• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I could have sworn I ranted about this at length at dinner. :D

If I don't have indoor plumbing and a real bed, I refuse any and all accommodations. :tongue:

I'd add heat and A/C to the list of requirements...

• Like 1

I'd add heat and A/C to the list of requirements...

I can go without A/C briefly.  Without heat this time of year as well.  But the plumbing and bed...... non-negotiable.

You guys are funny!  The high this weekend will be about 70 where we're going.  Overnight lows in the 40s which might be chilly for some but I love sleeping in that temp.  So who needs AC?  Sit by a fire, fall asleep in a hammock (I know I've seen you doing that... you posted pictures, Stars!), read a good book, and spend the days hiking/running around... And I've got a solar shower if I get extra stinky out running...

I'm reading "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern; I think you'd like it.

• Like 3

You guys are funny!  The high this weekend will be about 70 where we're going.  Overnight lows in the 40s which might be chilly for some but I love sleeping in that temp.  So who needs AC?  Sit by a fire, fall asleep in a hammock (I know I've seen you doing that... you posted pictures, Stars!), read a good book, and spend the days hiking/running around... And I've got a solar shower if I get extra stinky out running...

Dozing for a half hour, sure.  Sleeping overnight? NOPE.

But YOU go have a great time! :D

Have a great time. :) Sounds awesome. The BEST shower I ever had was a solar shower in a rustic campground in the mountains of CO.

Is it good? I almost bought it before my vacation in March but was put off by some of the Amazon reviews.

• Like 2

Oh AND I forgot to comment on it but - I've been eyeing that book off and on, and I've also heard conflicting things, but if you're saying it's worth a read, I'll get my hands on it!

• Like 1

I really enjoyed "The Night Circus" myself. When I listened to audiobooks to keep my sanity during my hour+ commute to/from work/rehearsal last year, it was one of more entertaining listens. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending, but I did enjoy the rest of it. ^_^

• Like 2

I'm reading The Night Circus rather slowly, so I'm only about halfway through. I really enjoy the imagery so far and it has kept me entertained. Haven't gotten to the end yet, so I can't comment on the book as a whole. It does jump around a lot, and I had to learn to pay attention to the year listed in the chapter titles.

Was sick yesterday afternoon, and some villain put a rock through my van's window, so I spent most of yesterday either at work, packing to go camping today, or scrounging up a used window (not easy for a 28 year old vw van) and installing it so we don't have to travel with the windows wide open today. So I'm behind on my running AGAIN. But, I'll make it up with all the hiking I'll be doing this weekend.

• Like 1

Back from my armed walk in the woods. Hiked about 17 miles in two days over four sessions, and didn't see any elk at all. Oh well. But, I'd say that that level of distance in just over 36 hours counts for two days running. Not having internet though, I didn't log my food (again). I'm just lazy when it comes to writing all that stuff down. I did manage to cook healthy food for the wife and son, just not while we were in the woods.

So I see in my future another milquetoast challenge resolution, where I nail all my physical challenges and basically ignore all my discipline challenges. Harrumph.

Finished "The Night Circus" this morning at like 5AM (woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep). Have put in a running day already, and hope to get two more before the weekend is out. I don't think I'll be able to nail that 8 mile run, but I'll give it a try. What could it hurt?

• Like 1

The 17 miles covered in 3-days does sound like a good make-up for missing 2 runs. I can't believe someone threw a rock through y'alls window-that's extra crappy. Now that you've finished The Night Circus (BTW, made me think of the Goosebumps book series lol), now you can read Natural Born Heroes by Chris McDougall :)

Attempting the 8 mile run is better than not attempting it at all, so I say GO FOR IT!

Wolf

• Like 1

I dont' think I ever closed out this challenge!  

6/6 Planning (food)  +2 CHA

4/6 Planning (food recording)  +2 CHA

6/6 Execution (archery practice)  +3 DEX

5/6 Extraction (running:  being sick, I missed a week on this one).  +2 STA, +2 CON

Not bad, considering I ended up with strep throat in the last week!  Never did get that 8 mile run in, which is a shame because it would've boosted my STA and CON a little more!

• Like 1

Hi again!

Actually, I didn't have to ding myself on those, since I actually ran more than 18 times over the course of the challenge.  I just didn't get the "bonus" points for upping my max distance to 8 miles.  Which I might have been able to do if I hadn't put it off til the last weekend.

I wouldn't ding myself for getting sick, but that's just me. :D

Hi again!

Actually, I didn't have to ding myself on those, since I actually ran more than 18 times over the course of the challenge.  I just didn't get the "bonus" points for upping my max distance to 8 miles.  Which I might have been able to do if I hadn't put it off til the last weekend.

Ah, that's fair!!!

I've missed seeing you around, glad you are here. ^_^