeks left guys, those who are still closing in your medals keep chipping away at it, I have some work to do still for gold, not long now, keep on truckin' through week 5!  :positive:

• Like 3

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I can't believe I made titanium so quickly (or at all)!

I have changed the bus I take into work so it takes me a little longer to walk to and from it every day, and have been making more of an effort to walk instead of taking a bus. I have also done laps of the flat a few times to get my 10,000 steps in! 

• Like 3

Level 1 Adventurer

First Challenge: EveningEmma starts out

Crafting Blog: EveningEmma

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M LATE AND MISSED THE WEEK MEDALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, Titan and rocketed to first, so I'll deal, lol.

I walk a good bit of the day.  About 2-3 miles during my lunch break, I walk the manufacturing floor for my job, and after work I do a ton of landscaping and car repair.

Week 4 Summary

Medals:

bedheadqueen (Walking) 

Nnimn (Walking) 

jcsimmons (fitbit)  

Matsurika (strava) 

Tasha (fitbit)

Endor (Walking)   

Elastigirl (Walking)   

Snarkyfishguts (fitbit)  

Leli (pedometer) 

ninjakitten (fitbit)  

PMyrrh (pedometer) 

AthenaMM (fitbit)   <-new this week

bim (fitbit)   <-new this week

Kasey (fitbit) <-new this week

EveningEmma (fitbit)   <-new this week

1354 / 1767

Whoooah! ALL the walking! 4 Titaniums in week 4 is unheard of , congrats you big walkers! Nice work NeverThatBored on another medal too :encouragement: With this crew we might have to resurrect the Walk to Mordor quest next challenge :)

2 weeks left guys, those who are still closing in your medals keep chipping away at it, I have some work to do still for gold, not long now, keep on truckin' through week 5!  :positive:

Great Job Everyone!

• Like 2

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

I ran into an article this morning about the connection between walking and thinking. How appropriate! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Week 5 Summary

Medals:

bedheadqueen (Walking) 

Nnimn (Walking) 

Matsurika (strava) 

Tasha (fitbit)

Endor (Walking)   

jcsimmons (fitbit) <-new this week

ninjakitten (fitbit)  

Elastigirl (Walking)  <-new this week

Snarkyfishguts (fitbit) <-new this week

AthenaMM (fitbit) 

bim (fitbit)  

Kasey (fitbit)

EveningEmma (fitbit)

Leli (pedometer) <-new this week

PMyrrh (pedometer) <-new this week

1608 / 1674

Here I am standing in a cloud of dust!! Amazing job gang, so many gold and titanium medals! Ready for the final week? Only 65 team miles to go, amazingly we've got a chance for Gold for the team, unprecedented!

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

This team is awesome! Sorry to say my numbers have been way down recently - I messed up my lower back last weekend, and not only am I not walking as much, but my fitbit doesn't register most of the steps in my mincing stride! It's been getting better with rest and ice packs, so I'm hoping to finish strong and log 10-12 more miles.

limping-guy-gif-o.gif

Go team!

• Like 2

I went ahead and posted my mileage for today even though I'll get a few more steps before bed. It won't be enough to matter and that way I'm caught up. I walked 222 1/2 miles in 6 weeks. Not too shabby!

Thanks for the great idea - I've posted mine early too.

222 1/2 miles in 6 weeks, that is simply amazing!!

Bowing in awe to you and Pmyrrh. :applause:

tumblr_l6tqtybQLh1qcwsd8o1_250.gif

• Like 2

Week 6 Summary - wrap up

Medals:

bedheadqueen (Walking) 

Nnimn (Walking) 

Tasha (fitbit)

Endor (Walking)   

Matsurika (strava) <-new this week

Snarkyfishguts (fitbit)

NeverThatBored (Walking) 

AthenaMM (fitbit) 

bim (fitbit)  

Kasey (fitbit)

EveningEmma (fitbit)

Leli (pedometer)

PMyrrh (pedometer)

ninjakitten (fitbit) <-new this week

1936 / 1674

The results are in!! Amazing, amazing, amazing job everyone, so many medals and miles walked, just awesome to see :positive:

Congrats to everyone, whether you made it 1 mile or 243 miles (!!!) I'm glad you joined in and got some extra work done that might not have otherwise happened and most importantly some good thinking time and positive vibes. Walking is so good for you mentally and physically ;)

Secret footage of PMyrrh in action has been leaked.... :tongue:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31113-1344101850-1.

Team, we killed it like never before!  Team Gold medal for everyone :)

rumples-on-the-gold-team.jpg

Now go treat yourself to a pair of these beauties!

Nike-Zoom-KD-IV-Gold-Medal-21.jpg

• Like 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

@Elastigirl I individually called you out this PvP to push for Titanium, so proud of you for taking it down :applause: Massive congrats :encouragement:

Thanks, your titanium last challenge was great inspiration. It was a lot of miles to walk!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hi guys, I know I haven't joined in much with the thread but I wanted to let you all know that I really appreciated the motivation it gave me :). I walked 167 miles and knowing I was going to write the day's figure down definitely made me do that extra bit of walking!

Might need to introduce a platinum medal for next time :D

Sorry I've updated the spreadsheet late!

• Like 4

Alright! Great job everyone! I think I'll be more actively talking in my next challenge :D (Already excited!)  I believe I'm going to get a fitbit or something along those lines just to see the difference!  Strava never counts my 12 hour wedding photography days so I'm super excited to see how much I actually walk on those days! :)  I aimed for the moon and fell along with the stars  - Shooting for Platinum next time again!  I know that this challenge got me walking way more!  I mean WAY more than I would have normally walked - So THANK YOU! Not to mention Great job (yes again) - we all deserve it!

Matsurika

~Live Life to Love it - Don't Love to Hate it

Current: 203lbs  - Goal 155lbs - Original 205lbs

1%
; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">1%

2015 Biking Goal - Current 523 kms  - Goal 1000 kms 

52%
; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">52%

Week 6 Summary - wrap up

Medals:

bedheadqueen (Walking) 

Nnimn (Walking) 

Tasha (fitbit)

Endor (Walking)   

Matsurika (strava) <-new this week

Snarkyfishguts (fitbit)

NeverThatBored (Walking) 

AthenaMM (fitbit) 

bim (fitbit)  

Kasey (fitbit)

EveningEmma (fitbit)

Leli (pedometer)

PMyrrh (pedometer)

ninjakitten (fitbit) <-new this week

1936 / 1674

The results are in!! Amazing, amazing, amazing job everyone, so many medals and miles walked, just awesome to see :positive:

Congrats to everyone, whether you made it 1 mile or 243 miles (!!!) I'm glad you joined in and got some extra work done that might not have otherwise happened and most importantly some good thinking time and positive vibes. Walking is so good for you mentally and physically ;)

Secret footage of PMyrrh in action has been leaked.... :tongue:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31113-1344101850-1.

Team, we killed it like never before!  Team Gold medal for everyone :)

rumples-on-the-gold-team.jpg

Now go treat yourself to a pair of these beauties!

Nike-Zoom-KD-IV-Gold-Medal-21.jpg

Hahaha.  Thank you.  As it happens, I got in the last 30 miles helping coordinate, clean, and stock a community fall festival. Lots of garbage can to dumpster trips, stocking soda in coolers, and moving craft tents for 3 days.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%