gunslinger_25 & Boston: The Final Frontier

gunslinger_25

a_560x0.gif

OK, this week was a little shaky, but I think we've got the stabilizers back online.  Didn't get a single BW exercise session in, but I'll blame that on all the time I spent planning the exercise room for the new addition!  Ha!

But really, I need to get all my feces in one location on that.  Food intake was OK and I was down 3 pounds this week. 

Running was spot on and I put in about 50 miles.

scotty_star_trek_iv_hello_computer_talki

On another note, I got a new GPS watch.  Never had or used one before, so it's been a learning process.  Really hoping it helps me fine tune my pacing for my race in September.

• Like 3

Follow me on Strava or Garmin Connect

"My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already."
--Milton Berle

Your trajectory overall looks steady, keep it up captain!

Thanks!  That means a lot coming from you!  I just think my training is catching up with me and I'm getting pre-race jitters.  A little early at 4 weeks out, but this is a pretty big goal.  Hopefully I can blow off some steam at my 50k this Saturday.

"My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already."
--Milton Berle

Jw7ZMBtWCq3kf3ljEbyyHurRo1_400.gif

Feeling really great this morning!  I saw my sister at the grocery store yesterday and said I was looking really thin!  The spouse tells me nice things all of the time, but she sort of has to.  :nevreness: My running, food intake, water intake, and BW exercises have all been spot on this week.  Ran 8x800 repeats yesterday and and all but two were Yasso 800s, so that was really good.  Only 25 days left until race day, so I'm trying to be super focused until then!

• Like 1

--Milton Berle

Sounds like you're really killing it. And a medal too, eh? Get in!

Also, that l;ast Star Trek gif might just be the best gif ever.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Got my BW exercises in tonight after a 6 mile run, so finished the day strong!  Also got a TENS unit and hit my hamstring and tricep/shoulder area that have been sore. 

WorfShock.gif

Pretty intense, but the hamstring felt better, so we'll see.  Worf recommended it...

• Like 2

--Milton Berle

Sounds about right.  I have my last long training run this Saturday with a moderate taper the next three weeks (max long run of 15).  I've tapered TOO much in the past and tend to gain weight if my taper is too weak.  Should be good this time.

• Like 2

--Milton Berle

tumblr_inline_mpllf65Xxg1qz4rgp.gif

Well, maybe it wasn't quite this hot in Savannah on Saturday, but it sure felt like it. 

I placed 8th out of 24 at my 50k and took about 5.5 hours.  About 30 minutes over my goal, but I'm still happy since it was so damn hot! 

This week was very successful with 2x BW exercise sessions, food and water intake good enough for a 3 pound weight loss, and about 66 miles of running done.  Saturday was my last long(er) training run, so after 60 miles this week, I have two weeks of taper before my Big Race.  My new GPS watch is telling me my VO2Max is 53 with my marathon race prediction at 3:07.  Granted, those are predictions, but still, it's a good mental boost!

• Like 1

--Milton Berle

Georgia is pretty rough in the summer time. Glad you survived our heat and humidity

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

Ha! Yes, it was brutal. The course was 95% shaded, so that was a huge help. There were some locals who were knocking the miles out like it was nothing. I was very impressed.

Thats just what we train in ... like folks who run on low oxygen/high altitude places ;)
  • Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

giphy.gif

Urgent newsflash to gunslinger_25:  if you don't track all of your food, you will gain weight.  No matter how many miles you run.  I guess it's a newsflash, though one would think I'd have learned that by now. 

60+ miles run last week, 1x BW routine ( :neglected: ), and if I'm being generous, 4 days of food tracking.  Really, a pretty dismal showing and the scale bore that out this morning.  No one to blame but myself, so...moving on!

Today begins my two week taper!  Only 43 miles this week, with my long run being only 10!  This is crunch time and I need to be on point with all of my goals.  Running doesn't seem to be an issue, but after Lehigh, I may need to reevaluate if Weight Watchers is a good fit for me at my current weight and activity level.  I'm at the point where I'm feeling hungry quite a bit!

--Milton Berle

giphy.gif

I'm totally ready to leap into action this Sunday!  Ha ha ha ha...well, you get it. 

Here we are at the end of the challenge!  I feel I did really well on my running with ~343 miles run in 6 weeks.  BW exercises can certainly use some improvement, but with my training dropping down after the Lehigh marathon, I'll be able to focus a bit more on that.  Eating has been OK overall, though I've been hanging around in the same 5 pound zone for a number of weeks.  I'm headed to Colorado for some hiking at the end of September, but after that I'm going to drastically switch up my eating to join the spouse on her Whole30 routine.  She really seems to be enjoying it and it's much easier to be on the same diet!

Wish me luck on my BQ attempt in 5 days!

• Like 2

--Milton Berle

Wow, 5 days!  You're not going to need any luck, though.  You are ready, and you're gonna blast through the race in no time at all!

• Like 2

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Thanks!  I'm really ready for it and I'm itching to race.  Just have to stay focused, injury-free, and not go crazy with anticipation until then.  That's why I have the spouse to keep me balanced.   :tranquillity: 

• Like 2

--Milton Berle

I DID IT!

giphy.gif

All of my training paid off and I ran the Lehigh marathon in 3:07:44.  I have a good buffer at 2:16 so I should be able to get in when I apply on Monday.  I've very happy and thankful for all of the support I got from everyone here at NF. 

I'm going to take a little break and go back to lurking/spying on the spouse, but I'll pop in as often as I can!

• Like 3

--Milton Berle